Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 pm

So he's having the best season start of his career in his 17th year in the league
wcsoldier81

Postby MadMax on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:42 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:So he's having the best season start of his career in his 17th year in the league

Makes perfect sense, right?

Isn't he also leading the league in scoring? :man10:
MadMax

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm

leading all guards in shooting percentage and leading the league in points per game. no big deal.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 pm

The man doesn't age. So ridiculous.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Another great game by Kobe Bryant, he was doing everything tonight as his triple double shows. His efficiency should at the very least stay around this current mark once Nash returns.
XXIV

Postby LakerFanIam on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

The Original 81 wrote:The man doesn't age. So ridiculous.

He's definitely slower on defense... But I actually think the slower pace actually makes him a much more efficient offensive player.
LakerFanIam

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:53 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:The man doesn't age. So ridiculous.

He's definitely slower on defense... But I actually think the slower pace actually makes him a much more efficient offensive player.

Well yeah, he's slower and has lost a step, but he's so skilled it doesn't even matter.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Forward Three on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 pm

It's not enough that he's posting age-defying numbers, but the types of moves and shots he's executing are ridiculous as well. Like, I honestly believe he could still score ~60 in a game if he had to, but that he doesn't have to and can focus more on setting up Dwight and playing in rhythm it's great to see. Especially after the somewhat weak/weird season he had last year(not that it was bad, just you could tell he was more affected/working harder for less).

So long as he stays healthy for the remainder of the season, it gives me a lot more confidence in what this team is capable of.
Forward Three

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm

hahhahah. man i remember a time where so many here in the forum were so hard on him and bashing him for almost everything what went wrong, and now the same people here are kissing his feet and b... now. and say how great he is. it s true he is big. and i always support him but all these in my opinion so called f... fans are now kissing the ground where he is going that give me chills and i have to laugh about them.. hahahah got you
kobebryant248

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Man, Kobe messed around and got a triple double! Today was a good day! :jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:28 pm

^And we didn't even have to use our AK(Nash). Gotta say it was a good day.
Frank Dux

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Frank Dux wrote:^And we didn't even have to use our AK(Nash). Gotta say it was a good day.
:jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:43 pm

He shot just 60% from the line :disagree:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Can somebody name me a player other than MJ that has stayed this great for THIS long? Kobe has literally been a top 5 player for 13 years now....and of those 13, I'd say he's either been THE best player in the league for 8 of those year OR a top 3 player for 11 of those years. Literally all the dudes he came into the league with are not competing at the level Kobe is at right now. Tracy Mcgrady, Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, Steve Nash (he might be the closest in terms of still getting it done, but nowhere near a top 10 player any more)...he has outdone all of these players that were once neck and neck with him or "challenging" his throne.

The guy is just phenomenal....I am curious to see if the Lakers do win it all this year AND next year...will he really walk away if he's STILL playing this great? I mean come on every year we think he's going to decline and then he somehow doesnt....He's going out there and getting triple doubles? WTF? Man i'm REALLY excited to see what Kobe can do when Nash is back....

Another interesting stat: Kobe has never shot over 50% during the regular season. I think if the Lakers end up atop the west, and Kobe is putting up 26-6-5 on 50% shooting and 85% from FT line....he should be the MVP.
FabFourLakers

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: TripDub!

Postby TIME on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 am

Dagger...

to my stomach.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 am

FabFourLakers wrote:Can somebody name me a player other than MJ that has stayed this great for THIS long?

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 am

^ I was gonna mention Kareem as well. This is just (Kobe's) preparation that's showing. Most people know about the workouts and shooting a million jumpers in the gym, but I think sometimes people forget about all the maintenance work he does on his body. He dedicates alot of time to upkeep, and its really gonna be especially beneficial in his last couple of years.

Its also the reason why he plays with ailments that would have 99% of the league on the sidelines. Ofcourse he's about as tough as anyone to ever step on the court, but he's really good at working around the clock on injuries so that he's still able to play.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 am

You're bout to get cut kid !

wcsoldier81

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 am

therealdeal wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:Can somebody name me a player other than MJ that has stayed this great for THIS long?

Well I just got owned on this question...lol.

Carry on, nothing to see here....
FabFourLakers

Postby Forward Three on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 am

FabFourLakers wrote:Can somebody name me a player other than MJ that has stayed this great for THIS long? Kobe has literally been a top 5 player for 13 years now....and of those 13, I'd say he's either been THE best player in the league for 8 of those year OR a top 3 player for 11 of those years. Literally all the dudes he came into the league with are not competing at the level Kobe is at right now. Tracy Mcgrady, Vince Carter, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, Steve Nash (he might be the closest in terms of still getting it done, but nowhere near a top 10 player any more)...he has outdone all of these players that were once neck and neck with him or "challenging" his throne.

Well, Kareem and Malone are two that come to mind. I mean, in their final years(more like, literally their respective final years) they weren't getting much done, but both guys were still well capable of having huge games well into their 30s. Of course, it's not a direct comparison given the types of games they played. Kareem being one of the longest centers of his era was able to stay effective as he aged, Malone being one of the strongest players to ever play the game was also able to leverage that to his advantage.

What Kobe is doing at this age as a somewhat undersized shooting guard whose game has always relied on quickness and cunning is remarkable compared to the bevy of other athletic do-everything players(many of which you mentioned) who fell off much sooner.

For the sake of fairness, I feel like I do have to give a nod to Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce though, I really expected both of those guys to be done by now, but they're still managing to make things happen and yes, a huge part of that is Rondo's playmaking and Doc River's coaching(knows how to utilize them) and those guys aren't do-everything players like Kobe, but still, for being on the wrong side of 30, it could be a lot worse.
Forward Three

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:19 am

Kareem 1st Finals MVP :1971
Kareem 2nd Finals MVP :1985

Says it all
wcsoldier81

Postby The Rock on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 am

From a fantasy perspective, I have him on my team and not a single blocked shot this year :man2: :man2: :man2:

Will be interesting to see if he wins player of the week honors tomorrow over Durant. Both went 3-1, Durant has put up some insane numbers as well and he had a triple double tonight too

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 am

FabFourLakers wrote:
Well I just got owned on this question...lol.

Carry on, nothing to see here....

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 am

This guy is just amazing. "using" Kobe is a great way to measure people. If they can't accept his greatness and give him props, means you're dealing with a real, REAL hater. Many of my non-Lakers fans friends are realy loving this dude... more and more each year :jam2: :man9:
kenzo

Postby Sirron on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 am

Yeah, Kobe has ZERO blocks this year. Dude is obviously losing it. Shut him down and send him out to pasture.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion