Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: pulls off a rare triple single

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:10 pm

i don t get it why we battle it out in the kobe bryant thread. in my eyes in that thread it has to about kobe and not attacking me or make jokes at my costs but that s maybe the reason why lakers fan base is called the worst by any other fan base . making jokes at costs of a fan from the same team ? wow
kobebryant248

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 pm

I wasn't making fun of you, I just thought your spelling of a word was very funny. Relax
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:21 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:i don t get it why we battle it out in the kobe bryant thread. in my eyes in that thread it has to about kobe and not attacking me or make jokes at my costs but that s maybe the reason why lakers fan base is called the worst by any other fan base . making jokes at costs of a fan from the same team ? wow

Give him a little break guys, which of us can claim we've never made a spelling/syntax error. :jam2:

But that spelling of unacceptable did make me chuckle. :mhihi:
phoenixrisingla

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 pm

“When you look back at this era there’s going to be a lot of players that you can pick from. You can talk about their greatness. This is a good era for basketball, and it would be led by Kobe Bryant – who was the greatest player in our era.” - Dwyane Wade

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-news-dwyane-wade-says-kobe-is-greatest-player-in-his-era/2013/02/15/

Well I'm kinda surprised with this coming from D-Wade. But nice to see.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby trodgers on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 pm

John3:16 wrote:Kobe the facilitator isn't working. Shooters need to shoot. Scorers need to score.

We should trade for someone like Nash who can do the facilitating and let Kobe do what he does best.

:bang:

We're 8-4 since Kobe entered distribution mode.

His #s in those 12:
36.5 MPG, 6.8-14.8, .461 FGs, .1-1.9 3pts (4%!), 4.7-5.3 FTs (89%), 18.4 points, 8.5 assists, 7.0 rebounds, 1.2 steals, 0.4 blocks, 4.3 TO
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby retro_nights on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:42 pm

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:
“When you look back at this era there’s going to be a lot of players that you can pick from. You can talk about their greatness. This is a good era for basketball, and it would be led by Kobe Bryant – who was the greatest player in our era.” - Dwyane Wade

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-news-dwyane-wade-says-kobe-is-greatest-player-in-his-era/2013/02/15/

"so now we care what Wade has to say?"

:man9:
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby nameant on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm

I've always liked DWade.
nameant

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:07 pm

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:

He's only saying that because Kobe is retiring next season. :man9:
Jazzygirl205

Postby KB24 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 pm

trodgers wrote:
John3:16 wrote:Kobe the facilitator isn't working. Shooters need to shoot. Scorers need to score.

We should trade for someone like Nash who can do the facilitating and let Kobe do what he does best.

:bang:

We're 8-4 since Kobe entered distribution mode.

His #s in those 12:
36.5 MPG, 6.8-14.8, .461 FGs, .1-1.9 3pts (4%!), 4.7-5.3 FTs (89%), 18.4 points, 8.5 assists, 7.0 rebounds, 1.2 steals, 0.4 blocks, 4.3 TO

he is definitely on fire from downtown lol

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Re: Kobe Discussion: frustrated, irritated, aggravated

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Wade knows what's up, LeBron is great, but Kobe set the standard for this generation. That's why all these guys go at him when they play us, there's nobody they want to beat more.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:33 pm

nameant wrote:

I've always liked DWade.

Sign him Mitch.
borri

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:40 pm

nameant wrote:

I've always liked DWade.

:man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: Seriously for me this quote blows me away for 2 reasons.

1. I've always assumed DWade didn't like Kobe from when Shaq came to the Heat and brought his stories and prejudice. And then the heated battles they always have and the chippiness between them. (ALTHOUGH I wonder what it was that he said in Kobes's ear after he brought him back in close following the first post game good byes) after Miami whipped us on Sunday 2/10) (I'd like to think he was actually recognizing what Kobe was going through having to play with a Diva again [?])

2. Wow. What is his definition of "this era" being that LeBron, his teammate, has been around for quite a while now???? HA!! I've always liked DWade! NOT!!! Wow!!!
LTLakerFan

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:57 pm

I was shocked that D-Wade said this, but it is very true.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Kit on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Win win for Wade for what he said. He got some love or respect from the Lakers fans all around the world.
Kit

Postby Herm24 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Wade just doesn't want to get his nose broken this sunday
Herm24

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:20 pm

Kobe could shoot a better percentage from half court. :man10:

That 3 point % is so bad it's funny.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:26 pm

ouch that 3 point percentage is painful
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:32 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
nameant wrote:

I've always liked DWade.

:man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: Seriously for me this quote blows me away for 2 reasons.

1. I've always assumed DWade didn't like Kobe from when Shaq came to the Heat and brought his stories and prejudice. And then the heated battles they always have and the chippiness between them. (ALTHOUGH I wonder what it was that he said in Kobes's ear after he brought him back in close following the first post game good byes) after Miami whipped us on Sunday 2/10) (I'd like to think he was actually recognizing what Kobe was going through having to play with a Diva again [?])

2. Wow. What is his definition of "this era" being that LeBron, his teammate, has been around for quite a while now???? HA!! I've always liked DWade! NOT!!! Wow!!!

Maybe he's just saying that to play the Switzerland card.

Lebron is the Kobe of this era. And he did say Kobe WAS the greatest player in our era. So he has an out in case Lebron gets mad. Haha.
JGC

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 pm

i guess it depends how you define when the era started and ended. he has a lot of room to maneuver this. not a big deal in terms of his relationship with lebron. didn't Lebron used to say kobe was the best back in like 2007-2008
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

khmrP wrote:
Weezy wrote:
L4L wrote:Just going to leave this here:
http://www.82games.com/1213/1213LAL5.HTM

Might be interesting for some of you to note that opposing SGs are literally the only position on the floor that underproduces against us compared to the league average.

No no no, Kobe needs to play perfect on offense and 1st team all defense caliber defense again, it's only his 17th season he can still do it all and should be expected to. :nono5:

lazy is lazy, I dont care for the reason, keep giving him those excuse cause its not gona stop his man from getting WIDE open.

those guys have every excuse for kobe... even when kobe purposely doesn't shoot at all in the 1st
half of a game... kobe is perfect he can do no wrong
Maluco Beleza

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Crap....under our noses here but in plain sight there has been an odom1year cloning program going on ...... :bang: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby SpencerHarrison on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:01 pm

I think in the early going, Kobe assumed more was going to be done without him. This would be a season to relax just slightly and let two other superstars share the burden. At the very least, it would let Kobe operate more as a pure scorer as his career winds down. He didn't move much on defense, and his "free safety" style WAS actually lazy.

This recent criticism? Unfounded. Kobe is full throttle trying to get wins right now. I watched every play of the Clippers game and I saw him leave his man open, but only to try and make plays and shut Griffin down. Before, he would just kind of stand around and ball watch. Kobe is active on defense, and running the ENTIRE show on offense. What he has done this season is nothing short of amazing.

If I see laziness, I'll call it out. But he played to win.
SpencerHarrison

Postby borri on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:27 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
nameant wrote:

I've always liked DWade.

LOL. I thought everyone got this inside joke. Guess not.
borri

Postby Finwë on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Great comment from Wade. I'd say Kobe's the greatest player from 2000 to 2010. That decade is his. Maybe this can be LeBron's decade, though he is already on his 10th season, right?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby John3:16 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Just 95% of us.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion