Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Discussion:"I've bled purple & gold my whole life"(528)

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:16 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:The last two plays where we Iso'd Kobe was my only complaint. I don't care if we run the Iso but no one moved and Kobe turned it over in critical time. Made up for it with 9/9 from the line though. Great game overall.

I actually yelled out "MOVE!"
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Helljumper wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Mark should go to the Charles Barkley school of please STFU talking about the Lakers. Shouldn't he be fined for talking about another player under contract on another team?

Just noticed this update on the RealGM article:

Update: Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Lakers will not file a complaint against Cuban for his comments. The NBA, however, is reviewing the matter and can fine him for publicly speaking about the status of another team's player.

Thats what I thought. The League Office hates Cuban so I assume he gets fined. He should be too.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 pm

That was fun to see, I like what Kobe has been doing to win, but once in a while vintage Kobe scoring is fun.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 pm

If only our guys were reliable enough for us to enjoy watching him score like this as well as dish out a acceptable amount of assists. But our other guys are not consistent enough for him to have that kind of privilege, his legs will probably feel like he's carrying bricks if or when they reach the playoffs.
Jazzygirl205

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Weezy wrote:That was fun to see, I like what Kobe has been doing to win, but once in a while vintage Kobe scoring is fun.

Well this was the Kobe we needed today to win. We didn't have the shots going down so it was Kobe's turn to take over and he did it. Boy did he do it.

If on Sunday in Dallas we need passing Kobe, I think we'll see that too. Hopefully he's finding that balance. This was the right step.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:23 pm

If this was young Kobe, it would have been a 50-60 point night. 17th season Kobe, only 40. :man11:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^damn you defend anything that isn't a Laker.

Inhale. Then exhale. (Not the other way around).

Ok, now ... I never defended anything. I just didn't see anything in there from Cuban where he suggested that the Lakers should amnesty Kobe. He never actually said that, did he? (I mean, maybe he did but he wasn't quoted as such in the article).

I mean, I thought we didn't like it when the media blows things out of proportion. We just went through this. I was just pointing out how the media blew his comments out of proportion with the article title (I'm sure for the same selfish reasons they blow the Kobe/Dwight thing out of proportion).

I don't even understand your comment really. Do you blindly defend everything that is Laker? I don't think you do, do you?

LOL.. You are comedy. Inhale. Exhale. You should try it yourself.

Like I said, Damn you defend anything that is against LA. It wasn't a guess it was an observation. I know it is true because you came with your "inhale. exhale" quip. Typical.

Maybe had you said it might be blown out of proportion. You jumped in saying the title was rediculous and Mark never said Amnesty Kobe. Guess the League Office also is blowing it out of proportion too by looking into it to fine him. I know its hard to understand but an owner can not talk about a player who is under contract for another team.

I don't blindly defend anything. It just seems I am always defending cause a few of you only find ways to knock the team at every chance. I am sure you have issue with Kobe shooting 23 times tonight.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 pm

thanks mamba for this awesome performance. he willed us to win . he had some turnovers but at the end of the day lakers won that game because of that man kobe bryant. again thanks for that scoring in the 2nd half espicially it was much needed that scoring out put tonight :jam2:
kobebryant248

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:28 pm

I don't even blame that turnover on him. Nash brought his man TO Kobe. That's a cardinal sin, you can't do that. That's something you can never do.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:32 pm

40/7/4 tonight, not bad for a 34 yrs old rite :man1:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 pm

He had 40 pts with just 9 FA, meaning most of his points were all work from the hardwood :man1:
Jazzygirl205

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 pm

noobiew wrote:40/7/4 tonight, not bad for a 34 yrs old rite :man1:

Charles Barkley has something to say :man1:
Jazzygirl205

Postby TIME on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:36 pm

How's that amnesty looking Cuban?
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:39 pm

The most impressive part is he did it in just 35 minutes so he didn't even go all out to get us this victory, he just made the most of his shot attempts.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 pm

kobe was brilliant tonight espicially in the 2nd half . in the 3rd he had 18 points to keep us in the game . thanks kobe :jam2:
kobebryant248

Postby Jellincon on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:

Charles Barkley has something to say :man1:

He gave us his blessing. :man1:

Jellincon

Postby Chillbongo on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:13 am

LeBron's the best all around player in the game.

Durant's the best shooter in the game.

But my God, Kobe Bean Bryant is the absolute s***.

I really wouldn't want anyone else.
Chillbongo

Postby odom1year on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 am

Have to give Kobe props for attacking the rim more.
odom1year

Postby kenzo on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:10 am

Barkley looks dumber and dumber with every comment he makes :freak2: Melo >>> Kobe... right :disagree:
kenzo

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 am

Barkley still bitter after Kobe refused to let him ride his and Shaq's coattails to a championship in the threepeat.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 am

odom1year wrote:Have to give Kobe props for attacking the rim more.

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JGC on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^damn you defend anything that isn't a Laker.

Inhale. Then exhale. (Not the other way around).

Ok, now ... I never defended anything. I just didn't see anything in there from Cuban where he suggested that the Lakers should amnesty Kobe. He never actually said that, did he? (I mean, maybe he did but he wasn't quoted as such in the article).

I mean, I thought we didn't like it when the media blows things out of proportion. We just went through this. I was just pointing out how the media blew his comments out of proportion with the article title (I'm sure for the same selfish reasons they blow the Kobe/Dwight thing out of proportion).

I don't even understand your comment really. Do you blindly defend everything that is Laker? I don't think you do, do you?

LOL.. You are comedy. Inhale. Exhale. You should try it yourself.

Like I said, Damn you defend anything that is against LA. It wasn't a guess it was an observation. I know it is true because you came with your "inhale. exhale" quip. Typical.

Maybe had you said it might be blown out of proportion. You jumped in saying the title was rediculous and Mark never said Amnesty Kobe. Guess the League Office also is blowing it out of proportion too by looking into it to fine him. I know its hard to understand but an owner can not talk about a player who is under contract for another team.

I don't blindly defend anything. It just seems I am always defending cause a few of you only find ways to knock the team at every chance. I am sure you have issue with Kobe shooting 23 times tonight.

You never answered my question. Did Mark actually suggest that the Lakers amnesty Kobe?

When the League Office looks in to things, does that mean the accusations have merit? What happens when the league hands down a punishment as a result of the accusations? Would you say then, that the punished player/person deserved it because the League Office said so? Definitely want to see the answer to that question because you just might be the first person to think what the League Office does = truth!

Bottom line, I thought the article TITLE was misleading. Clearly intended to draw attention rather than properly summarize the article's content. I mean if you agree with that sentiment then shhh, move on to something else instead of making it a personal thing. If you disagree, and feel the title was an accurate summation of the content, let's talk about it.

I mean you've offered nothing of value to the conversation about the article, instead you just make personal attacks about how I defend ANYTHING that isn't LA. *rolls eyes*
JGC

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:10 am

Great game. We needed his scoring last night. Extremely efficient.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 am

Mind-blowing isn't it? This guy is as competitive as they have EVER come. Incredibly amazing to see, except for a couple of shots & that turnover down the stretch :man9: Excellent game nonetheless.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:34 am

Even if we suck as a team , I find amazing he's getting little to absolutely ZERO credit for what he's doing in his 17th season ...

Is Kobe a jerk to every analyst/journalist behind closed doors ?
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion