Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Discussion: 47/8/5/3/4 in 48 minutes- Unreal

Postby Finwë on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Now that's a title! :man10:

Back to Kobe, I liked the respect he showed Lillard, really praised him post-game. Kobe likes fearless players, and Lillard was NOT backing down from Kobe tonight. Fun to watch, and the dude seems legit.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Finwë wrote:Now that's a title! :man10:

Back to Kobe, I liked the respect he showed Lillard, really praised him post-game. Kobe likes fearless players, and Lillard was NOT backing down from Kobe tonight. Fun to watch, and the dude seems legit.

game recognizes game

plus lillard was showing kobe love on twitter last night
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:58 pm

I think part of the reason Kobe had such a ridiculous game was because Lillard wouldn't back down from the game. He went toe to toe with Kobe and when that happens, Kobe likes to put youngsters in their place.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Kobe Discussion: 47/8/5/3/4 in 48 minutes = Wilt lite

Postby JGC on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Weezy wrote:That's also quite fitting considering that stat line has apparently never been put up before.

Yup, that's what I was thinking. The classic double entendre! Oh well, "unreal" works too. It's just so .... simple. But maybe there's something with that too in that he was simply unreal in that game.
JGC

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Kobe Bryant wrote:#vintagevino. Lillard is the real deal #mambasalute

https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/322224974997889024
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 pm

:bow: :bow: :bow: Kobe, Kobe, Kobe. This guy is just sick. That stat line and playing all 48 - :man4:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 pm

JGC wrote:
Weezy wrote:That's also quite fitting considering that stat line has apparently never been put up before.

Yup, that's what I was thinking. The classic double entendre! Oh well, "unreal" works too. It's just so .... simple. But maybe there's something with that too in that he was simply unreal in that game.

That's it.
It actually should have a stop after the word, like "Unreal.". It's like, that's it, the dude's unreal, nothing more to be said, simple as that, etc..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:12 pm

therealdeal wrote:

I think part of the reason Kobe had such a ridiculous game was because Lillard wouldn't back down from the game. He went toe to toe with Kobe and when that happens, Kobe likes to put youngsters in their place.

I think that was definitely a factor
Finwë

Postby TIME on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:05 am

LakeShow09 wrote:
Via @eliassports Kobe Bryant is the 1st player with at least 47 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks and 3 steals in an NBA game.

Perfect gif. :bow:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 am

Oh happy day :jam2:
kenzo

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:33 am

All i'm going to say is...I will miss this guy when he finally calls it quits....

I'm enjoying this season simply because of what Kobe Bryant has done at age 34 in his 17th NBA season....and I wanna see this guy in the damn playoffs. He WILLED us to another win...and i Hope he has some gas left in that tank for these last 3 games...hopefully nash is back too so we can see him knock some wide open 3s down (which meeks and blake haven't really been doing lately)
FabFourLakers

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 am

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby odom1year on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:11 am

odom1year

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 am

Yes, Kobe is the fault..... Damn him.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:20 am

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Tobias Funke on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:24 am

:man10: :man10:
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:56 am

McMenamin is full of it in that article :man10:

He only really had quotes from Pau and Dwight. Which is hilarious because Pau had the second most shots at 15 and Dwight had the third most at 11.

Pau complained about ball movement, but Kobe had 5 assists and 1 turnover. Pau also had 9 assists so he was responsible for at least 29 points himself. Between the two of them they seemed to move the ball just fine.

Dwight talked about playing inside out so he and Pau could find guys on the perimeter. Dwight had 6 turnovers alone out of 15. Moving the ball indeed.

Not to mention both of them were quick to point out that it was a fantastic game by him and an incredible performance.

Trying to find fault in Kobe's game last night is like trying to find fault in the Sistine Chapel or the Grand Canyon. It was a work of art, appreciate it for what it is.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:05 am

Forget the stat line: at 17 seasons with numerous extended seasons and summers dedicated to basketball, we have a 34 year old wanting to play entire games fresh off of an ankle injury....WTF.

Whatever part of him is human, we're definitely killing with these extended minutes. A part of me feels that he's just wanting to do whatever he can to make sure he can get as much basketball into the system before he retires. He wants to capitalize on the remaining years of his contract. I think the only way he decides to re-up is if he's still at 5 titles and believes he can give another season where he can validate being the 1st option and putting up 25+ a night. He doesn't want to continue his career if his production falls in any way. If he feels he's capable of playing 48 minutes a night and still putting up these type of numbers, he will play past next year....but he needs a motive....and being stuck at 5 titles will probably be the only way he decides to come back.

I was one of Kobe's biggest critics as he matured into what he is today...and all I have for Kobe the basketball legend is unequivocal admiration, appreciation and respect. Enjoy it while you can fellas!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:12 am

Ahhh....sun is out.... birds chirping....and a happy morning for you. It's a good day to start again.
LTLakerFan

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 am

we are blessed...we are truly blessed
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:19 am

The Lakers played team ball, on offense AND defense. But even if they hadn't, what they need is to get into the damn playoffs by any means necessary. Only LA writers can create drama that isn't there, or not fully appreciate what Kobe's doing.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:23 am

The thing that rings absolutely true with the McMenamin article is that we have to do whatever we can to preserve Kobe.

Lets say, Kobe can play like this for 5 more years...would you think its smart of us to drain that type of ability? This is why I can't stand MDA's rotations. I understand its desperation time and all they want to do is get into the 8th seed....but this guy played Kobe extended minutes all year long...and unnecessarily at times. He made Kobe into a ball dominant player trying to setup his teammates, when he should have had Kobe be the ridiculous scoring assassin he is...while conserving his energy and utilizing it on defense. We all know Kobe has that other gear, but we don't want him using it now....we want to see it in late May/early June.

Its irresponsible by the FO to not place the right environment around this guy. He's been a Laker for Life and deserves that type of respect. That is why I've been a staunch supporter of Phil, cause you know he would have utilized Kobe the right way....along with the rest of this roster.

In all reality, off a back2back, you don't want or need to play Kobe the entire game against a starting group that had 4 rookies and a banged up LA. Bottomline!

Conserve Kobe's career...we may be able to get him his 7th ring after all. This summer, give him a fighting chance at getting the 6th (17th for the franchise) and then maybe he comes back on a 1 year deal to get that 7th (finally one-upping that "other organization" and finally standing alone as THE winningest franchise)!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 am

We won by 7, and it was a tie game with under 5 mins to go, so as much as I'd like to see Kobe get rest, apparently and sadly we do need him to play the whole game to win. I agree he's playing too much, but I don't think anyone other than Phil would be able to get him to sit right now, he clearly wants to make the playoffs at all costs. I also don't think playing him for a fee entire games is going to shorten his career by years or anything.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby denimPortugal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 am

Mamba, Mamba, Mamba! Speechless! He wants the PO's...he's giving his best! Not human!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
denimPortugal

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 am

Weezy wrote:We won by 7, and it was a tie game with under 5 mins to go, so as much as I'd like to see Kobe get rest, apparently and sadly we do need him to play the whole game to win. I agree he's playing too much, but I don't think anyone other than Phil would be able to get him to sit right now, he clearly wants to make the playoffs at all costs. I also don't think playing him for a fee entire games is going to shorten his career by years or anything.

The way I see it, Kobe is going to retire at the end of this contract. He's probably thinking "shorten what career? this is all I've got left".
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion