Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby 432J on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 am

lkrfn85 wrote:
LooN3y wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:KOBE SERIOUSLY MIGHT BREAK A RECORD HE SET HIMSELF 10 YEARS AGO.

10 YEARS AGO WHEN HE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS PRIME.

AND HE MIGHT BREAK THAT RECORD.

GOOD GOD I LOVE THIS MAN.

yea but we won that year. i hate seeing us lose like this

but i do want kobe to break the captains hold on the all time scoring list, given that we win 2 more which equals to 7 for the black mamba that is

We didn't win it that year. That was the year Shaq "recovered on company time" and missed most of the early season. Lakers struggled, but Kobe scored a ton. We lost to S.A. in 2nd round.

yeah that's what i was going to say. they started 11-19 that season and shaq missed alot of time early on
432J

Postby Greatest of All Time on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:32 pm

So the Lakers are no longer winless this season when Kobe Bryant scores 30 points. That still won't stop BSPN from spewing their rhetoric backed up with misleading stats.

BSPN wrote:Bryant scored 40 points (13-24 FG, 5-9 3Pt, 9-11 FT) to go with four boards, six assists and two blocks in 44 minutes Wednesday in the Lakers' 126-114 loss to the Nuggets.

Spin:
The Lakers are now an astonishing 0-7 this season in games where Bryant has scored 35-plus points, so while it's not a winning formula for his team, Bryant's fantasy owners certainly have nothing to complain about.

:man10:
Greatest of All Time

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Kobe's not young Kobe anymore, he still has the ability and talent but his popularity isn't like the younger superstars in the league so he's not gonna get superstar calls anymore.

I agree with everything but the 'anymore' part. He's never gotten superstar treatment, hardly at all, especially after the rape trial.
BadCoaching

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:53 am

the correlation between kobe scoring 35+ and losing has more to do with the teams overall play most of the time. there are games where him shooting too much cost us a game bc of lack of ball movement. but since nash got back that hasnt been the case. hes scored 35+ and our defense cost us games or our lack of energy and hustle.

we need to play desperate and were not it seams.
Ariza3

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:15 am

i love Kobe Bryant. :bow: I don't think I mention it enough.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Kobe edging LeBron as leading All-Star vote-getter
Kobe Bryant (977,444)
LeBron James (970,314)
Kevin Durant (924,898)
Carmelo Anthony (891,759)

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/27/all- ... ef:nbahpts
KobeBryant
#vamos #juntos #lakercorazon #vino
Uncle Drew

Postby KB24 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 pm

I really want D'Antoni fired for playing Kobe 43-44 minutes per game...

WTF is wrong with LA's coaches? He will have no legs going into 2013...and he won't stop shooting but he will stop hitting them. We are about to have a desaster soon.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby easyguy on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:48 pm

KB24 wrote:I really want D'Antoni fired for playing Kobe 43-44 minutes per game...

WTF is wrong with LA's coaches? He will have no legs going into 2013...and he won't stop shooting but he will stop hitting them. We are about to have a desaster soon.

I think they dont want to be the next coach to be fired during the regular season. That and I dont think they have enough talent to make everyone else around him better, therefore limiting our dependency on Kobe.
easyguy

Postby kenzo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:59 pm

KB24 wrote:I really want D'Antoni fired for playing Kobe 43-44 minutes per game...

Seriously, they probably think Kobe is some sort of a cyborg or something. Human body have it's limits (even Kobe's for God's sake). How can a 17 year veteran, guy with most minutes and "high usage" be a league leader in minutes played???!!?!!?!!?! :freak2: And i thought i saw it all :bang:
kenzo

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:02 pm

We need another wing player.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby KB24 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Doc Brown wrote:We need another wing player.

desperately...

I really feel the pain when Kobe plays this many minutes....its just wrong. With 17 years of NBA basketball in his legs, there is no way he should be getting this heavy load of minutes and offensive responsibility to carry...

thats crazy man. He is playing like 43+ minutes pretty much every game recently. Of course Kobe isn't going to back down from the challenge and if his number is called, he will be there on the floor. Its just that any human being would have already been dead in the water with the mileage that he has. The fact that he is playing out of his mind with so many minutes is already unbelievable.

But how long? at some point either we are in for a flux of injuries or a huge drop in efficiency. You cannot win in the playoffs if you ride him to death now. He is doing legendary stuff right now, no question.

To quote fat*** Barkley from 3 years ago: "the days of Kobe Bryant scoring 30 a night are gone, he isn't gonna do that anymore, thats gone"....

hello Chuck...please check NBA.com/stats.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:52 pm

We could play Jamison at the 3 and MWP at the 4 and have them cross match defensively. That way Kobe won't be playing extra minutes and we still get the scoring from Jamison. Defensively there won't be a difference.

It annoys the piss out of me that we have two coaches this season and last that are clueless about rotations. My only real complaint about MDA so far. Solid rotations win you ball games in the regular season, rested stars with fresh legs bring it home in the playoffs.

Morris doesn't need to play, Jamison should be getting those minutes as well. If you're going to use a short rotation at least include the good players in it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Kobe edging LeBron as leading All-Star vote-getter
Kobe Bryant (977,444)
LeBron James (970,314)
Kevin Durant (924,898)
Carmelo Anthony (891,759)

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/27/all- ... ef:nbahpts

I was extremely surprised at that. The way the media rides lebron so much, and even kd oover kobe to a degree, you'd think kobe would be #3 at the highest. Guess the public feels differently.
King of Clutch

Postby checkers09 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:51 pm

“Then out of no where, the Lakers called. They wanted me to come in and earn a spot. Once I got that call, it was made up in my mind that I’d be a Laker. I knew I was going to go in there and showcase my talent. Which I did. The very first day I was 1 on 1 partners with Kobe. And we were going at it. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] talking…elbows were thrown. To my surprise, after that first practice Kobe went to media and spoke highly of me. Everyday I played well and practiced well. Kobe continued to mentor me along the way. The Laker fans embraced me. I just knew I was in.

Then I got a call from Leon (my agent) saying they were going to let me go. They told me I played great. The numbers on the business side just wouldn’t work. It was one of the worst phone calls I’ve ever gotten, but I was at peace because I knew I played my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off. I brought it every day. My motto is “control what you can control” and I did that. That didn’t matter though. Once it got released that the Lakers let me go, the people thought it was due to my game. People had jokes. People wrote me off. It was embarrassing. However, I took positives away from my month with the Lakers too.

I developed a relationship with Kobe Bryant. He showed me how to be a pro. He showed me real work ethic. Playing against him everyday made me so much of a better player. He understood me. He understood that its a difference in having a bad attitude and being competitive and wanting to win every drill/game. One night after a game and we were in the showers and he told me ‘you have no other choice. You were put here to be basketball player. You have to fight until you’re one of them boys. You’re too talented. I played behind mfers that I was better than up until my third year but I KNEW I would be who I am today then. I work too hard not to break through.’

That stuck with me. So I appreciate the opportunity the Lakers gave me. I looked at that month with the Lakers as an internship under Bean. I gained knowledge that I couldn’t have gotten any other way. That’s what I took from that situation. It’s all about how you respond when times are rough.”

—Chris Douglas-Roberts on his short stint with the Lakers and as he calls it, his “internship under Bean”

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Kobe gets guys under his wing...some guys take offense (Smash, etc. etc.), some like Butler, SB and hopefully CDR,take it to heart and flourish...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby noobiew on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:57 pm

27 points in just three quarters played, not bad huh? :man1:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Finwë on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 pm

"I played behind mfers that I was better than up until my third year but I KNEW I would be who I am today then. I work too hard not to break through."
Just an awesome quote.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Kobe has mentored so many players but doesn't get credit in media
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby GoldHammish on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:02 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Kobe has mentored so many players but doesn't get credit in media

It's cause he's a ball hog and obviously stunts the growth of all his team mates, just ask ESPN after they changed Drew's words.
GoldHammish

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Kobe has mentored so many players but doesn't get credit in media

Of course not. We only hear ball hog, chucks too much, bad team mate from ESPN.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 pm

No more 30? NOOOOOOO lol oh well. WE LOOKED GREAT!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
King of Clutch

Postby JGC on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 pm

I couldnt care less about the streak. Im glad its over actually. Kobe played great tonight. A couple of weird possessions but overall, very very good.

If he will let Nash run this ship, he will be so much better.
JGC

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Glad both of Kobe's streaks are over (mins and points). The points stuff was fun when he was 26-27, now it's just sad when he has to put up that many points and we still lose.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 pm

checkers09 wrote:
“Then out of no where, the Lakers called. They wanted me to come in and earn a spot. Once I got that call, it was made up in my mind that I’d be a Laker. I knew I was going to go in there and showcase my talent. Which I did. The very first day I was 1 on 1 partners with Kobe. And we were going at it. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] talking…elbows were thrown. To my surprise, after that first practice Kobe went to media and spoke highly of me. Everyday I played well and practiced well. Kobe continued to mentor me along the way. The Laker fans embraced me. I just knew I was in.

Then I got a call from Leon (my agent) saying they were going to let me go. They told me I played great. The numbers on the business side just wouldn’t work. It was one of the worst phone calls I’ve ever gotten, but I was at peace because I knew I played my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off. I brought it every day. My motto is “control what you can control” and I did that. That didn’t matter though. Once it got released that the Lakers let me go, the people thought it was due to my game. People had jokes. People wrote me off. It was embarrassing. However, I took positives away from my month with the Lakers too.

I developed a relationship with Kobe Bryant. He showed me how to be a pro. He showed me real work ethic. Playing against him everyday made me so much of a better player. He understood me. He understood that its a difference in having a bad attitude and being competitive and wanting to win every drill/game. One night after a game and we were in the showers and he told me ‘you have no other choice. You were put here to be basketball player. You have to fight until you’re one of them boys. You’re too talented. I played behind mfers that I was better than up until my third year but I KNEW I would be who I am today then. I work too hard not to break through.’

That stuck with me. So I appreciate the opportunity the Lakers gave me. I looked at that month with the Lakers as an internship under Bean. I gained knowledge that I couldn’t have gotten any other way. That’s what I took from that situation. It’s all about how you respond when times are rough.”

—Chris Douglas-Roberts on his short stint with the Lakers and as he calls it, his “internship under Bean”

Do you have a link for this? I want to bookmark it. thx
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby odom1year on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Thanks Portland. You saved Lakers in another way.
odom1year

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion