Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Discussion: Never stop working (544)

Postby revgen on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:18 pm

That's what happens when you slam the ball like you're 24 when you're really 34. :man12:
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Finwë on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Ugh, I couldn't stand seeing him dribbling left handed through the D and trying to score..
He was actually effective, at least before a few desesperation shots in the last few minutes.
Still, especially when injured and against guys like Sefolosha or Westbrook or Durant, he needs to let Nash find him, play off the ball more. Running ISO from the 3pt line is just too predictable and can hurt his game and us.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Basically. Can't fault him for wanting to go all out every night. But even MJ in his last 3-peat turned to a less-contact style, with no explosive dunks anymore.

He could play more conservatively. I feel that he's sensing the end of the Laker season soon.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Finwë wrote:Ugh, I couldn't stand seeing him dribbling left handed through the D and trying to score..
He was actually effective, at least before a few desesperation shots in the last few minutes.
Still, especially when injured and against guys like Sefolosha or Westbrook or Durant, he needs to let Nash find him, play off the ball more. Running ISO from the 3pt line is just too predictable and can hurt his game and us.

I agree with this assessment. Otherwise, he had a great performance.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:35 pm

Eh, he did what he could, but like everyone else he ran out of gas and went cold in the end
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm

And the problem is, we have a game tomorrow that is ABSOLUTELY MUST W....
We will need Kobe now more than ever.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby trodgers on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Nash stepped up in the second half. Earl Clark had a nice first half. MWP hit some big shots (Meeks and Blake, too). But too little overall. D12 sorta disappearing on O. No Jamison.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Kobe: "I got popped in that nerve, which is exactly why I wear that sleeve." Had to adjust his mechanics, couldn't hold his follow through.

Kobe said he's going to keep playing through the elbow injury. At this point in the season, he/LAL have no choice.

Kobe said LAL miss @paugasol esp. in games like this due to how OKC plays D. Gasol is a release against pressure from high post.

Kobe said LAL was able to punish OKC pressure in the home W with Gasol able to shoot/pass from the high post as a release.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 pm

Crap.
Jazzygirl205

Postby XXIV on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:00 pm

When did Kobe suffer this injury? I was at school during the game, but it appears it happened earlier?
XXIV

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 pm

XXIV wrote:When did Kobe suffer this injury? I was at school during the game, but it appears it happened earlier?

It happened at the beginning of the 1st quarter. After it happened he went back to the locker-room to get treatment and returned a few minutes later. He played with pain the entire game after that...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:03 pm

revgen wrote:That's what happens when you slam the ball like you're 24 when you're really 34. :man12:

sorry but that had nothing to do with the injury. :disagree:
kobebryant248

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Kobe is the only player that I have ever heard who could actually change the mechanics of his shot on the fly. The guy is amazing. He will play great tomorrow I have no doubt.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby XXIV on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:08 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
XXIV wrote:When did Kobe suffer this injury? I was at school during the game, but it appears it happened earlier?

It happened at the beginning of the 1st quarter. After it happened he went back to the locker-room to get treatment and returned a few minutes later. He played with pain the entire game after that...

Oh alright, thanks for the explanation.

The injuries have really piled up this season and I don't know for how much longer the Lakers can withstand them. We're already in a tight race to make the playoffs and can't afford any more injuries to our key players.
XXIV

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:22 pm

Kobe is a warrior, he did what he could & I respect him for playing through it.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Tim S. Grover‏@ATTACKATHLETICS

If you gave @kobebryant the option of sitting out with a busted finger or cutting off the finger, he'd say 'No problem, I have 9 more.'

Retweet

Favorite

More

If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 am

2-3 minutes into the game.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:28 am

anyone have video of this injury?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 am

The Rock wrote:anyone have video of this injury?

This isn't a live look at it, but in this replay you can see that he hardly did anything to it, Thabo didn't even hit it. Very painful though. I counted 3-5 times during the game that he was shouting out loud in pain and taking his time getting up, closing his eyes on the bench with his head down.

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:59 am

guy was hitting some tough shots from deep but anytime he attacked probable 90% of the time he didnt get the call he deserved and back on the other end immediately westbrook or kd would.

westbrook did that wrap around layup and-1 on mwp and kobe did the same thing without a call. 4 times kobe drove straight in the lane and went for the layup and was fouled hard on the body and no call. thats 8 FT's...could have gave the lakers a better chance in crunch time.

i do think the ball movement wasnt there until the end when he got nash open and when blake was playing and when mwp hit some shots. but i think kobe should have been looking for dwight more which is hard when they quadruple team him whenever dwight touched the ball.

great game by kobe and should have gone to the line even more if the refs would call it fair.

that 6th foul on dwight was BS! refs gotta know that bc it was his last foul and it was a CLEAN strip while he was backing up to NOT draw a foul.
Ariza3

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:48 am

He was dribbling with his left 90% of the time and any time inside, he finished with his left. He did what he could. Nobody showed up besides Nash in the 2nd half.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:36 am

Does Kobe really think that he can beat a great TEAM like OKC by himself? Those 30 foot 3 point attempts were an utter disgrace and a slap in the face to team basketball. I mean come on.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 am

smh, the team was not moving, howard would set a screen and stand there. everyone else was watching him.

kobe was forced into those shots.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:49 am

lakerfan2 wrote:smh, the team was not moving, howard would set a screen and stand there. everyone else was watching him.

kobe was forced into those shots.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Ummm, maybe because the team is once again CONDITIONED to watch Kobe work on iso because they know he won't pass it even if they are open? It's called a morale killer. And Kobe executes it to perfection at times. Sure, he did not ball hog the entire game and made some timely passes for the outside shot but man, did he do his "forget the team" crap on other occassions. I just hate seeing him forget the team like that. It just makes us so much easier to defend.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 am

I think i saw a stat line yesterday where in our wins, Kobe is averaging 22 ppg while in our losses, he's averaging like 30 ppg. Or it could've been during our 13-5 run he's averaging only 22 ppg. Correct me if i'm wrong if someone knows.

But it's obvious that too much Kobe is not good for this team. The Kobe that takes what the defense gives him and makes the correct decision to either pass or shoot is the one that makes this team the more dangerous. The Kobe that imposes his will and decides to take the tough, contested shot without even making an attempt to get a better shot hurts this team.
Lets Go Lakers

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion