Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion (dropped 16 lbs - pg 312)

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^^ Henry Abbott doesn't approve of that stat.

He's probably sitting at his desk formulating a rebuttal as we speak.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:02 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:^^^^ Henry Abbott doesn't approve of that stat.

He's probably sitting at his desk formulating a rebuttal as we speak.

I can see him going.....

Looking at that stat and extending it to 5.243853535 seconds you will see that Kobe's clutch shooting percentage drops by 29%, when there are 1000 people standing in the stands, 6 players on the Lakers still in warmups and the temp. in the arena is 82 degrees.

Therefore Kobe is not as clutch as that stat seems to show.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:Image

The photographer should be shot for the cropping on that picture. Dude...."rule of thirds"....find the most interesting part of the photograph and put it in the right place.... :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LakerLegacy24 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:07 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
LakerLegacy24 wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:So I've been checking Operation Sports for some updates on NBA 2K13, and I came across a thread featuring a video made by someone comparing Kobe and MJ using NBA 2K12 footage. And man, I've never seen so many people totally clueless about the game of basketball. I'm gonna assume that most of them are kids who have been brainwashed into putting MJ on a pedastal that no other player in history could climb to.

Exactly. So many people will never ever give up MJ's title and they just hate Kobe so much because they know he is so close to Mike. What also bugs the crap out of me is when young people try to argue MJ over Kobe and i'm like you've never even seen Mike play except on Space Jam or when he was a wizard so they have no arguement. lol

I wasn't even arguing that Kobe is better, I was simply stating that the two can be compared! That's all I was trying to say and they acted like I attacked their religions.

Gotcha, people get very very defensive haha...on another note, Vanessa is looking So Fine :man4:
"Kobe Bryant, we are not worthy of your greatness." -Rick Kamla
LakerLegacy24

Postby checkers09 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 am

Jr Swag with Papa Jellybean :-)
My sis sent me this pic.. Thought you might get a kick out of it.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby intuitivelOve on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:18 pm

^ LOL Kobe is adorable!
intuitivelOve

Postby Finwë on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:41 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

Ugh why are red pants a fashionable men's look?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:18 am

http://dimemag.com/2012/09/where-does-kobe-bryant-rank-among-the-best-players-of-all-time/
Cool little write-up on Kobe. They don't actually rank him, but they describe him and his career pretty well, leaving viewers the chance to rank him.. I posted it because of the description, I think it's pretty accurate.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:31 am

lakerswiz wrote:They just called him the player of the century...that's a rank to me.

#1.

Yeah but that would be player of the 21st century.. Here they are talking about an all-time rank.
Finwë

Postby last stand on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 pm

kobe dressed like a 15 year old :man10:
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Finwë on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:55 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Eh. All-time? He never played against Kareem, Isiah Thomas, Larry Bird, etc. Hard to judge that.

Player of the Century is good enough for me. He's at the top of the list for the players that he was up against. I can't ask for more than that.

With that said, I am okay with Kobe being #1 since 2000. And I'm okay with Jordan being #1 during the 1990's. And so on for each decade and each #1 guy from the era.

Comparing them and coming away with a clear cut choice? Unlikely and IMO impossible.

Agreed. While it's fun to do the list thing and debate, I've always known we are never getting anywhere; there's a line between what's objectively meassurable and what's not, and that's when the debate ends.
I, like you, like the "players he was up against" idea much more.
Finwë

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Kobe will appear on Ellen September 28th
Basketball Fan

Postby MadMax on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Basketball Fan wrote:Kobe will appear on Ellen September 28th

Never watched Ellen, but I want to see any show which Kobe appears.
MadMax

Postby intuitivelOve on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks for the info!!! So excited about this!!! :bow:
intuitivelOve

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:06 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:

Fingers crossed Vanessa is on there with him. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby gcclaker on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
intuitivelOve wrote:

Fingers crossed Vanessa is on there with him. :jam2:

I think the last Laker on her show was Odom who had Khloe with him...so I would think Vanessa would be there too.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby MadMax on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:30 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
MadMax wrote:

Never watched Ellen, but I want to see any show which Kobe appears.

Ellen is actually kind of amazing.

She's been in Hollywood with continued success since the 90's, so she must be doing something right.
MadMax

Postby checkers09 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:35 pm

1. KOBE BRYANT

No one went through more transformations in one career. No one logged more SportsCenter time, been the instigator of more Internet forum threads or managed to fight and beat Father Time more often. No one dealt with as much drama away from the floor – self-inflicted or not – as Kobe Bryant. He is a survivor, and you can make the case his 16-year career is more impressive than winning six championships or grabbing five NBA MVP awards.

When Kobe and Shaquille O’Neal put aside their petty differences and won championships, we Bryant figured was an uber-sidekick who was literally unafraid of the moment. When the Laker dynasty went up in smoke, and people accused Kobe of forcing O’Neal out, we figured he was a callous gunner who wanted to win, but only under his own terms. He wanted to be the hero, but not quite as much as he didn’t want anyone else to be the hero. When the Lakers swindled Pau Gasol from Memphis, and started winning rings again, we figured Kobe was the best player in the world, a calculating basketball assassin who knew exactly how to take out his enemies. Now that Bryant’s legs are beginning to fail him, and younger cats are pulling on his cape, some think we have Kobe figured out again: as a relic of a lost era, the final link between the modern age of basketball and the forgotten glory days of the ‘80s and ‘90s. We figure he’s a hardened warrior getting up from the canvas for one more round, one more bout with destiny. But if we learned anything about Kobe Bryant over the past 16 years, it’s that we should never count him out.

Bryant is moving into a new chapter in his career. Only the staunchest and most ridiculous Stans will still include him in the discussion for the best player in the league. The Mamba can be that at times, perhaps for a quarter or even a night. But over the course of an entire series, an entire playoff run, he can’t do it any longer. The stats don’t lie. The Lakers have bowed out meekly in the Western Conference Semifinals in two straight seasons. In 2011, Bryant had the worst playoff run of his career, averaging a quiet 22.8 points against a rag-tag group of defenders (DeShawn Stevenson, a calcifying Shawn Marion, Marco Belinelli and old buddy, Trevor Ariza) that he would’ve turned into four-course meals just a few years before.

Then this past spring, Oklahoma City suffocated the Lakers, and Bryant shot under 40 percent in the series’ first three games.

Yet none of that should take away from what he’s done. There are 29,484 reasons why he’s still far and away the most popular player overseas. Remember the 2008 Olympics in Beijing? One night, the Redeem Team all went to support the women’s National Team, filing into their seats before the game even began. Kobe? He came in after play began, and caused an uproar that would make President Obama proud. Overlooking that only Kobe would milk a moment like that, it was telling. LeBron didn’t get that love. Neither did Carmelo Anthony or Dwight Howard. In this summer’s 2012 Olympics, after the U.S.A. criminally assaulted Tunisia in a 110-63 massacre, an opposing player jogged over to Bryant after the game, handed over his sneaker and asked for an autograph.

Worldwide love like that comes easy when you have five NBA championships, 14 All-Star Games, 10 All-NBA First Teams and 9 All-Defensive First Teams. Kobe might not be Mike, but he’s pretty damn good.

List:

Top 10 since 2000
1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Shaq
4. Lebron
5. Nowitzki
6. Garnett
7. Wade
8. Nash
9. Iverson
10. Pierce

http://dimemag.com/2012/09/10-best-nba- ... e-2000/10/

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby Jayz23 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:43 pm

In 2011, Bryant had the worst playoff run of his career, averaging a quiet 22.8 points against a rag-tag group of defenders (DeShawn Stevenson, a calcifying Shawn Marion, Marco Belinelli and old buddy, Trevor Ariza) that he would’ve turned into four-course meals just a few years before.

While playing injured on a knee/ankle that was nowhere near 100%...

Then this past spring, Oklahoma City suffocated the Lakers, and Bryant shot under 40 percent in the series’ first three games.
[/quote]
And he averaged 38/7/6/2/55% TS in the last three games...38/7/6//56% TS in game 3, 36/7/6/2/54% TS in game 4, 42/5/2/59% TS in game 5....SMH.
Jayz23

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Jacks3 returns.... :man1:
Doc Brown

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:18 pm

It's like sawing off a leg to give Kobe full credit and compliments gotta shade him some way somewhere.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Jacks3 returns.... :man1:

I was trying to remember his name. :man10:
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby The Rock on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:It's like sawing off a leg to give Kobe full credit and compliments gotta shade him some way somewhere.

I just dont think hes gonna get due credit if he wins next couple of years. If he wins oh he had Dwight and Nash, if he doesn't he couldn't win with 3 other Hall of Famers lol ridiculous

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby TIME on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:29 am

Good call. Do you have some kind of advanced hyper developed troll radar? :man3:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:53 am

TIME wrote:

Good call. Do you have some kind of advanced hyper developed troll radar? :man3:

:man10: :man10:

It's the posting style. People that are banned stick out like a sore thumb when they come back with a different name because they have the same posting style.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion