Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Appreciation Thread.

Postby KBsQtestFan on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Last edited by KBsQtestFan on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KBsQtestFan

Postby Blahdeh Deebatz on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Best closer in the game. Kobe's been playing awesome recently.
Blahdeh Deebatz

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Bump, because of 2 triple doubles in 3 games, and 4 games in a row of 10+ assists. That's one thing I've always said of Kobe, he can do it all. If it were his role to be a PG and to put up great assists numbers like he is, he would, simple as that. That's why don't really care when people marvel over LeBron's numbers, because I honestly know Kobe could do it too if he wanted.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:47 pm

we are all witnesses
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:26 am

It's also the anniversary of 81. Kobe :bow:
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby earvinfr on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:05 am

With Andrew recent performence nobody talk about how good Kobe is playing right now. He nearly get us the bobcats game, and he would have without LO dumb play. Last night, again with an injured hand he shot the ball pretty well to score a silent 30.

This guy plays with injured fingers on his shooting hand and still manage to have one of his best shooting percentage.

It's not because he's having normal Kobe's stats, that we can forget how great he's playing.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 am

Without him we are nothing..end thread/
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:38 am

Kobe needs his own appreciation thread? I thought it was a given.

Well then : I appreciate you Kobe.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby vaitimeri on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:54 pm

KOBE is the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball, easily MVP this year.....
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:17 pm

vaitimeri wrote:KOBE is the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball, easily MVP this year.....

Easily? I don't think so.

A favorite? definitely. But right now, as of this day, Lebron would win it and he would deserve it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KGB on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:59 am

therealdeal wrote:
vaitimeri wrote:KOBE is the greatest player to ever play the game of basketball, easily MVP this year.....

A favorite? definitely. But right now, as of this day, Lebron would win it and he would deserve it.
Fail.
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
KGB

Postby Philliekb8 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:03 am

right now it's about even to me, maybe slight edge lebron
BUT if kobe manages to get us wins against celtics and cavs without drew, then he has to be in front!
LETS GO LAKERS
Kobe 4 MVP
Philliekb8

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:04 pm

KGB wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Fail.

Improper use of the term 'fail'. Having a different opinion than yours does not equal a fail, and in this case therealdeal is right, every time you watch tv LeBron is referred to as the MVP, if the vote went down right now he'd win.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:11 pm

^ Yeah KGB you know me. I love Kobe, I love the Lakers but right now all the momentum is going Lebron's way for the MVP. I think if the Lakers can pull ahead of the top 4 teams at the end of the season, Kobe has a legit chance but right now what argument is there against Lebron? His team has a great record, he's making his team better, and he's still putting up great numbers. I know the same goes for Kobe, but the fact that he's got one, and it took forever to get his in the first place, a lot of people aren't going to want to give him another one without a truly compelling reason.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:17 pm

When Steve Nash wins it two years in a row, and the media plays such a critical role in deciding it, you know that as an accolade, the MVP award loses a fair amount of its cred.

It's nice that Kobe won it last year....but I think it was a bone they had to throw him, and even then they decided to make up unnecessary drama about it.

Kobe's past it, the team winning it all has nothing to do with it, and as such, we should as fans move on as well. This season isn't about the MVP, or any individual honor, it's about the team and championship.
kray28

Postby KGB on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:25 pm

Weezy wrote:Improper use of the term 'fail'. Having a different opinion than yours does not equal a fail, and in this case therealdeal is right, every time you watch tv LeBron is referred to as the MVP, if the vote went down right now he'd win.

It's a fail to me because I disagreed. And TV stations calling Lebron the MVP automatically means he deserves it and is going to get it? Right. Well I'll continue to care about what I think is true instead of what the media thinks.
KGB

Postby d.James on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:26 pm

His Most Valuable Player Award was two years overdue. He is perhaps the most complete offensive player in the league today. He is arguably the best player in the league right now and is the transcendant figure of his generation. He is a stronger, bigger version of Michael Jeffery Jordan and personally more fun to watch.

I go out of my way to watch Lakers games because of their attack on offense. I often spend the entire game marveling at Kobe Bryant. He is smart, talented, skilled, and simply a joy to watch. I am not his biggest fan and this board is full of people who were in his corner long before I was, but however late arriving I may be, I am a fan now. Players can learn from his game. I just wish he were younger so we could keep him this healthy. talented, smart, skilled, and a joy to watch for another 15 years.

He and the Lakers are a part of the reason I enjoyed the 2007-08 NBA season more than any other of my time watching the league. The passing, the running, the defense--it was all so much fun to watch and it continues to be now.
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:44 pm

KGB wrote:It's a fail to me because I disagreed. And TV stations calling Lebron the MVP automatically means he deserves it and is going to get it? Right. Well I'll continue to care about what I think is true instead of what the media thinks.

I'm sorry but a fail is not when you disagree, it's when somebody says something really out there that makes no sense or is in no way correct, that's a fail. And because the media is already referring to LeBron as the MVP in the present tense it means he's gonna get it? Um, yes, THEY VOTE for the MVP. And do I think he deserves it? Not more than Kobe, but if he wins it I'm not going to complain, if he wins it he did deserve it, it's not like with Nash's second one where I disagreed big time, if LeBron wins you can't say he DIDN'T deserve it, even if you feel Kobe deserves it more.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:00 pm

d.James wrote:His Most Valuable Player Award was two years overdue. He is perhaps the most complete offensive player in the league today. He is arguably the best player in the league right now and is the transcendant figure of his generation. He is a stronger, bigger version of Michael Jeffery Jordan and personally more fun to watch.

I go out of my way to watch Lakers games because of their attack on offense. I often spend the entire game marveling at Kobe Bryant. He is smart, talented, skilled, and simply a joy to watch. I am not his biggest fan and this board is full of people who were in his corner long before I was, but however late arriving I may be, I am a fan now. Players can learn from his game. I just wish he were younger so we could keep him this healthy. talented, smart, skilled, and a joy to watch for another 15 years.

He and the Lakers are a part of the reason I enjoyed the 2007-08 NBA season more than any other of my time watching the league. The passing, the running, the defense--it was all so much fun to watch and it continues to be now.

Glad to see it isn't only Laker fans who can appreciate a great player.
kray28

Postby KGB on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Weezy wrote:I'm sorry but a fail is not when you disagree, it's when somebody says something really out there that makes no sense or is in no way correct, that's a fail. And because the media is already referring to LeBron as the MVP in the present tense it means he's gonna get it? Um, yes, THEY VOTE for the MVP. And do I think he deserves it? Not more than Kobe, but if he wins it I'm not going to complain, if he wins it he did deserve it, it's not like with Nash's second one where I disagreed big time, if LeBron wins you can't say he DIDN'T deserve it, even if you feel Kobe deserves it more.
I'm talking about you trying to justify the fact that lebron should get it just because the media thinks so. Just cause somebody says something (a bunch of idiots I might add) doesn't make it right.

if LeBron wins you can't say he DIDN'T deserve it, even if you feel Kobe deserves it more.
And that right there is the problem. How in the world can you not be upset that lebron gets it over kobe if he doesn't deserve it (assuming you actually care about the award). You are basing what a "fail" is and lebron deserving the award, all on YOUR OPINIONS. What if people thought nash really did deserve it more than kobe? We can't use our opinions to say how everyone should feel. Besides, assuming we all think kobe should get it, that means that lebron doesn't deserve it AT ALL. Why should he deserve it if someone above him clearly deserve it more?

Look, I care about kobe getting it because not only is he my guy, but I can say with a straight face that he flat out deserves it because he truly is the most valuable player in the NBA. I'm gonna get pissed if someone else gets it, even though I hear all this talk about the main goal is the championship, MVP doesn't matter, yada yada. Well just cause I care about it doesn't mean I think it's more important than a championship. And I will get upset if an injustice to me happens just because a bunch of lebron horney idiots can't recognize greatness.
KGB

Postby KGB on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:40 pm

BTW, nice post d.james. It really is nice to see someone appreciating greatness with no bias (even though I could never be a fan of another great player no on the lakers).
KGB

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Weezy wrote:
KGB wrote:It's a fail to me because I disagreed. And TV stations calling Lebron the MVP automatically means he deserves it and is going to get it? Right. Well I'll continue to care about what I think is true instead of what the media thinks.

I'm sorry but a fail is not when you disagree, it's when somebody says something really out there that makes no sense or is in no way correct, that's a fail. And because the media is already referring to LeBron as the MVP in the present tense it means he's gonna get it? Um, yes, THEY VOTE for the MVP. And do I think he deserves it? Not more than Kobe, but if he wins it I'm not going to complain, if he wins it he did deserve it, it's not like with Nash's second one where I disagreed big time, if LeBron wins you can't say he DIDN'T deserve it, even if you feel Kobe deserves it more.

Exactly. KGB I appreciate how die hard you are, I really do. But if Lebron wins, he deserves it every bit as much as Kobe. It's a toss right now, and I think it'll come down to a couple things : Head to head match ups between the two, and the team records at the end of the year. Kobe proved that stats aren't all that get it, so it has to fall to the record I think. Kobe got it last year because the Lakers were top in the competitive West, and he lead them. This year to win it, Kobe will have to lead the Lakers to top of the league I think. Then he'll get it, but either way, If it's Lebron or Kobe both of them deserve it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:26 pm

KGB, your posts give me a headache man, there is no arguing with you. Where did I say LeBron should get it cause the media says so? I said he WILL get it because the media says so and they're the ones that freaking vote for the thing. If you get pissed every single year that Kobe doesn't win the MVP then you're a homer I'm sorry you just are. Kobe will not win it every year, and he will not deserve it every year, it just doesn't work that way. When Nash won it with his team of all-stars when Kobe was clearly more valuable to his team I was pissed, but if Kobe loses to LeBron I'm not gonna be pissed, that's just how it goes. If LeBron takes this team of role players to one of the top 3 records in the NBA I have no grounds to complain if he wins, that's the criteria, best player on one of the best teams. Kobe will be in the argument and might come second place and I believe he will deserve it as well, but I'm not gonna go around screaming "INJUSTICE" if LeBron wins.

Also, that's the last I'm gonna say on this, this is the Kobe Bryant Appreciation Thread, not the Kobe vs LeBron for MVP thread.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KGB on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Weezy wrote:KGB, your posts give me a headache man, there is no arguing with you. Where did I say LeBron should get it cause the media says so? I said he WILL get it because the media says so and they're the ones that freaking vote for the thing. If you get pissed every single year that Kobe doesn't win the MVP then you're a homer I'm sorry you just are. Kobe will not win it every year, and he will not deserve it every year, it just doesn't work that way. When Nash won it with his team of all-stars when Kobe was clearly more valuable to his team I was pissed, but if Kobe loses to LeBron I'm not gonna be pissed, that's just how it goes. If LeBron takes this team of role players to one of the top 3 records in the NBA I have no grounds to complain if he wins, that's the criteria, best player on one of the best teams. Kobe will be in the argument and might come second place and I believe he will deserve it as well, but I'm not gonna go around screaming "INJUSTICE" if LeBron wins.

Also, that's the last I'm gonna say on this, this is the Kobe Bryant Appreciation Thread, not the Kobe vs LeBron for MVP thread.
I'm getting very frustrated because you do not know what I'm saying at all. I'm trying to get across 2 principles, 1. that just cause the media says something, doesn't mean it should happen. I can see that you don't think that and I understood what you said. So were all good there.

Number 2, I'm saying that just because YOU think that it's close between kobe and lebron and it's YOUR opinion that nash definitely did not deserve it DOES NOT MEAN that people shouldn't be upset if Lebron gets it over kobe, assuming that kobe really is the MVP for the sake of argument. The situation would not differ just because you and many people think that kobe deserved it more or less over someone. If he deserves it, nobody else does PERIOD and that's what I'm trying to say. Maybe you don't care that lebron will get it because you just don't give a damn about the award, but for all the people who do care about it, it would be an injustice to us if someone undeservedly got it. Understand that I'm not even arguing who deserves it more or weather kobe>lebron or Lebron>kobe, I'm arguing about something that annoys the hell out of me, when people just buy into the fact that "that's the way it works" and don't care about what's really right.

Even if we are arguing who deserves it, lebron is not taking "a team of role players" to the finals. He would be taking a great defensive TEAM to the finals. I think that's giving him way too much credit. But besides that, I'm not arguing about who deserves it, I'm arguing about a hypothetical and a principle.

And if you are taking this personally, then you need to relax a little bit. I don't have anything against you, and while it may seem I'm acting condescending or arrogant, I'm just passionate and representing what I feel. I'm arguing my point without calling you anything. I'm not attacking you, I'm just debating. Isn't that what a forum is for? You said this is a kobe appreciation thread and I was just using this thread to talk about kobe and the MVP since I don't feel like making another thread about it. With that, and you calling me a homer, I don't think your doing your job very well which is moderating I believe.
KGB

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:07 pm

^ KGB... seriously man. Your passion is refreshing but you gotta relax on this one. All Weezy and I were saying was that Lebron at this point deserves it just as much as Kobe. If either of them wins they deserve it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion