Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Basketball Fan on Sat May 04, 2013 10:45 am

KOBE BRYANT
Feud With Mom
Is Over MONEY
EXCLUSIVE
We now know why Kobe Bryant is at war with his mother ... at least from his perspective, and it has to do with money.

As we previously reported ... Kobe and mama Pamela Bryant are locked in a battle over memorabilia ... his old jerseys, varsity letters from high school, championship rings, trophies and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Pamela has taken all the stuff to an auction house, claiming he gave it all to her, and she got a $450,000 advance which she says she's using to buy a house in Nevada. Kobe contacted the auction house and said they had no right to sell any of the items because they belong to him.

Sources connected with the Bryant family tell TMZ ... the dispute between mother and son erupted over real estate. We're told Kobe offered to buy his parents a "nice house" in Vegas for significantly less than a million bucks, but they wanted something bigger and more extravagant and Kobe drew a line in the sand and refused to up the ante.

Our sources say Pamela was infuriated and believed Kobe was shortchanging them, especially compared to what he does for Vanessa's mom, Sofia Laine. Kobe put Sofia up in a $3.2 million house in Newport Beach, CA, which sold recently. After the sale, Kobe moved Sofia to another multi-million dollar mansion nearby.

From Kobe's perspective, our sources say he's really upset because he believes he's stepped up for years, by giving his parents millions of dollars and buying them homes and cars.

This feud has been brewing for years ... dating back to when Kobe's parents went ballistic when he married Vanessa without a prenup.


Kobe tweeted on Saturday morning, saying, "When u give Give GIVE and they take Take TAKE at wat point do u draw a line in the sand? #hurtbeyondmeasure #gavemenowarning #love?"



Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/04/kobe-brya ... nts-anchor#ixzz2SLMWzQva
Basketball Fan

 
Posts: 11422
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:45 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Rooscooter on Sat May 04, 2013 10:47 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote: you just have some serious disorder that causes you to perceive anything I write as either that or an unfair criticism.


So.... I'm an idiot.... and now I'm sick.... :man10: Keep it coming...

Shall we search your post history to see your "fair" criticisms of Kobe and other top players?

Don't start something you can't finish. Your entire existence on this board has been to dump on Kobe. Your game-day thread posts are something that belong in a Celtic's forum not this one.

This is just another in a long line of borderline tolling that you do and then play the victim when I or anyone else calls you on it.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22788
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby pound4pound1 on Sat May 04, 2013 10:48 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:That's not a backhanded compliment at all, you just have some serious disorder that causes you to perceive anything I write as either that or an unfair criticism.

06 and 08 are the only two seasons you can make a strong case for Kobe imo, so to say the award is tainted because he has just 1 is kind of dramatic.

They get it right most of the time. Since 2000 I would say the only years they got it wrong were 01, 06, and 11.



it is tainted tho..Snaq should have been MVP thru out his entire prime
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6333
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Rooscooter on Sat May 04, 2013 10:52 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:That's not a backhanded compliment at all, you just have some serious disorder that causes you to perceive anything I write as either that or an unfair criticism.

06 and 08 are the only two seasons you can make a strong case for Kobe imo, so to say the award is tainted because he has just 1 is kind of dramatic.

They get it right most of the time. Since 2000 I would say the only years they got it wrong were 01, 06, and 11.



it is tainted tho..Snaq should have been MVP thru out his entire prime


Between 96 and 2003 there was no more valuable player in the league. Between 03 and 2010 it was Kobe. The GM survey during that time frame agrees.... and since they evaluate talent and worth I'd side with them over a bunch of reporters that subside off the leagues popularity and need favorable access to further their careers.

If Colorado hadn't happened I don't think Steve Nash would ever win a MVP. It was politically incorrect to give it to Kobe at that time.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22788
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat May 04, 2013 11:27 am

Rooscooter wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote: you just have some serious disorder that causes you to perceive anything I write as either that or an unfair criticism.


So.... I'm an idiot.... and now I'm sick.... :man10: Keep it coming...

Shall we search your post history to see your "fair" criticisms of Kobe and other top players?

Don't start something you can't finish. Your entire existence on this board has been to dump on Kobe. Your game-day thread posts are something that belong in a Celtic's forum not this one.

This is just another in a long line of borderline tolling that you do and then play the victim when I or anyone else calls you on it.


Ok cool whatever if that's the way you see it

it is tainted tho..Snaq should have been MVP thru out his entire prime


Nah, it's tainted if guys that clearly don't deserve it are winning it over guys that do consistently. Shaq has an argument for 98' in the 90s and he got robbed in 01 by Iverson. Other seasons he missed too many games or simply mailed it in.

Between 96 and 2003 there was no more valuable player in the league. Between 03 and 2010 it was Kobe. The GM survey during that time frame agrees.... and since they evaluate talent and worth I'd side with them over a bunch of reporters that subside off the leagues popularity and need favorable access to further their careers.

If Colorado hadn't happened I don't think Steve Nash would ever win a MVP. It was politically incorrect to give it to Kobe at that time.


So you literally think no one was more valuable than Kobe from 03-10. Wow

If you think I'm a Kobe hater you must be the exact opposite which is no better

And you do realize those "GM surveys" are trash right? The GMs don't even fill them out themselves, they just hand them off to some assistant or whatever. And considering how terrible some GMs are their opinions aren't exactly the standard of excellence.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Rooscooter on Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:And you do realize those "GM surveys" are trash right? The GMs don't even fill them out themselves, they just hand them off to some assistant or whatever. And considering how terrible some GMs are their opinions aren't exactly the standard of excellence.


Are you the mouse in their pocket?.... such in depth knowledge of the 30 GM's in the league.

You're right.... lets let Michael Wilbon, Bill Simmons and Skip Bayless tell us who's valuable and who isn't.... they know the game soooo much better than GM's....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22788
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Strange to see Kobe tweeting publicly about such seemingly private matters

@kobebryant: When u give Give GIVE and they take Take TAKE at wat point do u draw a line in the sand? #hurtbeyondmeasure #gavemenowarning #love?
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat May 04, 2013 2:31 pm

just a bad bad recent string of events for the mamba
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby OX1947 on Sat May 04, 2013 3:06 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Kobe should have won the 06 MVP but that's it, I don't believe he deserved more than 2 for his career.


Kobe should have had the MVP in 2006 and 2009. 3 MVPs.
OX1947

 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:48 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat May 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Lol 09, yeah the year LeBron had arguably the greatest regular season of all time
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby TIME on Sat May 04, 2013 3:55 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:you just have some serious disorder that causes you to perceive anything I write as either that or an unfair criticism.



Check your PMs.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9467
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat May 04, 2013 4:26 pm

JMSS- Making up different standards again? If Lebron deserves 30 MVP's because he is the best player on the best team yada yada yada then Kobe deserved the same MVP's especially in our Championship years. So by the Lebron standards Kobe should have been MVP from 05 til 09 maybe 10? That's 4 or 5 right there.... Oh yea, no back in those days it was "the player most valuable to a team that the team could not be in the same place without."

By the way, I agree with the other guys your comment was nothing more than another backhanded compliment in my opinion too.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat May 04, 2013 4:32 pm

OK since everyone here is clamoring for what does LT think? ( :man10: ), two quick observations:

2. If indeed Kobe agreed to buy them another home in Nevada, it would not take a ton of money to come up with a REALLY fine, BIG home. To the point that she still wanted more money raised from sale of his personal memorabilia..... how big of a freaking home do 2 people need.... additionally.....if they are keeping one or more of their other homes? What is the female equivalent of (bleep) swinging with regard to how much he spent on Vanessa's mom's house in an extremely pricey neighborhood along with the sudden tattoos he got after the Colorado incident, vs what he was willing to spend for her (Kobe's mom) in an extremely depressed real estate state.....Nevada?

2. Probably a little bit too going on of mom and dad tired of keeping Son's "crap" (though very granted we're talking Kobe Bryant memorabilia here, not "crap") in their limited space living conditions when he lives in a mansion with probably 10 times the space that he could keep all the "crap" instead.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6333
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat May 04, 2013 4:46 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Lol 09, yeah the year LeBron had arguably the greatest regular season of all time


His teammate Dwayne Wade had a historic season no MVP for him either.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat May 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Well to be honest people have said Kobe is not as likeable as LeBron, Wade and others. I agree LeBron is the best player and ahead of the pack, but so was Kobe for a little over a decade but somehow that's pretty much it. Also Kobe is the anti-Jordan no one wants his career to mirror MJ's even though people can't stand MJ anymore.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat May 04, 2013 5:07 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:JMSS- Making up different standards again? If Lebron deserves 30 MVP's because he is the best player on the best team yada yada yada then Kobe deserved the same MVP's especially in our Championship years. So by the Lebron standards Kobe should have been MVP from 05 til 09 maybe 10? That's 4 or 5 right there.... Oh yea, no back in those days it was "the player most valuable to a team that the team could not be in the same place without."

By the way, I agree with the other guys your comment was nothing more than another backhanded compliment in my opinion too.


LeBron deserves the MVP because he's by far the best player in the league and there isn't anyone else who can come even close to replicating his value. He does more for his team than anyone else. Is that clear enough? No one is changing any standards.

In 05 the Lakers were a trash team and Kobe was injured
In 06 the Lakers were pretty decent despite very little talent - Good argument for MVP
in 07 the Lakers were bad and finished the season 4-19. No chance for MVP
in 09 LeBron led a much less talented team to more wins and individually had one of the best seasons ever. Kobe had zero argument there
in 10 LeBron basically did the same thing as in 09 and Kobe played a lot worse

So again Kobe doesn't have a strong argument for any seasons except 06 and 08
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 5:47 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:JMSS- Making up different standards again? If Lebron deserves 30 MVP's because he is the best player on the best team yada yada yada then Kobe deserved the same MVP's especially in our Championship years. So by the Lebron standards Kobe should have been MVP from 05 til 09 maybe 10? That's 4 or 5 right there.... Oh yea, no back in those days it was "the player most valuable to a team that the team could not be in the same place without."

By the way, I agree with the other guys your comment was nothing more than another backhanded compliment in my opinion too.


LeBron deserves the MVP because he's by far the best player in the league and there isn't anyone else who can come even close to replicating his value. He does more for his team than anyone else. Is that clear enough? No one is changing any standards.

In 05 the Lakers were a trash team and Kobe was injured
In 06 the Lakers were pretty decent despite very little talent - Good argument for MVP
in 07 the Lakers were bad and finished the season 4-19. No chance for MVP
in 09 LeBron led a much less talented team to more wins and individually had one of the best seasons ever. Kobe had zero argument there
in 10 LeBron basically did the same thing as in 09 and Kobe played a lot worse

So again Kobe doesn't have a strong argument for any seasons except 06 and 08


Don't REALLY want to get in on this, but your '09 argument, you can't not mention that LeBron got a better record with a "much less talented team" (so you say) in the EAST. East was beyond weak, it was Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, and KG was injured to end the season so that pretty much took Boston out instantly. I'm just saying, you can't act like getting more wins in the East was more special than the West, it wasn't. Even making the playoffs in the West was hard, in the East you could have a freaking losing record and get in. LeBron had a great season, not saying he didn't, but I still have to factor in his team beating up on a bunch of weak East teams while the Lakers battled way tougher teams out West.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat May 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Weezy wrote:Strange to see Kobe tweeting publicly about such seemingly private matters

@kobebryant: When u give Give GIVE and they take Take TAKE at wat point do u draw a line in the sand? #hurtbeyondmeasure #gavemenowarning #love?


This was quite a ball scratcher when I saw this tweet, but now that I see the TMZ story it makes sense now.
Image
User avatar
D.B. Cooper

 
Posts: 6853
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: C.L

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Rooscooter on Sat May 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Weezy wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:JMSS- Making up different standards again? If Lebron deserves 30 MVP's because he is the best player on the best team yada yada yada then Kobe deserved the same MVP's especially in our Championship years. So by the Lebron standards Kobe should have been MVP from 05 til 09 maybe 10? That's 4 or 5 right there.... Oh yea, no back in those days it was "the player most valuable to a team that the team could not be in the same place without."

By the way, I agree with the other guys your comment was nothing more than another backhanded compliment in my opinion too.


LeBron deserves the MVP because he's by far the best player in the league and there isn't anyone else who can come even close to replicating his value. He does more for his team than anyone else. Is that clear enough? No one is changing any standards.

In 05 the Lakers were a trash team and Kobe was injured
In 06 the Lakers were pretty decent despite very little talent - Good argument for MVP
in 07 the Lakers were bad and finished the season 4-19. No chance for MVP
in 09 LeBron led a much less talented team to more wins and individually had one of the best seasons ever. Kobe had zero argument there
in 10 LeBron basically did the same thing as in 09 and Kobe played a lot worse

So again Kobe doesn't have a strong argument for any seasons except 06 and 08


Don't REALLY want to get in on this, but your '09 argument, you can't not mention that LeBron got a better record with a "much less talented team" (so you say) in the EAST. East was beyond weak, it was Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, and KG was injured to end the season so that pretty much took Boston out instantly. I'm just saying, you can't act like getting more wins in the East was more special than the West, it wasn't. Even making the playoffs in the West was hard, in the East you could have a freaking losing record and get in. LeBron had a great season, not saying he didn't, but I still have to factor in his team beating up on a bunch of weak East teams while the Lakers battled way tougher teams out West.



No..no.... No..... Leave reality and reason out of this. Critical thinkers need not apply. This is about how much Kobe sucks and how great LeBron is.... It's unbridled emotion...... In the middle of a Laker forum I might add...
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22788
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat May 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:JMSS- Making up different standards again? If Lebron deserves 30 MVP's because he is the best player on the best team yada yada yada then Kobe deserved the same MVP's especially in our Championship years. So by the Lebron standards Kobe should have been MVP from 05 til 09 maybe 10? That's 4 or 5 right there.... Oh yea, no back in those days it was "the player most valuable to a team that the team could not be in the same place without."

By the way, I agree with the other guys your comment was nothing more than another backhanded compliment in my opinion too.


LeBron deserves the MVP because he's by far the best player in the league and there isn't anyone else who can come even close to replicating his value. He does more for his team than anyone else. Is that clear enough? No one is changing any standards.

In 05 the Lakers were a trash team and Kobe was injured
In 06 the Lakers were pretty decent despite very little talent - Good argument for MVP
in 07 the Lakers were bad and finished the season 4-19. No chance for MVP
in 09 LeBron led a much less talented team to more wins and individually had one of the best seasons ever. Kobe had zero argument there
in 10 LeBron basically did the same thing as in 09 and Kobe played a lot worse

So again Kobe doesn't have a strong argument for any seasons except 06 and 08


Don't REALLY want to get in on this, but your '09 argument, you can't not mention that LeBron got a better record with a "much less talented team" (so you say) in the EAST. East was beyond weak, it was Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando, and KG was injured to end the season so that pretty much took Boston out instantly. I'm just saying, you can't act like getting more wins in the East was more special than the West, it wasn't. Even making the playoffs in the West was hard, in the East you could have a freaking losing record and get in. LeBron had a great season, not saying he didn't, but I still have to factor in his team beating up on a bunch of weak East teams while the Lakers battled way tougher teams out West.



No..no.... No..... Leave reality and reason out of this. Critical thinkers need not apply. This is about how much Kobe sucks and how great LeBron is.... It's unbridled emotion...... In the middle of a Laker forum I might add...


The Cavs went 26-4 (86.6%) against the West and 40-12 against the East (76.9%) that season. Their average margin of victory for the season was 8.93 points and when you factor in the "easier schedule" it still comes out to 8.68 which was tops in the league.

The MVP award is given out for the regular season so it doesn't matter that they failed in the post-season. The Cavs+LeBron were flat out dominant in the regular season and there wasn't an argument in the world to not give him the MVP.

Enough reason for you?
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Personally it's enough reason for me, I had no idea they were that good against the west. Dang, they should be embarrassed of their record vs the east by comparison though lol. But no, not really, I understand that playing teams 3 and 4 times gives them more of a chance to figure you out.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby slimjim on Sat May 04, 2013 8:15 pm

This Kobe conspiracy MVP talk is such a regular topic on CL. From my point of view Kobe was never robbed in any year.

Let's go through this... year by year...

04/05 season - 34 wins... no playoffs
not enough wins to even be considered

05/06 season - 45 wins... 7th seed in west
not enough wins to even be considered

06/07 season - 42 wins... 7th seed in west
not enough wins to even be considered

07/08 season - 57 wins... 1st seed in west for the lakers
Kobe wins MVP. (storybook/fairytary season... the Lakers rise back into elite status)


08/09 season - 65 wins... 1st seed in west for the lakers
Lebron wins MVP: 2 things working against Kobe this season...
1)LBJ's team had a league best 66 wins
2)LBJ's team improved from 45 wins. This was the cavaliers fairytale season.

09/10 season - 57 wins... 1st seed in west for the Lakers
Lebron wins 2nd MVP: Weak MVP year all around. No surprises this season, the teams that should be leading the conference did. No storybook/fairytale season for any team. (When I say storybook/fairytale... what I mean is things such as... the rise of PHX into elite, Nash getting 2nd seed despite losing it's leading scorer, rise of Cleveland into elite, rise of lakers back into elite) Now this point is important... when nothing notable happens, MVP tends to go to the best team record in the NBA... which is why I think LBJ won this season.

Storybook/fairytale seasons ALWAYS trump all other arguments... Voters love to give it to the new kid on the block.

10/11 season - 57 wins... 1st seed in the west for the Lakers
Derrick Rose wins his first MVP: This was the bulls fairytale season. Easy decision!
Chicago improves from 41 wins to 62 wins (NBA best BTW!) and Derrick Rose ascends to NBA PG elite as an individual.

11/12 season - 41 wins... 3rd in the west for the Lakers
Team Record wise, this was not Kobe's year.
Lebron James wins his 3rd MVP: This is the only MVP decision I disagree with(LBJ's team finished 2nd in the east record wise to Rose's bulls). I think it should have gone to Durant who finished 2nd in MVP votes and 2nd in the west.


12/13 season - 45 wins... 7th in the west for the Lakers
Lebron wins his 4th MVP: 6 wins more than any other team, west or east. KILLED the western conference teams record wise. Simple argument... good enough to win.

You can definitely make a point of denver/mephis/clippers making HUGE improvements and having fairytale seasons... but honestly... there is no clear cut leader/individual on any of these teams to warrant MVP attention. (only person you can argue is CP3 on the clippers but his team finished with 10 wins less than LBJ's team. Memphis/denver was the definition of team effort/success)
User avatar
slimjim

 
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat May 04, 2013 9:26 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:JMSS- Making up different standards again? If Lebron deserves 30 MVP's because he is the best player on the best team yada yada yada then Kobe deserved the same MVP's especially in our Championship years. So by the Lebron standards Kobe should have been MVP from 05 til 09 maybe 10? That's 4 or 5 right there.... Oh yea, no back in those days it was "the player most valuable to a team that the team could not be in the same place without."

By the way, I agree with the other guys your comment was nothing more than another backhanded compliment in my opinion too.


LeBron deserves the MVP because he's by far the best player in the league and there isn't anyone else who can come even close to replicating his value. He does more for his team than anyone else. Is that clear enough? No one is changing any standards.

In 05 the Lakers were a trash team and Kobe was injured
In 06 the Lakers were pretty decent despite very little talent - Good argument for MVP
in 07 the Lakers were bad and finished the season 4-19. No chance for MVP
in 09 LeBron led a much less talented team to more wins and individually had one of the best seasons ever. Kobe had zero argument there
in 10 LeBron basically did the same thing as in 09 and Kobe played a lot worse

So again Kobe doesn't have a strong argument for any seasons except 06 and 08


How can you say LeBron led a much less talented team and then turn around and discredit Kobe that lead a team that was even more dysfunctional and sorry in 05-06? A lot of these MVP arguments are a contradiction.

Not only is it a contradiction because the same people on this forum are discrediting Derrick Rose of doing the same thing LeBron did when he won the MVP saying he didn't the deserve it when his team had the number 1 record in the NBA and won their division with a high win season.

I'm probably gonna catch it but some people are way too far up LeBron like everyone else.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 9:36 pm

^^^ To be fair he did say 06 is one of the only seasons Kobe has a real argument.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat May 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:JMSS- Making up different standards again? If Lebron deserves 30 MVP's because he is the best player on the best team yada yada yada then Kobe deserved the same MVP's especially in our Championship years. So by the Lebron standards Kobe should have been MVP from 05 til 09 maybe 10? That's 4 or 5 right there.... Oh yea, no back in those days it was "the player most valuable to a team that the team could not be in the same place without."

By the way, I agree with the other guys your comment was nothing more than another backhanded compliment in my opinion too.


LeBron deserves the MVP because he's by far the best player in the league and there isn't anyone else who can come even close to replicating his value. He does more for his team than anyone else. Is that clear enough? No one is changing any standards.

In 05 the Lakers were a trash team and Kobe was injured
In 06 the Lakers were pretty decent despite very little talent - Good argument for MVP
in 07 the Lakers were bad and finished the season 4-19. No chance for MVP
in 09 LeBron led a much less talented team to more wins and individually had one of the best seasons ever. Kobe had zero argument there
in 10 LeBron basically did the same thing as in 09 and Kobe played a lot worse

So again Kobe doesn't have a strong argument for any seasons except 06 and 08


How can you say LeBron led a much less talented team and then turn around and discredit Kobe that lead a team that was even more dysfunctional and sorry in 05-06? A lot of these MVP arguments are a contradiction.

Not only is it a contradiction because the same people on this forum are discrediting Derrick Rose of doing the same thing LeBron did when he won the MVP saying he didn't the deserve it when his team had the number 1 record in the NBA and won their division with a high win season.

I'm probably gonna catch it but some people are way too far up LeBron like everyone else.


What contradiction? I never discredited 06 Kobe, in fact I said it twice in one post that he was a strong MVP candidate that season.

As for Derrick Rose he was one of the worst MVP winners in recent history. He didn't do what LeBron did, Rose wasn't even a top 5 player in the league that year and won the MVP simply because no one expected the Bulls to be that good. HE was a classic case of best player on the best team winning the award, LeBron has always won the award when he was THE best player in the league while being on the best team or close to it which is how the MVP should be.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Kobe8Fan and 19 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.