Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby wallangong on Fri May 17, 2013 12:49 am

^ i have an unreasonable fear of sharks. so THAT to me is EPIC.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby borri on Fri May 17, 2013 12:37 pm

wallangong wrote:^ i have an unreasonable fear of sharks. so THAT to me is EPIC.

I don't think there's such a thing as an unreasonable fear of sharks.
borri

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 17, 2013 12:58 pm

borri wrote:
wallangong wrote:^ i have an unreasonable fear of sharks. so THAT to me is EPIC.

I don't think there's such a thing as an unreasonable fear of sharks.

I agree.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Fri May 17, 2013 12:59 pm

You guys are just a bunch of chickens, sharks aren't even that scary.....

:man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 pm

^Still wouldn't go hanging with them.. that only makes swimming with them worse cause now you'd be eaten by Handi-Shark. lol
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 pm

checkers09 wrote:heidiburgett Heidi Burgett
Classic @kobebryant story, shared by Nike designer Eric Avar pic.twitter.com/TqD80MTRpd

WTF Kobe?!? you tryin to get bit and amnestied???
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby JGC on Fri May 17, 2013 2:18 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:My problem is that even if Kobe said, "here mom these are for you" that doesn't mean you go and sell them because the kid is famous. I'd think differently if they were struggling to make ends meet and ran out of options but this is for another....yes, ANOTHER, house. That is just plain greed and it is sad.

Well, if Kobe did just give it to his Mom, I guess she could just do whatever she wanted, it's her right to keep them in a box, hang them up in her house, or give them to a fan or donate it to charity.

BUT, in a normal family, you would think, if the son said "Oh, those were for you to keep, not to sell" a reasonable/normal parent would say "Oh, sorry, I didn't think you'd care..." (or something along those lines), not "on March 15th, 2012 you stated the following..."

I'm trying to think, what would my Mom (who, I consider a normal Mom) do, if she was thinking about selling some of my stuff. I know that she would a) ask me first if it's ok even if I already told her she could have it (for gift type items) or b) immediately respect my objection. I can't ever imagine my Mom saying something like well, on so and so date you stated I could have them thus I am the rightful legal guardian, blah blah blah.

I don't care what anyone says, this one is all on the Mom, IMO.
JGC

Postby Finwë on Fri May 17, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm TERRIFIED of sharks :man10:
That's crazy
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 17, 2013 3:24 pm

JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:My problem is that even if Kobe said, "here mom these are for you" that doesn't mean you go and sell them because the kid is famous. I'd think differently if they were struggling to make ends meet and ran out of options but this is for another....yes, ANOTHER, house. That is just plain greed and it is sad.

Well, if Kobe did just give it to his Mom, I guess she could just do whatever she wanted, it's her right to keep them in a box, hang them up in her house, or give them to a fan or donate it to charity.

BUT, in a normal family, you would think, if the son said "Oh, those were for you to keep, not to sell" a reasonable/normal parent would say "Oh, sorry, I didn't think you'd care..." (or something along those lines), not "on March 15th, 2012 you stated the following..."

I'm trying to think, what would my Mom (who, I consider a normal Mom) do, if she was thinking about selling some of my stuff. I know that she would a) ask me first if it's ok even if I already told her she could have it (for gift type items) or b) immediately respect my objection. I can't ever imagine my Mom saying something like well, on so and so date you stated I could have them thus I am the rightful legal guardian, blah blah blah.

and your point is what? Kobe is wrong again?
puffyusaf#2

Postby JGC on Fri May 17, 2013 3:44 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JGC wrote:

and your point is what? Kobe is wrong again?

Clearly, you didn't read the post. Go back and read it again, all the way through. (Especially the last sentence but read the whole thing and let me know if you still come to same conclusion).
JGC

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Kobe Bryant
54 minutes ago
You won’t want to miss the Sports Spectacular Livestream Sunday #mambavideo #surprise #announcement
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sat May 18, 2013 7:56 pm

He's announcing his retirement.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby scheven on Sat May 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Kobe Bryant
54 minutes ago
You won’t want to miss the Sports Spectacular Livestream Sunday #mambavideo #surprise #announcement

It's probably for some non-profit thing. I mean he's using their platform to stream his announcement :man11:
scheven

Postby karacha on Sat May 18, 2013 8:14 pm

He is going to take his talent somewhere else?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun May 19, 2013 4:33 am

my guess is that it would have something to do with jerry buss since theyre doing a special tribute to him
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun May 19, 2013 7:29 am

He will be taking his talents to.........the Pacific Rim.

#Pray4BearNShark #DifferentAnimalSameFeast

Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 1m
Really?? Me. Retire?? Soon, but not yet
Vino still has work to do #35 #OG
#kbvff
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby XXIV on Sun May 19, 2013 10:24 pm

^ Why the #35 hashtag?
XXIV

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun May 19, 2013 11:01 pm

I assume its the age he'll be when he returns.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun May 19, 2013 11:14 pm

XXIV wrote:^ Why the #35 hashtag?
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 am

XXIV wrote:^ Why the #35 hashtag?

cause kevin durant is coming to the lakers
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Doc Brown on Mon May 20, 2013 9:06 am

Kobe has more work to do

Several times Kobe Bryant has said he plans to play a few more seasons in the NBA and Sunday night he reiterated that opinion.

"Really?? Me. Retire?? Soon, but not yet Vino still has work to do #35 #OG #kbvff," Bryant tweeted.

Bryant will make $30.45 million next season and he plans to return from his torn Achilles before the end of 2013. Bryant is expected to sign another 2-3 year contract and then retire when that expires.

This will be interesting. Dirk is supposedly going to take a massive pay cut so that the Mavs can build a roster to try and win one before he retires.

I wonder if Kobe will do the same?
Last edited by Doc Brown on Mon May 20, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon May 20, 2013 9:09 am

I'm not sold on that. He's also said that this contract could very well be his last.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon May 20, 2013 9:14 am

therealdeal wrote:I'm not sold on that. He's also said that this contract could very well be his last.

I was listening to Colin Likes To Hear Himself Talk Today, and SAS was on there talking about Kobe. He said he expects him back this year and that he will sign a short contract after this year.

Take it for what it's worth.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion