Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Discussion: Running on fumes

Postby borri on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:46 pm

If anything, this year makes it crystal clear....for D12 to succeed offensively, he'll need ORL 2.0.
borri

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:24 pm

^ but isnt that how the rest of the league works now you need the 3 ball to work in todays game unless you're a super intense defensive team which Memphis has potential of being

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby karacha on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Yes, you need a star who can play D if possible and you need some shooters too. Starting shooters should be able to run, and vets off the bench should either defend or shoot the 3.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 3h
"Connected With…Kobe Bryant” will premiere Wednesday at 10:30pm on @TWCSportsNet. He had some interesting things to say.

Kobe on retiring: "I could play another five years. That's not to say I will."

Kobe on his relationship with Dwight Howard: "It's like a relationship with your brother. I am trying to bring the best out of him."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Please play another 5 years, alright at least 2-3. You can't leave yet Kobe. :man6:

He's the last old school NBA player that represents everything that was once great about the NBA.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby OX1947 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Kobe aint retiring next year guys. The guy is dropping Lebron stats this year. Lakers have to clean up somethings on the team and next year, if kobe stays and dwight stay, they have enough money to get a max player after them. That is of course if Kobe takes 15 mil per instead of 30 mil.
OX1947

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:35 pm

OX1947 wrote:Kobe aint retiring next year guys. The guy is dropping Lebron stats this year. Lakers have to clean up somethings on the team and next year, if kobe stays and dwight stay, they have enough money to get a max player after them. That is of course if Kobe takes 15 mil per instead of 30 mil.

You're forgetting the 9+ for Nash.

15+ 9 + 21 = 45 million.

They have almost no money left after that for free agents. Maybe 7-8 million.

Kobe would have to take significantly less than that for him to remain and for the team to sign some real pieces.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:
OX1947 wrote:Kobe aint retiring next year guys. The guy is dropping Lebron stats this year. Lakers have to clean up somethings on the team and next year, if kobe stays and dwight stay, they have enough money to get a max player after them. That is of course if Kobe takes 15 mil per instead of 30 mil.

15+ 9 + 21 = 45 million.

Kobe would have to take significantly less than that for him to remain and for the team to sign some real pieces.

Structure the contract where the max player gets 11-12 mil in the first year, then when Nash contract is up, it goes up.
OX1947

Postby borri on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 pm

The Rock wrote:^ but isnt that how the rest of the league works now you need the 3 ball to work in todays game unless you're a super intense defensive team which Memphis has potential of being

D12 needs space to be effective. Can he figure it out, how to score inside with less space? Sure, I guess so. What worries me most is he has zero touch with his right hand.

When I said ORL 2.0-----> shooters at the 1-4 + D12. Not many teams are constructed this way. Because not many 4's can play 15 ft from the basket, want to be there and is effective there.
borri

Postby odom1year on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:02 am

D12 is not healthy this year, but he is still leading in rebounding. By saying how bad he is in offense, he was averaging 20 ppg in last 5 years. Which big man did that recently ? Shaq, Duncan or KG ??? If Bynum is healthy this year, it will look like we have made a dumbest trade in Lakers history.

Face the fact and look at how inconsistent Kobe is this few years, it's time to make CHANGE. This is NOT 25 years old Kobe any more. Next year Kobe will be 35, if he still is 1st option, he will go with ISO hero ball again at every 4th quarter. And this is proved as a failure in last 2-3 years. In harsh words, Lebron destroys him badly, Durant and Paul outplays him obviously. We need a new offensive format for this Lakers. Like Kobe as the 2nd option with 20, 5, 5 and D12 with 25, 13, 3 etc. And for sure, MDA, Nash, Pau and even MWP must to leave after this season.

I really respect Kareem Jabbar. Without his dedication as 2nd option, Magic and Lakers won't be that success in 80's. He was the HERO.
odom1year

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 am

OX1947 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

15+ 9 + 21 = 45 million.

Structure the contract where the max player gets 11-12 mil in the first year, then when Nash contract is up, it goes up.

Then that's not a max contract. A max contract is when a player gets all of the money available to them. If you're back loading the contract, it's not the most money they can get.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:28 am

Doc Brown wrote:Please play another 5 years, alright at least 2-3. You can't leave yet Kobe. :man6:

He's the last old school NBA player that represents everything that was once great about the NBA.

Dude, you're out of touch. Kobe only wants to win his way and cannot be counted on to consistently make the "right" basketball play. Sooner gone the better. Get young new blood in here. Pass the torch!
LTLakerFan

Postby OX1947 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Please play another 5 years, alright at least 2-3. You can't leave yet Kobe. :man6:

Dude, you're out of touch. Kobe only wants to win his way and cannot be counted on to consistently make the "right" basketball play. Sooner gone the better. Get young new blood in here. Pass the torch!

I guess 5 titles, 7 nba finals, the most all NBA teams on offense and defense, 15 straight all star games, MVPs in all three categories, 2 gold medals, best player of his generation and a one team player doesnt buy you what it use to.
OX1947

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am

odom1year I will not put you on ignore. This place is better to have at least some of us :man10: :man10: at your agenda with your posts. And your equally laughable inability to keep from saying the same things in those posts over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Regardless of how many here that are much smarter than me or you for sure......with x's and o's and Lakers knowledge tell you where your observations and logic are seriously flawed.
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 am

odom1year wrote:D12 is not healthy this year, but he is still leading in rebounding. By saying how bad he is in offense, he was averaging 20 ppg in last 5 years. Which big man did that recently ? Shaq, Duncan or KG ??? If Bynum is healthy this year, it will look like we have made a dumbest trade in Lakers history.

Face the fact and look at how inconsistent Kobe is this few years, it's time to make CHANGE. This is NOT 25 years old Kobe any more. Next year Kobe will be 35, if he still is 1st option, he will go with ISO hero ball again at every 4th quarter. And this is proved as a failure in last 2-3 years. In harsh words, Lebron destroys him badly, Durant and Paul outplays him obviously. We need a new offensive format for this Lakers. Like Kobe as the 2nd option with 20, 5, 5 and D12 with 25, 13, 3 etc. And for sure, MDA, Nash, Pau and even MWP must to leave after this season.

I really respect Kareem Jabbar. Without his dedication as 2nd option, Magic and Lakers won't be that success in 80's. He was the HERO.

So you say D12 is averaging 20ppg over the last 5 years. Then say Kobe is inconsistent when he averages 27 ppgs? :man3:
Hero ball is when Kobe gets the ball in his sweet spots and he takes the shot. Hero ball for D12 is when he gets the ball in his sweet spot and takes the shot...but that isn't a bad thing? :man3:

Harsh words..hmmm.. Lebron Destroys him badly? So the SG vs the PF where the SG consistently takes the PF to the block and works the hell out of him equals the SG getting destroyed? Oh my bad, you were looking at the game stats and just put numbers up against numbers. WHo cares if the finish with fairly similar numbers. More importantly you yourself have applauded Lebron for being the best to ever play so how could you expect washed up Kobe at 34 to be able to compete. I guess Hero ball with Dwight is a better option.

KD Destroys him? Not to mention that KD is gaurded by MWP and EC instead of Kobe but hey who cares when you look at box scores the numbers are all that matter.

Now you are comparing Kap (who by the way hated the idea of being second fiddle) to Kobe? LOL... You are good man.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 pm

ESPN redid their ESPN player rankings. They move Kobe up from 6 to 4.

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Kobe

I don't agree with CP3 above Kobe. I don't mind Lebron and Durant, but CP3 shouldn't be up there that high.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Doc Brown wrote:ESPN redid their ESPN player rankings. They move Kobe up from 6 to 4.

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Kobe

I don't agree with CP3 above Kobe. I don't mind Lebron and Durant, but CP3 shouldn't be up there that high.

They have Melo NINTH.
LeBron-Durant-CP3-Kobe-Westbrook-Wade-Parker-Harden-Anthony-Duncan

WTF. Melo is playing like a top 5 player, and there's no way Westbrook and Wade are top 6.
I agree that CP3's play hasn't been all that amazing this season to earn him a top 3 spot, but I get people thinking Kobe doesn't deserve it either, his D has been mediocre all season and the team is currently out of the playoffs.
To me Melo has been better than Paul this season. Parker may have been too, but he's been injured frequently.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby odom1year on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Doc Brown wrote:ESPN redid their ESPN player rankings. They move Kobe up from 6 to 4.

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Kobe

Paul is similar to the case of Nash's MVP seasons. He outperformed Kobe and his team won pacific division title this year. Have to give him credits.
odom1year

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 pm

odom1year wrote:

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Kobe

Paul is similar to the case of Nash's MVP seasons. He outperformed Kobe and his team won pacific division title this year. Have to give him credits.

Put me on your ignore list.
Doc Brown

Postby odom1year on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
odom1year wrote:D12 is not healthy this year, but he is still leading in rebounding. By saying how bad he is in offense, he was averaging 20 ppg in last 5 years. Which big man did that recently ? Shaq, Duncan or KG ??? If Bynum is healthy this year, it will look like we have made a dumbest trade in Lakers history.

So you say D12 is averaging 20ppg over the last 5 years. Then say Kobe is inconsistent when he averages 27 ppgs? :man3:
Hero ball is when Kobe gets the ball in his sweet spots and he takes the shot. Hero ball for D12 is when he gets the ball in his sweet spot and takes the shot...but that isn't a bad thing? :man3:

Harsh words..hmmm.. Lebron Destroys him badly? So the SG vs the PF where the SG consistently takes the PF to the block and works the hell out of him equals the SG getting destroyed? Oh my bad, you were looking at the game stats and just put numbers up against numbers. WHo cares if the finish with fairly similar numbers. More importantly you yourself have applauded Lebron for being the best to ever play so how could you expect washed up Kobe at 34 to be able to compete. I guess Hero ball with Dwight is a better option.

KD Destroys him? Not to mention that KD is gaurded by MWP and EC instead of Kobe but hey who cares when you look at box scores the numbers are all that matter.

Now you are comparing Kap (who by the way hated the idea of being second fiddle) to Kobe? LOL... You are good man.

Kobe's inconsistent performance is so obvious this year. Sometimes shooting at hell, like 10 shots in a row in 4th quarter. The bad thing is EVERYONE knows it, but Kobe still goes for it while D12 getting zero touch. And sometimes assisting like Magic Johnson, as we know, it won't last for long and is just a pretending show. The bad thing is Nash is getting embarrassed and becomes useless, especially in the defensive end.

No saying they are one-on-one. They did outplayed and outperformed Kobe during their matchups. Especially in leadership and teamwork. As unstoppable like Lebron and Durant this year, they are not going to do it all, but sharing the ball and the work. Did you hear anybody saying not getting the ball enough with them ? NO ! The reason is they are leading their teams in the right way. We need a player that can dominate and share the work in balance.

Kobe still can contribute a lot to this team. But he has to be our 2nd option and be ready in some clutch moments that we need him. We need 30 mins high efficient game from Kobe.
odom1year

Postby odom1year on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
odom1year wrote:

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Kobe

Put me on your ignore list.

CP3 will get more MVP votes than Kobe for sure. ESPN player ranking is not based on one on one.
odom1year

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:03 pm

vintage kobe
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Forward Three on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Vintage Kobe bailout.
Forward Three

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

30/6/6/5 on 50% shooting.....

Took over both offensively and shut down Gordon in the 4th......

People in GD still b***** about what he's not doing. :freak2:
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:04 pm

despite our troubled season, the level on which he's playing given his age/mileage is nothing short of amazing

he really amped up the defense late too which was nice to see
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion