Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Discussion: Went Through Full Practice (593)

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:53 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 50m
Ankle was a lil sore from practice yesterday but should be good to go tonight #mambaface
Retweeted by Mike Trudell

Just glad he'll be there! Get healthy though, Kobe. Warrior. :bow:
Lakerjones

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:54 am

Good. He'll be hurting, but we need to get our guys on the floor and get gelling here. We don't have time for hang ups. It's time to just put the hard hat on and suck it all up. Heal up on the sidelines, 100% effort in the games.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:55 am

We went 2-1 without Kobe (including Indy) and he got a weeks worth of rest. Honestly things didn't work out too badly.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:03 pm

:man1:
Chillbongo

Postby TheOp on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 pm

I wouldnt be opposed to him sitting out tonights game either. He'll have until Monday to get even more rest on his ankle. Im sure hes good enough to play, but Id rather have him 100 %. Were getting Pau back anyways tonight.

But still, finally gonna be nice to see the big 4 in play.
TheOp

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:05 pm

I think it's a possibility depending on Kobe and how he feels to limit his minutes tonight; around 32-33. I wouldn't take any chances. If you can do that, he won't have to play until Monday against GS.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:I think it's a possibility depending on Kobe and how he feels to limit his minutes tonight; around 32-33. I wouldn't take any chances. If you can do that, he won't have to play until Monday against GS.

^^ Great points. Hopefully Kobe and D' Antoni are listening. Also hopefully we can knock Wash out early and not have to play him the fourth. But it's going to be a little rusty I think out there for a while. We shall see. We need a win tonight as well as against GS. We can't afford to lose the ones at home.
Lakerjones

Re: Kobe Discussion: ankle feeling much stronger (591)

Postby Savory Griddles on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:09 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:
Not trying to troll, but Lebron is better at this moment than Kobe was at any point in Kobe's career. I'm 34, so I have seen Kobe's entire career as an adult. Kobe is top 6-7 all time, but if LBJ has another 4-5 years at this lvl, he may go down as the GOAT. His efficiency and versatility are amazing. His weaknesses from a couple years ago have now become strengths. He is clutch and ruthless. He is the best defensive player every year outside of Dwight if he's healthy. Is Kobe more "talented?" Maybe, from a pure scorer standpoint.

The Lakers are my team and Kobe has brought me great joy, but Lebron is ridiculous.

Savory-

I know you are knowledgeable from your posting so I respect your opinion, however, I disagree pretty much completely with it on this.

I believe Lebron's greatness is inflated by the media and people's short memory. How come it seems like he has been amazing, clutch and ice cold his whole career now through the media? Now it seems like Lebron has never failed in his career and he has carried a bunch of scrubs all these years. What Kobe has done with his teams and over his career has been deminished at every turn. Kobe goes on a crazy run all the reports are going to hint at what he didn't do. Lebron on the other hand goes on a crazy run and all the reports are about how amazing he is and how great the run was. I know we over hate ESPN but the truth is they have grown LBJ's status above approach so much so that everyone around him gets deminished. A few games ago LBJ put up 40 in a game and the headline read something like, "Lebron drops 40 to carry Heat to victory." Nothing wrong with that headline except that Wade dropped like 36 in the same game. I think many people have begun to believe all the reports from ESPN too much. Kobe has been there, done that and has the rings to prove it.

I agree. The media has done a ton to enhance LBJ's image. And I said that he made his weaknesses (clutch, killer instincts) his strengths. That has only happened in the last two seasons. Prior to the last two years, the attention given to him was undeserved. But in the last two seasons, he has really come into his own. I think is he is worthy of the praise he is getting.

And maybe the media is covering his past weaknesses, but in my post, all I said was at this moment, he is playing better than Kobe ever has in his career. Kobe's best basketball was in the 2001 playoffs. He was insane through the Western Conference before Shaq took over against Philly. And I said "IF" Lebron plays at this lvl for another 4-5 years, he may be considered the GOAT. He is no longer a stat stuffer. He is a champion that is averaging 26.5/8/7 on 55% shooting…and they are leading to wins, 24 and counting. He's still young at 28. If he rips off two more titles in a row here and adds a couple more in his 30's?

Two years ago, we don't have this conversation. Now,its becoming real. I still think Kobe is higher on the All-time greats list, right now. But LBJ playing a few more years like this and adding 3-4 more rings puts him past Kobe. Just my opinion.
Savory Griddles

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 40m

Talked to @kobebryant on the way in (check @TWCSportsNet pregame show to watch). Told me his ankle is "much better." He'll start.

Lakers Los Angeles Lakers 48m
Kobe getting shots up at STAPLES. He's a go for tonight. #GoLakers

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Is it because of leg position, or he's right leg is a lot thinner? :man3:
KobeBryant
#vamos #juntos #lakercorazon #vino
Uncle Drew

Postby Kerppo on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Kerppo

Postby nickvanexel on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Is it because of leg position, or he's right leg is a lot thinner? :man3:

lightning
nickvanexel

Re: Kobe Discussion: ankle feeling much stronger (591)

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:25 pm

No one cares about someone thinking LeBron will be GOAT or better than Kobe if he wins A B OR C, well at least I don't. I don't care if people put him before Jesus, or for the non-religious folks the Universe, all I'm saying is that people don't have to bash and diminish Kobe like yesterday's trash. When have we seen fans disregard older legendary players in praise of younger one's?

Never seen anyone say "So and so is way better than Magic, all Magic did was assist that's about it", or "All Larry did was this, so and so is way better than him" and I darn sure didn't see anyone say Kobe could be GOAT and better than MJ because all MJ did was A, B AND C, well unless that guy's name is LeBron. Also LeBron is not the only player ever to shoot a certain percentage, his teammates Dwayne and Bosh are shooting around the same percentage should we bow down too? It's just how people over the years alienated Kobe's argument at the top for the same things we're praising LBJ for that annoys me. Before LeBron came into the NBA it was Kobe vs. everyone else but you dare even consider saying he was close to MJ or God forbid better than people would rip you a new one. That is what annoyed me, other than that people can debate LeBron is GOAT to the cows come home, I just despise sports hypocrites.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Barnstable on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Oh well.... if Kobe misses a shot like that, you can't do anything but shake your head.

He's got to miss the easy ones sometimes.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Can't really focus on that last shot, we should've never been in that position in the first place.

Also, can't believe we STILL go with Kobe ISO as the only effing play in the last couple of minutes. Not only do we have Nash and Howard know, but Kobe isn't even healthy. WTF.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Finwë wrote:Can't really focus on that last shot, we should've never been in that position in the first place.

Also, can't believe we STILL go with Kobe ISO as the only effing play in the last couple of minutes. Not only do we have Nash and Howard know, but Kobe isn't even healthy. WTF.

I always feel like we're going to the well too often with that. Change it up a little! Run something else every couple/few plays.
Lakerjones

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 pm

I love me some Kobe but I don't think he and Pau should have played tonight, it was like wasted minutes because loss in a embarrassing fashion.
Jazzygirl205

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Finwë wrote:Can't really focus on that last shot, we should've never been in that position in the first place.

I always feel like we're going to the well too often with that. Change it up a little! Run something else every couple/few plays.

both qft. it was like 1 on 5 out there for 4 or 5 straight possessions.

but also truth, we never should've ended up in that position in the first place.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

We tried a little Kobe/Dwight pick and roll with like a minute to go, but it was a lazy attempt, Dwight didn't really draw the D, Kobe didn't find enough space to drive, and resorted to yet another ISO. He got a good look, but his J was way short on that one.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm

I don't care if he had 21 and 11 assists this is the most disappointed I've been with him all season, I put this on him for not making the right plays when it became a game again. He left Ariza open for 3's like 50 times, he kept turning the ball over, he missed every shot he took after the 2:00 mark of the 4th other than that too little too late 3. And instead of moving the ball around all we ran down the stretch were terrible Kobe ISOs, dribbling around wasting clock and taking badly missed shots. And on top of all that he missed free throws that ultimately cost us the game. I can't get over those plays under 2:00 though, we weren't up trying to play prevent, we needed to run real plays and try and score, but all we did was give the ball to Kobe, let him dance around with it and take shots with under 5 on the shot clock. What kind of strategy is that? I honestly don't think Kobe should have played tonight if his ankle was going to make him not be able to guard Ariza and give up that many points, because that's the only excuse I can come up with for that, if it wasn't the ankle it was stupidity.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Try guarding your man every once in awhile. It's like a safety jumping a slant route and whiffing and the receiver taking it to the house every time.

He looks like a fool running around and not even getting close to getting steals. Just guard your man.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 pm

i feel like at first he was forcing the ball movement and making some stupid passes which = turnover. tried to get pau going at first. missed the 3rd quarter but the end of the forth was just kobe iso and i thought that involving nash and dwight more should have been done. that shot over nene was easy pickings for him but he missed it and then of course he makes that 3 but we all knew it was a little late for that.

i will say the refs missed ALOT of offensive fouls against nene and the 5 seconds call was SO easy to call but the didnt. even on the reply the ref near the inbounder was counting with his fingers and actually put up 5 way before the guy signaled timeout. stupid no call there.

ugh terrible game and kobe may have had 21/11 but turnovers and his lack of d on ariza was stupid. like NO D what so ever.

i hate what the lakers give career games...its what they do and they did it for wall and ariza and kobe def didnt help
Ariza3

Postby Cleansed on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:26 pm

I trust Kobe to come through more often than not in the crunch but Dantoni has to come up with some crunch time diversity in his plays. Too much pounding of the rock at certain points.

Still ...you live by the sword..you die by the sword. Lets hope the ankle heals fully soon.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Legendary on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 pm

No way to sugar-coat Kobe's bad defensive effort tonight....

I personally feel that he's not fully recovered from the ankle injury, but still.....just unacceptable. And if he's not fully recovered, then don't f**** play.
Legendary

Postby dmaul on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 pm

^ Actually I don't trust Kobe to come through more often than not anymore. Especially, if he's going to play like this in the playoffs. Poor defense, turnovers, and hero ball to try to make up for it not going to get it done. The dude's in his 17th year and they use him way too much, or rather he puts it on himself to do way too much. He needs to use his teammates more but at this point it's kind of a foregone conclusion. Don't think he's going to change.
dmaul

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion