Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Discussion: Keeping it really real... (597)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 am

Oh so that write up was for the DJ's and ole Zach just dropped Kobe's name in it to get hits?
:man12:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 am

Yeah, way to go Grantland. The article did a s***** job of calling out Kobes, to be honest. It was more about how we're a revolving door as a team.

Dammmit now I'm going to think of the a** clowns at Grantland when I'm trying to get my new music fix :bang:
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 pm

as if that missed FT at the end wasn't sad enough, he adds insult to injury by just standing there and watching his follow through as if the game was stopped or over or something...pretty dam lucky the ref didn't call a foul at the end. Otherwise nice offense same meh D
Last edited by khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 pm

khmrP wrote:as if that missed FT at the end wasn't sad enough, he adds insult to injury by just standing their and watching his follow through as if the game was stopped or over or something...pretty dam lucky the ref didn't call a foul at the end. Otherwise nice offense same meh D

I think Minny had a timeout to burn he thought he thought they were gonna call timeout

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 pm

35 points away from passing Wilt for 4th on the All time scoring list ! He might do it tomorrow...Milwaukee's guards/forwards are Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings, JJ Redick, Mike Dunleavy, Marquis Daniels & Luc Richard Mbah Moute

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Kobe is gonna catch Wilt, just 35 points he can get that in his sleep hands tied and feet.
Jazzygirl205

Postby SK8 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Three awesome dunks tonight :bow:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm

The Rock wrote:
khmrP wrote:as if that missed FT at the end wasn't sad enough, he adds insult to injury by just standing there and watching his follow through as if the game was stopped or over or something...pretty dam lucky the ref didn't call a foul at the end. Otherwise nice offense same meh D

I think Minny had a timeout to burn he thought he thought they were gonna call timeout

they didn't, so that makes it even worse if he didn't realize that.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Weird game for him. Some brain farts. Some amazing plays.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Eh... Kobe posed. OK. It happens. He got back and got away with a foul.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:10 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Eh... Kobe posed. OK. It happens. He got back and got away with a foul.

yea, I'm sure players pose all time when they see an opponent running at the ball as if it was in play :freak2:
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 pm

khmrP wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Eh... Kobe posed. OK. It happens. He got back and got away with a foul.

yea, I'm sure players pose all time when they see an opponent running at the ball as if it was in play :freak2:

So you have never seen a player stop playing? None of them? This is the first time in your basketball watching history? That is shocking. Did Kobe have a brain fart? Yes. Should he be murdered for it? Hell no. They were down 3 with 3 seconds left and had to make a desperation 3. I'm not forgiving the brainfart but, as usual, I don't get your point. I would be more annoyed about the 6 TO's but thats me.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Oh wait I forgot a smilie :jam2:
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Kobe made some big plays, big shots, great passes, but man what is up with his late game FT's right now? Seems like he's tight shooting them, missing at least one of two each time, he used to be automatic with those it's so weird to see.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Weezy wrote:Kobe made some big plays, big shots, great passes, but man what is up with his late game FT's right now? Seems like he's tight shooting them, missing at least one of two each time, he used to be automatic with those it's so weird to see.

It's only been since his ankle injury he's like that. He was fantastic late from the line during our streak.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:Kobe made some big plays, big shots, great passes, but man what is up with his late game FT's right now? Seems like he's tight shooting them, missing at least one of two each time, he used to be automatic with those it's so weird to see.

It's only been since his ankle injury he's like that. He was fantastic late from the line during our streak.

I'll go one further and go with "getting burned out" for 17, Bob.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm

That's all I can come up with, tired legs from a lot of minutes on a bum ankle, because nothing else makes sense.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:48 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Oh wait I forgot a smilie :jam2:

never forget to put a smiley :man5:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:50 pm

I think he just doesn't focus the same way right now. It might be energy, I don't know. But he can hit jump shots late, so I don't know. Maybe it's just rhythm right now with his ankle being sore.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Die Danthay Jones die... we were rolling until that dirty POS, injured Kobe
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 pm

his shooting wrist is developing arthritis :man10: (he's becoming an old man)
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

So you have never seen a player stop playing? None of them? This is the first time in your basketball watching history? That is shocking. Did Kobe have a brain fart? Yes. Should he be murdered for it? Hell no. They were down 3 with 3 seconds left and had to make a desperation 3. I'm not forgiving the brainfart but, as usual, I don't get your point. I would be more annoyed about the 6 TO's but thats me.

well you make it sound as if its common play that happens all the time, yes I seen players stop playing but I NEVER seen a play watch his follow through on a 2nd attempt when the ball is bouncing towards him and in play. Yes player stop playing but he's not a rookie, watching your follow through on miss is as ego driven as you can get as if its so UNBELIEVABLE that he missed it, like that was his 1st miss from the line or something. What if they had called the foul at the end and Rubio hits the 3 ft and we go overtime, I'm sure your tone would surely change.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:20 pm

yup he brain farted. ALthough I guess you miss a lot cause I have seen players watch all sorts of follow through from all over the court. His little bonehead moment did not cost us the game yet here ya are acting as if it in fact did cost the game.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:26 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:yup he brain farted. ALthough I guess you miss a lot cause I have seen players watch all sorts of follow through from all over the court. His little bonehead moment did not cost us the game yet here ya are acting as if it in fact did cost the game.

no it didn't but it could, brainfarts are what I'd expect out of players like Metta, Meeks and the likes not someone like Kobe, I'm sorry if I can't ignore that play as easily as you can. Brainfart and stupidity seem to be an underlying problem amongst this entire team.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 pm

khmrP wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:yup he brain farted. ALthough I guess you miss a lot cause I have seen players watch all sorts of follow through from all over the court. His little bonehead moment did not cost us the game yet here ya are acting as if it in fact did cost the game.

no it didn't but it could, brainfarts are what I'd expect out of players like Metta, Meeks and the likes not someone like Kobe, I'm sorry if I can't ignore that play as easily as you can. Brainfart and stupidity seem to be an underlying problem amongst this entire team.

So Kobe isn't allowed to have a brainfart? I mean hell he makes a "seriously Kobe?" play or two every game. Just look through this thread there are several posters who point each and everyone of them out. Every team and every player makes bonehead plays. Did you ignore the jumper he made late too? How about the 3rd quarter? Or shooting over 50% for the game? All the things to think of and yet that one play is the one not to ignore. Intersting. I'd understand if you were harping on the missed free throws late even the one he posed on but I suppose its just me that I don't harp on the desperation play.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion