Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Wolverine Discussion: Shatters recovery timetable! (689)

Postby lakerknowledge on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:04 am

Check out Kobe's ankle....Gnarly scar.

http://on.fb.me/19gygi5
lakerknowledge

Postby SK8 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Here is the whole picture:

maybe it's because of the angle, but to me, that is looking really really swollen.... :man8:
i don't know, i am not doctor, but Kobe should not hurry to come back, take your time.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby kblo247 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:07 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/17-examples-of-kobe-bryants-insane-work-ethic-2013-8?op=1

Thought it was pretty good and kinda tells why we won't have another guy quite like him for going on 20 years almost
kblo247

Postby Cleansed on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Here is the whole picture:

maybe it's because of the angle, but to me, that is looking really really swollen.... :man8:
i don't know, i am not doctor, but Kobe should not hurry to come back, take your time.

No worries. The achilles that has been surgically repaired is always thicker than the non repaired achilles thus the "swollen" look.

It's actually stronger with regard to tensile strength than the non repaired tendon. The #1 concern is always flexibility . That and "spring" or "pop" is what one has to focus on post surgery.

My scar is gnarly as well hehehehe
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:51 am

My friend had the same exact injury as Kobe a few weeks ago and his looks gnarly
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby trodgers on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:24 am

It does look larger, but I'm not to concerned. We have months...anyway, Kobe seems to have good muscle tone in the calf. It's a pretty encouraging image. I'm not expecting to see "good Kobe" until post ASB.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:45 am

trodgers wrote:It does look larger, but I'm not to concerned. We have months...anyway, Kobe seems to have good muscle tone in the calf. It's a pretty encouraging image. I'm not expecting to see "good Kobe" until post ASB.

All the reason in the world from past sports history for most of us to have that expectation. But being how I'm "tight" with Kobe just sent him the post for his bulletin board..... errrr......"fuel" :man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby The Rock on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby trodgers on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:35 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
trodgers wrote:It does look larger, but I'm not to concerned. We have months...anyway, Kobe seems to have good muscle tone in the calf. It's a pretty encouraging image. I'm not expecting to see "good Kobe" until post ASB.

All the reason in the world from past sports history for most of us to have that expectation. But being how I'm "tight" with Kobe just sent him the post for his bulletin board..... errrr......"fuel" :man1:

"Less than good" Kobe can still be top 10 in the league. :man1: I don't mind if he finds motivation and dominates from the get-go. I just won't expect it. The surprise would be nice.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:23 pm

17 Examples Of Kobe Bryant's Insane Work Ethic

http://www.businessinsider.com/17-examples-of-kobe-bryants-insane-work-ethic-2013-8?op=1

After 17 years in the NBA, Kobe Bryant is still one of the best players in the league.

And there's one reason why — his insane work ethic.

Even after going down with a devastating Achilles injury at the end of the 2012-2013 season, Kobe kept working, and now he says he's way ahead of schedule on his recovery. In fact, he says he "shattered" the timetable for recovery from his surgery, and that he should be back for preseason instead of missing games well into the 2013-2014 season.

But that's just Kobe for you.

We picked out our favorite Kobe stories that illustrate just how hard he works.

They include marathon workouts, playing teammates to 100 after practice, and refusing to eat the junk food he loves the most

Click the link to read about them all

We're so privileged to be alive to watch, learn from, and be amazed by this guy
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby purp n gold on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:00 am

This might have been mentioned already... but I remember Marcellus Wiley and also Elton Brand talk about the rehab process for an Achilles injury. Supposedly, the first couple months rehab are extremely important because of how the Achilles tendon heals after being ruptured. It may be stronger after surgery, but the range of motion & flexibility will be determined whether the patient not only completes the rehab exercises, but also how well/properly he or she does them.

Wiley ruptured it after his NFL career (I think), and so he wasn't fully committed in rehabbing it. Elton Brand admitted to not rehabbing very well, and how it's pretty much affected the functionality of his Achilles for the rest of his life.

Kobe on the the other hand...

Maybe some pre-Med students or anyone with a Medical background can enlighten us here
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Mojzi on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:09 am

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/8/6/45 ... -timetable

Kobe says he's "shattered" the old timetable for recovery from Achilles injuries, but a study indicates his road back to greatness will be harder than he's letting on.
Mojzi

Postby kobayashi on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 am

KB24 stop in the Philippines for Lenovo...

Said again that he's ahead of schedule... He has really INSANE work ethic..

While doing his "commercial work" for Nike, Lenovo and other stuff..... He's not neglecting his duties as a basketball player.. because Judy Seto is with him in his travel! 0:04,
What a dedication... I can imagine him doing his therapy even in the plane...

Whether you like KB24 or not, even you're hater, you can't argue about his dedication...

kobayashi

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:44 am

Dr. Robert Klapper ‏@DrRobertKlapper 17h
KOBE in Nike video from China you see him on the court with a normal gait. Achilles is remodeling to normal with each step he takes.

KOBE Achilles. Remember that muscle fires BOTH in concentric and eccentric manner.Need Achilles to jump Up but also need Achilles to land

Achilles contractsand Shortens to leap=concentric.BUT need to land softly from jump=eccentric loading of Achilles. KOBE entering this phase

Biceps muscle flexes=concentric load to do a curl. But to let weight down softly and extend arm=eccentric load of biceps muscle. REHAB=both

KOBE Nike China video shows him moving laterally and gliding backwards in this training exercise.I expect NO setbacks in recovery and return

Dr. Robert Klapper ‏@DrRobertKlapper 14h
KOBE Achilles will not overload the other tendons in his ankle if FULL motion has returned to repair. Strength and propioception next phase
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:56 am

^^^ "propioception" ..... riiiiigghhtt! Heads for online dictionary :man10:

OK, see Dr Klapper ain't so smart, he spelled it wrong. :man12: :man12:

Definition: Proprioception is the medical term that describes the ability to sense the orientation of ones arms or legs in the air.
The way that we can tell that an arm is raised above our head, even when our eyes are closed, is an example of proprioception.

Proprioception comes from sensory nerve endings that provide our brain with the information of the limb position.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Proprioception is absolutely key to basketball (really any sport) and especially for Kobe who will need to really lean on his footwork. Can't have great footwork without a natural feel for where your foot is going to go.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Im going to the Kobe up close event thing hosted by Kimmel this Thursday. Anyone else going?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 pm

The Rock wrote:Im going to the Kobe up close event thing hosted by Kimmel this Thursday. Anyone else going?

I wanted too if the tickets weren't $200 :man5:
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 pm

I am shocked no one has posted this yet:

Kobe's 4:00am commercial

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Kit on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Very nice!
Kit

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Lifting weights with a torn achillies. Wow, just, wow. The injury didn't happen that long ago in the grand scheme of things...
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:58 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:I am shocked no one has posted this yet:

Maann, get your butt back over here and coach our kids. They have enough folks in China to figure out how to play competitive basketball.

I can see another 20 years from now... China kicking our butts at basketball... deadeye shooting. :bang:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:40 am

Lakeshow24 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:I am shocked no one has posted this yet:

Maann, get your butt back over here and coach our kids. They have enough folks in China to figure out how to play competitive basketball.

I can see another 20 years from now... China kicking our butts at basketball... deadeye shooting. :bang:

thats not all theyll be kicking our butts at in 20 years
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:17 am

Seriously. :man10:

I think in 20 years basketball will be among the least of our worries regarding China.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Dave McMenamin @mcten 15 Aug
Some of the faces in the crowd for the Kobe event: Jim Buss, Dave Winfield, Terrell Owens, Robert Sacre, Wes Johnson, Ryan Kelly

Janis Carr @janiscarr 15 Aug
Kobe Up Close: Really look forward to them (younger guys) carrying the weight.

Kobe when asked if he'll play less minutes next season: "That's the goal ... I could sit out until June, I just want that jewelry"

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 15 Aug
Kobe says he doesn't know if he will be back on opening night but is trying his best.

Kobe on tweeting "I thought it was pretty damn cool"

Kobe said he said he will never accept the honor of being the greatest Laker from Magic because he learned so much from him.

Gary Lee @LakersNation 15 Aug
Kobe said he met Larry Bird for the 1st time last year. That's kind of strange.

Kobe said when he sat with Magic at the Dodgers-Yankees game it was the first time they've ever sat down and talked that long.

Kobe said he probably would have gone to North Carolina if he went to college. I always thought he'd go to Duke.

Kobe on giving advice: "I'm not the patient type to try to give advice. Get your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in gear. If you want to do something, do it."

Kobe was shown famous photo with him in Celtics shirt and said he want to annihilate Dennis Johnson.

Kobe said he had a good workout with the Clippers but they said they wouldn't draft him.

David Brickley @DavidjBrickley 15 Aug
Kobe: "The Clippers said they couldn't draft me." Kimmel: "They always make the best decisions."

Kobe addresses Shaq situation: Started looking at different teams as FA, including Clippers "but purple and gold special to me."

Kimmel on Kobe potentially leaving the Lakers for the Clippers: "Wouldn't that be like signing an endorsement deal with RC Cola?"

Kobe said he was close to signing with the Clippers but in the end chose the Lakers for Dr. Jerry Buss. #TheCloser

Charlotte told Kobe they really couldn't have used him and really didn't want him and traded him to the Lakers for Vlade Divac.

Shaq and Kobe's first meeting was at Jerry's Deli in Beverly Hills and Kobe thought Shaq was cool because he had a big cell phone.

Gary Lee @LakersNation 15 Aug
Kobe joking about Kimmel saying that Shaq used to watch Kobe practice without a ball: "You can't listen to have the sh*t Shaq says."

Kobe on Shaq: "He was an absolute force. He was doing some super natural stuff we haven't seen in the history of the NBA."

Kobe on 3 titles with Shaq: No. 2 was his favorite. Still bother us to this day that we let that Game 1 drop

David Brickley @DavidjBrickley 15 Aug
Kobe on Michael Jordan: "It's a big brother type of relationship. Michael has giving me phenomenal advice."

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 11 minutes ago
Kobe says he learned most about the NBA was from Michael Jordan.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 10 minutes ago
Kobe says his toughest opponent may have been Allen Iverson but "the guy that gave me the most problems was Tracy McGrady."

Dave McMenamin @mcten about 9 minutes ago
Kobe on the toughest guys he ever played against - Iverson, Marbury, Arenas, Melo, Durant - but put Tracy McGrady as the toughest

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 6 minutes ago
Kobe on Diwght: Hes a great kid. "No his not" Kimmel said. "Yes he is. We have different perspectives than I do," Kobe said

David Brickley @DavidjBrickley about 6 minutes ago
Kimmel: "Would you be happy if Dwight Howard was homeless?" Kobe: We have different perspectives on what it takes to win and be successful.

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 6 minutes ago
Kobe on convincing Dwight: "It wasnt about me, it was about the organization and setting up the organization for when I retire."

David Brickley @DavidjBrickley about 5 minutes ago
Kobe said he wanted to help Lakers organization to set up future after he retires. That's the reason he was in pitch meeting.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 4 minutes ago
Kobe said it didn't bother him when others said he couldn't win without Shaq it bothered him when Shaq said he couldn't win without Shaq.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 3 minutes ago
Kobe said he loves Phil. He learned how to win with Phil as his coach. "That came from Phil's direction."

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 2 minutes ago
Will Kobe miss MWP? "Tremendously."

Dave McMenamin @mcten 2 minutes ago
When Kimmel asked Kobe about the Lakers potentially getting LeBron in 2014, the L.A. crowd booed heavily. Don't want a 4-time MVP?

Janis Carr @janiscarr now
Kobe said funniest player he ever played with was Shaq and Gary Peyton. Said he would take DFish back of any other player.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 12 minutes ago
Does Kobe think @Chris Paul should be a Laker? "Legally speaking? Yeah. David Stern speaking? No."

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 11 minutes ago
Kobe said CP3 called him after the Lakers deal went down and he was excited and then called him after Stern nixed it and he was upset.

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 11 minutes ago
Did it bother you when Lakers tried to trade Pau? "It bothered me a lot."

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 11 minutes ago
"Everybody forgot how we won in the first place," Kobe said.

Janis Carr @janiscarr about 8 minutes ago
Picture me coaching? No, no, no no," Kobe said. Would jump at ownership

Dave McMenamin @mcten about 8 minutes ago
Kobe says Kareem's scoring record isn't his goal. Championships are: "People don't understand how obsessed I am with winning"

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 8 minutes ago
When asked for a prediction this season. Kobe deadpanned, "I think we'll finish 12th" #ESPNForecast

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 7 minutes ago
Kobe said he prefers Vino to Mamba at the moment as far as nicknames.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi 4 minutes ago
Crowd is loudly booing a kid wearing a Dwight Lakers jersey. Kobe says, "He got that jersey for sale."

Dave McMenamin @mcten 2 minutes ago
Kobe on the young players he like: Westbrook, Harden, Kyrie Irving and ... Nick Young: "They all have that gene."

Janis Carr @janiscarr 1 minute ago
Magic, MIchael, Bird, Russell and Kareem would be on Kobe's all-time team

Janis Carr @janiscarr 1 minute ago
Terrell Owens asks about technology has aided in his recovery from Achilles tendon injury

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi now
Kobe: "I was fortunate. We did the surgery the next day."

Dave McMenamin @mcten 3 minutes ago
Kobe says his recovery has been aided by consulting with a neuro muscular scientist, Barrence Baytos, for years. Calls him a "genius"
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion