Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 30K

Postby gill on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 pm

And Kobe responds to intense players like that... one that challenges him, especially if it makes the team better. I also appreciate that from Dwight.
gill

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 pm

This tem is learning. Glad dwight does indeed have balls. I'm shocked he actually did that, but VERY happy as well. COME QUICK NASH!!
King of Clutch

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:59 pm

I noticed the part where Dwight yelled at Kobe and Kobe fired back pointing to the other end of the court (to post up I assume) during the game. On the next possession Dwight posts up and Kobe dumps the ball into him.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm

kblo247 wrote:Inside Kobe was smiling to be yelled at and called out, outside he had to react, but inside hats the type of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] he has begged for for year from Pau, and the same kind of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] Fisher and Lamar wouldn't fear giving him

This!! Kobe has wanted an alpha dog beside him since shaq left. I think he thrives on challenges like that. And in his 17th season, he's also more mature about it as well. Even with the win, this is the best i've felt about this team in weeks!!!! They're coming together as a team. And i'm loving it...
Last edited by King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Weezy wrote:Interesting stuff about Howard calling Kobe on his D. I know in his 17th year he can't be expected to go all out all the time on D, but he can certainly do better than he has been and he showed it in the 2nd-4th quarter tonight. Dwight's not a kid anymore, he SHOULD step up and be a leader and hold people accountable on D.

Going to back to the 30,000 point though, man who does this in their 17th season? I can only think of a few guys this good this long, Kareem and Malone being the ones that come to mind immediately. Kobe's leading the league in scoring in his 17th season, his game just doesn't seem to drop off at all. I look at a player like LeBron, and even with how great he is, will he be able to do this? When his athleticism and leaping ability goes will he be able to sustain that greatness for this many years and reach 30,000? I'm not seeing it, or in anyone else out there right now either honestly, it takes an extremely special player to get to this point.

KD maybe ? He will still be able to shoot over people with his size

Congrats to Kobe for the 30 000th mark :jam2:
Last edited by wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wcsoldier81

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:I noticed the part where Dwight yelled at Kobe and Kobe fired back pointing to the other end of the court (to post up I assume) during the game. On the next possession Dwight posts up and Kobe dumps the ball into him.

Wow. There's mutual respect there. I love it.
King of Clutch

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 pm

gill wrote:And Kobe responds to intense players like that... one that challenges him, especially if it makes the team better. I also appreciate that from Dwight.

Yep... I love it :jam2: :jam2:
GoldHammish

Postby gill on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:09 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
About argument with Kobe, Dwight said he's not afraid to say anything to anybody -- and it got Lakers a W tonight.
gill

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 pm

chook have the clip of d12 yelling at kobe and kobe pointing to the other end? haha would love to see it
Maluco Beleza

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:17 pm

59% shooting!! And upped his average!! And it came in with a W. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: He needed a game like this.
King of Clutch

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 pm

"He'll be a key guy for the Lakers..."

Crazy how he looks pretty much exactly the same, and the way he shoots free throws hasn't changed at all either
GoldHammish

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:chook have the clip of d12 yelling at kobe and kobe pointing to the other end? haha would love to see it

didnt show it on TWC.. at least i didnt see it
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
Maluco Beleza wrote:chook have the clip of d12 yelling at kobe and kobe pointing to the other end? haha would love to see it

didnt show it on TWC

They didn't replay it but it happened during the game. I don't remember when but it was after a rotation Kobe missed, made basket for the hornets in the first half if I remember right since the hornet scored on the left basket.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Interesting stuff about Howard calling Kobe on his D. I know in his 17th year he can't be expected to go all out all the time on D, but he can certainly do better than he has been and he showed it in the 2nd-4th quarter tonight. Dwight's not a kid anymore, he SHOULD step up and be a leader and hold people accountable on D.

Going to back to the 30,000 point though, man who does this in their 17th season? I can only think of a few guys this good this long, Kareem and Malone being the ones that come to mind immediately. Kobe's leading the league in scoring in his 17th season, his game just doesn't seem to drop off at all. I look at a player like LeBron, and even with how great he is, will he be able to do this? When his athleticism and leaping ability goes will he be able to sustain that greatness for this many years and reach 30,000? I'm not seeing it, or in anyone else out there right now either honestly, it takes an extremely special player to get to this point.

KD maybe ? He will still be able to shoot over people with his size

Congrats to Kobe for the 30 000th mark :jam2:

I briefly thought about KD as I wrote that, but I really don't know. With his talent and shooting ability he should be averaging 30ppg on that team already (he's done it before), especially with Harden gone, but he's not. If he's going to 'only' put up 26ppg I just don't know if he gets to 30,000 eventually, he'd have to play at this level like Kobe has for a long, long time.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby halekulani on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:36 pm

lebron and kd are both on pace to do it in 22,000 and 21,000 fga respectively (or at least that's what someone said on realgm)
halekulani

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:

didnt show it on TWC

They didn't replay it but it happened during the game. I don't remember when but it was after a rotation Kobe missed, made basket for the hornets in the first half if I remember right since the hornet scored on the left basket.

i found it.. wasnt as dramatic as ding described

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Jellincon on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 pm

This.
Jellincon

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Dwight Howard on his first quarter shouting match with Kobe Bryant ...

"We move forward. You got to be able to do that – talk to each other," Howard said after the Lakers' 103-87 win over the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday. "That’s why we’re a team, we’re a family. If you don’t feel comfortable enough saying something, then it’s not good. But when you can say whatever you have to say and the other person doesn’t take it as a personal attack and understand that whatever is being said is for the benefit of the team. That’s where we stand. There’s no need for a big discussion about it. It happened and at the end of the day, it got us a win."
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
Ras Algethi wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:

didnt show it on TWC

i found it.. wasnt as dramatic as ding described

D12 already has (rightfully so) called out teammates on not helping the helper ...
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 pm

halekulani wrote:lebron and kd are both on pace to do it in 22,000 and 21,000 fga respectively (or at least that's what someone said on realgm)

I'm just not gonna believe it til I see it, a lot of players, even all time greats, fall off when they get to as many years as Kobe has. Those guys will have to avoid major injuries, play with nagging injuries that will happen, declining physically, and score high consistently year after year like Kobe has.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:50 pm

Weezy wrote:
halekulani wrote:lebron and kd are both on pace to do it in 22,000 and 21,000 fga respectively (or at least that's what someone said on realgm)

I'm just not gonna believe it til I see it, a lot of players, even all time greats, fall off when they get to as many years as Kobe has. Those guys will have to avoid major injuries, play with nagging injuries that will happen, declining physically, and score high consistently year after year like Kobe has.

yup. Lol kobe is going on 35 ppl. lol
King of Clutch

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Lebron is already getting 20 000 pts this season :man3: ... damn time flies by
wcsoldier81

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Yeah having someone to keep Kobe in check is always good, especially defensively. Nearly everyone is afraid to hold the guy accountable for anything, but this is where Dwight hangs his hat. If Kobe isn't doing his job defensively Dwight will not have it. I'm glad he isn't afraid to get on Kobe's case.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 pm

So much praise given to kobe on espn halftime clippers v dallas game. And bill simmons kept trying to change the subject. In the first commercial break, he just randomly said, "the summer of lebron." right before it went to break. lol, and in the halftime break he said, "tim duncan is doing it too". LOL!!! You could just tell he did not like the kobe talk.
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 pm

wrong thread
King of Clutch

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion