Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby kobe_008 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:04 am

Kobe for 2014
Yes he CAN
kobe_008

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Amazing Kobe video based on the Nike "You Showed Us" note to Kobe:

Try to hold back the waterworks.

:man6:
Jazzygirl205

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Amazing Kobe video based on the Nike "You Showed Us" note to Kobe:

Try to hold back the waterworks.

:man6:

:man6: :man6: :man6: That was beautiful!!!
King of Clutch

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Weezy wrote:If we had Nash and Blake I could see that, but with Morris and Glock starting (I assume they are?) I think Kobe on the bench cheering might be a mental boost, this is his team after all. Pretty sad that he won't be out there because the media would probably make a story out of a guy on the bench cheering on his own team.

The Media? Hell some fans will crucify him for "not being a team player." You know he has to do the right thing which can't.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:51 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 47s
Kobe's using the crutches to come out to the floor and join the Lakers' huddle. Lakers fans cheering.

The return of Coach Bryant.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 1m
We asked Kobe about Dwight. He laughed as the golf cart he was in sped off.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby checkers09 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Dwight on Kobe: "People twisted things: the fake fights, arguments. We maintained a pretty good relationship. I'm gonna be here for him."

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby escobar8 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:18 am

after kobe and javier zanetti went down with the same injury...the sports gods are very cruel this year to me...
two of the bigest world sportmen went down...but both will rise again... :jam2:
escobar8

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:12 am

we saw a glimpse of a kobe-less lakers era...and it was nauseating.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm glad Kobe is going to take part in the Exit Interviews tomorrow. He hasn't done exit interviews with the media only with Mitch and the FO the last 2 years. He will go right after Dwight tomorrow.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby shoe on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 am

Stitches out! #progress
shoe

Postby Dratini927 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43 am

Still in a suit with his watch on. Legit doctor. :man10:
Matt the Drat

Dratini927

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... morabilia/

Kobe’s mom ready to auction off his high school memorabilia

Would you like some Kobe Bryant Lower Merion High School memorabilia? Like an actual game-worn jersey (which if you actually try to wear you’re a fool… and probably really skinny, who can fit into their high school clothes?).

Kobe’s mom is about to auction things off through Golden Auctions reports Tom Hofarth at the Los Angeles Daily News.

The main draw will be a maroon uniform — jersey and shorts — from his freshman year when he wore No. 24. It is believed to be the only authentic game worn #24 Kobe Bryant LMHS jersey in existence. He switched to No. 33 for the rest of his high school days before going to the NBA.

There’s more: practice jerseys from high school, the version of his 2000 NBA championship ring he paid the Lakers to have make for his mom, his 1998 and 2000 NBA All-Star Game rings, 1996 high school state championship ring, his 1996 High School McDonald’s All American ring and even his he surfboard-shaped “Teen’s Choice” Award from Nickelodeon.

I know, I can’t believe he’d want to give up the Nikolodian award either.

My mom tried to sell off the stuff from my room after I left. I think she make $1.73.
Basketball Fan

Postby XXIV on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Why is she doing this?
XXIV

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:21 pm

that is weird. Wonder what his mom is selling his stuff for?
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed May 01, 2013 12:57 am

Really????? Nobody in here is talking about his exit interview :man3:

Here it is:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2013/04/30/130430Bryantmov-2463967

Really great stuff, he's obviously in great spirits and I found it interesting on his take with this roster and for the immediate future
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 am

- He's right about getting players who could provide athleticism and speed .

I strongly disagree with the couple others main point :

- No we can't win with the current core ... I know him and Pau have a long history but Pau needs to go ..

- Everybody ( not only Kobe) talked about how great the 28-12 turnaround was great :

- We won a lot of close games against bad and average teams
- We still didn't compete well against the top teams .
AND We remained a bad defense squad

Of course PR type of interview from Kobe but hey even if you are not going to say everything like it is .. I didn't like most exit interviews ... this organization is in denial ... lack of D/type of roster completely outdated for today's NBA style ? Who cares :disagree:
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Wed May 01, 2013 9:40 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:- He's right about getting players who could provide athleticism and speed .

I strongly disagree with the couple others main point :

- No we can't win with the current core ... I know him and Pau have a long history but Pau needs to go ..

- Everybody ( not only Kobe) talked about how great the 28-12 turnaround was great :

- We won a lot of close games against bad and average teams
- We still didn't compete well against the top teams .
AND We remained a bad defense squad

Of course PR type of interview from Kobe but hey even if you are not going to say everything like it is .. I didn't like most exit interviews ... this organization is in denial ... lack of D/type of roster completely outdated for today's NBA style ? Who cares :disagree:

This and also this:
Doc Brown wrote:Keep old a** Nash/Pau/MWP/Blake around for another season, with Kobe coming back from surgery, yea teams will have fun playing us.

Run us to death, pick and roll us to death, attack Pau on defense, run MWP off screens, trap Nash on offense and play him full court, collapse on D12 because we have no shooters.

Same s*** different season will be our slogan next year if that's the case.

To me it's like Kobe, despite his priviliged position to analyse the team as a member and as an observer (when injured), hasn't still gotten that it's been about defense with this team (except in the playoffs, where our offense was also trash, but that's because we had a bunch of guys out).

It's weird to me because he's always said "defense and rebounding. that's how you win championships". Well we do rebound. We just can't play D.

He wants to keep Pau and all the reasons he cites in defense of that argument are about offense. What about his atrocious D? What about the impact of said D when you consider that we also have Steve Nash (and Kobe himself coming out of an injury)?

It's easy to suggest "get some length and speed and athleticism", but how do we do it without trading Pau?

He didn't mention the need for shooters either.

A head-scratcher for me, that interview.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed May 01, 2013 11:49 pm

I found this funny, it's irrelevant to anything but I thought this was cool...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCDDcQTWJs[/youtube]
Jazzygirl205

Postby karacha on Thu May 02, 2013 9:07 am

Finwë wrote:It's easy to suggest "get some length and speed and athleticism", but how do we do it without trading Pau?

We don't. We trade Pau.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 am

Basketball Fan wrote:http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... morabilia/

Would you like some Kobe Bryant Lower Merion High School memorabilia? Like an actual game-worn jersey (which if you actually try to wear you’re a fool… and probably really skinny, who can fit into their high school clothes?).

Kobe’s mom is about to auction things off through Golden Auctions reports Tom Hofarth at the Los Angeles Daily News.

The main draw will be a maroon uniform — jersey and shorts — from his freshman year when he wore No. 24. It is believed to be the only authentic game worn #24 Kobe Bryant LMHS jersey in existence. He switched to No. 33 for the rest of his high school days before going to the NBA.

There’s more: practice jerseys from high school, the version of his 2000 NBA championship ring he paid the Lakers to have make for his mom, his 1998 and 2000 NBA All-Star Game rings, 1996 high school state championship ring, his 1996 High School McDonald’s All American ring and even his he surfboard-shaped “Teen’s Choice” Award from Nickelodeon.

My mom tried to sell off the stuff from my room after I left. I think she make $1.73.

i hope the proceeds are going to charity or something...this is just weird
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Finwë on Thu May 02, 2013 8:24 pm

karacha wrote:
Finwë wrote:It's easy to suggest "get some length and speed and athleticism", but how do we do it without trading Pau?

We don't. We trade Pau.

So Kobe contradicted himself? He said he wanted to keep Pau...
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby karacha on Thu May 02, 2013 8:48 pm

He's trying to be nice to his teammate who helped him win some championships. But, in the end, Kobe is not stupid.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby havoc33 on Fri May 03, 2013 4:10 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... morabilia/

i hope the proceeds are going to charity or something...this is just weird

And the story just got even more weird. Apparently, the mother is auctioning the stuff to get money to buy a house. And now Kobe is going the legal route to prevent the auction from ever taking place. :man3:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130503_Kobe_Bryant_doesn_t_want_mother_to_sell_his_past.html
havoc33

Postby Pig Miller on Fri May 03, 2013 7:54 am

^what kind of person tries to sell their son's items without permission? that's just low.

are his mom and dad separated and she got left with nothing? bizarre.

it doesn't seem like they are a family hurting for money, so this makes no sense.
Pig Miller

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion