Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: "Flu like symptoms"

Postby GoldenChocobo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 pm

khmrP wrote:if Howard leaves, Kobe should look himself in mirror and see the reason why

Retirement!
GoldenChocobo

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Kobe hasn't been facilitating the last few games. I have no idea why. He did a good job of it when Nash got injured (aside from turnovers). He wasn't bad tonight, he attacked but still has to move the ball and get his teammates involved more.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Nice D kob!
gill

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Oh and Kobe Bryant is a horrible HORRIBLE defender
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 pm

As annoying as it has been to watch him whine after he gets fouled and not get on D, I have to say a big WTF to the officiating towards him lately. On the last play when he was coming off the screen he was clearly having his jersey grabbed. Not to mention the eye slap. And then Harden goes on offense lowers his shoulder and automatically gets free throws. WTF.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 pm

"I know we were winning all game as Kobe chucked."
"I know we lost the lead when they did Hack-a-Dwight."
"It's still Kobe's fault."

C'mon, guys. Mauvaise foi.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:11 pm

I like an aggressive Kobe but he's too one track minded. He either goes full scoring mode or pass mode. I don't understand why he can't be aggressive yet still hit the open man if he's wide open.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 pm

khmrP wrote:if Howard leaves, Kobe should look himself in mirror and see the reason why

UGH.
Let's all stop treating Howard like this prima donna we need to look out for.. He's been awful from time to time and pretty much cost us quite a few games (at least 3 of them so far - Dallas, Orlando, Houston) with his FT shooting alone. If he leaves he's a moron, because not only is he not gonna find a better situation, but he'll be ignoring that much of the blame is his own.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:13 pm

BTW, Kobe didn't play good D at all tonight. And he should have passed more. But, as usual, if we're blaming people he comes pretty low on the list.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:22 pm

trodgers wrote:BTW, Kobe didn't play good D at all tonight. And he should have passed more. But, as usual, if we're blaming people he comes pretty low on the list.

You said he should play D and passes more, yet you are putting most of the blames on the other guys, how? How can they help the lakers win when Kobe is ball hogging the ball again? Should they just rip the ball out of his hands and hit more shots?
easyguy

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:23 pm

His field goal % is now at 48.6% on the season :man6:
Easy come, easy go.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby abeer3 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

there's really no excuse for the defensive effort he's been showing out there. i don't care about the shooting as much (although i miss efficient kobe from last month), but you can't be barking at people in the press when you're not even giving an honest effort on that end of the floor.
abeer3

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:As annoying as it has been to watch him whine after he gets fouled and not get on D, I have to say a big WTF to the officiating towards him lately. On the last play when he was coming off the screen he was clearly having his jersey grabbed. Not to mention the eye slap. And then Harden goes on offense lowers his shoulder and automatically gets free throws. WTF.

This. Obviously he needs to stop with the barking and get back on D, but I'm astounded at the amount of times I see him get clearly fouled and nothing's called, and then see lesser players (both in terms of talent and in terms of being stars worthy of "star treatment") get tons of calls.. Harden was just going throught the motions, flopping and looking for foul calls, and he got like every single one of them..

Maybe it's time for Kobe to realize that this probably won't change, and maybe change his approach, take different shots, attack the basket differently, not look for contact so much knowing that in the eyes of the refs he's almost not a star anymore..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:25 pm

easyguy wrote:
trodgers wrote:BTW, Kobe didn't play good D at all tonight. And he should have passed more. But, as usual, if we're blaming people he comes pretty low on the list.

You said he should play D and passes more, yet you are putting most of the blames on the other guys, how? How can they help the lakers win when Kobe is ball hogging the ball again? Should they just rip the ball out of his hands and hit more shots?

Don't be ludicrous. Simply think about how what I said could be interpreted in a way that doesn't make me look like a drooling imbecile.

Because the biggest reason for the loss was D'Antoni's keeping Dwight in the game. Anyone who disagrees should go back and review the game.

Kobe should pass more and play better D. Many players should play better D and pass more. D'Antoni should sub better. Tons of problems. First is D'Antoni; second is Dwight. Morris was garbage. Those are all more pressing problems than Kobe's play.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:26 pm

You're not going to get facilitating Kobe for most of the game and then expect him to go on this extreme explosion of major points at the end to put the game away we have been watching him since he's been a Laker and that's not his game. You're either gonna get one or the other and whatever Kobe is established in the offense is the one you're going to get THE ENTIRE GAME. Like when they beat the Nuggets he only took what, 11 shots and people were still complaining despite other guys stepping up and doing their part? Whatever Kobe is out there also needs the benefit of the rest of the teams's performance as well. If the other guys aren't performing well it doesn't matter what Kobe shows up.
Jazzygirl205

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm

I don't know, I really don't think Dwight's FTs were the issue. He shot 50%. That's about all we can expect from him. If we need him to shoot 60% or better from the stripe to win games then we aren't winning ANY games.

Against the Rockets, I think that even though Kobe shot well, he did the team a disservice by not getting them involved. When they don't get involved, they lose focus. When they lose focus, they don't play defense and they are out of sync on offense.

The best players in the game make their teammates better. Kobe simply isn't doing that much and he certainly didn't do that in this game either.
JGC

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm

JGC wrote:I don't know, I really don't think Dwight's FTs were the issue. He shot 50%. That's about all we can expect from him. If we need him to shoot 60% or better from the stripe to win games then we aren't winning ANY games.

Against the Rockets, I think that even though Kobe shot well, he did the team a disservice by not getting them involved. When they don't get involved, they lose focus. When they lose focus, they don't play defense and they are out of sync on offense.

The best players in the game make their teammates better. Kobe simply isn't doing that much and he certainly didn't do that in this game either.

I'm not going to make that a bigger issue than it is, he didn't make his teammates better tonight, but he has the majority of the season and IMO the majority of his career. Dwight's FT's were a problem, 50% yes, but he shouldn't have been out there taking so many late. It's not the overall percentage, it's the context, when they came in the game. There's no excuse in my mind for Kobe's ball hogging tonight though, plenty of other guy out there that can hit shots and were open a lot.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:I don't know, I really don't think Dwight's FTs were the issue. He shot 50%. That's about all we can expect from him. If we need him to shoot 60% or better from the stripe to win games then we aren't winning ANY games.

I'm not going to make that a bigger issue than it is, he didn't make his teammates better tonight, but he has the majority of the season and IMO the majority of his career. Dwight's FT's were a problem, 50% yes, but he shouldn't have been out there taking so many late. It's not the overall percentage, it's the context, when they came in the game. There's no excuse in my mind for Kobe's ball hogging tonight though, plenty of other guy out there that can hit shots and were open a lot.

True. But D12 did make 63% (well, 62.5%) of them late in the game during Hack a Howard. And the differential between when they started it and when they had to stop (because of 2 min mark) was -2. One basket. That's it!

So I feel that our problems, in this particular game, went beyond Howard's FTs late in the ball game. Sure, going -2 didn't help, but we went -4 from that moment on through the rest of the game WITHOUT Hack a Howard.
JGC

Postby last stand on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:06 am

not a good game from kobe, from the jump he was go. didn't like it. i am always fine with kobe taking however many shots he wants, granted he reads the flow of the game first.

today he just decided gasol's out i'm going to shoot. dwight had a huge advantage and we didn't go to it early. he had 5 shots to kobe's 18 like halfway through the 2nd.

unacceptable
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:06 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:His field goal % is now at 48.6% on the season :man6:
Easy come, easy go.

His FG% will rise when Nash comes back, no doubt about it.

Quote me, brand me, do whatever you want but it will improve when Nash gets established again and gets his timing back.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 am

It will only keep getting worse if he decides to shoot 30+ times again, he was more efficient when he shot less, hes back to last season chucking mode forgetting he has the best C in the NBA to throw it in to...

GoldenKnight

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:45 am

GoldenKnight wrote:It will only keep getting worse if he decides to shoot 30+ times again, he was more efficient when he shot less, hes back to last season chucking mode forgetting he has the best C in the NBA to throw it in to...

Ehhh, he may be the best C, but he's certainly not the best offensive C. His post game is just. . . ugly.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:46 am

@LakersReporter: The Lakers are 1-7 when Kobe scores at least 30 points, & 7-3 when he scores less than 30. They're 5-1 when he has 6+ assists.
Ariza3

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:12 am

Scnottaken wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:It will only keep getting worse if he decides to shoot 30+ times again, he was more efficient when he shot less, hes back to last season chucking mode forgetting he has the best C in the NBA to throw it in to...

Ehhh, he may be the best C, but he's certainly not the best offensive C. His post game is just. . . ugly.

That doesn't give Kobe the right to shoot 30+ times

GoldenKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion