Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 pm

trodgers wrote:Looking for the pot/kettle image. Has anyone seen it?

I actually used it but the image didn't show.... It is really the perfect comment for him isn't it.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Shadow on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Kobe is not wrong for speaking his mind, I can respect that. However, he shouldn't of said it in front on the media, if he need it to say anything to Dwight it should of been kept behind close doors, but this whole thing of calling each other out in front of the media is tearing this team apart and creating more conflict, and that's the last thing we need. Kobe Bryant as a leader more importantly should understand that.

This whole call each other out in front of the media isnt doing us any good. If Kobe Bryant needs to express his mind, express it to your players, get the message through, but telling the media one thing can be misleading to another thing, and he should of understand that the most, considering his past experiences!
Shadow

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:36 pm

How do we know if they haven't said it to each other already in the locker room, practice? I'm pretty sure they have, I mean what else do they talk about. All they're doing is answering questions provided by them by the media. The media are the one's who love to exploit drama, squeeze every little bit out for ratings and traffic.
Jazzygirl205

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:49 pm

HA!! Well I'll be damned....Kobe does read CL. That first half against the Bobcats was clearly for odom1year.

:man10: There you go, your franchise player with a chance to carrry it (hurt like Kobe does) and all those consistently great shooters he needs to always be passing to, against the worst team in the league. When better to do it?
LTLakerFan

Kobe’s Defense

Postby lyth on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm

I included the halftime report graphic with the log from tonight.

Charlotte (Feb. 08, 2013)
Spoiler:
KOBE’S DEFENSE: 0 pts (1st QTR)
  • 8:20 15-feet Henderson over Bryant (Missed)
  • 5:35 18-feet Gilchrist over Bryant (Missed)
KOBE’S DEFENSE: 0 pts (2nd QTR)
  • 0:25 at-rim Henderson over Bryant (Missed)
KOBE’S DEFENSE: 5 pts (3rd QTR)
  • 10:35 18-feet Henderson over Bryant (2 pts)
  • 6:10 23-feet Sessions over Bryant (3 pts)
  • 2:35 10-feet Henderson over Bryant (Missed)
  • 0:05 at-rim Gordon over Bryant (Missed)
KOBE’S DEFENSE: 2 pts (4th QTR)
  • 5:45 10-feet Sessions over Bryant (Blocked)
  • 4:30 18-feet Henderson over Bryant (2 pts)
  • 0:25 23-feet Walker over Bryant (Missed)
HENDERSON 2-5 FG | GILCHRIST 0-1 FG | SESSIONS 1-2 FG | GORDON 0-1 FG | WALKER 0-1 FG

Halftime Report:

lyth

Postby The Rock on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm

what a 4th Quarter lol what was the Bobcats coach thinking putting Sessions on Kobe, by the time Henderson got around to guarding him Kobe was red hot

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby BuzzerBeater on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Kobe's Lakers, thank god :jam2:
BuzzerBeater

Postby The Rock on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:30 pm

1 for his last 26 in 3s though. Hes tired

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Man, if only he could just score 15 or so AND have 5 assists per half. That would average out to 30 and 10, if he could just do that AND play good defense on the other team's best guard all game every game, that would just be great. I mean passing more in one half and scoring more in another is good and all, but he should be able to just to everything all at once all the time, you know, like so many players have before him, like uh... well... somebody I guess.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Weezy wrote:Man, if only he could just score 15 or so AND have 5 assists per half. That would average out to 30 and 10, if he could just do that AND play good defense on the other team's best guard all game every game, that would just be great. I mean passing more in one half and scoring more in another is good and all, but he should be able to just to everything all at once all the time, you know, like so many players have before him, like uh... well... somebody I guess.

He has to rebound more too. Oh, and since we have no (competent) coach, he has to do that as well.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Weezy wrote:Man, if only he could just score 15 or so AND have 5 assists per half. That would average out to 30 and 10, if he could just do that AND play good defense on the other team's best guard all game every game, that would just be great. I mean passing more in one half and scoring more in another is good and all, but he should be able to just to everything all at once all the time, you know, like so many players have before him, like uh... well... somebody I guess.

if kobe doesn't get a triple double every game, he's being lazy and a bad teammate and a bad leader, and just a bad human being in general.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Legendary on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm

According to Earl...Kobe got mad and came out in the 2nd half with a vengeance.

Seemed to work out for us....
Legendary

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Legendary wrote:According to Earl...Kobe got mad and came out in the 2nd half with a vengeance.

Clark: "i love when he (kobe) gets mad...gets that look on his face. gets me hyped"
lakersyunowin

Postby Legendary on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:53 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:
Legendary wrote:According to Earl...Kobe got mad and came out in the 2nd half with a vengeance.

Clark: "i love when he (kobe) gets mad...gets that look on his face. gets me hyped"

Gets me hyped too...

I was pissed that he only took 2 shots in the 1st half. Forget the criticism and the babying...Do WHAT YOU DO.
Legendary

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:56 pm

i also liked the thunderous mvp chants for kobe in charlotte. :man10:
lakersyunowin

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Legendary wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:

Gets me hyped too...

I was pissed that he only took 2 shots in the 1st half. Forget the criticism and the babying...Do WHAT YOU DO.

:bow:
Maluco Beleza

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Absolutely CLOSED the game with his shots, passes, and defense on sessions as well. Amazing 4th quarter from him.
King of Clutch

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:07 pm

This is my guess as to what happened. Kobe stepped back in the first half and said ok D12 and others, you step up and show me how its done. Then when they couldn't hack it, Kobe got mad..... :mad1:

Kobe really is King. :bow:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:29 pm

I like how he gets MVP chants in other arenas every season almost but he never wins it. Has that happened in the past?
Jazzygirl205

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote: I like how he gets MVP chants in other arenas every season almost but he never wins it. Has that happened in the past?

The Lakers have fans everywhere that's why.

Although I wonder how one becomes a Laker fan if they didn't at least live near LA for some portion of their life. That's a bit strange to me because they really aren't the type of team people want to like unless they're from here.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Hey I'm not from L.A. actually I live in the deep south and love my Lakers no matter who's on our team, no matter who the coach is, no matter what :jam2: Too bad I'll probably never be able to see Kobe play in this lifetime, however I'm pretty sure I'll be able to at least attend one game in the future.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote: I like how he gets MVP chants in other arenas every season almost but he never wins it. Has that happened in the past?

The Lakers have fans everywhere that's why.

Although I wonder how one becomes a Laker fan if they didn't at least live near LA for some portion of their life. That's a bit strange to me because they really aren't the type of team people want to like unless they're from here.

I think a lot of it has to do with star players, a lot of fans become a fan of a player first, maybe as kids new to NBA ball, then the team. It's why there was Bulls fans everywhere in the 90s, Jordan had that popularity, and I think a lot of people probably became Lakers fans years back because of Magic, then later because of maybe Shaq, then for years all the way until now because of Kobe. A good friend of mine is a 76ers fan, has always lived in my city, became one because of Iverson. A little cousin of mine is sadly a Celtics fan because he stated watching in '08 and liked KG, Pierce and Allen.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:52 am

Ethan J. Skolnick@EthanJSkolnick08 Feb

LeBron didn't want to comment on Lakers' situation. "Last time I commented, Kobe asked me if I wanted a cookie. I like cookies, by the way."

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/miami_ ... z2KOFIQhqE

LeBron James was asked if he's buying it that Kobe Bryant has become a distributor. He said "no'' and added more.

“Do I buy that?" James sasid. "No. He told you all before, he’s a scorer. He said it every day, ‘I’m a scorer and this is what I do.’ So I don’t buy it. No. You guys buy it, though. I see how you all go, ’49 assists in four games,' whatever. You guys are going crazy about that. I don’t buy that. He’s a scorer.’’

http://sulia.com/channel/miami-heat/f/f5ac4acc-0fd0-481d-b458-7f70dcce6964/?source=twitter

:man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 am

Last edited by The Laker Link on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Laker Link

Postby kenshi1023 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:19 am

it will be sad once kobe laces It up one last time, then we'll be left with manchild.
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion