Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:23 am

I saw on another Lakers forum Kobe playing the piano, freaking nerd lol.
Jazzygirl205

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:30 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I saw on another Lakers forum Kobe playing the piano, freaking nerd lol.

lol I saw that too. here it is. http://twitter.yfrog.com/20sjarkoulqwhqwzokysslfbz
King of Clutch

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:38 am

The Rock wrote:1 for his last 26 in 3s though. Hes tired

I read a tweet (either Ding or Trudell or one of those) that said that Kobe admitted to that reporter that the whole passing thing was negatively affecting his shooting. Not something we didn't already thought was the case, but to hear it from him makes it a certainty. Not saying he should go away from it, just saying that's the reason
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Laker Link on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:40 am

Finwë wrote:

I read a tweet (either Ding or Trudell or one of those) that said that Kobe admitted to that reporter that the whole passing thing was negatively affecting his shooting. Not something we didn't already thought was the case, but to hear it from him makes it a certainty. Not saying he should go away from it, just saying that's the reason

He passes, isn't hitting 3s, but making good twos and getting still about 20 points a game? I'll live with that. Can't see Kobe being too mad about that if we are winning.
The Laker Link

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:43 am

The Laker Link wrote:
Finwë wrote:

He passes, isn't hitting 3s, but making good twos and getting still about 20 points a game? I'll live with that. Can't see Kobe being too mad about that if we are winning.

I don't disagree. He was taking way too many 3s before the shift in playing style, averaging more than KD and almost the same as Melo.
I want him on the post and on the elbows, making reads and if he gets single coverage and is in rythm to exploit it. Off the ball I like when he curls off screens to catch-and-shoot/drive & when he cuts to the basket.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:17 am

This guy is unreal. I don't even want to talk about the last time he laces them up, too painful to think about.

Let's just enjoy the Mozart in Sneakers, Kobe Bryant.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby borri on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:20 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I saw on another Lakers forum Kobe playing the piano, freaking nerd lol.

Hold up now. How is playing the piano nerdy? I play. I was also a jock. Let's use the word....well rounded. :jam2:
borri

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:23 am

Of course it's not nerdy majority of my family plays instruments. My brother the drums, my dad guitar my uncle keyboard. I was just making a playful joke which I failed at :man10:
Jazzygirl205

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:26 am

In reply to Morris posting the video on Twitter, I asked Darius if he played any instruments himself, his answer to me "the drums & saxophone"

So there's that...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:37 am

GoldenKnight wrote:In reply to Morris posting the video on Twitter, I asked Darius if he played any instruments himself, his answer to me "the drums & saxophone"

So there's that...

pretty cool that he replied to u.
King of Clutch

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 am

It's like finding out Jerry Stackhouse could sing. Knowing many athletes have talent outside of their sport is really cool.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Murdock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 am

I am only afraid that against better teams his elbow backing up and passing isn't gonna work ... he takes up a lot of time off the clock ... wish he would be more active drive and kick ... but he is playing great right now ... just he should try it and practice it for better teams
Murdock

Postby karacha on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:44 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Let's just enjoy the Mozart in Sneakers, Kobe Bryant.

Yeah... however, that nickname was taken by the late Drazen Petrovic.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:05 pm

Lebron fueling the flames..

LeBron James was asked if he’s buying it that Kobe Bryant has become a distributor. He said “no” and added more.

“Do I buy that?” James said. “No. He told you all before, he’s a scorer. He said it every day, ‘I’m a scorer and this is what I do.’ So I don’t buy it. No. You guys buy it, though. I see how you all go, ’49 assists in four games,’ whatever. You guys are going crazy about that. I don’t buy that. He’s a scorer.’’

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... stributor/

lakersin4

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Well in Lebron's defense, he is right with that quote. Kobe has always said that he's a scorer first. He even poked fun at the media for "drinking the Kobe pass Kool-aid".
GoldHammish

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 am

According to the NBA (official facebook account), these are Kobe's top 10 career plays:

Do you agree?
Finwë

Postby SK8 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:56 am

Kobe have sooo much highlights, he need TOP20, not 10 :jam2:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:26 am

The Laker Link wrote:http://imgflip.com/i/kiuv

Wouldn't this be sick if he did this in his final NBA game?
Like he left it all on the floor one last time?
Jazzygirl205

Postby JGC on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:09 am

Finwë wrote:According to the NBA (official facebook account), these are Kobe's top 10 career plays:

Do you agree?

It's close. Not sure how the off balance, running 3pt bank shot against Miami would be the 9th BEST play of his career though. I mean, he was short on time, dribbled and just kind of threw it up there. There is no way that lucky desperation shot should be anywhere near the top of a list of Kobe's best career plays.

Some other more worthy ones off the top of my head...

- Kobe's jumper over Jason Kidd and the Suns in the 2000 playoffs. I remember that as being his first postseason 'statement' in response to the airballs against Utah previously.

- Kobe's game tying 3-pointer against the "Kobe stopper' Ruben Patterson and/or his game winning 3-pointer, in 2OT, in the same game, against the same "Kobe stopper".

- Kobe's baseline dunk against Yao Ming.

- Kobe's lack of "regard for human life" with his windmill dunk on Latrell Sprewell.

- Kobe's game-winning jumper in OT against the Suns in the 2006 playoffs.

- Kobe's game-tying 3-pointer in regulation against the Pistons in game 2 of the 2004 NBA finals.

- I know it's not a play, but if they're going to count a myriad of shots from his 81 pt game, then you have to include his 9 consecutive 3's against Seattle way back in the day.
JGC

Postby LOSLAKERS on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am

one must train the mind as well as the body
LOSLAKERS

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 pm

JGC wrote:
Finwë wrote:According to the NBA (official facebook account), these are Kobe's top 10 career plays:

Do you agree?

It's close. Not sure how the off balance, running 3pt bank shot against Miami would be the 9th BEST play of his career though. I mean, he was short on time, dribbled and just kind of threw it up there. There is no way that lucky desperation shot should be anywhere near the top of a list of Kobe's best career plays.

Some other more worthy ones off the top of my head...

- Kobe's jumper over Jason Kidd and the Suns in the 2000 playoffs. I remember that as being his first postseason 'statement' in response to the airballs against Utah previously.

- Kobe's game tying 3-pointer against the "Kobe stopper' Ruben Patterson and/or his game winning 3-pointer, in 2OT, in the same game, against the same "Kobe stopper".

- Kobe's baseline dunk against Yao Ming.

- Kobe's lack of "regard for human life" with his windmill dunk on Latrell Sprewell.

- Kobe's game-winning jumper in OT against the Suns in the 2006 playoffs.

- Kobe's game-tying 3-pointer in regulation against the Pistons in game 2 of the 2004 NBA finals.

- I know it's not a play, but if they're going to count a myriad of shots from his 81 pt game, then you have to include his 9 consecutive 3's against Seattle way back in the day.

I agree about the Miami GW. I don't know why that shot keeps getting hype, Kobe said so himself it was a lucky shot, he's hit MANY better GWs..

I would go with the 2 insane threes he hit in Portland too. The dunk on Latrell Sprewell was awesome and IMO > than the one against Garnett's Timberwolves.
I would've also liked to see the crazy tough shots he hit against PHO in 2010 to get us to the finals, or some plays from those title runs..

There are just so many plays to choose from I don't know how anyone could conclusively say "THESE are Kobe's top 10 plays, ever".
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Hmm lets see here, Kobe shot over 50%, got 9 assists, took less than 20 shots...these are the usual barometers where he gets judged on. He did well on these three things and still the Lakers gave up 100 points and lost the game. So there goes that theory that his shots matter, there are too many issues on the team like 3 point shooting, rebounding and SG/SF defense which are much much in dire need

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Armani on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 pm

I liked what he did tonight... if he's gotta do more than this, we're in deep trouble.

Oh, wait. :man10: :man6:
Armani

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 pm

He played a pretty great game. We lost to the better team so it's not as if there's any one person to blame or not blame, but I wouldn't put too much of this on him.

28 points 9 assists and 6 rebounds. Can't do much better than that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:18 pm

I thought he was great today. He played within the flow of the game, got everyone involved, and made some great shots.
dwighthowardsdad

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion