Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 pm

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:

The first minute gives me chills ... i'm really gonna miss this guys when he's retired. :jam2:

Best part is the first 1:24
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: TripDub!

Postby Forward Three on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Kobe's only about 10 games away from 30,000 career points, I kind of expect it will come sooner than that though.
Forward Three

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:13 pm

kenzo wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
BicepKiss wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

Reverse that and add a "DEAL WITH IT" and we've got some grade A troll bait for when Kobe clowns on the other team.

Give it up for the .gif Master :bow:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Juronimo on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Anyone have a picture of Kobe fist bumping The Captain from Friday night's came?
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby lakers_09tv on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Kobe is having a great start to the season. I didn't think he would have been this great. Its pretty amazing actually.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby laker911 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Could he actually upset the odds and collect his second mvp?
laker911

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

If the Lakers considerably improve their record (which they should) and he keeps this level of play, then he will deserve it I believe, though we know pretty well that sometimes deserving the award isn't enough.

It will be hard for him to beat LBJ. The guy is honestly really good, and we know the media really wants to give him the award.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby XXIV on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:25 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
kenzo wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
BicepKiss wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

Reverse that and add a "DEAL WITH IT" and we've got some grade A troll bait for when Kobe clowns on the other team.

Give it up for the .gif Master :bow:

I'm just cracking up at that gif :man10:
XXIV

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:28 pm

I don't know why LeBron has to always be the "consideration" and front runner just because, even if another player ends up having a similar season he's still always considered the front runner or it's always his to lose for some reason. It's like everyone else doesn't even exist. LeBron is more popular amongst coaches as well as fans because obviously he's the best player in the league, but I don't think approaching awards with favoritism is fair to the other players. I don't see why Kobe can't win it if the Lakers have a successful season with one of the best records and Kobe still being able to perform like he has. Also Kobe doesn't have to expend so much energy as he used to so that means a little less margin for error this season. I just hope he stays focus and continues to play like he's been playing. I don't understand why he just has one GAWD DARN MVP anyway stuff doesn't make any sense, the MVP award is like this mystical offering these days, no one ever knows how it's gonna be won or why it's gonna be won but it'll be won.
Jazzygirl205

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Post game analysis with Sam Mitchell: "...here is another thing -- Kobe Bryant is 6 foot 8, so when he comes off the pick and roll..."

What's wrong with these guys? First, the NBA power rankings thinks that we're being coached by Bickerstaff and the writer is wondering why we want to replace Bernie with Mike D'Antoni :man3: -- and this guy somehow doesn't know that Kobe is really 6-5 (listed as 6-6 who knows why)...

6-8? :man3:

"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Yea 6'8 is ridiculous, but they do measure players in shoes so 6'6 sounds about right.
XXIV

Postby XXIV on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:15 pm

A post I came across on another board, really does make you appreciate Kobe Bryant even more:

kblo247 wrote:
Hakeem, Magic, Michael, Bill, Larry, Shaq, Tim, KG and so on. Kobe has outlasted them. He's played more minutes in the season and playoffs. He's been asked to be the main facilitator, scorer, and defender on his teams, unlike them because of roster ineptitude.

His peers at his position a decade ago were AI, T-Mac, Vince, Ray, Rip, Manu, and later on Wade yet most are out the league or greatly reduced role guys. Kobe however has had the longest prime of any wing player in history

Kobes longevity even if he retired tomorrow can only compare to Malone and Kareem, because statistically no perimeter player has ever had such an extended prime, some have had higher peaks, but not been 25-5-5 for a decade without their minutes protected or responsibilities greatly reduced. Fact is he's truly special, a pride to have in a Laker uni, whether you like him or not personally because you know he gives his all to the job even in the offseason and always has.
XXIV

Postby LakerLegacy24 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Juronimo wrote:Anyone have a picture of Kobe fist bumping The Captain from Friday night's came?

Awesome moment! :jam2:
"Kobe Bryant, we are not worthy of your greatness." -Rick Kamla
LakerLegacy24

Postby kblo247 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

XXIV wrote:A post I came across on another board, really does make you appreciate Kobe Bryant even more:

kblo247 wrote:
Hakeem, Magic, Michael, Bill, Larry, Shaq, Tim, KG and so on. Kobe has outlasted them. He's played more minutes in the season and playoffs. He's been asked to be the main facilitator, scorer, and defender on his teams, unlike them because of roster ineptitude.

His peers at his position a decade ago were AI, T-Mac, Vince, Ray, Rip, Manu, and later on Wade yet most are out the league or greatly reduced role guys. Kobe however has had the longest prime of any wing player in history

Kobes longevity even if he retired tomorrow can only compare to Malone and Kareem, because statistically no perimeter player has ever had such an extended prime, some have had higher peaks, but not been 25-5-5 for a decade without their minutes protected or responsibilities greatly reduced. Fact is he's truly special, a pride to have in a Laker uni, whether you like him or not personally because you know he gives his all to the job even in the offseason and always has.

Thanks that's me on every forum (RGM, PSD) but LTB (kblo-24_7 also my psn)
kblo247

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 pm

LakerLegacy24 wrote:
Juronimo wrote:Anyone have a picture of Kobe fist bumping The Captain from Friday night's came?

Awesome moment! :jam2:

:bow: :jam2: :jam2:
Lakerjones

Postby OX1947 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 am

Kobe was listed at 6'7 when he had his fro.
OX1947

Postby jayy_zee on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 am

amazing that this thread is only 384 pages and created almost 4 years ago but the dwight howard thread is over 700 pages and was created last year. lol :man4:
jayy_zee

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 am

^We've become numb to greatness.
Frank Dux

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:32 am

jayy_zee wrote:amazing that this thread is only 384 pages and created almost 4 years ago but the dwight howard thread is over 700 pages and was created last year. lol :man4:

Howard is just more loved by CL members :man9:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:58 am

Though I cannot imagine how many pages would this have on 2004, or even in 2007.
Magic Skywalker

Postby Forward Three on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:04 am

It's not surprising, we're generally in agreement that Kobe is amazing and whatever arguments do crop up from time to time don't go very far because at this point arguing that Kobe isn't amazing is blotting out reality. There's plenty of things to nitpick or criticize about his game at times and those will come up as they come up but overall you can only say the same things so many times.

Compare it to something like Dwight coming to LA which is generally seen as a positive move but is still inherently more controversial(in the strictest sense of the term) and liable to generate discussion and arguments from people who have different opinions about his player profile, how he'll fit on the team, etc...

Tack on that the forum simply sees more activity today than it did 4 years ago, and it's not too difficult to see how it would play out that way. Didn't Lebron's thread in NBA General have hundreds of pages as well?
Forward Three

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 am

The main reason is because of the Dwightmare. That generated way too many rumors and things to discuss... that and the fact we had another great center in Bynum, so comparisons were inevitable.

Since this thread was created, Kobe has been in no rumors. It's been kinda like a given he'll be a Laker for life, so he isn't even in the most stupid trade rumors.

That limits this post to "great game by Kobe" or "he's shooting way too much."
Magic Skywalker

Postby lakerzkb8 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:27 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I don't know why LeBron has to always be the "consideration" and front runner just because, even if another player ends up having a similar season he's still always considered the front runner or it's always his to lose for some reason. It's like everyone else doesn't even exist. LeBron is more popular amongst coaches as well as fans because obviously he's the best player in the league, but I don't think approaching awards with favoritism is fair to the other players. I don't see why Kobe can't win it if the Lakers have a successful season with one of the best records and Kobe still being able to perform like he has. Also Kobe doesn't have to expend so much energy as he used to so that means a little less margin for error this season. I just hope he stays focus and continues to play like he's been playing. I don't understand why he just has one GAWD DARN MVP anyway stuff doesn't make any sense, the MVP award is like this mystical offering these days, no one ever knows how it's gonna be won or why it's gonna be won but it'll be won.

It's because he's the best player in the league, putting up the best stats, and his teams are consistently on top of the Eastern conference. He's efficient too. If he went 4 games shooting below 50% it would be news. Kobe needs to put up 25-5-5 on 50+ shooting, and get that #1 seed then he should get the MVP. The West is tougher then the East.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:37 am

lakerzkb8 wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:I don't know why LeBron has to always be the "consideration" and front runner just because, even if another player ends up having a similar season he's still always considered the front runner or it's always his to lose for some reason. It's like everyone else doesn't even exist. LeBron is more popular amongst coaches as well as fans because obviously he's the best player in the league, but I don't think approaching awards with favoritism is fair to the other players. I don't see why Kobe can't win it if the Lakers have a successful season with one of the best records and Kobe still being able to perform like he has. Also Kobe doesn't have to expend so much energy as he used to so that means a little less margin for error this season. I just hope he stays focus and continues to play like he's been playing. I don't understand why he just has one GAWD DARN MVP anyway stuff doesn't make any sense, the MVP award is like this mystical offering these days, no one ever knows how it's gonna be won or why it's gonna be won but it'll be won.

It's because he's the best player in the league, putting up the best stats, and his teams are consistently on top of the Eastern conference. He's efficient too. If he went 4 games shooting below 50% it would be news. Kobe needs to put up 25-5-5 on 50+ shooting, and get that #1 seed then he should get the MVP. The West is tougher then the East.

The problem is, Kobe's doing this now, and there's still no mention of him even being second in voting. Yet you hear before the season's even started that LeBron has the best season and the best game evar seen in the world ever. Come to think of it, with that much hubris it's a miracle the basketball gods haven't left him looking like this poor fellow.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby thkthebest on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 am

^That's because of our record. LeBron wasn't in the top 2 when the Heat had a 9-8 record either. Once the Lakers record starts looking more like 10-5, Kobe and/or Dwight will start being in the top 3.
My signature
thkthebest

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion