Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: "Flu like symptoms"

Postby trodgers on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:55 pm

^ No, I just gave you the stats. Dwight has MORE touches than Gasol and MORE touches per 36 minutes on the court. Maybe Dwight should have even more, but a reasonable person could read what you wrote and suppose you were saying that Gasol gets more touches than Dwight. That's not obviously true.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 pm

I was fascinated watching Kobe's post game interview last night because I had really never seen him so adamantly disgusted with part of his own game. He really knew and said that those 10 turnovers we as big of a reason why we lost then the missed free throws.

When asked if he'll remember this loss because of the 20 missed free throws: Kobe said no because I am look at my own game and say that I didn't give our team 10 shots because I turned the ball over. I have to take care of my own responsibilities; the ball is something I can control. I have to minimize my own mistakes and I played in a crowd too much.

The interview was refreshing to me not because Kobe never thinks he does anything wrong, but we hardly see Kobe this honest and upset about an aspect of his game.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/121127bryant
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 pm

^Good interview, nice to see Kobe take responsibility. As long as he knows he is turning it over too much, it is good news because we know he will try to bounce back. Nice to see him take a lot of the blame. It's what a leader should do.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:I was fascinated watching Kobe's post game interview last night because I had really never seen him so adamantly disgusted with part of his own game. He really knew and said that those 10 turnovers we as big of a reason why we lost then the missed free throws.

When asked if he'll remember this loss because of the 20 missed free throws: Kobe said no because I am look at my own game and say that I didn't give our team 10 shots because I turned the ball over. I have to take care of my own responsibilities; the ball is something I can control. I have to minimize my own mistakes and I played in a crowd too much.

The interview was refreshing to me not because Kobe never thinks he does anything wrong, but we hardly see Kobe this honest and upset about an aspect of his game.

and people here are mad because we say the truth?? even kobe admitted it.. stop being kobe homers. i was once and i love him as a player but sometimes you need to tell the truth and he said it himself
Maluco Beleza

Postby LOSLAKERS on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Lol let's be real here... Kobe doesn't actually blame himself for the loss. Does it eat at him that he turned it over 10 times? Yes, but he puts the real blame on the guys that shot 12-64 and 12-40 from the line. How would it look to everyone AND his own teammates if he just called them out again when he had a big flaw (although not as big) in 10 turnovers? He's taking the higher road and it's better for everyone in the long run. Why would he want to build animosity already with Dwight (who is a TERRIBLE free throw shooter and one of the blames on the game was freethrows) who's been here for like 2 months? 28 FREE throws is a higher percentage than 10 possessions any day. Anything can happen in 10 possessions. Yes you could hit 10 threes but let's be realistic. You might not even get off 10 shots. Someone else could have turned it over, 3 second call, offensive foul, missed shot etc. Missing 28 free throws on the other hand shouldn't happen.
LOSLAKERS

Postby KJ MonK on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 pm

trodgers wrote:I'm not blown away by 40 points.

Shows how blessed Lakers fans are :man10: 113 times!
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:23 pm

KJ MonK wrote:
trodgers wrote:I'm not blown away by 40 points.

Shows how blessed Lakers fans are :man10: 113 times!

seriously....... haha
Battle Tested20

Postby Murdock on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 am

jbiggs wrote:sure kobe sometime may shoot too much and turn it over too much, but at least i know he brings it every game. i have no problem with him shooting over pretty much anyone else we have lol

he brings it every night but don't you guys really see the pattern here? Most of the time Kobe decides to play Kobe-ball his team-mates are out of sync because of it ... if you know your team mate won't pass you the ball you really get down ...

we have saying back home which you really can't translate but roughly you can say: too much is also bad ...

when he tries too much all by himself instead of initiating offense the offense we tend to lose and Kobe usually ends up with below .500 FG% and too many turnorvers ...
Murdock

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 am

Great series of posts by Trodgers and TIME these few last pages.
Real analysis and reason over wild, impulsive & frequently false statements. Love to see it.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 am

Kobe didn't make any excuses, he realizes his turnover problems...

Kobe Bryant baffled by his turnovers

Kobe Bryant walks off the court as his team trails 79-77 after a basket by the Pacers' George Hill with less than a second on the game clock. (Harry How / Getty Images / November 27, 2012)

By Eric Pincus

November 28, 2012, 6:43 a.m.
Kobe Bryant sounded a mess after the Lakers dropped to 7-8, losing at home to the Indiana Pacers.

Bryant overcame a cold to drop 40 points on the Pacers, hitting a big three-pointer with 24.5 seconds left to tie the game at 77. George Hill's driving layup with 0.1 second left Bryant sick and downtrodden in the locker room answering questions.

"[b]It was a tough game for us," said Bryant. "I've got to minimize my mistakes. Ten turnovers are way too many for me, so I have to work on perfecting that and bringing that down."
The Lakers had 21 turnovers as a team, nearly half from Bryant, who played almost 44 minutes.

"It boggles my mind that I had 10 turnovers," said Bryant. "My responsibility is to pick everybody up. It doesn't matter if we miss 20 free throws, we still could have won the game. The fact is we had 10 possessions where we couldn't get looks at the basket because I turned it over."The Lakers did miss 20 free throws. A running theme in losses has been turnovers and free throws.The theory is that a healthy return from Steve Nash (leg) will change all that, and it very well might, but when exactly will Nash return? He's still out indefinitely and while he's been tremendous throughout his career at the line, Nash can't shoot for Dwight Howard.

For now Bryant is the de facto-point guard, with Steve Blake out (abdominal strain) and the Lakers getting intermittent production from Darius Morris and Chris Duhon.

"I'm just tired," said Bryant, clearing his throat and coughing throughout his postgame chat.

Just 6-4 at home and 1-4 on the road, the Lakers as a team look tired and that's not a good place to be just 15 games into the season.

They'll host the Denver Nuggets on Friday and Orlando Magic on Sunday before a road-heavy December.

Nash may be able to cure some of the Lakers' ills but when there's no telling when he'll have the legs to do so.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 4350.story

[/b]
Jazzygirl205

Postby MC on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:58 am

Murdock wrote:
jbiggs wrote:sure kobe sometime may shoot too much and turn it over too much, but at least i know he brings it every game. i have no problem with him shooting over pretty much anyone else we have lol

he brings it every night but don't you guys really see the pattern here? Most of the time Kobe decides to play Kobe-ball his team-mates are out of sync because of it ... if you know your team mate won't pass you the ball you really get down ...

we have saying back home which you really can't translate but roughly you can say: too much is also bad ...

when he tries too much all by himself instead of initiating offense the offense we tend to lose and Kobe usually ends up with below .500 FG% and too many turnorvers ...

Bryant is playing out of position right now because of injuries....... MDA's system relies on a play making, rock pounding guard to probe and create out of high screen P&R action ...... so without Nash and Blake available who would you like to be the ball pounder/playmaker right now? ............ that is the problem.

MDA realistically can't be judged until he gets Nash back.............. but lets not get all over Bryant right now while he is playing way too many minutes for a 34 yr old 2 guard, out of position and than last night sick on top of that. 10 TO is way too much, no doubt, but this is not what Bryant is suppose to do within an offense in any system....he's not a PG.

It was questionable whether the Lakers have the roster to run MDA ball when healthy....... let alone missing the one guy they just can't afford to miss within Pringles "genius" offensive system. I'm being sarcastic when I say genius...... I can be a genius offensive mind too if I had Nash running an offense for me most of my NBA career. My question is when did Pringles show his genius without Nash or a SuperStar rock pounder? I think we all know the answer to that.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:26 am

Hes a SG asked to play both PG and SG, its incredibly hard, especially when the rest of the team goes 1 for 17 from 3 point range...think about it. Kobe went 5/11 from 3s rest went 1 for 17, thats just some pathetic shooting

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 am

Isn't that crazy? He needs 100 points to reach 30k :man4:

Next 3 games are

vs DEN
vs ORL
@ HOU

then

@NOH
@OKC

Usually when Kobe reaches a milestone we lose, so I hope he gets it on the Hornets games because I would hate to lose to Durant or Harden

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby purp n gold on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:15 am

Just about everything as been said about Kobe's performance & the team's shooting on Tuesday. Kobe himself admitted that the turnovers were costly, and he's owed up to it.

That being said I'm ready to forget about this game completely. Friday couldn't come soon enough!
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Murdock on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 am

MC wrote:
Murdock wrote:

Bryant is playing out of position right now because of injuries....... MDA's system relies on a play making, rock pounding guard to probe and create out of high screen P&R action ...... so without Nash and Blake available who would you like to be the ball pounder/playmaker right now? ............ that is the problem.

MDA realistically can't be judged until he gets Nash back.............. but lets not get all over Bryant right now while he is playing way too many minutes for a 34 yr old 2 guard, out of position and than last night sick on top of that. 10 TO is way too much, no doubt, but this is not what Bryant is suppose to do within an offense in any system....he's not a PG.

It was questionable whether the Lakers have the roster to run MDA ball when healthy....... let alone missing the one guy they just can't afford to miss within Pringles "genius" offensive system. I'm being sarcastic when I say genius...... I can be a genius offensive mind too if I had Nash running an offense for me most of my NBA career. My question is when did Pringles show his genius without Nash or a SuperStar rock pounder? I think we all know the answer to that.

problem is Kobe is making stupid turnovers that has nothing to do with him being out of position ...
Murdock

Postby Sirron on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 am

bolder is better :man3:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby MC on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Murdock - playing out of position certainly does matter........... especially when your COACH is asking you to be essentially a rock pounding PG and creator which is exactly what you are complaining about.

I agree with you again, 10 TO is way too much no matter what but my main contention is this.......... this is exactly what the coach and FO is asking for when bringing in MDA......... if Nash, who is a natural PG, is not the rock pounding guard in his system with this roster it becomes exactly what we are seeing right now. MDA is no offensive genius............ Nash will be the genius if any is displayed this season from this group.

This will look a lot different and better with Nash but can we depend on Nash all year playing heavy minutes...... if not expect more of what you are calling "Kobe Ball"...... I call it MDA playing Bryant as a PG ball.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:27 pm

^ how can we say MDA is the problem if Pau is not posting up thats one big piece of the Big 3 thats been struggling heavily. He lets players play to their strengths but Pau wont even bother posting up...that problem has been happening since 2011 season under Phil, last year under Brown and now under MDA is as well.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakerzkb8 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:51 pm

100 points away from 30,000 points. Thats an incredible milestone.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby trodgers on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:I was fascinated watching Kobe's post game interview last night because I had really never seen him so adamantly disgusted with part of his own game. He really knew and said that those 10 turnovers we as big of a reason why we lost then the missed free throws.

and people here are mad because we say the truth?? even kobe admitted it.. stop being kobe homers. i was once and i love him as a player but sometimes you need to tell the truth and he said it himself

Please review site rules for referring to groups of people:

http://www.clublakers.com/site-rules/rules-for-referring-fan-groups-opposing-view-points-t83987.html
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Are people still debating this? Kobe had one "sub par" game. You can't even call it bad because he kept us in it in the first quarter and in the 4th as well. The rest of the team shot what was it, 5-35 (?) and you blame Kobe?!?! Lol wow. Truly are spoiled with what we have...
King of Clutch

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:42 pm

^ Slow day and practice hasn't ended today so nothing new to talk about yet.
Battle Tested20

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:28 pm

2013 is the year of the snake :jam2:
Ariza3

Postby kobebryant248 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:47 pm

King of Clutch wrote:Are people still debating this? Kobe had one "sub par" game. You can't even call it bad because he kept us in it in the first quarter and in the 4th as well. The rest of the team shot what was it, 5-35 (?) and you blame Kobe?!?! Lol wow. Truly are spoiled with what we have...

totally agree. absolut disgusting fake fans who blame this loss on kobe. shame on all you so called fans :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:04 pm

^^^Breaking News: Kobe is a fake fan and should be ashamed of himself.

"It was a tough game for us," said Bryant. "I've got to minimize my mistakes. Ten turnovers are way too many for me, so I have to work on perfecting that and bringing that down."

The Lakers had 21 turnovers as a team, nearly half from Bryant, who played almost 44 minutes.

"It boggles my mind that I had 10 turnovers," said Bryant. "My responsibility is to pick everybody up. It doesn't matter if we miss 20 free throws, we still could have won the game. The fact is we had 10 possessions where we couldn't get looks at the basket because I turned it over."
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion