Kobe, don't be so obvious

Re: Kobe, don't be so obvious

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 pm

It's a nice little story for the media to milk and to write / talk about, but once again, nothing more than reaching / making something out of nothing. It's unfortunate, but it'll sell, which is the goal of all of this.. First Take, ESPN articles, LA Times maybe... The fault is in the reader/listener IMO. Stop paying attention to this crap.

I agree with most of you guys (snake eyes, avenged24, etc) btw
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby last stand on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:02 pm

lol seems totally plausible that a one-legged kobe was sitting in the lockerroom, saw the ejection, and basically had the time to think

"hmm should i go out there and mark my territory" and get out there in the 30 seconds or so it took for dwight to leave the court

pretty plausible
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby JGC on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I think Kobe saw that as the low point in the game (as if that game could have a low point) and thought it might be a small boost to the crowd and team. Not to get them to rally per se but just to make them feel a little better about an otherwise horrific postseason.
JGC

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 pm

:man10: What a ridiculous thread. Kobe came out to give the crowd something to cheer for and to support his teammates at the end. You could see on his face it was killing him that they were going out like that and that he couldn't be out there. He gave some encouragement to the young guards, he gave Pau a little 'pat on the back', I assumed for having to be the lone star out there taking a beating with that D-League team, a little encouragement, a little support, nothing more.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Again: I was at the game.

It was clear that Kobe thought the team could use his presence on the bench as a way to get excited about the game. It didn't work.

The crowd loved it though.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 am

id go with just wanting to inspire the team or really just give the crowd something to cheer for knowing the game was over and they paid big $ to see something.
Ariza3

Postby dreegking on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 am

Agree with last post, but...
Kobe came out so he wouldn't punch Howard in the face. Who gets kicked out of the final game when your team is starting the 5 th and 6 th guard and starting the 5th forward. I mean what a flicking tool. I hate Howard. Highly overrated and a pimp. I hope he takes his act elsewhere.
dreegking

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 am

This is ridiculous. :bang:
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion