Kobe/Dwight exchage words after PHI loss(report denied p1&2)

Re: Kobe & Dwight got into a heated exchage after Loss vs PHI

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 am

Sources Deny Reported Incident Between Kobe, Dwight

Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News reports sources indicate that Dwight Howard had to be restrained from going after Kobe Bryant following a loss by the Los Angeles Lakers to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Bryant reportedly agreed with criticisms of Howard from Shaquille O'Neal that he is soft.

Sources tell RealGM that the incident categorically did not happen.

Sources also tell ESPN's Ramona Shelburne that there was no such incident.

Via Jarrod Rudolph/RealGM

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225446/Sources_Deny_Reported_Incident_Between_Kobe_Dwight
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Balance&Options24 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 am

New York media trying to stir things up.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Didn't anybody read that they didn't actully have an altercation and it was nothing more than a talk? Reaad before you post...

2 sides to a story, just like Kobe-Shaq never got into it right before the rape case?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 am

1. Dwight's own mouthpiece says that it never happened along with Shelbourne who has a TON of connections into that locker room.

And 2. Like KB24 said, if it happened then it happened after a loss when tempers are high. Dwight played pretty poorly that game, I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe made a snappy comment at him about it.

And more importantly 3. Ever since that game, Dwight's played pretty well. He controlled the boards last night and over the last two games he's missing less easy buckets. If that exchange DID happen, it was an "in the locker room, in the moment" event and it's done.

Here's Dwight's quote from the last game:
“Stay together. Play with a sense of urgency. The biggest thing is that we have got to stay together. We can’t let the tough times that we are in right now make us fold, make us point the finger at each other. We have just got to continue to stay together.”
http://www.nba.com/lakers/gameday/130106_gameday_nuggets

Taken directly from the Lakers.com official page. Let's try to stay together? I mean c'mon, let the media blow this up, but if you're a Laker fan try not to start throwing people under the buss and point fingers. Have some dignity people.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby snackdaddy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 am

Its becoming obvious that this isn't going to work. The Lakers are not even a playoff team much less a championship team. So if there is even a shred of evidence that Dwight might not sign on after this season, why not trade him for draft picks?

They gave them up to try and build one now. It didn't work. It was a nice try. Don't dig the hole any deeper by hanging on to something that doesn't work. Start rebuilding the team and Dwight Howard is a nice trade piece for that.

In the meantime, after Kobe's contract is up next year, he signs a smaller two year deal and chases the all time scoring title. I see nothing wrong with that while we wait for the team to build another title contender.

Plus, lets not forget how the other owners made it clear they are tired of the Lakers winning all the time. The Lakers lay low for a couple years, and they quietly build another contender. Then make that big trade when no one expects it and boom! Another title run. Anybody with me on this? :jam2:
snackdaddy

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 am

If Dwight or Kobe has to go, i say bye bye Kobe. Dwight is the future. The guy is at about 75% and still probably the best center in the game. We haven't even seen the best of Dwight. As good as Kobe is, he's the past or soon to be. I care more about the welfare of the team than one player.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 am

life sucks
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 am

More from Ramona Shelbourne regarding our locker room vibe/chemistry:

Is the chemistry in the Lakers locker room good? No. But I wouldn't say it's bad either. Everything is just tense because they keep losing.

In other words, this team is not "tight." And when you struggle, it helps to be tight.

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 am

^ Thank you. It's the fact that their losing. It's hard to get a good feeling when the team isn't doing well, that's nature.

Is anyone actually reading the truth here? Or are they just coming in here and spouting nonsense because of the title?...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:If Dwight or Kobe has to go, i say bye bye Kobe. Dwight is the future. The guy is at about 75% and still probably the best center in the game. We haven't even seen the best of Dwight. As good as Kobe is, he's the past or soon to be. I care more about the welfare of the team than one player.

I am shocked, shocked that you of all people would want to get rid of Kobe.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:22 am

I wouldn't read into this too much. At least we get this all out the way now to see if Dwight fits in this town with all of the expectations & pressure placed on him.
dwighthowardsdad

Re: Kobe/Dwight exchage words after PHI loss(report denied p1&2)

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 am

I want to see who thought it was BS when it was reported that Dwight didn't want to come here because of Kobe's pecking order conversation.

Also, for those referencing Jarrod Rudolph (aka Dwight's mouthpiece). Has he ever reported anything negative about Dwight? Or is he Dwight's spin doctor so to speak?
JGC

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 am

khmrP wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Didn't anybody read that they didn't actully have an altercation and it was nothing more than a talk? Reaad before you post...

2 sides to a story, just like Kobe-Shaq never got into it right before the rape case?

Dwight is not the type of dude to go after kobe & someone having to physically hold him back.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 am

JGC wrote:I want to see who thought it was BS when it was reported that Dwight didn't want to come here because of Kobe's pecking order conversation.

Also, for those referencing Jarrod Rudolph (aka Dwight's mouthpiece). Has he ever reported anything negative about Dwight? Or is he Dwight's spin doctor so to speak?

He's Dwight's mouthpiece, he has been since Orlando. When Dwight was unhappy he wasn't afraid to talk about it. Why would he lie about it now that he's in LA?

There's no reason to doubt anything that's being reported by the reputable sources in Shelbourne and Rudolph and EVERY reason to doubt a New York Daily News source who is 3000 miles away.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:33 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Dwight is not the type of dude to go after kobe & someone having to physically hold him back.

Also, let's consider the source: The NY media. A group that not only has a reputation for exaggerating & fabricating, but also has an agenda in play here, which is to see Dwight wind up in Brooklyn after all.

Not the most trustworthy media outlet in this issue.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:42 am

You guys are hating Dwight now because of the media. Kobe/Shaq all over again, cool. Be fans of the team not of 1 player (kobe)

GoldenKnight

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 am

therealdeal wrote:
JGC wrote:I want to see who thought it was BS when it was reported that Dwight didn't want to come here because of Kobe's pecking order conversation.

He's Dwight's mouthpiece, he has been since Orlando. When Dwight was unhappy he wasn't afraid to talk about it. Why would he lie about it now that he's in LA?

There's no reason to doubt anything that's being reported by the reputable sources in Shelbourne and Rudolph and EVERY reason to doubt a New York Daily News source who is 3000 miles away.

Just wondering exactly what he is. Does he report objectively on Dwight? Or is he kind of a personal PR person for Dwight? If it's the latter, I'm not sure I'll always believe it when they say "there's nothing to see here"!

I'm not necessarily saying he's lying, I'm just saying that if he only ever says positive things about Dwight, then he's not really reporting, per se. So maybe this altercaton DID happen, but it wasn't teammates that held D12 back, it was... one teammate and so now he can truthfully invalidate the story as not true.
JGC

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 am

Isn't the NY Daily News the same tabloid Peter Vescey works for?

Yeah, I'm not buying it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:56 am

TIME wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:If Dwight or Kobe has to go, i say bye bye Kobe. Dwight is the future. The guy is at about 75% and still probably the best center in the game. We haven't even seen the best of Dwight. As good as Kobe is, he's the past or soon to be. I care more about the welfare of the team than one player.

I am shocked, shocked that you of all people would want to get rid of Kobe.

It's not that one would WANT to get rid of Kobe, it's thinking about the future for the franchise. Dwight is 27 years old & as stated still the best C with only 75% health, by next season he should be 100% & Kobe will be 35. Do you care more about Kobe Bryant or the Lakers moving forward?

GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:58 am

@MagicJohnson: .@DwightHoward has to stop complaining and start dominating on offense....@PauGasol has to stop playing soft and get back to 18pts & 10rebs!

:man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 pm

JGC wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Just wondering exactly what he is. Does he report objectively on Dwight? Or is he kind of a personal PR person for Dwight? If it's the latter, I'm not sure I'll always believe it when they say "there's nothing to see here"!

I already explained his role in Diwght's PR campaigns. There's no reason for Rudolph to blow this under the rug. He is Dwight's public mouthpiece. If Dwight was unhappy, we'd hear from him and from Dwight himself. The fact that Rudolph and Shelbourne both denied these reports, the fact that the reports come all the way from the media anus of America in New York, and the fact that no one within the Lakers organization is supporting it all point to the story being either fabricated or exaggerated.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
@MagicJohnson: .@DwightHoward has to stop complaining and start dominating on offense....@PauGasol has to stop playing soft and get back to 18pts & 10rebs!

:man1:

He should have also added The Lakers should have gotten a coach who actually cares about post players instead of floor spacing & shooting at will.

GoldenKnight

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Literally nydailynews.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm

BRECK ‏@breck_one
I'm reading reports that @kobebryant and @DwightHoward got into a heated exchange last night.

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
@breck_one not true chief. I keep it 100

BRECK ‏@breck_one
@kobebryant I've been a Kobe apologist from day one but all these reports concern me.

14 min Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant

@breck_one me 2. Gotta keep grinding. When things get hard that's when outside blame and criticism separate the group. Its a struggle
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:08 pm

^ What does any of that mean?...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion