Kobe/Dwight exchage words after PHI loss(report denied p1&2)

Re: Kobe/Dwight exchage words after PHI loss(report denied p1&2)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:13 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ What does any of that mean?...

Breck one ( Random fan I guess ?) tweeted Kobe about the altercation rumors .. Kobe said it's not true but these reports coming from the outside can separate the team ... and it would become a very tough situation
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:14 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:

Breck one ( Random fan I guess ?) tweeted Kobe about the altercation rumors .. Kobe said it's not true but these reports coming from the outside can separate the team ... and it would become a very tough situation

I can't do twitter... But I mean there you go. Even more reports from INSIDE the Lakers' locker room and INSIDE Kobe's and Dwight's camps that this thing is a non-issue.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:29 pm

why would Kobe or Dwight confirm such an altercation to the public?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:32 pm

khmrP wrote:why would Kobe or Dwight confirm such an altercation to the public?

"We had a disagreement, but you know that happens sometimes after losses. it's no big deal"

That is a totally reasonable explanation if it did happen.

And you're right, teammates shouldn't talk about it publically. But why would Rudolph and Shelbourne deny it?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:

"We had a disagreement, but you know that happens sometimes after losses. it's no big deal"

And you're right, teammates shouldn't talk about it publically. But why would Rudolph and Shelbourne deny it?

they didn't deny it, they just repeating what the answer they got from Dwight/kobe when asked the question.
khmrP

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:45 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

they didn't deny it, they just repeating what the answer they got from Dwight/kobe when asked the question.

I never heard them say their sources are the players themselves.

Ramona Shelbourne is an especially reputable source. She's on the Lakers beat and she has multiple sources categorically denying any such altercation happened. I trust her sources over a tabloid on the other coast with an agenda, but that's just me.
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby borri on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Nothing to see here folks. Move on.
borri

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Ramona Shelbourne is an especially reputable source. She's on the Lakers beat and she has multiple sources categorically denying any such altercation happened. I trust her sources over a tabloid on the other coast with an agenda, but that's just me.

well they confirmed from both parties that there was a "conversation" but for it be to a story to begin with there's more then just "conversation" they just not gona leak out all the details. I'm sure there something in the middle of this, maybe not as hardcore as the east coast guy is reporting but not as cordial "conversation" either as howard/kobe are suggesting.
khmrP

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:
JGC wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
JGC wrote:I want to see who thought it was BS when it was reported that Dwight didn't want to come here because of Kobe's pecking order conversation.

Also, for those referencing Jarrod Rudolph (aka Dwight's mouthpiece). Has he ever reported anything negative about Dwight? Or is he Dwight's spin doctor so to speak?

He's Dwight's mouthpiece, he has been since Orlando. When Dwight was unhappy he wasn't afraid to talk about it. Why would he lie about it now that he's in LA?

There's no reason to doubt anything that's being reported by the reputable sources in Shelbourne and Rudolph and EVERY reason to doubt a New York Daily News source who is 3000 miles away.

Just wondering exactly what he is. Does he report objectively on Dwight? Or is he kind of a personal PR person for Dwight? If it's the latter, I'm not sure I'll always believe it when they say "there's nothing to see here"!

I already explained his role in Diwght's PR campaigns. There's no reason for Rudolph to blow this under the rug. He is Dwight's public mouthpiece. If Dwight was unhappy, we'd hear from him and from Dwight himself. The fact that Rudolph and Shelbourne both denied these reports, the fact that the reports come all the way from the media anus of America in New York, and the fact that no one within the Lakers organization is supporting it all point to the story being either fabricated or exaggerated.

Ahhh, PR. Gotcha. Well, we know how reliable PR teams are in terms of providing the truth about the clients that pay them.

And there's plenty of reasons for a PR team to blow things like this under the rug. Listen, I'm not saying it's the truth, I'm just saying, it isn't asinine to think it might be. And just because someone's PR person says it isn't, doesn't MEAN it isn't.

You don't have all these answers TRD. I remember back in the Dwight thread you were ripping people left and right that you're done with them and this and that because they were saying Dwight wouldn't make us better defensively.

Again, I'm not arguing this has happened, but let's not necessarily blow it off either just yet.
JGC

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 pm

khmrP wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:
khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

well they confirmed from both parties that there was a "conversation" but for it be to a story to begin with there's more then just "conversation" they just not gona leak out all the details. I'm sure there something in the middle of this, maybe not as hardcore as the east coast guy is reporting but not as cordial "conversation" either as howard/kobe are suggesting.

Possibly. Although, seeing any signs of fire/life from these guys is a nice change of pace. If only we could get them to translate that into some...ANY...kind of energy on defense.

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Ramona Shelburne was there when the fight broke out between 24 & D12 she broke it up but got accidentally kicked in the face by D12's size 20 sneaker.

Last edited by hollywood swinger on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:00 pm

^Yeah, "accidentally"... :man4:
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby ElginTheGreat on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:05 pm

I need someone more reputable than the NY Daily News to confirm this for me to take it seriously.
ElginTheGreat

Postby John3:16 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:05 pm

he's keeping it 100.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:21 pm

JGC wrote:Ahhh, PR. Gotcha. Well, we know how reliable PR teams are in terms of providing the truth about the clients that pay them.

And there's plenty of reasons for a PR team to blow things like this under the rug. Listen, I'm not saying it's the truth, I'm just saying, it isn't asinine to think it might be. And just because someone's PR person says it isn't, doesn't MEAN it isn't.

You don't have all these answers TRD. I remember back in the Dwight thread you were ripping people left and right that you're done with them and this and that because they were saying Dwight wouldn't make us better defensively.

Again, I'm not arguing this has happened, but let's not necessarily blow it off either just yet.

Yes and we all know how reliable you are in finding ways to make your argument seeem reasonable, manipulating words to fit your needs.

Like I've said now in 2-3 posts in a row directed at you: Rudolph is Dwight's mouthpiece. There's no reason to assume to believe that Rudolph has any reason to lie. If and when Dwight is unhappy Rudolph isn't shy about letting it be known. If that were the case here, there's no reason to think Rudolph wouldn't tell the truth.

I felt that way in that thread because there was a lot of misinformation being thrown around. That's a different scenario anyway and has no bearing on this one.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Start kicking a** and all will be good again :jam2: Im 32 and Lakers are effing up my personal life, time to seek some help i guess :man9:
Last edited by kenzo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby phoenixrisingla on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Who knows if it happened for real.

But can anyone truthfully say they couldnt imagine this happening based on what we CAN see? :disagree:
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:02 pm

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby scissors on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:03 pm

scissors

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Super serious you guys. Seriously.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Original 81 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:05 pm

That is one of the greatest pictures ive ever seen, look at D'Antoni LMAO. :man10:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Funny picture, still seems like they don't like eachother and it's just PR to me though.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Poooky on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Well at least they are havin fun.

Just seeing that makes me confident it will all cone together at the right moment.
""I eat babies!!! Woot woot"
Poooky

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 pm

The Original 81 wrote:That is one of the greatest pictures ive ever seen, look at D'Antoni LMAO. :man10:

Kobe would get destroyed :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion