Kobe/Dwight exchage words after PHI loss(report denied p1&2)

Re: Kobe/Dwight exchage words after PHI loss(report denied p1&2)

Postby phoenixrisingla on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Weezy wrote:Funny picture, still seems like they don't like eachother and it's just PR to me though.

This. :man6:
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:13 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Weezy wrote:Funny picture, still seems like they don't like eachother and it's just PR to me though.

This. :man6:

Yeah, this is what else would they do but pose in a picture together in a locker room pretending to fight so as to draw attention away from the real fact that they're fighting?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Could be true. If they could just not like each other the way Shaq & Kobe used to, we'd be winning multiple championships...
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:15 pm

You don't do this with people you dislike, kobe especially wouldn't, I told you...you fell victim to the media's circus.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 pm

And Kobe and Dwight both posting "lol" at the end :man3:
Is Kobe that type of pearson that will type lol o.O
PR mos definetly.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:20 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:

You don't do this with people you dislike, kobe especially wouldn't, I told you...you fell victim to the media's circus.

Oh brother, seriously give me a break man. I've seen this sort of deflection before, the let's poke fun at the report so people don't believe it even though there's some truth there stunt. If they do get along, great, I'd love nothing more because then Dwight would re-sign. How do you know I'm falling victim to the media circus? Maybe you are falling victim to the Kobe and Dwight PR stunt. We've seen this before, when multiple reports are saying there's trouble behind the scenes there's usually something there. Where there is smoke there's fire, just like with Shaq and Kobe .

Lastly, it takes 2 seconds for a Lakers PR guy to walk up to a grumpy, not speaking to eachother Kobe and Dwight and say "pose for a picture to kill this story". They pose, they smile, picture is taken, they walk away in opposite directions still pissed. You buy that picture as everything is ok, great, not that simple for me.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Someone sure was in a hurry to get that posted. I was posted less than a minute after it was taken.

What's the hurry? Hmmmm.
JGC

Postby themasterphil on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Image

please can someone tell me this is a photoshop.....i really cant believe they act like this
themasterphil

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:And Kobe and Dwight both posting "lol" at the end :man3:
Is Kobe that type of pearson that will type lol o.O
PR mos definetly.

Yes he does use LOL on his facebok as well, as weird as it sounds.

GoldenKnight

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:24 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:

you seem pretty easily persuaded, Kobe has never been one to take to twitter for much of anything. I agree with Weezy 100%, deflection to calm the media.
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Weezy wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:

Oh brother, seriously give me a break man. I've seen this sort of deflection before, the let's poke fun at the report so people don't believe it even though there's some truth there stunt. If they do get along, great, I'd love nothing more because then Dwight would re-sign. How do you know I'm falling victim to the media circus? Maybe you are falling victim to the Kobe and Dwight PR stunt. We've seen this before, when multiple reports are saying there's trouble behind the scenes there's usually something there. Where there is smoke there's fire, just like with Shaq and Kobe .

Kobe & Dwight hate losing, there's tension between the whole team not something special between Kobe & Dwight. This has only surfaced as a recreation of Kobe vs Shaq. If Kobe vs Shaq didn't happen neither would the speculation Dwight vs Kobe

GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:27 pm

khmrP wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:

you seem pretty easily persuaded, Kobe has never been one to take to twitter for much of anything. I agree with Weezy 100%, deflection to calm the media.

You think players like Kobe & Dwight care about the media enough to try to make them stop writing their crap? They are poking fun at how ridiculous they sound to them. Nobody likes losing, that's the tension, not kobe vs Dwight 1 on 1.

GoldenKnight

Postby JLaker17 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:28 pm

D'Antoni looking like that in the middle pisses me off more...
JLaker17

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Weezy wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:

Lastly, it takes 2 seconds for a Lakers PR guy to walk up to a grumpy, not speaking to eachother Kobe and Dwight and say "pose for a picture to kill this story". They pose, they smile, picture is taken, they walk away in opposite directions still pissed. You buy that picture as everything is ok, great, not that simple for me.

I'm not with you at all on this one. I'm more inclined to think they had words, they got mad at each other, and they worked things out to the extent you can when you're in a s*** situation. Losing is what's between them. They're not very similar, but you don't have to be similar to be successful. I think they're fine.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:46 pm

JLaker17 wrote:D'Antoni looking like that in the middle pisses me off more...

this hole picture pisses me off.....how they can act like this in this situation is big Q...i would like to ask Mitch this Q
themasterphil

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:

I'm not with you at all on this one. I'm more inclined to think they had words, they got mad at each other, and they worked things out to the extent you can when you're in a s*** situation. Losing is what's between them. They're not very similar, but you don't have to be similar to be successful. I think they're fine.

Well like I said to GK, I hope you're right and I'm wrong, because that increases the chances of Dwight staying and our issues being able to be worked out, but I'm not convinced.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:54 pm

winning increases the chances of Dwight staying. I still don't think he goes anywhere else no matter what happens, but certainly we need to win some f***ing games. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:01 pm

all i get out of that pic is Howard is susceptible to the right hook.........

please.....

there is a problem here and the problem is not winning........ my guess is they didn't think it would be this hard and now are dealing with the reality check.

Bryant is a grouch when not winning
Howard doesn't get to play fun guy when there is no winning

= both tense and a bit of kilter
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 pm

therealdeal wrote:winning increases the chances of Dwight staying. I still don't think he goes anywhere else no matter what happens, but certainly we need to win some f***ing games. :man10:

I know he left Orlando to win, but I actually think that here in LA, getting along with everyone, having fun and being in a good working environment mean more to him staying than winning. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's just what I get out of all this. He talks about wanting to win a lot, but he talks about playing like they like eachother, alpha male stuff, not having fun, etc, just as much. He can get the most money here, he gets Hollywood, endorsements, and it's presumed winning will come for us eventually, even if it's next season, but I'm still not sure Howard being able to "have fun" doesn't trump all that, he seems like that sensitive a guy.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Weezy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:winning increases the chances of Dwight staying. I still don't think he goes anywhere else no matter what happens, but certainly we need to win some f***ing games. :man10:

I know he left Orlando to win, but I actually think that here in LA, getting along with everyone, having fun and being in a good working environment mean more to him staying than winning. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's just what I get out of all this. He talks about wanting to win a lot, but he talks about playing like they like eachother, alpha male stuff, not having fun, etc, just as much. He can get the most money here, he gets Hollywood, endorsements, and it's presumed winning will come for us eventually, even if it's next season, but I'm still not sure Howard being able to "have fun" doesn't trump all that, he seems like that sensitive a guy.

Maybe, but keep in mind he also knows this is a short term thing. He's not going to have to be here with Kobe bullying people around forever. It's 2-3 years, maybe a 4th tops, but he'll be the guy here soon enough. The Lakers will bring in a LeBron or an Irving to give him that fun again. And he'll be able to goof off a little more, he'll be a little free-er.

I do think winning is important to him. The problem is we compare everyone to Kobe and no one wants to win like Kobe does. I think it's important, it's just not the end of the world if you're not winning and if you're not having fun while you're doing it. You can't hold it against him though that he doesn't want it as much as Kobe. No one does, and I don't know if anyone ever has.

And like you said, he's a sensitive guy. Leaving here again would be another PR disaster. He's not going to want to go through that twice.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:23 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:

PR stunt? People think the Lakers brass is sitting up there in their offices all that has gone on this season and their answer to is post a picture to deflect the attention? They just found out that the 3 guys who can play center ont he team are all out for a crucial stretch and they decide to go for the kodak moment?

That is laughable. First it came from Dwight's phone. Second, Dwight and Kobe do like each other and have respect for one another. Remember, Dwight said he;s been talking to Kobe for the past couple years to help him through all the crap he went through. Maybe they had a heated exchange, I'd hope so. They are the 2 best players on their team: a team that should be 28-5 but is 15-18 instead. Of course there is going to be frustration. when they get interviewed it's usually after games when they are most vulnerable to saying the wrong things.

They've both publicly said things that are hurtful/disrespectful to the , but I gurantee they looked at this "news" and laughed at how far fetched it is. They still believe that they can win the whole thing and they probably think any day now is when they are going to turn it on Whether right or wrong, I bet they still believe in themselves and each other.
Center Court

Postby kenshi1023 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 am

where was nash? was he the camera person? :man10:
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion