Kobe: "Dwight talk is all manufactured. Get a life people"

Kobe: "Dwight talk is all manufactured. Get a life people"

Postby Jordan-esque on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:44 am

Kobe telling people to leave him and Dwight alone is deserving of it's own topic:

Kobe: "People trying to find (bleep) between me and Dwight need a life. It's manufactured. At least the Shaq stuff was warranted."

http://lakeshowlife.com/2013/02/10/kobe ... ight-talk/

"It’s really not that big of a deal. This thing (that started in Boston), they really made something out of nothing. There’s nothing I said that was out of the ordinary or that I haven’t said before in talking to him.”

“Honestly, I’m done talking about it. There’s nothing to talk about. I’m done with it. There’s nothing to discuss.”

"People trying to find (bleep) between me and Dwight need to get a life, it's silly. At least the Shaq stuff was warrranted. This is comical."

"I told Dwight that story and how people making it out to be is total (bleep)."

http://www.lakersnation.com/video-kobe- ... dl1tohasHg

“It’s conflict that is actually manufactured. I didn’t say anything wrong…I wasn’t hammering him over the head or taking a run at him.”

“I’ll own up to my (bleep) if I took a run at somebody."

After laughing that statement off, Kobe also informed reporters that although he wasn’t one to address media stories with his teammates, he did reach out to Howard to clarify that he was not calling him out, and that his quotes were taken out of context. Asked if they were able to laugh off the stories in the locker room.

“I think they’re entertaining. I have a sick sense of humor I guess.”
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Re: Kobe: "Dwight talk is all manufactured. Get a life people"

Postby JGC on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 am

This sounds like BS to me. I mean, clearly, they have on-court issues. Maybe those issues don't necessarily translate off the court the way it did with Shaq, but the fact they don't respect each other is undeniable IMO.
JGC

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 am

Don't know how it sounds like BS. Kobe has always been straight up about his criticism about teammates. He has never held punches be it Shaq, Phil or even the Buss family. Dwight may be sensitive and the media needs to have a 3-ring circus around LA to make them feel better. Dwight needs to demand respect from guys like Kobe but the only way to do so is to bring it on the court.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote: Dwight needs to demand respect from guys like Kobe but the only way to do so is to bring it on the court.

I definitely agree with this. However, I'm not sure if Dwight can really bring it right now due to injuries. But even if he can't, at least he should be able to play hard.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:40 am

karacha wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote: Dwight needs to demand respect from guys like Kobe but the only way to do so is to bring it on the court.

I definitely agree with this. However, I'm not sure if Dwight can really bring it right now due to injuries. But even if he can't, at least he should be able to play hard.

that's just it..... Dwight isn't bringing the effort. LO played with a torn labrum in both our title runs. Kobe played with broken fingers on his shooting hands. Even Pau has played with injuries that limit everything. Nash plays with a messed up back. These guys bust their *** each and every game. I can forgive a guy not shooting well (ala MWP) but I can not fathom a guy not bringing the effort every night (D12). Especially when that guy is complaining about his touches.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 am

I agree. But I think I know why he's not giving his full effort; he's most likely afraid that it might cost him a big contract later if something goes wrong with either his shoulder or his back. But you're right. People like Kobe and Nash are warriors. They played with everything aside from major bones being broken (fingers, noses and even wrists don't count :man10: ). Most players, however, are not like that. They will "rehab on company time" if you know what I mean.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 am

Chuck adding more fuel to the fire :man10:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/six ... t_up_.html
TOM MAHON, Daily News Staff Writer mahont@phillynews.com
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 2:26 AM CHARLES BARKLEY has an opinion on just about everything. And, apparently, a short memory.

On Monday, Barkley appeared on the "Dan Patrick Show" and said that Lakers center Dwight Howard should tell off meddlesome teammate Kobe Bryant.

Bryant has said on several occasions that Howard should stop complaining about playing with a shoulder injury.

"He should have already told Kobe Bryant to shut the hell up by now, or [tell him he's going to] kick his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]" Barkley said. "He should have done that by now because, as a man, there's only so many times you can call me out publicly. If you keep calling me out publicly, I've got to come back at you at some point. I think [Kobe] has crossed the line somewhat lately . . .

"At some point Dwight has to say, 'Hey man, you need to shut the hell up and get off my back. It ain't up to you. You ain't my coach.' "

Barkley must have forgotten all the times he blasted teammates throughout the years.

khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
karacha wrote:

that's just it..... Dwight isn't bringing the effort. LO played with a torn labrum in both our title runs. Kobe played with broken fingers on his shooting hands. Even Pau has played with injuries that limit everything. Nash plays with a messed up back. These guys bust their *** each and every game. I can forgive a guy not shooting well (ala MWP) but I can not fathom a guy not bringing the effort every night (D12). Especially when that guy is complaining about his touches.

I'm with you guys. All I ever expect is full effort. If the Lakers sucked, but they played their hearts out, I can't hold that against them. Kobe in Miami played his heart out, but hey he's just not as good as LeBron right now. It'd be on Mitch and the Busses to build a team that's better.

This team however, and especially Dwight, are great. They just aren't playing at full speed and that's why we're losing. Just watch a game with Dwight in Orlando compared to now and you can see how hesitant he is in comparison.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am

It might be partially manufactured, but if anyone thinks these guys are buddies, I have some ocean front property to sell you in Riveside.
phoenixrisingla

Postby KB24 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 am

Kobe is lying, simple and plain.

They show no unity whatsoever on the court, they don't high 5 eachother, they don't enjoy eachother, they don't compliment eachother....

you have to be an idiot to believe Kobe and Dwight are as close as they need to be for them to lead this team to a championship. The media wouldn't start to "manufacture" if Kobe wouldn't come to public and say "we don't have time for his shoulder to heal and he is foreign to championship mentality" and there wouldn't be a Memphis meeting...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am

khmrP wrote:Chuck adding more fuel to the fire :man10:

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 2:26 AM CHARLES BARKLEY has an opinion on just about everything. And, apparently, a short memory.

On Monday, Barkley appeared on the "Dan Patrick Show" and said that Lakers center Dwight Howard should tell off meddlesome teammate Kobe Bryant.

Bryant has said on several occasions that Howard should stop complaining about playing with a shoulder injury.

"He should have already told Kobe Bryant to shut the hell up by now, or [tell him he's going to] kick his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]" Barkley said. "He should have done that by now because, as a man, there's only so many times you can call me out publicly. If you keep calling me out publicly, I've got to come back at you at some point. I think [Kobe] has crossed the line somewhat lately . . .

"At some point Dwight has to say, 'Hey man, you need to shut the hell up and get off my back. It ain't up to you. You ain't my coach.' "

Barkley must have forgotten all the times he blasted teammates throughout the years.

Man these fools are just so happy there is turmoil in Lakers land. Barkley is an idiot. He is an idiot even when he is right about things. He is an idiot when he is wrong about things. He is an idiot when he sleeps or eats at the troph with the rest of the pigs. He is an idiot on his show, someone else show or even standing next to the Big Show. Most importantly he is moron.
puffyusaf#2

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am

KB24 wrote:Kobe is lying, simple and plain.

They show no unity whatsoever on the court, they don't high 5 eachother, they don't enjoy eachother, they don't compliment eachother....

you have to be an idiot to believe Kobe and Dwight are as close as they need to be for them to lead this team to a championship. The media wouldn't start to "manufacture" if Kobe wouldn't come to public and say "we don't have time for his shoulder to heal and he is foreign to championship mentality" and there wouldn't be a Memphis meeting...

On the sidelines during time outs, its seems like they actively avoid each other.
phoenixrisingla

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:Chuck adding more fuel to the fire :man10:

Man these fools are just so happy there is turmoil in Lakers land. Barkley is an idiot. He is an idiot even when he is right about things. He is an idiot when he is wrong about things. He is an idiot when he sleeps or eats at the troph with the rest of the pigs. He is an idiot on his show, someone else show or even standing next to the Big Show. Most importantly he is moron.

Barkley has been spewing this same garbage for days now.

Anyone who has listened to him over the years knows he's not a big lakers guy, and doesnt seem to like/respect Kobe much in particular.
phoenixrisingla

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 am

I disagree. A couple of things. First, the media would manufacture anything because Lakers/Kobe gets hits. Turmoil in LA gets hits. Its like Lindsey Lohan or Brittany going to court.... It makes news.

These guys aren't buddies but that doesn't need to be the case to win. Magic and Kareem weren't buddies. MJ hated everybody. Kobe, to his fault at times, only steps up for teammates who bring it. They don't have to be great but they have to bring it. He supports guys who give effort which is something D12 has rarely done so far this season. When he has you have seen Kobe support him.
puffyusaf#2

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 am

Barkley is such a morron! :man10:
denimPortugal

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:37 am

Agree completely.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:

Agree completely.

Why do they have to be close? Kobe and Shaq weren't close and they wont 3 rings. They might have been close for one of them.

They don't have to be best friends, they just have to play hard together. And what's crazy is if Dwight played hard, he'd BE Kobe's best friend. It's that simple really.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:05 pm

therealdeal wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:

Agree completely.

Why do they have to be close? Kobe and Shaq weren't close and they wont 3 rings. They might have been close for one of them.

They don't have to be best friends, they just have to play hard together. And what's crazy is if Dwight played hard, he'd BE Kobe's best friend. It's that simple really.

I cannot agree with this. IMO being close is and has been that way in most sports almost all the time. You are not seriously comparing a prime Shaq and young Kobe with an old Kobe and a gimpy Howard? Also you aren't comparing the ZEN's ability to manage egos with D'Antoni? are you?. The Lakers of the 2000s had amazing role players and even though Shaq and Kobe weren't friends, everyone else got along just fine and they had great role players who embraced their roles. Except for Clark nobody on this team is happy with his role. Most importantly the 2000s Lakers lucked out with a one in a lifetime coach: the ZEN master.

To win you need to have chemistry in 99% of the cases. Every NBA champion except for the Shaq/Kobe in the last 15 years have had superb chemistry. Exception proves the rule. If your top players can't stand eachother, your chances to win are minuscule. I'm tired of hearing "they just have to play hard" together. As you see they cannot play hard without chemistry. So it isn't that simple...actually its not simple at all. It might be for a day or a week or a streak but its usually not going to be durable.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 pm

^^^Yup this type of "chemistry" or lack there off is easily fractured with losing, fingers will be pointed and resentment will settle in
khmrP

Postby KB24 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:12 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

I disagree. A couple of things. First, the media would manufacture anything because Lakers/Kobe gets hits. Turmoil in LA gets hits. Its like Lindsey Lohan or Brittany going to court.... It makes news.

These guys aren't buddies but that doesn't need to be the case to win. Magic and Kareem weren't buddies. MJ hated everybody. Kobe, to his fault at times, only steps up for teammates who bring it. They don't have to be great but they have to bring it. He supports guys who give effort which is something D12 has rarely done so far this season. When he has you have seen Kobe support him.

The Showtime Lakers or the Bulls had supreme talent, great role players who embraced their roles.
Ya the 2 best players don't need to be BFFs in order to win but it certainly doesn't hurt.
Westbrick and Durant probably aren't best friends either but they get along fine, they don't diss eachother through the media....you can win a championship without great love between your alpha males but that is if you have an amazing coach, great role players that embrace their roles, 2 of the most dominant players ever and some luck. The Lakers have issues. Its not like Kobe and Dwight don't go to cinema together, its the fact that neither believes the other can help him. They don't connect on the court and they obviously haven't been able to get long just fine. It can work but its stupid, unlikely and very very rare unless as I said...you have so much talent that it doesn't matter. Can't say I feel that way when I see a lot of aging stars and a bunch of scrubs.

Looking at the results.....they kind of prove the point that their lack of chemistry and companionship has taken a toll on the team's performance. If they were winning, I could accept the lack of chemistry. But if there is one thing that is easy to fix its chemistry...it isn't running faster or jumping higher.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm

I agree with this, where there's smoke there's fire. I see no way this is all media manufactured, too many stories, too many real quotes, too much evidence on the court pointing to something real. And no, they don have to be friends, but they do have to have chemistry on the court and respect eachother as players out there, something Magic and Kareem did and Shaq and Kobe did when we were winning, and I don't see that with Kobe and Dwight.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:56 pm

i agree with everything KB24 has said in this thread.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby JGC on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Don't know how it sounds like BS. Kobe has always been straight up about his criticism about teammates. He has never held punches be it Shaq, Phil or even the Buss family. Dwight may be sensitive and the media needs to have a 3-ring circus around LA to make them feel better. Dwight needs to demand respect from guys like Kobe but the only way to do so is to bring it on the court.

You honestly think the statement that the "Dwight talk is all manufactured" is 100% true?

Kobe's lying. It's clear as day.

Not that I really blame him for it mind you but to say it is "all" (meaning 100%) manufactured is a lie and frankly, not really accepting either responsibility or reality.
JGC

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:33 pm

KB24 wrote:I cannot agree with this. IMO being close is and has been that way in most sports almost all the time. You are not seriously comparing a prime Shaq and young Kobe with an old Kobe and a gimpy Howard? Also you aren't comparing the ZEN's ability to manage egos with D'Antoni? are you?. The Lakers of the 2000s had amazing role players and even though Shaq and Kobe weren't friends, everyone else got along just fine and they had great role players who embraced their roles. Except for Clark nobody on this team is happy with his role. Most importantly the 2000s Lakers lucked out with a one in a lifetime coach: the ZEN master.

To win you need to have chemistry in 99% of the cases. Every NBA champion except for the Shaq/Kobe in the last 15 years have had superb chemistry. Exception proves the rule. If your top players can't stand eachother, your chances to win are minuscule. I'm tired of hearing "they just have to play hard" together. As you see they cannot play hard without chemistry. So it isn't that simple...actually its not simple at all. It might be for a day or a week or a streak but its usually not going to be durable.

I'm not comparing their ability, just stating the fact that it doesn't have to be that way. You can be great teammates without being great friends. You can have fantastic chemistry on the court with someone you don't really like. It happens all the time.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 pm

First of all, this is the 3rd thread with these quotes and this discussion.

The on-court basketball chemistry isn't there. Kobe adjusted his game. Nash adjusted. Pau adjusted. Jamison is playing a bench role. Metta is being asked to play a role, period. These are all adjustments.

Has Dwight adjusted? No.

Was the drama manufactured? Definitely possible.

Actually, Kobe and Dwight do high-five each other. I've seen it several times over the last handful of games since the Memphis team meeting.

Can you win titles without liking each other? Yes.

Just because today's dominant team example stems from the bromance between LeBron and Wade doesn't mean it's the formula for success. Keep in mind, they only have 1 ring. I never heard reports of Parker, Ginobli & Duncan professing their undying love for one another.
Chillbongo

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion