To #1_Kobe_Fan: about gary payton and bucks

To #1_Kobe_Fan: about gary payton and bucks

Postby OG on Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:26 pm

#1 kOBE fAN, YOU R STILL MISSING THE POINT!

THE BUCKS HAVE NO CONTROLL OVER WHERE GARY GOES EFFECTIVE AS OF JULY 1ST, WHEN HE BECOMES AN UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT

SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY CANT COMPREHEND WHAT EXACTLY IT IS TO BE A "Free Agent", ILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU.

Free Agent: When a player is no longer bound by the terms in which him or herself agreed to in the official form of a contract, or leagal paper describing a mutual agreement, and signed by each party involved, which also garuntees, among other things, a specific date in which the contract expires. During this "dormant" period, the player either becomes a
(r) free agent, (the "(r)" stands for restricted), or a free agent.

Do you know the difference between a (r) free agent and a Free agent?

A Restricted free agent singned to a speacial clause in the contract stating that when the contract ended, the contractor has the right to match any other potential contractor's offer who would try and sign you through free agency. If the original contractor choses to match the offer of the new contractor, and their can be multiple offers, the free agent is resigned. If the original contractor choses not to opt on that clause with in the contract and match any offers, the restricted free agent now becomes bound to the new contractor. this is set up to keep a restricted free agent from ever becoming a "real" free agent. this is known as a "contractor leverage" type contract, usualy used for the not so important players in which does not include Gary Payton.

on the other hand, if their wasnt such restricted clause in your contract, when the current contract expires, you may simply enter the free agent market and their is nothing the current contractor can do. this is known as being a free agent. most contracts desined like this also have an "opt out" clause in their contract to allow the player more leverage for new negotions. this is known as the "agent leverage" type contract, the kind in which kobe has.

now do you understand the situation with Gary Payton here? it doesnt matter what MJ thinks come july 1st, no trades or resigning, hell just leave and free up tons in cap room. nothing MJ or the Bucks can do. MJ knows this and went out and picked up a great prospect for a point gaurd and is already planning on brining in sized players with the freed up cash when gary does leave.

SCHOOL IS OUT, PLEASE DONT MAKE ME HAVE TO TEACH YOU ANYTHING ELSE, THAT TOOK ACTUAL CONSTRUCTIVE WRITING.
Quoting Shaq on one of his spontainious freestyles durring practices:

"I stay paid niggaaa, I live laid niggaaa, I've been rappen ever since the third grade niggaaa".
OG

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:13 pm

LOL............ HAHAHAHAHA
I'm GLAD I CAN MAKE YOUR BLOOD BOIL.... SO FREAKIN HILARIOUS....
TO THE POINT OF CALLING ME OUT?... LOL
but YOU STILL FREAKIN GET DON'T YOU?... :man7:
I know he is a FREE AGENT. I KNOW what YOU RECITED.
THE FACT IS..... WE CAN NOT OFFER PAYTON THE MONEY HE WILL BE ASKING FOR. GET IT?... I'm MEAN, DO YOU GET IT!!!! :man7:
He may want a RING but HE FEELS HE DESERVES MORE THAN THE MLE!!!!! Source - http://www.msnbc.com/news/891477.asp?0dm=C1AUS
THE ONLY PLACE WHERE HE CAN GET PAID LIKE THAT IS IF HE SIGNS WITH THE SPURMS!!!! OR.... HE CAN RESIGN WITH THE BUCKS AND TRADE HIM..... (you still with me.... here) NOW, THE QUESTION IS ARE THE BUCKS WILLING TO TRADE PAYTON TO THE LAKERS?.... IS THE TEAM READY TO HAND ITS CONTROL TO AN UNPROVEN TALENT LIKE TJ FORD?... ARE THEY WILLING TO TRADE THE ONLY ALLSTAR THEY HAVE LEFT IN GARY PAYTON FOR FISHER (AND WHOEVER ELSE). NOWADAYS YOU NEVER SEE A SUPERSTAR TALENT GET TRADED FOR ROLE PLAYERS. AND THATS EXACTLY WHO THE BUCKS WOULD RECIEVE......

I HOPE THAT GETS ACROSS YOUR HEAD. AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE PAYTON WITH THE LAKERS....I AM JUST BEING LEVEL HEADED AND REALIZE THAT IT IS JUST A DREAM UNTIL WE CAN OFFER SOMETHING MORE SUBSTANCE IN THE TRADE. UNLESS WE ARE PREPARED TO LOSE OUR YOUNGER TALENTED PLAYERS WHICH WE HAVE SPENT YEARS TO DEVELOPE .... TO INCLUDE IN THIS TRADE.......ONLY IF THIS HAPPENS WILL I HAVE FAITH IN IT.
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:40 am, edited 8 times in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:15 pm

OG wrote:
The bucks just drafted them a nice new little point guard on MJ's request and yes the Bucks are about to rebuild. Gary will not resign with the bucks and i am 100% certain he will sighn with us and if im wrong, ill leave the Message board to never return again. besides, we wont know anythink on july 1st as all we will get in regards to official statements is, "well, things are to premature to discuss" and we will get all sorts of wild accuzations in regards to unnofficial statements but the only statement ill be looking for are the ones done "off the record" as they usualy hold the most truth. another words what the players involved actualy say themselves. dont count on any real statements being made for atleast 2 weeks.

I STILL HAVEN'T FORGOTEN YOUR OFFER..... I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO HAPPEN..... HAHAHAHAHA :man9: :man9: :man9:
I GUESS YOU DON'T KNOW YET BUT, THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SURE THING....
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby shaqass on Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:12 am

thanks guys I have learnt something today :man10: :man10: :man10:

I have to strongly agree on one thing at least: no sure thing in this world :man5:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:24 am

Oh there's some sure things in the world:

The Queens will never take responsibility for their losses
Doug Christie won't put his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] arm down for a whole game
Rick Adelman will get the Queens into the playoffs next year and out in the first round.
The East won't win a championship during this decade
Kobe will be the best player in the NBA in 2004
Shaq will be the most dominant player in the NBA in 2004
Someone on Portland will get in a fight with a teammate during the season.
The Clippers will screw up a good thing

See - there's tons of sure things! :)
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby shaqass on Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:08 am

:man10: :man10: :man10:

ok ok :man10:

Shaq coming in shape...muhmmmm hope you are right :man12:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:50 am

Here is another sure thing:

Rick Fox is a very happy man going to bed every night.

Vanessa is truly beautiful for a woman her age. :man1:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:54 am

GP can't have it all. What's more on his mind, money or the championship which he never got? If it's a championship, then he's come to the right place. If he wants a ring, he's gotta sacrifice a lil'... In the long run, it'll be worth it....
LakersGyrl2003

Postby crucifido on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:27 pm

Totally right LakerGyrl and he will realize the ring is what matters most. He's not an idiot.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:34 pm

I'm hopin he realises that when he becomes a FA in a few days. We could sure use his skills while he's still young.
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion