kobe: "Ill kick your a**..."

Re: kobe: "Ill kick your as@..."

Postby jjin28 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 pm

“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Pau is slowly becoming a cancer on the team IMO. He complains about touches in the media, it's only a matter of time before he starts pouting about getting benched, will happen multiple teams going forward. No defense, no offense aside from a nice pass or two, no energy, lethargic play play on both ends.

I'm not surprised Kobe told him to shut up and pull his skirt up and get the job done. Stop complaining, pouting and being a debbie downer, if you can't do, than your a** is right where it should be on the bench.

For the last two seasons it's been non stop excuses for Pau, it's either shut up, go out there and PROVE that you should be on the court or please just get off the team. I don't care what we get for him as long as the players that come in play 100% and leave it all out on the court. He's been coasting for two years now, enough with the patty cake kid gloves, either you're in or your out, make a commitment or don't, just shut up and play.

this
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I have no idea why Pau is getting the blame for this. This team has problems that go far beyond the fourth best player on the team not playing well.

Saw a similar post somewhere else. He's not "getting the blame", at least not for last night's game. People are just commenting on his individual performances so far, and how much he's sucked. 95% of the comments I've recently read about Pau have been pretty accurate and very similar: he's been awful so far, we need a lot more from him, his value lowers by the second, he plays no D, he's soft, he hesitates way too much, he complains but then doesn't do anything about it, etc..

He SUCKED last night. The loss wasn't his fault alone, not at all, but he didn't really help us out in ANY WAY. That's pretty much what everyone's saying.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Greatest of All Time wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Why would the Rockets trade away assets for Pau Gasol, when they are in position this offseason to sign a max contract (someone in their prime), while retaining their assets?

Name one 2013 free agent with all-star impact that's deserving of a 4 year max contract and would realistically sign there. Would they really want Josh Smith for 4 years over Pau Gasol for 2 years?

Cap space isn't just used to outright sign people these days. They could use it to absorb Pau's 2 year deal which would't hurt them too much in the long run. They can re-sign him for cheaper in 2 years, use his massive $19 million expiring as a trade chip or just let it expire. They'll still have cap space in 2015 when the big name free agents like LeBronze James will possibly be available.

If anything they'll just sign a few guys to cap-friendly contracts and maintain their cap space for flexibility.

The "assets" they're giving up are a bench player in Morris and an up and coming prospect in Parsons. The other contracts are expirings or thrown in to match salaries.I realize Pau Gasol's value is at an all-time low right now but this is a sad day in human history if that's too much to give up for him.

They can have cap space to sign Lebron in 2015 if they wanted WITHOUT giving up any assets. What is so hard to understand?

Scenario A - Trade for Pau, lose assets, sign Lebron
Scenario B - Keep all assets, sign Lebron

And spare me with the they aren't "assets", if they weren't why are you pawning them off to Utah for Millsap and Williams? Like Utah just wants to lose 2 starters for a bench player and throw ins.

Hey LA we'll take your garbage so you can have Millsap/Williams/Parsons, we'll take Morris and garbage, we don't mind. Hey LA we'll take Pau and give up our assets for you don't worry.

You clearly didn't read the part where Utah saves money by unloading contracts they don't need. Why is it so hard to understand?

Scenario A- Let Millsap walk, get nothing. Continue paying Marvin Williams $8 million a year
Scenarior B-Trade Millsap, get something. Save money from Marvin Williams' contract.

Neither Millsap nor Williams fit into the Jazz's future plans.

Yeah ok, the expirings are assets, but only until the trade deadline. Then they're no longer assets. Might as well use them. Are they just going to hold onto these assets and hope LeBronze will opt out early and sign with them in 2 years? Why are we even talking about LeBronze James signing there? Your original point was that they're in position to sign a max free agent THIS off-season. You can't even name a 2013 max free agent that's worth signing to a 4 year deal and would sign there.

Can you do your little Stu Lantz narration thing again but as Rob Hennigan this time?
Greatest of All Time

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:You clearly didn't read the part where Utah saves money by unloading contracts they don't need. Why is it so hard to understand?

Of course I didn't, I saw a ridiculously lopsided awful trade and skipped your spam memoir about how it was fair for everyone.

Scenario A- Let Millsap walk, get nothing. Continue paying Marvin Williams $8 million a year
Scenarior B-Trade Millsap, get something. Save money from Marvin Williams' contract.

If that's all it takes to get Millsap/Williams, we should cut Houston out of the deal and send them Ebanks/Hill/Clark/Duhon. We can keep Pau and the Jazz will do it because they don't want to get nothing for Millsap and they don't want to pay Williams either.

Neither Millsap nor Williams fit into the Jazz's future plans.

Neither does Cook/Aldrich but I guess that's getting something for Millsap right? They traded Devin Harris for Marvin Williams who has a year longer deal, if they weren't in their plans why did they trade for a guy with a longer contract?

Yeah ok, the expirings are assets, but only until the trade deadline. Then they're no longer assets. Might as well use them. Are they just going to hold onto these assets and hope LeBronze will opt out early and sign with them in 2 years? Why are we even talking about LeBronze James signing there?

You can scroll up and see that you brought Lebron into the conversation.

Your original point was that they're in position to sign a max free agent THIS off-season. You can't even name a 2013 max free agent that's worth signing to a 4 year deal and would sign there.

CP3 / Andrew Bynum / D12 / Josh Smith

They could split it and go after Monta Ellis if he opts out / Ginobili / Kevin Martin / Iggy if he opts out /

But but but, they wouldn't sign there, there goes that easy out for you.

Can you do your little Stu Lantz narration thing again but as Rob Hennigan this time?

Ok here goes.....

I'll sit here and wait for the best deal that you come up with because it's in the best interest of this site to explore all options and getting the site in a direction that we feel is suitable for the interwebz....

It might take awhile considering what I've seen so far.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Greatest of All Time on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:12 am

If that's all it takes to get Millsap/Williams, we should cut Houston out of the deal and send them Ebanks/Hill/Clark/Duhon. We can keep Pau and the Jazz will do it because they don't want to get nothing for Millsap and they don't want to pay Williams either.

Don't you know that doesn't work under the CBA?

Neither does Cook/Aldrich but I guess that's getting something for Millsap right? They traded Devin Harris for Marvin Williams who has a year longer deal, if they weren't in their plans why did they trade for a guy with a longer contract?

You forgot Toney Douglas and those are all expiring contracts that cost less than Millsap's expiring. They traded Devin Harris because he's a point guard that can't shoot and they got Mo Williams. They traded for Marvin Williams because they need 3 point shooting. Marcus Morris fits the Williams role for 1/4 the price.

Your original point was that they're in position to sign a max free agent THIS off-season. You can't even name a 2013 max free agent that's worth signing to a 4 year deal and would sign there.

CP3 / Andrew Bynum / D12 / Josh Smith

lol

You'd choose Bynum's glass knees for 4 years over Pau for 2 years? Not to mention they already have Asik at the 5. At least Pau can masquerade as a 4...

They could split it and go after Monta Ellis if he opts out / Ginobili / Kevin Martin / Iggy if he opts out /

But but but, they wouldn't sign there, there goes that easy out for you.

Why would the Rockets trade away assets for Pau Gasol, when they are in position this offseason to sign a max contract (someone in their prime), while retaining their assets?

Easy out, meet easy out. Nice to meet you easy out, I'm easy out. How are you doing?

Kevin Martin

They're going to use their cap space to sign a guy they just traded away, for a better player that plays the same position? They're going to re-sign the guy that they tried to trade for Pau Gasol, over trading for Pau Gasol? Really? Not to mention you can't trade a player and then sign him less than a year later.

Why would they sign any of those shooting guards if they already have Harden? And in Iggy's case, they have Parsons. They already have complementary pieces. They need at least a legit second option.

I'd love to hear your superior trade ideas. Can you share please? I want to learn what constitutes a fair trade. Please share your wisdom with me.
Greatest of All Time

Postby abeer3 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 am

i don't think publicly browbeating your teammates is leadership. if he wants to get in pau's face in private, he has every right to do so: pau has played pretty terribly most of the year. but making comments like this to the press helps nothing. intelligent adults don't respond well to "put on your big boy pants". that's dismissive/condescending.

if you must comment on a guy struggling like pau has been, you have to be more diplomatic about it. something like: we've got to work to put him in better positions, but he also has to hold up his end of that bargain by showing effort/commitment.
abeer3

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 am

abeer3 wrote:i don't think publicly browbeating your teammates is leadership. if he wants to get in pau's face in private, he has every right to do so: pau has played pretty terribly most of the year. but making comments like this to the press helps nothing. intelligent adults don't respond well to "put on your big boy pants". that's dismissive/condescending.

if you must comment on a guy struggling like pau has been, you have to be more diplomatic about it. something like: we've got to work to put him in better positions, but he also has to hold up his end of that bargain by showing effort/commitment.

I think Kobe did that last year and well Pau still hasn't helped up his end

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: kobe: "Ill kick your a**..."

Postby abeer3 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 am

doesn't mean this is the right way. he should know better than this, and i was disappointed to hear that comment. you also shouldn't tear down teammates when your effort is questionable, and kobe's effort on d has been that and worse.

put it this way, if i'm pau and you're going to insult me, i might suggest that you stop with the double digit turnover games, and that if the refs aren't giving you the calls in the lane, you put on your big boy pants and move the ball to players on your team (instead of the other one).

everyone is accountable for play as poor as the lakers have displayed. it's complete bs that pau is taking all the hits here. scapegoating him could serve to obscure the systemic issues that plague this year's team, just like scapegoating mike brown did. mind you, mike brown wasn't a good coach, and pau hasn't been a good player this year--my point is that fixing either of these single issues will do very little to make the lakers win games, especially if anyone believes that they are the bulk of the problem.
abeer3

Postby easyguy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:00 am

abeer3 wrote:i don't think publicly browbeating your teammates is leadership. if he wants to get in pau's face in private, he has every right to do so: pau has played pretty terribly most of the year. but making comments like this to the press helps nothing. intelligent adults don't respond well to "put on your big boy pants". that's dismissive/condescending.

Kobe came right out of high school, look at his wife, I dont think you can categorize them as classy or educated.
easyguy

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 am

easyguy wrote:

Kobe came right out of high school, look at his wife, I dont think you can categorize them as classy or educated.

and your comment is classy or what? maybe shut up and don t say such stupid things . you call yourself a laker fan and saying such [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] . are you serious ? :mad1: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:11 am

^^^ Oooooooo about to be a banhammer coming through....

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby TIME on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am

kobebryant248 wrote:
easyguy wrote:

and your comment is classy or what? maybe shut up and don t say such stupid things . you call yourself a laker fan and saying such [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] . are you serious ? :mad1: :mad1:

You can disagree with his point and make a strong argument as to why he is wrong, but you are not allowed to attack him personally. This is your 4th warning, and you'll have some time away from the site to consider whether you want to follow site rules.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 am

Back on topic please.

This is not the unrealistic trade ideas thread. It's the Kobe kicking teammate a** thread.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 am

TIME wrote:Back on topic please.

This is not the unrealistic trade ideas thread. It's the Kobe kicking teammate a** thread.

:man10:

Just pictured Kobe surrounded by the whole team, with random people running in and Kobe just dropping them one by one.
Doc Brown

Postby TIME on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 am

Doc Brown wrote:
TIME wrote:Back on topic please.

Just pictured Kobe surrounded by the whole team, with random people running in and Kobe just dropping them one by one.

I would pay money for a GIF of that.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:14 pm

bust a Phil on that arse Kobe!
khmrP

Postby odom1year on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 pm

kobe, I will kick your a**...
odom1year

Postby quartzcharm on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Kobe better be kicking everyone's a**...starting with Jim Buss.
quartzcharm

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 pm

quartzcharm wrote:Kobe better be kicking everyone's a**...starting with Jim Buss.
432J

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 pm

odom1year wrote:kobe, I will kick your a**...

Finwë

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Kobe's approach is the wrong one IMO. Just a way to alienate your teammates.

I do think however, a "tough love" approach can be effective but only when it is counter-balanced by a more rational approach. Maybe that's why Kobe has never won without Derek Fisher.

Maybe the "voice of reason" is missing in that locker room because I agree with James Worthy, the team doesn't seem like it has much camaraderie.
JGC

Postby borri on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:11 pm

JGC wrote:Kobe's approach is the wrong one IMO. Just a way to alienate your teammates.

I do think however, a "tough love" approach can be effective but only when it is counter-balanced by a more rational approach. Maybe that's why Kobe has never won without Derek Fisher.

Maybe the "voice of reason" is missing in that locker room because I agree with James Worthy, the team doesn't seem like it has much camaraderie.

Hopefully Nash will take that Fisher role. Right now, Nash can't say much cuz he isn't playing. When he comes back, hopefully he'll balance out Kobe's stuborness.
borri

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:21 pm

I think this is the wrong approach by Kobe as well. Tensions are already high. I think EVERYONE is frustrated by the failings of this team so far. What they need is a "us vs. the world" mentality. They need a common rallying point. Not "I'll kick your a**". It should be WE are going kick your a**!
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion