kobe: "Ill kick your a**..."

kobe: "Ill kick your a**..."

Postby jjin28 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am

Kobe Bryant had seen enough.

Another humiliating loss to another bad team Sunday night had the Lakers co-captain ready to take on the whole team if his teammates don't start getting their games — and attitudes — together.

"I'll kick everybody's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in this locker room if it doesn't happen," Bryant said after a 113-103 loss to the Orlando Magic at Staples Center. Yes, the 6-10 Orlando Magic. "It's the attitude you have to have. Metta is the same way. Dwight has it in him as well. Even though he smiles a lot, he cares a lot about this. Come hell or high water, this has to get done."

On Pau Gasol
"Put your big-boy pants on," Kobe said with a trace of disgust in his voice. "C'mon ... just adjust. You can't whine about it or complain about it. Heck, I'm 34 years old, and I'm running screen-and-rolls out there because Steve is out, and my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] is running up and down the court more than I ever have in my entire career. But you have to adjust to it."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-lakers-lose-magic-ll-kick-everybody-[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]-162710045--nba.html;_ylt=Amr_DBS3bIAKHe2hjEjm9ls5nYcB;_ylu=X3oDMTQ0cTl2NHJtBG1pdANGRUFUVVJFRCBNZWdhdHJvbiBTUE9SVFMgRlAEcGtnAzVmM2ZiNjJmLTY3NGYtMzAxMy1hMmUxLTcyZTIwNzMzOWQxZARwb3MDMwRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyAzRmMDk0MjgwLTNkNmUtMTFlMi1iZTRlLTA3ODBiNmYxMmIzNg--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Re: kobe: "Ill kick your as@..."

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:53 am

2 1/4 season in now since Pau epic failure and decline, nothing is changing, he's not adjusting to nothing, he is what he is now, a soft jump shooting big who complains about getting closer look but doesn't actually do anything bout it when he's in there w/o other post pressence. The fact that he has knee tendinitis is even more annoying because he should used the summer to rest instead played in the Olympis and during that stretch looked 10x the player he is now.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 am

Im glad hes being firm with Pau. He coddled him all year, he gave him the benefit of the doubt and Pau still didn't come through. Flu game last year in DEN, flu game this yr vs INDY. These were the times you have guys like Gasol to step up and help Kobe out but he'd rather just stay content floating around. Pau is a nice dude but he doesn't seem intense and hungry trying to win a ring anymore.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby borri on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 am

Damn, looks like the garbage sig anti suck voodoo ain't working on Pau.
borri

Postby jjin28 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:58 am

I understand that Pau is the weak link here. He plays like a major wuss. But I also have to believe that Gasol is also getting tired of Kobe's alpha male character. It just doesn't work on him anymore. I trade Gasol now b/c of that reason. He's done with Kobe's strong character.

There's no way we would fire D'anotoni this early into his contract, so the only option is to trade Pau. Sometimes less is more.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby The Original 81 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:03 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Take Dwight off the team and Pau is averaging 16 / 10 and no one's worried about his performance.

He just isn't going to fit here on a consistent basis. Not with a fast paced offense. Not with him aging. Not with his skill set.

It just isn't going to be a good fit.

Truth.

We are better off trading Pau for pieces that better fit what we're trying to accomplish. Its best for both parties at this point...
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Pau is slowly becoming a cancer on the team IMO. He complains about touches in the media, it's only a matter of time before he starts pouting about getting benched, will happen multiple teams going forward. No defense, no offense aside from a nice pass or two, no energy, lethargic play play on both ends.

I'm not surprised Kobe told him to shut up and pull his skirt up and get the job done. Stop complaining, pouting and being a debbie downer, if you can't do, than your a** is right where it should be on the bench.

For the last two seasons it's been non stop excuses for Pau, it's either shut up, go out there and PROVE that you should be on the court or please just get off the team. I don't care what we get for him as long as the players that come in play 100% and leave it all out on the court. He's been coasting for two years now, enough with the patty cake kid gloves, either you're in or your out, make a commitment or don't, just shut up and play.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 pm

They should trade Pau Gasol to Houston for Millsap, Marvin Williams, and Chandler Parsons. Expiring contracts + pick(s) to the Jazz
Greatest of All Time

Postby Center Court on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:They should trade Pau Gasol to Houston for Millsap, Marvin Williams, and Chandler Parsons. Expiring contracts + pick(s) to the Jazz

I guess you think that other teams should just massively help the Lakers right?

ridiculous suggestion
Center Court

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:They should trade Pau Gasol to Houston for Millsap, Marvin Williams, and Chandler Parsons. Expiring contracts + pick(s) to the Jazz

Are you just going to spam this idea in every thread?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 pm

"as long as im there, hes going to be there" doesnt look like it holds true anymore
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 pm

I guess you're not thinking clearly when you're into Kobe Bryant
wcsoldier81

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Center Court wrote:

ridiculous suggestion

Of course they should. How do you think they got Pau Gasol in 2008, and Dwight Howard and Steve Nash in 2012?

I guess you think that the Jazz and Rockets aren't benefiting from this deal right?

ridiculous assertion
Greatest of All Time

Postby khmrP on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:
Center Court wrote:

ridiculous suggestion

Of course they should. How do you think they got Pau Gasol in 2008, and Dwight Howard and Steve Nash in 2012?

I guess you think that the Jazz and Rockets aren't benefiting from this deal right?

ridiculous assertion

saw your idea, the package does nothing for Utah and with Pau sucking and his knee issues, Hou is NOT giving up all those assests, get real. Its even MORE then what they gave up initially with the cp3 trade
khmrP

Postby juninho on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:22 pm

once nash returns there will be no excuse for kobe's bad defence. he should defend better before expect better defence from others.
juninho

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:40 pm

I have no idea why Pau is getting the blame for this. This team has problems that go far beyond the fourth best player on the team not playing well.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby thkthebest on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:I have no idea why Pau is getting the blame for this. This team has problems that go far beyond the fourth best player on the team not playing well.

Gasol will unfortunately get the blame for everything.

juninho wrote:once nash returns there will be no excuse for kobe's bad defence. he should defend better before expect better defence from others.

He better defend better. His defense was terrible last night.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Pau is slowly becoming a cancer on the team IMO. He complains about touches in the media, it's only a matter of time before he starts pouting about getting benched, will happen multiple teams going forward. No defense, no offense aside from a nice pass or two, no energy, lethargic play play on both ends.

I'm not surprised Kobe told him to shut up and pull his skirt up and get the job done. Stop complaining, pouting and being a debbie downer, if you can't do, than your a** is right where it should be on the bench.

For the last two seasons it's been non stop excuses for Pau, it's either shut up, go out there and PROVE that you should be on the court or please just get off the team. I don't care what we get for him as long as the players that come in play 100% and leave it all out on the court. He's been coasting for two years now, enough with the patty cake kid gloves, either you're in or your out, make a commitment or don't, just shut up and play.

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm

khmrP wrote:
Center Court wrote:

ridiculous suggestion

ridiculous assertion

saw your idea, the package does nothing for Utah and with Pau sucking and his knee issues, Hou is NOT giving up all those assests, get real. Its even MORE then what they gave up initially with the cp3 trade

Yeah you probably just looked at was the picture and ignored the analysis explaining the benefits for each team.

Pau's just being emo. He's checked out on the Lakers mentally but he's still capable of performing like an all-star as the primary post option for another team. He's shown it as recently as the Olympics. It seems pretty obvious a change of scenery is best for both parties at this point. Pau's done completely washed up like he looks right now, he's just done as a Laker.

I agree with Mike Brown, Pau's just being an emo cancer right now which is really killing his trade value. He looks like pure crap because they're trying to make him run around like a perimeter big. Send him to Houston and have McHale utilize him on the low block and he'll be back to putting up 16-10.
Greatest of All Time

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Why would the Rockets trade away assets for Pau Gasol, when they are in position this offseason to sign a max contract (someone in their prime), while retaining their assets?
Doc Brown

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Why would the Rockets trade away assets for Pau Gasol, when they are in position this offseason to sign a max contract (someone in their prime), while retaining their assets?

Name one 2013 free agent with all-star impact that's deserving of a 4 year max contract and would realistically sign there. Would they really want Josh Smith for 4 years over Pau Gasol for 2 years?

Cap space isn't just used to outright sign people these days. They could use it to absorb Pau's 2 year deal which would't hurt them too much in the long run. They can re-sign him for cheaper in 2 years, use his massive $19 million expiring as a trade chip or just let it expire. They'll still have cap space in 2015 when the big name free agents like LeBronze James will possibly be available.

If anything they'll just sign a few guys to cap-friendly contracts and maintain their cap space for flexibility.

The "assets" they're giving up are a bench player in Morris and an up and coming prospect in Parsons. The other contracts are expirings or thrown in to match salaries.I realize Pau Gasol's value is at an all-time low right now but this is a sad day in human history if that's too much to give up for him.
Greatest of All Time

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Are you just going to spam this idea in every thread?

He is indeed spamming this idea in every single thread, and every time I read it it just sounds dumber & dumber...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby 432J on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 pm

pau for to minny for williams and barea

done
432J

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Why would the Rockets trade away assets for Pau Gasol, when they are in position this offseason to sign a max contract (someone in their prime), while retaining their assets?

Name one 2013 free agent with all-star impact that's deserving of a 4 year max contract and would realistically sign there. Would they really want Josh Smith for 4 years over Pau Gasol for 2 years?

Cap space isn't just used to outright sign people these days. They could use it to absorb Pau's 2 year deal which would't hurt them too much in the long run. They can re-sign him for cheaper in 2 years, use his massive $19 million expiring as a trade chip or just let it expire. They'll still have cap space in 2015 when the big name free agents like LeBronze James will possibly be available.

If anything they'll just sign a few guys to cap-friendly contracts and maintain their cap space for flexibility.

The "assets" they're giving up are a bench player in Morris and an up and coming prospect in Parsons. The other contracts are expirings or thrown in to match salaries.I realize Pau Gasol's value is at an all-time low right now but this is a sad day in human history if that's too much to give up for him.

They can have cap space to sign Lebron in 2015 if they wanted WITHOUT giving up any assets. What is so hard to understand?

Scenario A - Trade for Pau, lose assets, sign Lebron
Scenario B - Keep all assets, sign Lebron

And spare me with the they aren't "assets", if they weren't why are you pawning them off to Utah for Millsap and Williams? Like Utah just wants to lose 2 starters for a bench player and throw ins.

Hey LA we'll take your garbage so you can have Millsap/Williams/Parsons, we'll take Morris and garbage, we don't mind. Hey LA we'll take Pau and give up our assets for you don't worry.
Doc Brown

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

:man10: Not a chance in the world. Chandler Parsons is going to be an elite "glue guy" jack of all trades, small forward in this league. He's nearly untouchable from the Rocket"s perspective. He's a tremendous young player. Marvin is a solid, average NBA player. And Paul Millsap is a really good big, who's still in his prime. No team is just going to hand us that kind of depth for Pau Gasol. Pau has no trade value right now and rightfully so. There's not exactly a market out there for a soft 7 footer who's shooting 42% from the field. Not to mention he's making 19 million this year with a 15% trade kicker. That's nearly 22 million dollars a year for this season, and the next.
Frank Dux

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion