Kobe's injury vs Shaq's injury

Kobe's injury vs Shaq's injury

Postby shaqass on Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:20 am

"Kobe Bryant will have shoulder surgery today in New York, a decision made after consultations with four doctors and arrived at less than a week after he was diagnosed with a torn labrum."

Now change "Kobe" with "Shaq" and "shoulder" with "big toe"...uhmm feeling of "deja vu" no? Excepted that the outcome is slightly different.

first Kobe didn't wait a month before going to the doctor to ask for advice. Then Kobe didn't need 2 months to make a decision although 4 doctor had 4 different opinions. Finaly he didn't need 2 or 3 weeks to plan a date for the surgery.

I don't want to be sarcastic but if you bought the "Shaq need to have 3 months to make a decision because 4 doctors have 4 different opinions and he is affraid of choosing the wrong one" story then you should think about again. Ok ok I am not a doctor and both injuries can be different and more or less complicated. But two weeks vs more than 3 months...come on.

By the way, I look pretty pissed off with Shaq right now and yes I am! I don't want him to be trade or something but more and more I think his lack of work ethic will hurt us soon (well it has already happen :man6: ).
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:42 am

Comparing their injuries, surguries, and what they did to get it done are two different stories, which we all know. But I'm not gonna think of Shaq as bein less than a person than Kobe. Sure Shaq waited long, but with reason. Kobe's gettin his done sooner, also with reason. But in the long run, they're both gonna come back even stronger next season, and that's what we need to look forward to... So please stop dwelling on past events, cuz that's not in our future. We're lookin forward to another championship, 4 in 5 years!!! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:29 pm

I respect your opinion. However our past is important because it decide our futur (whouuaa I have to write that somewhere, I have to use it again in some other threads :man1:). I am a Lakers fan and a Shaq fan. But I cannot be like you and say, ok we made 10000 mistakes but it's ok, forget all and see what happen next season. Someone has to bring Oneal back on earth (it won't be me :man6: ) and now. It's too easy to find excuses for him and go farther. This way I can see the scenario from here. Shaq will not lose weight, Kobe will work as never to get in shape for day one. Shaq will get monstruous extension but will not be able to play the level he use to. Kobe will want to take more offense responsibility but Shaq will go against that. We lose again. Kobe is gone.

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:29 pm

That's my fear. The only thing Kobe wants is winning titles. With the Lakers good, without, still ok. What I hope is that Shaq will be back and find motivation and work ethic. Admiting that the Lakers will not let Shaq going anywhere else we can say good bye to Kobe. Therefore we have to speak about the error of the past and not just downplay them. It is for our futur.

Postby shaqass on Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:31 pm

and YES this guest was me :man10: :man10: :man10:
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:45 pm

Look at chu forgettin to log in!! Wussup wit that?? lol...nah but back to the topic....

I'm not sayin that we should forget the mistakes of the past, but learn from them, and stop dwelling on them... These mistakes happened last season, so there's nothing we can do to change the, just live by them. Shaq had his reasons for the delayed surgury, and even if we didn't like it at that time, still we didn't know every detail about the inncodent... Just like how we know Kobe's injury isn't as severe as it was thought, and he's expected to come back in 4-6 weeks... I'm prayin Kobe doesn't do that, and attempts to rush back so fast. But I can't be like you and dwell on the events of the past. Cuz they are just that, event of the past. But when the players learn to live with history so it won't repeat itself, then we'd be far better off. Through experience comes trial and error.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:41 am

pfff I forgot to log in...I cannot believe! :man6:

Well it seems that finally we agree on almost everything! Take the bad from the futur and learn, but learn quickly before it is too late to react. :jam2:

Lov U Sis LG! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Last edited by shaqass on Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:17 pm

LOL...! :man10: I don't understand how we can take something that hasn't happened yet, and still have enough time to react when it's in the future... If it's not here yet, then our reactions don't exists, cuz it hasn't arrived... :man3:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:21 am

interessant interessant...I would suggest to re-open the thread "no way" (it won't happen) and talk a bit about that :man10: :man10: :man10:

but of course I wanted to say take the bad for the futur or take the bad from the past for the futur...whatever :freak2:

:man10:
shaqass

Return to Lakers Discussion