http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?s=la
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Re: Kobe & James Worthy on 710 ESPN To Talk About Jerry Buss

Postby Kasumi on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Here's my recap of the interview:
On this season: There's been no thread of consistency this year between coaching change and injuries. Every time they adjust, something else happens.

On Dr. Buss: His winning record over the years is ridiculous, hopes Lakers fans realize and appreciate that.

Has Dwight gotten his head around how special it is to be a Laker? Kobe: Haven't talked to him about it and don't have time. Focused on beating the Celtics coming up. But sure Dwight understands as a scholar of the game.

How to get Nash more shots: Need to free him up, bring him off more screens.

Kobe doesn't like passing as much as he's passing right now but understands it's helping winning so he's doing it. Just because you prefer to do something else, it doesn't matter, you do what you need to do to win. (I missed the question that led to this answer)

On D'Antoni adjusting: The team and D'Antoni adjusting well to working together. It's not just D'Antoni adjusting, both have to adjust to each other. They've had a couple duds but have generally played well the last 12 games.

On the ASG: Fun playing in All Star Game. Gets more and more of a spectical each year but gets competitive the last 12 minutes.

On comparing MJ to KB to LBJ: Everyone is measured by the greatness that came before. LBJ is having a good run right now but still young in his career so he still has a lot of time and many more runs to come, too early to compare. People tend to forget the amazing things that past players have done (i.e.: Magic).

Doesn't get offended by people saying LBJ is better than him.

MJ saying KB is better than LBJ (5 beats 1) meant a lot to him. He made a lot of sacrifices to stay here, he chose team versus individual achievement. Could have gone to a scrub team and put up great numbers but wanted to stay with Lakers. Tells kids to play the game the right way, don't play to the numbers. Funny though because when a player retires, they are judged by the numbers so it's a bit backwards.

How many games to make the playoffs? Doesn't think about it like that, looks at it as being 3 games back right now. Kobe thinks the Lakers will make the playoffs, just need to keep playing the way they're playing.

On his twitter situation with a fan calling someone else gay: Doesn't have a problem putting someone in their place if they're out of line so he felt he needed to say something.

Joining Chinese twitter: Receives a lot of help in the translations of what he reads and posts.

What will he remember about Dr. Buss? The last conversation he had, Kobe tried to convince Dr. Buss to come down to the court in the game so the people of LA could show him the love that he deserves. Dr. Buss said normally he wouldn't do that but he did like the idea of doing this once.
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 pm

When Kobe is indifferent about you, its just over. When Kobe is hard on you or has your back it means he's engaged with whatever its going on with you, doesnt look like Kobe gives a rip about whether Dwight understands how important Dr. Buss was to this team & whatever Dwight's on-court needs are

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby ShowtimeACB on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 pm

I would have love for Dr Buss to receive all the love and respect he deserves from the LA fans, it was a great idea, but i guess his health made it impossible.

About the rest of the stuff, great read and interesting points, every day it looks more like Kobe is kind of personally dissapointed with Howard.

It could be also he´s just playing mind games on him, trying to wake him up and realise the chance of a lifetime he has in leading perhaps the greatest franchise in sports history.

Which is clear is that there is something going on in there between these two, hope it turns out good for the Lakers.
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0as8tDg391rpeq3xo1_400.jpg/img]
ShowtimeACB

Postby trodgers on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks, Kasumi.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lotus on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:28 pm

The Rock wrote:When Kobe is indifferent about you, its just over. When Kobe is hard on you or has your back it means he's engaged with whatever its going on with you, doesnt look like Kobe gives a rip about whether Dwight understands how important Dr. Buss was to this team & whatever Dwight's on-court needs are

I noticed this as well over the years.

I was initially frustrated with Kobe butting heads with Dwight because I think most Lakers fans want this to work out. But, quite frankly there is something honorable about a Lakers legend holding the new talent that is supposed to take over the team to a high standard, a Lakers standard. Whether it's intentional or Kobe just being super competitive, I see Kobe's indifference as saying Dwight is not yet Lakers material as far as being the new leader. And I trust that, just as I would trust Magic or Kareem's endorsement of a Lakers player.
lotus

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Kobe Podcast on Remembering Dr. Jerry Buss:

*Be to sure to check out the start, I know some listening on the radio only caught some of it because they had been on a commercial break*

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8960304
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby TIME on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:06 pm

trodgers wrote:Thanks, Kasumi.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks for the recap Kasumi.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby WilliamHaven on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Kasumi wrote:Here's my recap of the interview:

Kobe doesn't like passing as much as he's passing right now but understands it's helping winning so he's doing it. Just because you prefer to do something else, it doesn't matter, you do what you need to do to win. (I missed the question that led to this answer)

the question was regarding dwight not being inclined or wanting to play a lot of pick and roll, etc. with steve nash. so kobe was talking about he and others have had to do things that they don't necessarily like either.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:32 pm

trodgers wrote:Thanks, Kasumi.

this.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby jjin28 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm

B4 anybody blasts me, imma huge kobe fanatic. But after todays interview, kobe is the problem w todays lake show. He spoke like 2 mins of the greatest owner and spoke like 100000000 mins on todays problem. He dont give an eff but himself. Not just anybody passed away today, but he still made it all bout him. Unforgiveness from me
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby S.R.05 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 pm

jjin28 wrote:B4 anybody blasts me, imma huge kobe fanatic. But after todays interview, kobe is the problem w todays lake show. He spoke like 2 mins of the greatest owner and spoke like 100000000 mins on todays problem. He dont give an eff but himself. Not just anybody passed away today, but he still made it all bout him. Unforgiveness from me

jesus. he answered the questions he was asked. should he have derailed the interview and just told anecdotes?
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:35 pm

:man3: Wow.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:41 pm

jjin28 wrote:B4 anybody blasts me, imma huge kobe fanatic. But after todays interview, kobe is the problem w todays lake show. He spoke like 2 mins of the greatest owner and spoke like 100000000 mins on todays problem. He dont give an eff but himself. Not just anybody passed away today, but he still made it all bout him. Unforgiveness from me

:man3: The hell?
Kobe8Fan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm sorry but this is the problem with fans today. Kobe answered questions about the "Lakers today." He lost a mentor that has paid him a lot of money but more importantly has helped him grow into the man we all cheer on today. For you to make it anything other than Kobe answering questions on what has to be a hard day for him is worse than what you accused him of.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Legendary on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Legendary

Postby Kasumi on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Ditto to what the others said. If you listened to the interview, it was straight question and answer. The questions about Dr. Buss were where Kobe showed the most energy in his answers, the basketball questions were just business. Blasting Kobe for answering basketball questions is just ridiculous.
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby jjin28 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Keep on believin. Kobe on tilt. Him joinin twitter n his reasons y says it all. We talkin about doctor buss yall
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby jjin28 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:32 pm

U guys honestly believe him joining twitt was to connect w the fans? It was last ditch effort for himself to feel like hes boss of la. When dr buss passes away n he still answers questions bout dwight when theres something bigger than him like 30 yrs of something greater than him.... than yea. Tells me the finale bout him. He couldve easily said hey...stop it. The greatness passed away. But no. He answered questions straight up about todays current affairs. He made himself greater. Psh!
jjin28

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 pm

^ so Kobe is selfish but you bring your hate into a thread about Dr. Buss? I guess if you can be selfish enough to turn this into some form of Kobe hate then you may be an expert on selfish. Although I dont buy it but you keep preaching.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 pm

^ so Kobe is selfish but you bring your hate into a thread about Dr. Buss? I guess if you can be selfish enough to turn this into some form of Kobe hate then you may be an expert on selfish. Although I dont buy it but you keep preaching.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby jjin28 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Puff. Todays a bad day. I feel as if kobe aint keepin it real n his colors came out. Im sure u agree todays a bad day but kobe is far from remorseful. Difference of opinion. But when u got the best pure pg playin sg, the best c playin unhappy n the greatest owner passin away but 24 choosing to piss on the prior 2 issues,, than ya. Upsets me a bunch that my fav playa cant take 1 day off from himself. Am i that off today????
jjin28

Postby D.B. Cooper on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Go take your meds bra.

If I'm not mistaken, you're the guy that believed a UFO appeared over China and have a gambling/drunk posting problem. You also bet against the Lakers because the payoff or points spread "looked" good.

If you're not that guy, my apologies, but I'm 99.99% it's you.
Last edited by D.B. Cooper on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
D.B. Cooper

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion