Kobe to leave LA?

Kobe to leave LA?

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:34 am

according to www.hoopshype.com it stated (from the LA daily news) that KObe wants to leave LA and this second half of the year will be his farewell tour in puple and gold. :disagree:

well, in that case LA should trade him now, and get something good out of it..........maybe: like a T-Mac, KG?(we would need to throw in maybe 1 or 2 more guys), or even a AI.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby KoToTheB on Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:08 am

C'mon this hoopshype is nothing more than trash, they have no credible source. Did Kobe tell them personally???, its no more than an opinion that me, you, or anyone for that matter could make. Anyone can speculate that hes leaving, it wouldnt take a genius to figure out that its an option. I say trade him personally, but im not an NBA owner, so what do i know. Buss believes hes gonna stay when it all comes down to it, and in my heart i believe that too. I gotta believe it, and Buss is gambling hoping he will stay and not dealing him, but its all eventually up to Kobe. If he wants to go down as the best player ever hell stay and win more rings.......
KoToTheB

Postby T I on Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:27 am

The source is Howard Beck - LA Daily News
Laker Fan since 1954
T I

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:30 am

Interesting...

Now give me legit reasons why Kobe should leave the Lakers, and if that list is bigger than a list of positives he can gain by going to another team... then I will be convinced.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby noxcel on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:56 am

Lakers will never trade Kobe! You cannot trade the best player on a team. :man7:
noxcel

Re: Kobe to leave LA?

Postby LAKERNATION on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:43 am

Shaq Fan wrote:according to www.hoopshype.com it stated (from the LA daily news) that KObe wants to leave LA and this second half of the year will be his farewell tour in puple and gold. :disagree:

well, in that case LA should trade him now, and get something good out of it..........maybe: like a T-Mac, KG?(we would need to throw in maybe 1 or 2 more guys), or even a AI.

THE 1ST 3 ARTICLES ON HOOPSHYPE.COM ARE ALL THE SAME LAME ARTICLE FROM LONG BEACH PRESS TELEGRAM & I ADDRESS THAT ONE IN THE OTHER THREAD SO DREAM ON SHAQ FAN, I KNOW YOU'LL BE HAVING WET DREAMS OVER THIS, BUT YOU'RE JUMPING THE GUN AS USUAL!! :what:
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby crucifido on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:13 pm

Howard Beck is well known for senastionalistic "journalism". He has pulled this kind of stuff out of nowhere for years and I'm sure this story is no different than any of the other tripe he's spewed out over the years.

Take it as you like, but I still say if Kobe leaves because he wants his own team, then the Lakers have no need for such a selfish and pig-headed player on their team. Simple fact is, if Kobe leaves for a chance to bolster his own stats, than maybe he wasn't a true Laker team player all along. Personally, I don't believe any team is about one player (Shaq, Kobe, etc.). It may be built around a particualr player, but it doesn't mean it doesn't take a team to win.

We've already found out this last summer that Kobe isn't the kind of person we thought he was anyway. Kobe leaving would do nothing more than lump him right in with the new generation of dunk and stat obsessed players that populate the NBA far too much nowadays. The sheere fact of him even talking about opting out last year in the middle of the season shows me that he is more concerned about the media and fans being focused on himself rather than focused on team goals. It showed me that he is looking at what is best for him only and noit what is best for the team that is currently paying him and has made him a superstar.

If he goes for selfish reasons, then I want him out of here. I appreciate all he has done for the Lakers but if it has all been done under the giuse of being a team guy when in actuality he was only out to build up his image and bankroll, than he isn't what the Lakers, or quite frankly, what any team needs to win.

A little down time to rebuild wouldn't bother me as muich as carrying around a guy who is more concerned with his box score than with winning rings for years to come.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LAKERNATION on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:18 pm

crucifido wrote:Howard Beck is well known for senastionalistic "journalism". He has pulled this kind of stuff out of nowhere for years and I'm sure this stroy is no different than any of the other tripe he's spewed out over the years.

Take it as you like, but I still say if Kobe leaves because he wants his own team, then the Lakers have no need for such a selfish and pig-headed player on their team. Simple fact is, if Kobe leaves for a chance to bolster his own stats, than maybe he wasn't a true Laker team player all along. We've already found otu this last summer that Kobe isn't the kind of person we thought he was anyway. this would do nothing more than lump him right in with the new generation of dunak and stat obsessed players that populate the NBA far too much nowadays.

If he goes for selfish reasons, then I want him out of here. I can take a little down time to rebuild as long as the Lakers aren't carrying around a guy who is more concerned with his box score than with winning rings.

DONT SELL KOBE SHORT, HOMES!! I THINK ALOT OF THE HATERS & SENSATIONALISTS ARE TRYING TO SOW DISSENSION BETWEEN KOBE & THE LAKERS BY PLANTING SEEDS ABOUT KOBE'S SO-CALLED OBSESSION WITH STATS & SELFISHNESS...SO LET'S GIVE KOBE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT & NOT FALL INTO THEIR TRAP!!
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby crucifido on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:20 pm

Kobe's benefit of the doubt about his character ran out for me this summer when he went to Denver to get surgery without ever notifying the team that he was going there or that he even needed surgery in the first place. A guy who cares about his team does NOT do that at any time. No organization should have stood for that as well as the Laker management did.

We've shown him loyalty and integrity, time for him to show a little back in return.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:42 pm

I feel your pain Crucifido, betrayal is a strong statement though. ?This could all turn out to be B.S. I want to hear from Kobe whats really going on. Speculation from an anonymous source don't mean nothing to me.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby crucifido on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:44 pm

True, true, it is specualtion, but if Kobe doesn't come out this weekedn to try and diffuse some of this, then I can only take it as fact and I can only assume that Kobe doesn't care one bit about the Lakers, his teammates, his fans or about winning this year. And if the Lakers have even one guy on their team (let alone the imapct they have on the play of the team) who doesn't care about winning it all, it makes it awfully tough to do so.

It kills me to even talk about this stuff while the Lakers are trying to run for another ring. The more I type about, it the angrier I get at Kobe about starting this whole rollercoaster ride in the first place.
Last edited by crucifido on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:47 pm

Agreed, he'd better address this issue before it gets too much bigger. And if by chance it does affect anyones play on the court, then we are indeed screwed.
Danny Ainge

Postby Guest on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:58 pm

crucifido wrote:True, true, it is specualtion, but if Kobe doesn't come out this weekedn to try and diffuse some of this, then I can only take it as fact and I can only assume that Kobe doesn't care one bit about the Lakers, his teammates, his fans or about winning this year. And if the Lakers have even one guy on their team (let alone the imapct they have on the play of the team) who doesn't care about winning it all, it makes it awfully tough to do so.

It kills me to even talk about this stuff while the Lakers are trying to run for another ring. The more I type about, it the angrier I get at Kobe about starting this whole rollercoaster ride in the first place.
It's nice to see another fan stating the facts on here. Most people on here just blame Shaq when things aren't perfect like every problem this team has is his fault or something. I've been saying this all along - this tailspin started this past summer when Kobe selfishly had a "secret" surgery and then took it upon himself to drag the entire Lakers organization through the media circus called his sexual assault case. Whether you want to admit it or not, he has been a major distraction and has also caused dissention between himself and others on the team. I believe that the organization in general is tired of it and that they will let him walk away after the season. This could have been a fairly-tale season for the Lakers. We signed Payton and Malone in June and everything looked like it was falling into place. But no, no more than a couple weeks later, Kobe gets arrested and this whole circus starts and tarnishes what could have been a dream year. Instead of the focus being on getting everyone into training camp on time and healthy, we instead were all hearing about this case in Colorado and his teammates were harassed by reporters with questions about Kobe instead of the upcoming season. Make no mistake about it, this season can still result in a championship if we get it together SOON, but the sad part is, when we all look back upon this season no matter what the end result is, Kobe's legal situation is what will come to mind first, not what the team did or did not accomplish. SAD!!!

purple and gold

Postby belly6 on Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:59 pm

First and Foremost. kobe can only take his being with him. He can not take the colors. we are al Kobe fans for one reason. the same reason we visit LG. I am a huge fan of #8. However if he leaves he will only become a hi-lite reel on somone elses team. It is extremly important for Shaq to understand what happened in Houston the other night. The integrity of this team really lyes with him due to our Financial commitment to him. there are many scenarios in which we could be a better team without Kobe. Here are just a few trades for Kobe.
Alan Houston and Rasheed (Knicks can make deal with Hawks)
Allen and Rashard
Amare and marion
Peja and Jackson (dont laugh...ok laugh)
AI and bra.....whatever that young studs name is.
the point is that Kobe is valuble. I like to think he would make a POSSIBLE transition lucrative for the Lakers as well. It comes down to Shaq reinventing himself.
belly6

Postby crucifido on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:00 pm

AMEN xxx!!!
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Re: purple and gold

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:03 pm

belly6 wrote:First and Foremost. kobe can only take his being with him. He can not take the colors. we are al Kobe fans for one reason. the same reason we visit LG. I am a huge fan of #8. However if he leaves he will only become a hi-lite reel on somone elses team. It is extremly important for Shaq to understand what happened in Houston the other night. The integrity of this team really lyes with him due to our Financial commitment to him. there are many scenarios in which we could be a better team without Kobe. Here are just a few trades for Kobe.
Alan Houston and Rasheed (Knicks can make deal with Hawks)
Allen and Rashard
Amare and marion
Peja and Jackson (dont laugh...ok laugh)
AI and bra.....whatever that young studs name is.
the point is that Kobe is valuble. I like to think he would make a POSSIBLE transition lucrative for the Lakers as well. It comes down to Shaq reinventing himself.

Lakers won't trade Kobe, just forget about it, Mitch has bit more sense than any one gives him credit for.
Danny Ainge

Postby crucifido on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:06 pm

Buss and Kupchak have come out several times saying they would never trade Kobe, so that isn't going to happen.

Besides, I'd rather not see Kobe traded for anyone. I would love to see the Lakers rise bazck up with some key free agent acquisitions, make a run and watch Kobe wallow in his slefishness as he sits at home in June. That way he can truly see what it's like "haaving his own team".
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby SnakeDoctor on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:10 pm

i think kobe is already gone.........gone, gone, gone.

its been a great run and i will hate to see him go, but all signs are pointing to him leaving. like i said in the other kobe is leaving thread, kobe hates shaq, hates phil, hates the limitations of the triangle, and wants to be free to go off.....

nobody is a bigger kobe fan than myself, but it looks as if he will be leaving. this news isnt breaking today, its been leading up to this for years now.

now lets get one more ring on the way out the door, kobe, cuz when you leave, it will be a while when/if you get another!!!
SnakeDoctor

Postby kmoney27 on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:16 pm

That Peja and Bobby Jackson for Kobe, isn't a bad idea. I would take that trade..
kmoney27

Postby zetaw00d on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:33 pm

Buss will not trade Kobe!!! Kobe's trade value will not be as high because of the rape case!!! Kobe will not leave LA or the Lakers!!! I will only believe if he says himselft that he will leave....
zetaw00d

Postby Anti-Fish on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:57 pm

zetaw00d wrote:Buss will not trade Kobe!!! Kobe's trade value will not be as high because of the rape case!!! Kobe will not leave LA or the Lakers!!! I will only believe if he says himselft that he will leave....

Michael Jackson is not BLACK.
OJ is INNOCENT.
Bill Clinton did not have SEX.
Jesus is a good name for a mexican baby.

Deny..Deny...Deny...OPEN YOUR EYES....OPEN YOUR EYES...
Anti-Fish

Postby crucifido on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:59 pm

Anti-Fish = meaningless, pointless, of no value.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Anti-Fish on Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:02 pm

crucifido = Red Neck, homeless and NO HUEVOS.
Anti-Fish

Postby crucifido on Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:04 pm

Ah yes, Anti-Fish, I remember my first beer...

Anti-Fish = meaningless, pointless, of no value to anyone.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:11 pm

You guys, cut this stuff out. Let's just talk ball here.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion