Kobe makes All NBA 1st team; Dwight 3rd

Re: Kobe makes All NBA 1st team; Dwight 3rd

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri May 24, 2013 12:08 am

Well deserved....he played until he couldn't play anymore..

Dwight on the other hand must take this as motivation. Old man Duncan and a Grizzly over him is an insult.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Armani on Fri May 24, 2013 12:25 am

Lol @ Kobe is Monta Ellis comment. I am not a big numbers guy.... but I am thinking there's a difference between...

27 points/ 6 assists/ 5 bounds @ 46 FG% / 32 3PT%/ 83 FT % to 19 points/ 6 assists/ 3 bounds @ 41 FG%/ 27 3PT%/ 77 FT%? Just wondering. :man3:

Dwight and Kobe were placed about right, I thought. Dwight should be back to 1st team next year.
Armani

Postby OX1947 on Fri May 24, 2013 2:57 pm

So Kobe is tied for 1st all-time, for the most All-NBA 1st team and All-NBA defense 1st team. 15 straight all-star teams, 1st all-time, that's with one of those years not having one. The contradictions from both sides is hilarious. So, Kobe is given accolades for his name recognition. Yet, he us hated by the media. Which one is it? Can't have boff.
OX1947

Postby JGC on Fri May 24, 2013 3:00 pm

OX1947 wrote:So Kobe is tied for 1st all-time, for the most All-NBA 1st team and All-NBA defense 1st team. 15 straight all-star teams, 1st all-time, that's with one of those years not having one. The contradictions from both sides is hilarious. So, Kobe is given accolades for his name recognition. Yet, he us hated by the media. Which one is it? Can't have boff.

The truth is, really, neither, or both. Haha.

Kobe isn't, actually, hated by the media at all.

The reason it might appear that way, on a Lakers fan forum, is that the media doesn't necessarily love or even embrace him the way WE do.

So while Kobe might not get the can't-do-no-wrong treatment from the media, he gets more love than 99% of the players in the league save probably Lebron James.

I too get annoyed with the whole victim mentality of woe is me, the world hates me. Ever since Dwayne Wade did that when he talked about how everyone should be happy now because they were losing, I lost total respect for him.

(WTS, go Kobe, first team all NBA!)
JGC

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion