Kobe May Need Surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kobe May Need Surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby siiknthuhed on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:46 pm

Thursday, June 5

All-Star guard could miss summer tourney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

Los Angeles Lakers All-Star Kobe Bryant will need offseason surgery on his right shoulder, according to a report by ESPN's Jim Gray.

But in a statement Thursday, the Lakers said Bryant will seek a second opinion before making a final decision on whether to proceed with surgery.

Bryant underwent an MRI exam Wednesday on his shoulder at Kerlan Jobe Medical Center. Results showed a labrum tear in his right shoulder.

The 6-8 guard was scheduled to play with the U.S. team at this summer's Olympic qualifying tournament in Puerto Rico, Aug. 20-31. Not only is Bryant expected to miss that tournament, he may also be in jeopardy of missing the start of the 2003-04 NBA season, according to Gray.

Bryant originally injured his shoulder April 22 in Game 2 of the Lakers' first round playoff series against Minnesota. But he continued to play until the Lakers were eliminated by San Antonio in the second round.

Despite the injury, Bryant averaged 32.1 points, 5.1 rebounds and 5.2 assists in 12 playoff games.

After the decisive Game 6 of that series, which ended the Lakers' three-year reign as NBA champions, Bryant said: "I'm ready to get right in the gym tonight and start getting ready for next year. I don't like this feeling. I really don't. And I don't want to have this feeling ever again."

His return to the gym now could be a much longer wait.

I DONT KNOW IF ITS BEEN POSTED YET?
siiknthuhed

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:48 pm

Yes, thanks for posting this, but it's already been posted here: http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=723

But welcome to the board, hope to see ya stick around.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby siiknthuhed on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:49 pm

cool.....Didn't see it just saw it on ESPN.....

peace
siiknthuhed

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:50 pm

It's all good, thanks for posting this... Yea, I just saw Kobe live on Sportcenter too...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:41 pm

OMG I'm scared hopefully this is all a bad dream and I'll awake from it.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:03 pm

this season has just been a string of bad luck!!!! Chicky passes/Shaqs toe/Shaq loses granfather/Kobe reveals his father disowns him/Shaqs bad knee/Fox ankle/George's ankle/PHIL heart/Stu gets canned from the simulcast and KOBE will need surgery...... am I forgetting anything?.... I mean WTF!! what else could go wrong?.... whats next, Tex Winters suffers from HEMROIDS?...
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby pltan on Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:57 pm

Poor guy's gonna be bummed considering the off-season training he normally dedicates himself to.
pltan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:00 pm

It's not really a season of Bad Luck... We are only dealt cards that we can get through sooner or later.. What doesnt kill ya, only makes ya stronger and that much more prepared for whats in store... Don't worry, we got this next season on lock...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:53 pm

Yes, we had three healthy seasons... I mean think about how truely lucky we were for avoiding injuries... Extremely...

Think what woulda happened if Foxy and George never got injured... Hmmm...

:pipe:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion