Kobe Now Appreciates His Former Foe

Re: Kobe Now Appreciates His Former Foe

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:31 pm

I thought I saw Fox, wasn't sure though. Still, one former teammate shows up and Kobe takes heat? The guy can't win, it's a joke.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Weezy wrote:I thought I saw Fox, wasn't sure though. Still, one former teammate shows up and Kobe takes heat? The guy can't win, it's a joke.

can't stop haters from hating....
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Weezy wrote:I can't believe people (ESPN) are making a big deal out of this. :man10: How many other former teammates of Shaq were at this ceremony? Any? How many spoke? None, other than Kobe's recorded message. This is a jersey retirement, not a hall of fame induction ceremony. Why is it Kobe's duty to be out there as one of Shaq's many, many teammates, in the middle of the most important game of the season in a battle for the playoffs? It's unprecedented for one thing (at least in my lifetime of watching NBA ball) to have a jersey retired this soon, while former teammates are still playing, it would be a non issue if it were done normally, and Kobe probably would have been out there had it happened in 20 years.

simply because it is easier to hate on Kobe. I mean, lets face it if LBJ was doing what Kobe is doing now there would be 30 for 30 shows about it talking about how great he is. This guy played two straight full games on a sore ankle and a bonespurs in his foot to lead his team to victory and keep the playoff hopes alive. Anyone in sports media talking about this years amazing play by the old man? Hell no. They instead ask questions like "Should Kobe have been out there for Shaqs Jersey"? Or "Did Kobe get away with a no-call at the end of the game?" Hell I just saw a clip of Critton and they had him in his Lakers jersery because LA sells papers. Hating LA sells. Hating LA and Kobe makes you "unbias" and able to "keep it real". Fricken joke. SHaq's night turned once again into a Kobe vs Shaq thing. Same old pathetic media. Sadly some fans here aren't much better.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby gcclaker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Weezy wrote:I can't believe people (ESPN) are making a big deal out of this. :man10: How many other former teammates of Shaq were at this ceremony? Any? How many spoke? None, other than Kobe's recorded message. This is a jersey retirement, not a hall of fame induction ceremony. Why is it Kobe's duty to be out there as one of Shaq's many, many teammates, in the middle of the most important game of the season in a battle for the playoffs? It's unprecedented for one thing (at least in my lifetime of watching NBA ball) to have a jersey retired this soon, while former teammates are still playing, it would be a non issue if it were done normally, and Kobe probably would have been out there had it happened in 20 years.

Take something that is or should be a non-issue, blow it up and make it into a story hoping for a reaction. Voila! Instant ratings! Age old practice. Pathetic? Yes but it is part of dealing with the media. I sincerely hope O'Neal doesn't run with it too since they are both in a better place according to him.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:42 pm

gcclaker wrote:

Take something that is or should be a non-issue, blow it up and make it into a story hoping for a reaction. Voila! Instant ratings! Age old practice. Pathetic? Yes but it is part of dealing with the media. I sincerely hope O'Neal doesn't run with it too since they are both in a better place according to him.

Shaq plays the media too, just saying...wouldn't shock me if he uses this issue to his benefit.
khmrP

Postby Kubbas on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:05 pm

I can see Kobe all in sweat getting up there and speaking in the middle of a big game

yeah yeah of course start the conspiracy he doesnt like Shaq

Alvin Gentry wrote:"Was that Kobe or was that Michael?"
"We played the best player in basketball. I don't think its even close."
Kubbas

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:thats your opinion
and I think you're wrong.
Kobe was wrong for not going out there the Bill Plaschke said it all.

I really think you should stop.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lqv2015 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Weezy wrote:It's unprecedented for one thing (at least in my lifetime of watching NBA ball) to have a jersey retired this soon, while former teammates are still playing, it would be a non issue if it were done normally, and Kobe probably would have been out there had it happened in 20 years.

I've never been a fan of celebrating an athlete 20 years after he retires to give him a ceremony. I'd like it to be between 5-10 years. Nothing is promised that you'd wake up the next morning.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:29 pm

So the guys at 710...Mark Willard and Ben Lyons had a 2 hour show in the morning calling Kobe's message to Shaq at halftime, forgettable and not heartfelt and then bash him for not coming out at halftime...lol then in the afternoon Marcellus Wiley continues this. Ridiculous

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:35 pm

The Rock wrote:So the guys at 710...Mark Willard and Ben Lyons had a 2 hour show in the morning calling Kobe's message to Shaq at halftime, forgettable and not heartfelt and then bash him for not coming out at halftime...lol then in the afternoon Marcellus Wiley continues this. Ridiculous

haters gonna hate
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:59 pm

All this proves that Kobe truly is the rightful heir for GOAT. They go out of their way to try and knock this dude down. It is pretty pathetic really.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kenshi1023 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:20 pm

maybe shaq didn't want kobe out there in the first place????
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:21 pm

The Rock wrote:So the guys at 710...Mark Willard and Ben Lyons had a 2 hour show in the morning calling Kobe's message to Shaq at halftime, forgettable and not heartfelt and then bash him for not coming out at halftime...lol then in the afternoon Marcellus Wiley continues this. Ridiculous

so I'm not the only one who thinks Kobe not coming out wasn't right.
Maluco Beleza

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:

mark willard is clueless in general, so if you agree with that buffoon, that's on you.

1. kobe has no obligation to go out there
2. he went out of his way to tape a speech
3. you'd be on kobe if he did come out and the lakers somehow lost the game
4. the lakers could have done it before the game if they wanted, so why don't you blame them?
5. hahahahaha at you agreeing with mark willard.
Pig Miller

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Pig Miller wrote:
Maluco Beleza wrote:

mark willard is clueless in general, so if you agree with that buffoon, that's on you.

1. kobe has no obligation to go out there
2. he went out of his way to tape a speech
3. you'd be on kobe if he did come out and the lakers somehow lost the game
4. the lakers could have done it before the game if they wanted, so why don't you blame them?
5. hahahahaha at you agreeing with mark willard.

#3 is only partially correct... The poster you quoted would blame Kobe no matter what had happened in the game.
#5 he also agreed with Bill "I hate LA" Plasche too
puffyusaf#2

Postby TIME on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Pig Miller wrote:mark willard is clueless in general, so if you agree with that buffoon, that's on you.

I generally change the station when Willard is on mic.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cleansed on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:25 pm

The Rock wrote:
Kobe Bryant's absence during Shaq's jersey retirement fairly simple. Needs to prepare for the game

"I couldn’t," said Bryant, who taped a video tribute for Shaq. "It was too big of a game. I couldn’t do that. I just couldn’t. I wish I could, but this game was a huge huge game for us. I had to make sure I stayed back here, stretch and get ready for the second half. I wish I could’ve, but it’s impossible. I watched it on TV as mucha s I could."

Would you want Shaq be out there in jersey retirement?

"Not if he’s engaged in a playoff chase," Bryant said with a smile. "I appreciate you guys trying to start some s*** just for old time’s sake. I’ll help you out and say, F** him. I didn’t want to go out there."

:jam2:

That's a grown man comment.

At some point (and Kobe has been this way for a while now) you've got to call the trolling attempts out as soon as they are made.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:44 am

Maluco Beleza wrote:

No you're not, but that doesn't make it right.

Many people can hold the wrong opinion.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:08 am

oh Kobe, should learn by now....some media dbag is just gona use his F him comment out of context :man10:
khmrP

Postby dmaul on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:53 am

Maluco Beleza wrote:thats your opinion
and I think you're wrong.
Kobe was wrong for not going out there the Bill Plaschke said it all.

Bill Plaschke is the biggest tool at the LA Times. It disappoints me that they let Mark Heisler go and they kept this bum.
dmaul

Postby Finwë on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 am

It's both hilarious and disturbing how people are really making a big deal out of Kobe not coming out and just recording a video (which was actually very good, don't know where Willard is coming from saying it was forgettable -I don't know who Willard is btw-).
It's either people doing anything to get ratings or ignorance really being a plague..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:03 am

^from the supporters of this nonsense I chalk it up too sheer stupidity, lack of understanding all together and senseless BS.
puffyusaf#2

Postby trodgers on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:42 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1593508-shaq-gets-fancy-new-retirement-ring-from-kobe-bryant-old-lakers-teammates?utm_campaign=marketing&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=br_lakers

Shaq's former teammates - Fish, Kobe, Fox - buy Shaq a retirement ring with some bling. Really obvious that Kobe is disrespecting Shaq (somehow) by doing this.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gcclaker on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:51 pm

trodgers wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1593508-shaq-gets-fancy-new-retirement-ring-from-kobe-bryant-old-lakers-teammates?utm_campaign=marketing&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=br_lakers

Shaq's former teammates - Fish, Kobe, Fox - buy Shaq a retirement ring with some bling. Really obvious that Kobe is disrespecting Shaq (somehow) by doing this.

Yeah BUT was Bryant there to personally present it to O'Neal and slip it on his finger? Therein lies the rub! If he wasn't loads of people would be disappointed and butthurt.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:16 pm

gcclaker wrote:
trodgers wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1593508-shaq-gets-fancy-new-retirement-ring-from-kobe-bryant-old-lakers-teammates?utm_campaign=marketing&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=br_lakers

Yeah BUT was Bryant there to personally present it to O'Neal and slip it on his finger? Therein lies the rub! If he wasn't loads of people would be disappointed and butthurt.

Exactly, or Kobe must not still like Shaq because the ring isn't bigger than the one he gave his wife.

The "troll" will come up with something, we're just waiting...........
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion