Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Image
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Image

You guys bought that one pretty nicely. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby John3:16 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Smush quit against Phoenix the 2nd time we played them. Flat out quit.

Kobe got a team that started Kwame, Odom, Luke, and Smush to a game 7 against Phoenix. Kobe averaged 35. No one else in that starting lineup ever scored 35 in a NBA game. Not even once. Kobe had to average it to squeak into the playoffs. And he wasn't MVP?

:bang:
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31868
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Smush has a bad attitude, but Kobe has got to let it go man, who cares about Smush? Why is Kobe still talking about him?
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Smush has a bad attitude, but Kobe has got to let it go man, who cares about Smush? Why is Kobe still talking about him?

Read the interview. Someone asked him about the MVPs that Steve Nash won and he gave an honest answer: he was playing with garbage while Nash had a good team. Kobe put up great numbers and got his team into the playoffs. Nash had great numbers too, but his team was much better.

That's Kobe's argument anyway.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 pm

therealdeal wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Smush has a bad attitude, but Kobe has got to let it go man, who cares about Smush? Why is Kobe still talking about him?

Read the interview. Someone asked him about the MVPs that Steve Nash won and he gave an honest answer: he was playing with garbage while Nash had a good team. Kobe put up great numbers and got his team into the playoffs. Nash had great numbers too, but his team was much better.

That's Kobe's argument anyway.


Better answer would have been..."Well Steve had better talent around him than I did at the time"
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Kobe is absolutely right and what he said was not out of line. William Parker is playing overseas for a reason... the dude fricken sucks. In fact most of that team Kobe played with is out of the league. I have argued myself that Kwame Brown was one of the best big men defenders in the game, period. He was craptastic on offense. So much so that even Kwame admitted it. Kobe probably wouldn't have gone hard at Parker had Parker not came out talking crap after he left LA about Kobe and org.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30734
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby revgen on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Kobe may not admit it, but he probably isn't happy that 3 seasons of his prime were wasted playing with guys like Smush and Kwame. The one season in his prime that he spent with an adequate roster was the only season he won an MVP award.

He'll probably be griping about those 3 seasons (2004-2005, 2005-2006, and 2006-2007) long after he retires.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21722
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Smush has a bad attitude, but Kobe has got to let it go man, who cares about Smush? Why is Kobe still talking about him?

Read the interview. Someone asked him about the MVPs that Steve Nash won and he gave an honest answer: he was playing with garbage while Nash had a good team. Kobe put up great numbers and got his team into the playoffs. Nash had great numbers too, but his team was much better.

That's Kobe's argument anyway.


Better answer would have been..."Well Steve had better talent around him than I did at the time"


An even better answer would have been... "Nash deserved the MVP because by-golly he was the best in the NBA at the time. The voters got it 100% correct and I am honored to play with a 2-time MVP."
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30734
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:50 pm

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby John3:16 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:51 pm

revgen wrote:Kobe may not admit it, but he probably isn't happy that 3 seasons of his prime were wasted playing with guys like Smush and Kwame. The one season in his prime that he spent with an adequate roster was the only season he won an MVP award.

He'll probably be griping about those 3 seasons (2004-2005, 2005-2006, and 2006-2007) long after he retires.


Not just his prime. The prime of his prime! The pinnacle of his game was wasted. Imagine if he had a great team around him when he was capable of going for 50 any (every) night.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31868
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby dj vitus on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Kobe is absolutely right in saying that he deserved the MVP with that group instead of Nash getting it with the group he had in Phoenix. If you take Kobe off that team, we don't even make the playoffs. Without Nash, Phoenix had at least some talent to at least make the postseason.

But to me, the MVP award is really tainted and I can care less about who wins it. The fact that Kobe only has 1 MVP in his illustrious career speaks volumes about the legitimacy of the MVP award.

Yeah, and to think he was one or two losses away from losing that MVP award. :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9480
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby JSM on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:13 pm

I feel bad for Kobe. Yes, he's played with some incredible players -- Shaq, Pau, Drew, Malone & GP (even though that didn't work out), and now D12 & Nash. But he's also had to deal with the who's who of the NBA rejects. The D-League wouldn't even accept half of that garbage today. No superstar should have to endure the likes of Smush, Tierre, Atkins, Mihm, Walker, Kwame, Samake, Slava, Cook, Luke, Knight, Morrison, Madsen, and Gump :hurl:
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 pm

^^I guess I can see that to some respect..... but in the history of the NBA there have been some really great players that have played with no-one.... EVER! Kobe will have played with several other hall of famers.... How many did Pete Maravich play with?

I'd say Kobe is very fortunate to have a chance to endure through three separate incarnations of the Lakers and could win titles with all 3.... Magic didn't make it that far..... neither did Kareem....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23033
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby 432J on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:34 pm

kobe's career is odd in the sense that he won titles before he reached his prime, and then towards the later stages of his career. never in his prime. i just imagine what it would have been like if he had been surrounded by decent players during his prime
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby kobeslaker on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:07 am

432J wrote:kobe's career is odd in the sense that he won titles before he reached his prime, and then towards the later stages of his career. never in his prime. i just imagine what it would have been like if he had been surrounded by decent players during his prime


Maybe I am just wrong, but I think that's why he is going to be The Mamba.
With talented players around him, he may looked good, but not GOAT good.

Thanks to those garbage D-League ballers that I can review the 81 pts game over and over again.
User avatar
kobeslaker

 
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:02 pm
Location: Taiwan

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby ben_ready on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:48 am

The shooting gawd KB speaking that networth yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: los angeles

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby ben_ready on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:55 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Smush has a bad attitude, but Kobe has got to let it go man, who cares about Smush? Why is Kobe still talking about him?

Read the interview. Someone asked him about the MVPs that Steve Nash won and he gave an honest answer: he was playing with garbage while Nash had a good team. Kobe put up great numbers and got his team into the playoffs. Nash had great numbers too, but his team was much better.

That's Kobe's argument anyway.



Better answer would have been..."Well Steve had better talent around him than I did at the time"


An even better answer would have been... "Nash deserved the MVP because by-golly he was the best in the NBA at the time. The voters got it 100% correct and I am honored to play with a 2-time MVP."

How can you be the best when you only play one side of the ball? Are you kidding me. Everybody knew Kobe was the greatest at the time. Yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: los angeles

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby strategos on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:40 am

ben_ready wrote:How can you be the best when you only play one side of the ball? Are you kidding me. Everybody knew Kobe was the greatest at the time. Yell™


Did you ever come across the term "sarcasm" Yellwhatever?
User avatar
strategos

 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:06 am
Location: Poland, Wroclaw

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby kblo247 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:47 am

I see it this way.

Kobe truly has had a great career but it is weird in the fact that he in his peak years, lets just call them that had no shot at all at a ring with a roster the d league wouldn't run out beside him and Lamar.

He won young before he peaked and old after he had peaked and had had his knee operated on twice, ankle, and shoulder too on top of the arthritic hand. Jordan, Shaq, Lebron now, Bird, Magic all got to play for a title at their absolute best basketball and physical wise. Kobe has won, done a hell of a lot, but it will forever eat at him that he never got the chance to be the best Kobe he could be while winning or competing for the title. It may seem petty, but its the competitor in him that will never accept that he was robbed of that because its what he grew up watching the legends before in the top 10 list have a chance to do sans Wilt and Bill. He'll always hold that against Buss, Mitch, and the scrub talent tbh
Image
User avatar
kblo247

 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:48 am

Magic Skywalker wrote:"Just got one more than Mike. And you can take that to the bank"

I cannot imagine the world of asshurt that Kobe will bestow to the Jordan fans and Kobe haters. :man10:

Hell, that might even drive Jordan to pay off some team to let him play! :man10:
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

Image
User avatar
24K GOLD

 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:41 am
Location: Camp Nou

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby 24K GOLD on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:52 am

kray28 wrote:Smush was trash....he had talent, but no humility, and his fat ego thought he was on Kobe's level (or something).

Is ego the only thing that's fat about Smush's existence these days?
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

Image
User avatar
24K GOLD

 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:41 am
Location: Camp Nou

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby GT-R on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:09 am

OX1947 wrote:Kwame Brown was 10 times worse then Smush.


How? Kwame is actually a good man to man defender in the low post that's why he will always have a job in the NBA. Smush? There is a reason why he has not played in the NBA in years and no GM wants him on their team.

Kwame tried his best and gave it 100% when he was with the Lakers unlike Smush who was a cancer on the team. When multiple players and personnel have a problem with a player then you know something is wrong. Smush only cared about himself and not the team. Smush burned way too many bridges after his first year in LA.

Usually when guys are at peace with their decision to retire, they become more open towards the end of their career and are not afraid to speak their mind.
#firemikebrown
GT-R

 
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby nameant on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:36 am

OX1947 wrote:Kwame Brown was 10 times worse then Smush.


Umm....no.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25328
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Re: Kobe's revealing interview about Smush & Kwame

Postby 432J on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:03 am

i still think kobe should have kept his mouth shut about smush though

why keep bringing it up? it's been 5 years since he last played for the lakers. there comes a time to let things go. kobe should say to himself "yeah he's said some things about me but ignoring him would make him look like even more of a loser"
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.