KOBE!! RUN THE PICK N ROLL W/ SLAVA AND PASS!!!!!!

KOBE!! RUN THE PICK N ROLL W/ SLAVA AND PASS!!!!!!

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 9:41 am

Is it just me, or did Kobe run the pick n roll w/ Slava and fail to pass the ball?!?! I found Slava WIDE OPEN numerous times when they would run it, but Kobe would rather ballhog and force up jumpers!!! The pick n roll would work in our favor only because defense puts more pressure on Kobe!! They probably don't even know what Slava is capable of and w/ this play, Slava would be playing his game. I realized Slava didn't seem to play so well in the past because they would try to make him a post up player which he doesn't seem to be. He is shooter and they should run more plays in his favor.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 9:50 am

Well, I LOVE being right all the time! JUST LOVE IT TO DEATH!!!!

How many of y'all said I was nuts sayin' that Slava was our best PF and that we should play him. That his defense was good (did you see Duncan struggle against him, even get that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] foul call on that bloacked shot?) and that he could rebound and play well under pressure... I say we get PJ Brown next year and use him as a back up for Slava and use the MLE on a different player. We definately need to get rid of Horry though, he was worth the money if he could do what we pay him to do (which is play well in crunch time) but when he can't even provide the small yet critical things we over pay him for, he becomes totally worthless and obsolete and thus we need to spend the 5 mil a year on a GOOD player.

Kobe did well last night, he made the right decisions when it REALLY counted and those two fouls Bowen should have gotten (the one on the steal, which coincedentally did NOT translate into SA points, where Bruce came down on is left arm and the one at the end [on the pass of to Horry] where Bruce jumped INTO Kobe...when is that NOT a foul...) and there was also a foul on Parker on Horry on that last shot attempt of the game...
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 9:52 am

I give you much props bro... You were right from the start and I failed to see that... *high five* What about Janerro Pargo?? Don't you feel he should get more minutes as well?!?! He didn't cause a single TO throughout the whole game and he is growing up fast...
Lakers4Ever

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 14, 2003 10:11 am

Yeah I was unsure of Janerro...but in the old forum, I posted several times claiming he was better than Phil was letting on and should have been developed in the regular season. If a player can play well under the extremely pressurized situations of last night, they can sure as hell play well in the regualr season. Isn't it funny that we might already have the Power Forward and Point Guard we have been calling for all season...We need to add a few other Power Forwards, that is clear, but we need to add back up PFs because slava is the guy (at 24 in late april) who I think is the future for us at the position. Pargo is good, but I think his talents aren't suited for the triangle so we should try to get GA, JT or one of my choices...Damon Stoudamire.
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed May 14, 2003 10:24 am

I would have to disagree once again. I feel Pargo is just what we need for this triangle offense. Rather than just simply dribblin the ball up court and passing around the perimeter, he can also add a drive to the whole and dish out... You know what I mean? This triangle is a slow offense and with an addition to speed, it will throw off the opposing teams. The opponents are so used to its slow style, but Pargo always seems to add a little punch to it to wake up his teammates. I seem to notice it.
Lakers4Ever

Return to Lakers Discussion