Kobe says "It Will Be Fine"

Kobe says "It Will Be Fine"

Postby murcielago62 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:42 pm

Laker claims innocence in alleged assault, saying, "You know I would never do something like that."
In a calm voice, Laker star Kobe Bryant asserted his innocence Saturday, eight days after being arrested and booked on suspicion of felony sexual assault in Eagle County, Colo.

"When everything comes clean, it will all be fine, you'll see," Bryant said during a brief telephone interview.

Bryant declined to discuss the case, but said, "But you guys know me, I shouldn't have to say anything. You know I would never do something like that."
He sounded surprised at the rumors being spread about that night.

"Man, there's a lot of crazy stories out there," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kob ... nes-sports
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby KOBE8 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:19 pm

well im glad kobe spoke out about this. It makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Hopefully he will be cleared soon so he can concentrate on bball :jam2:
KOBE8

Postby murcielago62 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:23 pm

KOBE8 wrote:well im glad kobe spoke out about this. It makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Hopefully he will be cleared soon so he can concentrate on bball :jam2:

Yeah, the interview really helped my confidence on this whole thing. I hope he'll be fully exonerated.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Lakerqueen on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:23 pm

Where did you get this interview from? Can you post the link please?
Lakerqueen

Postby murcielago62 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:24 pm

murcielago62

Postby Return2Showtime on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:30 pm

Well, either Kobe's gotten really cocky and doesn't think that anything will happen to him because of who he is, or he really didn't do anything. (I'm going with the second one) :spin:
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:59 pm

Murcie, always post a link, and only important notes from articles. Don't post the whole thing, cuz that's plagerism, u know? Thanx for the info!! See, we dont need kobe to speak out, we know he's innocent!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:02 pm

When I saw this, it really relieved me of the little doubt I had that Kobe was innocent. I'm glad Kobe spoke out in a manner that can't be twisted in any way by the media or the DA. I don't think charges will be pressed.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby shaqass on Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:35 am

"... You guys know me," Bryant said. "I shouldn't have to say anything. You know I would never do something like that."

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0712/1580042.html

Don't take me wrong, I love Kobe and I hope he hasn't done anything but this statement above is not really clever, my opinion. What is he trying to say with this sentence? I have the feeling he tried to use his nice image to convince us of his innocense. I would have prefer to hear something like "I am innocent." but this "you guys know me" :man3: :man3: :man3:

Bling it back!!!!!!!!
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:41 am

I'm glad that Kobe speaked out. Even though we all know that this accusation is not true, hearing from him, provides us, the fans, a re-assurance that everything will be ok.

And to all those Kings, Spurs, and Dallas fans who were wishing that he did do it.....well just go to hell.

I've been visiting the teams sites for these respective teams and most of these idiots were just hoping that he did it, so that he wouldn't play and give these losers a better chance of winning. These idiots can't understand that a man's life and future is at stake here. Basketball is just a game and these losers can't understand this.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Return2Showtime on Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:48 am

shaqass wrote:"... You guys know me," Bryant said. "I shouldn't have to say anything. You know I would never do something like that."

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0712/1580042.html

Don't take me wrong, I love Kobe and I hope he hasn't done anything but this statement above is not really clever, my opinion. What is he trying to say with this sentence? I have the feeling he tried to use his nice image to convince us of his innocense. I would have prefer to hear something like "I am innocent." but this "you guys know me" :man3: :man3: :man3:

Bling it back!!!!!!!!

I don't know if it matters too much what Kobe says. No matter which way he tries to prove his innocence (By saying "I am innocent" or "You guys know me..."), it's not going to be much if there is some kind of conclusive evidence that they can use to show he did something. We could be saying the same things if he said "I am innocent." No matter what he says, we have to wait to see if charges are filed or not before we can really say that he didn't do anything.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby Coppertop on Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:00 am

Personally, I am completely willing to accept and believe what he says until somebody proves to me otherwise. I don't give a crap about what sheriff or DA fruitcakes tell me. Show ME the evidence.
Coppertop

Postby BDG on Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:34 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:I've been visiting the teams sites for these respective teams and most of these idiots were just hoping that he did it, so that he wouldn't play and give these losers a better chance of winning. These idiots can't understand that a man's life and future is at stake here. Basketball is just a game and these losers can't understand this.
Actually I went to Sackings.com and I saw people who HONESTLY wished Kobe well... I was shocked. I didn't expect them of all people to act like that. They must know what it's like cuz of Webber...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:27 am

More good news. I'm glad that Kobe is confident.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby kingjsun on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:34 am

A lot will be happening for the Laker organization this week. Cool thing is, it looks to be ALL GOOD NEWS.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby Reddy on Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:52 pm

yeah!
u go kobe!
he is innocent he said it himself! :bow:
get cleeeeeeered!!!!!!!! :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby STC on Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:50 pm

That's the best thing I've heard all week. I think Kobe's popularity may just soar after this whole thing comes out with him fully exonerated. Then all the media will turn thier attention to the authorities in Colorado, and all the collossal misjudgements and unproffessionalism they exhibited.
STC

Return to Lakers Discussion