KOBE's Shoe contract?

KOBE's Shoe contract?

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 11:46 am

anything new on KOBE's shoe contract? From his performance this season I'm sure he will be gettting a Fat shoe contract soon.
How the heck Lebron James get 100 million from NIKE? He hasn't done [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] to prove his worth yet. :man7: NIKE spent its money to an unproven talent who has yet to step into the NBA. Come'on JAMES was playin with kids whom he towers over while, KOBE was dominating men. That money should have gone to KOBE because he is the BEST player in the NBA. It just shows you that theres a lot of KOBE haters out there which is now even trickling down to the corporates. :bang:

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
Last edited by #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 3:03 pm

That means Reebok will sign Carmello Anthony and Kobe will be left out in the cold with no good shoe deal...that should give him some serious motivation that LeBron and Carmello are gonna get more respect than him even though they have accomplished zilch compared with Kobe. People just don't think he is that good, for whatever reason, and he will have the opportunity now to prove them wrong. They think he is on the way down because he lost in the playoffs...they have him pegged so incorrectly that they will either have to give him record money or watch him bring his talent to another company and give them mountainous profits...
Snakell Beast

Postby MIKEDOG on Thu May 22, 2003 3:53 pm

NIke has already worked out a deal with Anthony for thier apperal. I doubt Reebock is gonna sign a guy that is already linked to Nike.
MIKEDOG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 4:14 pm

I thought I was trippin when did this SHOW contract.... :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 8:19 pm

OK, I just read that Mello signed with Nike. Kobe has already been rejected by Reebok and Adidas and Kobe agreed that their relationship was dead...Looks like Kobe is signing with Keds....
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 8:34 pm

LOL... KEDS?..... LOL Maybe he can go with PROWINGS..... he can start a trend... lol..

I actually liked ADDIDAS with him in it. I like that commercial when he's on that motorcycle riding to the staples center. I heard KOBE even brought in AUDI the car manufaturer to design his last shoe.

Anyways, it'll all work itself out. When NIKE flops with that Lebron deal they come crawling to KOBE..... unless another teenager comes out next year that will supposedly be the next big thing. All this hype and while KOBE is busy collecting his CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS ..... starting with the one he'll get next year. :jam2:

KOBE our real MVP!!! :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 8:35 pm

LOL.... LG2 LOL that was my bad a little TYPO..... I corrected it
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 8:59 pm

Keds??? what tha hell is that??? Inform me pls! :man7:
LakersGyrl2003

Kobe's shoe contract

Postby JSM on Mon May 26, 2003 6:58 pm

I heard that Kobe is going to sign with a branch of Air Jordan, and on PTI they said this deal was almost for sure. Tell me if yall have heard anything on this or anything new about his shoe contract.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 26, 2003 7:13 pm

WHAT!! I just got done sayin imagine if Kobe signs with the Jordan brand!! And I said imagine him in some Jumpmans... tight! :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon May 26, 2003 10:41 pm

I hope he doesn't sign with JUMPMAN.............
I think thats the last shoe company he should go to. Or second to the last.
Just the thought a shoe owned by "JORDAN". There are already all these KOBE haters who hate him because he's referred to as "JORDANish".
It would seem like KOBE is giving up to "his airness" and succumb to wearing JORDAN'S sneakers with JORDAN's logo on it.
Theres something there that would just feel weird. I don't know about you but, the only logo KOBE should wear on his person is one with JERRY WEST and that's the NBA LOGO.

Any other shoe company KOBE other than NIKE and JUMPMAN!!!!!

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon May 26, 2003 11:29 pm

But u also gotta remember, all the talented big name athletes are with Jordan, like Jeter, Moss, Miles, Allen, Jones Jr. and tons of others.. To have Kobe along with them will be an honor.. :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 2:42 am

it would be an honor if KOBE should FOLLOW with the likes of those STARS.
BUT you see KOBE is not a FOLLOWER... he is his own man. I don't think he wants to wear something that belongs to a man he is trying hard not to replicate anymore. JORDAN has been KOBE's idol but its time to step away from JORDANs mistique by not wearing his SHOE. In the EYES of KOBE HATERS, he will never leave JORDANS shadow if he signs with jumpman. That would be like MAGIC wearing a CELTIC jersey...... lol........ wait a minute that did happen once.. in Birds retirement... bad comparison....

Maybe SHAQ should offer him a contract....hehehe
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 27, 2003 2:57 am

We all know Kobe isn't a follower, but the man has to start somewhere u know? And adidas wasn't a big start, cuz he ended their relationship. But to be a part of the Jordan gear is an amazing accomplishment. So don't down people affiliated with Jordan cuz it's the most recognizable symbol in the world.. Who cares what all the Kobe hataz have to say, their entire lives are devoted to hate on how much success he has!! Kobe has made a name for himself, but I don't see him startin a new brand of kicks, or clothing, so joinin the J is something to be proud of, if that's the way Kobe wants to go... :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 10:53 am

I didn't put any of the other stars down. I just don't think KOBE should sign with JUMPMAN. Its that whole " KOBE/JORDAN" thing thats weird. Its like KOBE has been working hard to make a name for himself, away from all that Jordan comparisons..... then all of a sudden he sports JORDAN's shoes.... It just seem weird. Well, maybe if JORDAN offers him 90 million it might make the transition sit a little better.... then again maybe not.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 27, 2003 11:20 am

It wouldn't even really matter if Jumpan offers Kobe 90 mil. Money aint a thang, but I hope Kobe gets the best of the deal. No great players can avoid Jordan comparasions, cuz simply MJ was one of the best that played. So when players play that good, they obviously can not aviod the media throwing it in their face. But to have Kobe signin with tha J, the media will just have a whole lot to say, bad or good, but it doesn't matter. Kobe doesn't owe them an explanation cuz he's his own player, like the rest of the players affiliated with Jordan.
LakersGyrl2003

Kobe signing with Jumpman

Postby JSM on Tue May 27, 2003 12:50 pm

I think it would be good for Kobe, because Adidas did nothing for him, they didn't give him half the attention that they game to T-Mac.(someone who is nowhere near as good as Kobe) T-Mac has his own shirts, socks, headbands, wristbands, everything....and what they give Kobe besides shoes and gay shirts, nothing. They put Kobe on the back burner to T-Mac. And with Jordan they would spend more time on him and he would be endorsed much better than he was with Adidas. And it wouldn't be much different than now, he's been wearing Jordans off and on since the All Star game, especially in the playoffs. So #1 Kobe Fan if people are going to hate him they already would have started because hes been wearing Jordans for awhile now. And I don't see how he's trting to get out of the Jordan comparisons since hes been wearing Jordan products. Some things they will never stop doing and I think comparing Kobe to Jordan is one of those things. So if he signs with Jordans or whoever he will still be compared to Jordan, it will just be more comparing if he signs with Jordan. Plus I think they will try to make Kobe's own image and not copy him to Jordan or try and make Kobe, Jordans replacement or something. And you can't tell me that you wouldn't want to see a MJ and Kobe commercial or series or commercial. With them playing one on one or something.
Well tell me what you think.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue May 27, 2003 2:25 pm

LOL... you know what that would make for a great commercial. Especially if it was the commercial with 3 JORDANS.... and then along comes KOBE to take the next match... whoa!! that would be tight!! It'll be like passing the torch to KOBE... hehehe... rubbing it in to all the KOBE HATERS... or it can mean that JORDAN appreciates KOBE's greatness and therefore gives him props. With JORDAN making a gesture like this, it might make JORDAN DIE HARD fans more willing to accept KOBE as the BEST PLAYER in NBA today.

which ever shoe company signs KOBE it will be in his best interest

KOBE OUR REAL MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 27, 2003 9:56 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:LOL... you know what that would make for a great commercial. Especially if it was the commercial with 3 JORDANS.... and then along comes KOBE to take the next match... whoa!! that would be tight!! It'll be like passing the torch to KOBE... hehehe... rubbing it in to all the KOBE HATERS... or it can mean that JORDAN appreciates KOBE's greatness and therefore gives him props. With JORDAN making a gesture like this, it might make JORDAN DIE HARD fans more willing to accept KOBE as the BEST PLAYER in NBA today.

which ever shoe company signs KOBE it will be in his best interest

KOBE OUR REAL MVP

That's a VERY good and interesting insight!! I luv the idea, of givin the media more and more to write about.. Sure I got mah Kobe gear back in 2002, I got the Kobe 2 kicks, along with his grey reversible shorts, and a shirt, and I wore it proudly! Even though they weren't all that, the fact is is that they had Kobe's silouette on them, and people know his logo..
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion