Kobe studying how bowen played him

Kobe studying how bowen played him

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:59 pm

I bet Kobe is watching film while recovering, Bowen played good D on Him, but Kobe will have something ready for him, kind of like when Kobe was the Iverson stopper, and AI adjusted to kobe's D the next season.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:14 pm

I don't think KOBE has anything to worry about let alone BOWEN. KOBE still averaged the same points/rebounds/assist as he did all season with BOWEN on him. The difference was they had two or three guys running at KOBE as soon as KOBE touched it. The one on one Defense that BOWEN applied was nonexistent.... it was the SPURMS collapsing defense on KOBE that did it. It still didn't STOP KOBE from getting his.
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:31 pm

Definitely and I'm not one to really cry, but those f'ing refs didn't give kobe any type of calls. There were so many plays were Bowen clearly hacked Kobe and you have to think that Kob's shoulder must have been botherin him. But of course he won't complain he'll just take it out on San Antonio next year, if they get to us first. Trust me nobody will want a piece of us next year. :mad1:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:52 am

No, Kobe knows Bowen didn't do nothing. And even if he feels he did, Im glad he stopped someone with a torn Latrum (I think it's called that?) So whatever. Kobe knows he will absolutly turn this into motivation, and quite frankly, so do I.

Will see what Kobe does to S.A. next year...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:10 pm

Bowen didn't affect Kobe at all. Kobe played the same game he'd played all season long. Some of his shots were a little off because of the torn shoulder. Watch Kobe own Bruce Bowen's [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] once again next season.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KobeShowtime on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:33 pm

I would be surprised if Kobe didnt drop 50 on Bowen in the regular season. Seriously Kobe was not getting a call all series....Bowen was hacking him worse then on the playground....

Bowen is not a damn Kobe stopper....It is the same as when they called Lue a Iverson stopper it was all intensity, good double teams, and a bad night or 2 for Iverson....same with Kobe, Spurms and Bowen played good smart defense on Kobe, but nothing special...where was the Kobe stopper when The Great Bryant dropped 44 on his ugly a$$ in February earlier this season.....there is no Kobe Stopper.
KobeShowtime

Postby ZenMaster on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:45 pm

While we all know it was more Kobe's bad shoulder (and unbelievably crappy officiating) than anything Bowen did that threw off his game, it still makes me glad to know that Kobe is still looking to get better in the offseason (at least from everything I have read and heard - studying film, tapes, etc.) That is what all of the truly great ones did in the past (Dr. J, Magic, Bird, MJ, etc.), they were always looking for something to work on, something to add to their overall game, to try and get better. I look for Kobe to simply DESTROY all his personal foes this next season, much like Godzilla did to Tokyo...nothing but COMPLETE AND UTTER DEVASTATION. Look out little Brucie...you're about to be TOAST :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
ZenMaster

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:25 pm

Yes. Just more motivation for our boy fellas, just more motivation...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:47 am

I like it when Kobe keeps on reviewing and reviewing... aIt just makes it that much more aware of whats in store
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:07 am

Bowen did an ok job. He wasn't that great in defending Kobe. It helped Bowen that Kobe had an injured shooting shoulder, when he defended him in that series.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Kobe's Empire on Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:07 pm

Vasashi17, that is the way i think and know. Kobe's doesnt get jack *$% from the refs. nothing.
Kobe's Empire

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:27 pm

I know Empire! Can the MAN get the f'ing respect he earned and deserves in this ungrateful League. Kobe is a class act all around: you have never heard of off court complications involving this guy and he's been a ruthless competitor on the court (fights with Miller and Childs just show his desire to win) and the MAN still can't earn a call from those waste of space refs. Jordan in his hey days worked the refs and made them his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] so the game would be pretty much 8 on 5 favoring the bulls (the 72-10 record they got was unbelieveable but still a bit tainted because of Jordan's power to get calls). To be Kobe and say that people don't give him street cred because he's no thug of the court and then still be dissed by the refs and the League for being such clean cut guy just really irritates the hell out of me. Kobe who cares if you don't get a fair share, all I can say is people playa hate on you cause they respect the hell out of you and they just wanna push you into doing something stupid. Keep your head up Kobes, cause you earned everything you are getting. No one has ever handed you anything! And for that, we the fans got mad love and respect for ya kid.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Return to Lakers Discussion