Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 30K

Postby Maluco Beleza on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 am

LooN3y wrote:
Maluco Beleza wrote:
Finwë wrote:^^ I'd go as far as saying Kobe's among the top post up guards of all time.

ya think? among? just among? lol

id say hes one of the best post up "PLAYERS" of all time period

thats what i meant aswell.. tied with mj or whoever he's even better than the centers at posting and post moves.
Maluco Beleza

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:41 am

Hakeem , Kareem , McHale , MJ and Kobe ... would be my top 5 (no order) in terms of more polished post up games
wcsoldier81

Postby KB24 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 am

Btw LeBronze is 27 and has almost 20K points. I think he will surpass Kobe knowing that he never gets hurt.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:13 am

KB24 wrote:Btw LeBronze is 27 and has almost 20K points. I think he will surpass Kobe knowing that he never gets hurt.

Depends on how he ages when those hops are gone and he is a step slower...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 am

lakerswiz wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
KB24 wrote:Btw LeBronze is 27 and has almost 20K points. I think he will surpass Kobe knowing that he never gets hurt.

Which is what people said about Kobe 3 years ago.

Ask Thabo how that's going for him.

Kobe and lebron have much different core playstyles. To compare the two is like comparing shaq and hakeem. Kobe never relied heavily on his athleticism. lol Lebron definitely does.
King of Clutch

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:14 am

In exchange, LeBron never gets injured.

He has a serious chance to become the youngest to reach 30k (he's done it with basically every milestone so far), but he'll have to keep his good level, and of course, his health. Things now start to get uphill for LeBron. Now, in his 10th year, he is averaging 25 points per game, while Kobe averaged 35, then on his 11th year averaged 32 and then 28... those are very unlikely numbers for LeBron, and Kobe did all of that without missing many games.

After that, Kobe turned 30 years old and, for now at least, he has the highest points per game in history for players since turning 30 (26.8).

LeBron took a wide margin on his early years since Kobe went through a few years playing little to nothing, and also had the 99 lockout (not even gonna get in the fact that he shared with Shaq). Also, he missed a lot of games in 2004 and 2005, which also didn't help.

Since his 10th year, Kobe has averaged 28.9 points per game, which is pretty impressive, considering the closest guy in NBA history is Michael Jordan with 26.5.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby ladam24 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 am

That just shows he's a ball hog that hasn't matured.

Dagger through my heart.
"no matter what — no matter how hard, how far, or how many stand in my way, I remain determined."
ladam24

Postby thkthebest on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 am

King of Clutch wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:

Which is what people said about Kobe 3 years ago.

Ask Thabo how that's going for him.

Kobe and lebron have much different core playstyles. To compare the two is like comparing shaq and hakeem. Kobe never relied heavily on his athleticism. lol Lebron definitely does.

Shaq? The guy who missed 22-23% of his games? If Shaq never missed games like LeBron, he'd probably be ahead of Jordan and Wilt.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:51 pm

LooN3y wrote:
Maluco Beleza wrote:
Finwë wrote:^^ I'd go as far as saying Kobe's among the top post up guards of all time.

ya think? among? just among? lol

id say hes one of the best post up "PLAYERS" of all time period

Oh I agree.

And with this too:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Hakeem , Kareem , McHale , MJ and Kobe ... would be my top 5 (no order) in terms of more polished post up games
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby revgen on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Lebron will get to 30k IMO. I just don't know if he's going to make it to 35k, which I think Kobe will eventually do before retires. I don't see Lebron doing what Kobe is doing when he's 34 years old. His fundamentals are lacking.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Scnottaken on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:18 pm

I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby checkers09 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:50 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
King of Clutch wrote: Kobe never relied heavily on his athleticism.

Let's be real, you started watching around 2007-2008...right?

lol so u believe his game was all athleticism before then?
King of Clutch

Postby XXIV on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:11 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:

He definitely wasn't all athleticism but he really used it back in the day. He had one of the quickest first steps I've seen and he was nearly unstoppable in the fast break. But Kobe was great in transitioning his game when he began losing a step, and because he already had a great overall game before it appeared almost seamless.
XXIV

Postby GoldHammish on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:12 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:

Game being "all athleticism" =! game relying "heavily on his athleticism."
GoldHammish

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 pm

I wonder what Kobe's answer would be if the following question were posed to him:

If you could retire with winning one more championship or retire as the all-time NBA scoring leader, which would it be?

There's obviously a politically correct answer here, but I actually wouldn't be-grudge him if he gave the other response.

But I truly wonder...
Alleyhoops

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 pm

I truly believe he prefers the ring, not only because is "politically correct".

He loves to score, but he loves to score because he thinks that is the best way to put himself on a position to win.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm

XXIV wrote:
He definitely wasn't all athleticism but he really used it back in the day. He had one of the quickest first steps I've seen and he was nearly unstoppable in the fast break. But Kobe was great in transitioning his game when he began losing a step, and because he already had a great overall game before it appeared almost seamless.

my point exactly. Every young player uses their athleticism. But there's a clear difference between those that need it, and those who don't.
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:I truly believe he prefers the ring, not only because is "politically correct".

He loves to score, but he loves to score because he thinks that is the best way to put himself on a position to win.

This. Sometimes I think people don't fully understand that. Kobe tries to score, and looks like he's "forcing" his offense because he wants to win, and thats the way he believes he can make it happen. Its the scorers mentality. Him carmelo,, and westbrook have this scorers mentality. I always get confused when someone says they're selfish. They try to win, and they try to do it the best way they know how, scoring. Especially when the game is on the line late in games. Lebron doesn't have this mentality, and believe it or not, neither does durant. Scoring comes easy and natural to him. You never see him trying to score 30, it just naturally happens. lol
King of Clutch

Postby Armani on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 pm

We gotta play him less minutes... if he keeps this up, he seriously will play no goddamned defense. And we cannot hide him under D'Antoni.
Armani

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Stop worrying about scoring and play D. 0 rebounds is kinda sad. He turned up his offense towards the end to try and will his team to a win BUT that isnt gunna get us wins.

He along with the rest of the starters have to come out with the right DEFENSIVE energy and effort. We cant be fighting the entire game bc they will put so much effort into a run and then play terrible D...a recipe for a loss.

He needs to be a leader and play D first with Dwight and MWP on the same page and make his team do the same OR get called out for not.
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm

are his knees bothering him again?? hes playing 2011 level defense right now and hes making the wrong reads chasing guys off screen.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby artuditu on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:11 pm

I heard somewhere that the team's record when Kobe scores +30 pts is 1win-9losses or something like that...
artuditu

Postby The Rock on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 pm

artuditu wrote:I heard somewhere that the team's record when Kobe scores +30 pts is 1win-9losses or something like that...

its 1-9 but its a product of his and the teams bad defense. The more other team scores the more we try to use Kobe to score.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Start facilitating more and focus on defense (which is basically at an all time low right now, one of the worst defenders in the league)
JoelMyersScrotalSack

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion