Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JGC wrote:Talk is cheap.

Are you saying what Kobe said is cheap? Did he once again fail to live to lofty expectations? He shot 26 times for sure which I know is a huge problem for you. He did have 7 assist. He played good defense and kept the ball moving. He leaves it on the floor each and every game. So is it his "talk" that is cheap? I really want to understand.

Relax. Breathe. Exhale.

I'm tired of the talk, in general. "Process", "Patience", "Practice", "Energy", "Effort", "Chemistry" blah blah. Just play. Just win. Stop talking about it. Do.

Why is that you get so defensive every time someone makes some comment, you think it is about Kobe. I mean you are being so frantic you asked the same question twice. Take 10 seconds before you post, breathe, think and then respond.

Your act is getting a little old, and I'm not sure I'm the only that feels this way.

awe I am sorry that you think I was over the top with my questions of claryification. I don't need to be told to breath or relax as I am not in any sort of mood other than normal. I should think before I post? Sorry, I didn't feel a need because isn't it the same thing with you? Doesn't matter what the game looked like there is some criticism of how Kobe did wrong?

Your act is getting old. No, let me try again, your act has always been old. You said, "Talk is Cheap" after Kobe made a statement so rightfully that rings it was aimed at his comments. SHould we have assumed you meant talk is cheap for the other guys who hadn't said anything yet? It doesn't really matter I was just curious as to how Kobe was going to be blamed for this loss by certain posters.

Yeah but here's the thing. I said that Kobe had played a decent game. Scroll up/back whatever if you need to.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Don't be in such a panic. Yes, I criticize Kobe but I don't hate the guy. You don't need to get all bent out of shape about it. It's just an opinion. Relax.

It's one thing if we're going to have a healthy back and forth about Kobe, and another if you get this tunnel vision thing that I notice happens sometimes with you and then your posts get all out of sorts trying to defend Kobe from posts that weren't even an attack on him. What is going on over there?
Last edited by JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JGC

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 pm

JGC wrote:
Weezy wrote:JGC these players are asked questions, they give answers. Talk IS cheap, but what else do you want them to do.

What exactly was the question Kobe was asked, to which he responded via Twitter?

The dude can't tweet out his personal thoughts to fans like every other NBA player does? It's cool for everyone else but for him it's cheap talk? Give me a break you're never satisfied with the guy, it's a stupid tweet who gives a s***. And no I don't believe you when you say you would have said the same thing had any other player tweeted that.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Just forget about it Puffy, people who always complain about Kobe will continue to do that no matter what you tell them. Even if you make complete sense and invalidate all their points, they just end up saying "Meh, let's just agree to disagree" and continue to think that Kobe's the problem. I just sit back and laugh while shaking my head reading those kinds of posts, while Kobe continues to carry the team on his back.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 am

Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:
Weezy wrote:JGC these players are asked questions, they give answers. Talk IS cheap, but what else do you want them to do.

What exactly was the question Kobe was asked, to which he responded via Twitter?

The dude can't tweet out his personal thoughts to fans like every other NBA player does? It's cool for everyone else but for him it's cheap talk? Give me a break you're never satisfied with the guy, it's a stupid tweet who gives a s***. And no I don't believe you when you say you would have said the same thing had any other player tweeted that.

Well, I give a s***.

What exactly was the question Kobe was asked, to which he responded via Twitter? You responded to me and said they are asked questions and what do I want them to do but I'm not sure what you're talking about.

And of course Kobe can tweet out his personal thoughts to fans. But I can share my thoughts about it can't I? I mean surely, Kobe can't be the only celebrity for whom comments about his tweets are forbidden.

For the record, at this point, with this team, ANY talk from ANYONE is cheap. I don't want to hear talk. From anybody. I just want to see them go and do now. I don't want to hear the word process, patience, whatever anymore. They've talked enough. Now it's time to go and do.

The worst is MDA. The guy keep saying the same thing over and over. Just, go out and do it or say you can't do it.

When they go out and start walking the talk, they can say whatever s*** they want on twitter and I won't care.
JGC

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:08 am

Somebody contact Kobe via social media and tell him to just rack up 30 assists instead of 30 points so all can be well in LA LA land...
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 am

JGC wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:

Well, I give a s***.

What exactly was the question Kobe was asked, to which he responded via Twitter? You responded to me and said they are asked questions and what do I want them to do but I'm not sure what you're talking about.

And of course Kobe can tweet out his personal thoughts to fans. But I can share my thoughts about it can't I? I mean surely, Kobe can't be the only celebrity for whom comments about his tweets are forbidden.

For the record, at this point, with this team, ANY talk from ANYONE is cheap. I don't want to hear talk. From anybody. I just want to see them go and do now. I don't want to hear the word process, patience, whatever anymore. They've talked enough. Now it's time to go and do.

The worst is MDA. The guy keep saying the same thing over and over. Just, go out and do it or say you can't do it.

When they go out and start walking the talk, they can say whatever s*** they want on twitter and I won't care.

My comment about them being asked questions and what should they say was in response to the big list of reposes that they have been giving that you posted, this

JGC wrote:I'm tired of the talk, in general. "Process", "Patience", "Practice", "Energy", "Effort", "Chemistry" blah blah. Just play. Just win. Stop talking about it. Do.

Those are the standard answers I've been hearing from all our players and our coach, that's all I was referring to. The tweet was simply Kobe expressing himself, after a very short post game interview, I saw no problem with it. If it bothers you that's your right, can't say I'm surprised. Aside from that I don't have any desire to argue to the degree and depth that you like to, I just don't have the energy. So I'm done for the night, you're right Kobe should just shut up, the media and fans would love that, old grumpy Kobe not talking to anyone, just one more thing to hate on him for.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 am

Gasol, Nash and Howard combined for 24 shots while the Kobester had 26. I have a problem with that. That means we aren't really giving the rest of the guys a chance to get going.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Finwë on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:27 am

Puffy, Weezy (and others) don't bother. Just add 'em to your ignore list. A lesson I wish I learned sooner. Waste of time.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:31 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Gasol, Nash and Howard combined for 24 shots while the Kobester had 26. I have a problem with that. That means we aren't really giving the rest of the guys a chance to get going.

See, I think this is a fair criticism. It's possible to think this isnt good basketball, without hating kobe.

I think those of us who have been critical do know we need kobe to win. We (or I at least) just think he needs to adjust his game time at times.
JGC

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:33 am

For the season, Nash, Gasol and Howard are averaging 30 shots per game while the Kobester is taking 22 per. I have a problem with that. There needs to be better balance.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:34 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Gasol, Nash and Howard combined for 24 shots while the Kobester had 26. I have a problem with that. That means we aren't really giving the rest of the guys a chance to get going.

Totally agree. Almost passing half of this season, high scoring from Kobe is proved not a solution for this Lakers. Why not try to pass more ? Just wondering if other great talents on this team getting enough offensive opportunities, might be our defense will improve accordingly. :man1:
odom1year

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:37 am

Finwë wrote:Puffy, Weezy (and others) don't bother. Just add 'em to your ignore list. A lesson I wish I learned sooner. Waste of time.

I feel the same about some of you who think Kobe is above any constructive criticism. You are just as frustrating to deal with.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:For the season, Nash, Gasol and Howard are averaging 30 shots per game while the Kobester is taking 22 per. I have a problem with that. There needs to be better balance.

Nice stat, but in reality Pau and Nash don't seem to want to shoot much, Nash because he's a passing PG, Pau because he's scurred or something. :scurred: Howard gets touches, but he also gets a ton of turnovers. He also gets fouled a ton, 10 free throws per game, so those are more shots that don't show up, or shots he never gets because he fumbles the ball or gets stripped, that's not on Kobe. Could Kobe shoot a few less shots, sure, he was most of the early season, but now Nash is back and Kobe is a SG again and in this offense everyone has the green light. Plus I can't say we really haven't needed his offense.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:49 am

To add further to the stats. Gasol's attempts per game is the lowest of his career. Yeah, a lot of that is on him but some of it isn't. Howard is right around his career average. He actually attempts a lot more shots but he gets fouled so much they don't officially count as shot attempts. Nash's 7.8 shots per is the lowest of his career since he was 26 and with Dallas way back in the days.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 am

Weezy wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:For the season, Nash, Gasol and Howard are averaging 30 shots per game while the Kobester is taking 22 per. I have a problem with that. There needs to be better balance.

Nice stat, but in reality Pau and Nash don't seem to want to shoot much, Nash because he's a passing PG, Pau because he's scurred or something. :scurred: Howard gets touches, but he also gets a ton of turnovers. He also gets fouled a ton, 10 free throws per game, so those are more shots that don't show up, or shots he never gets because he fumbles the ball or gets stripped, that's not on Kobe. Could Kobe shoot a few less shots, sure, he was most of the early season, but now Nash is back and Kobe is a SG again and in this offense everyone has the green light. Plus I can't say we really haven't needed his offense.

Actually, Kobe is 4th in the league in turnovers and is only 8 behind from leading. Howard is in the top 15 or so but doesn't have as much as Kobe. Also, he has taken a whooping 110 more shots than anyone in the league.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:03 am

noobiew wrote:Kobe scores 18 points in the 4th quarter (7-12 FG).

There you go. Clearly only worried about getting the scoring title this year when he gave it up for appearance sake last year..... :man12:

Wow those corner 3s at the end of the game....holy bleep :man4: :man4:
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:04 am

Kobe being a guard, handling the ball a lot, and pretty much being our PG when Nash was out accounts for most of those turnovers. Turnovers per actual touches I'd wager that Dwight has a lot more, he handles the ball a lot less and turns it over a lot more in that time, I used the eye test there, but again nice stats.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:07 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Finwë wrote:Puffy, Weezy (and others) don't bother. Just add 'em to your ignore list. A lesson I wish I learned sooner. Waste of time.

I feel the same about some of you who think Kobe is above any constructive criticism. You are just as frustrating to deal with.

He isn't above constructive criticism. I often criticize aspects of his game, like his defense in general this season. He is above what you are doing though, and so is every player who's game is analysed in such ridiculous and outright laughable fashion.

I felt I needed to try and get that through to you, but this is probably the last reply I'll give to any of your posts. Hope it's enough to make myself clear
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:27 am

Kobe low blow to Dwight and Dwight having to be restrained from going at Kobe. uh oh :disagree:
Ariza3

Postby kblo247 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 am

Anyone who blames Kobe for scoring too much is a damn fool especially after this game. In the fourth quarter, not one of his teammates made a field goal, but they all missed some.the only two to score were Hill and Clark on free throws for a combined 4pts. Every other point, all 18 came because Kobe was the only one who could attack Denver and score by making shots.
kblo247

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:27 am

Weezy wrote:Kobe being a guard, handling the ball a lot, and pretty much being our PG when Nash was out accounts for most of those turnovers. Turnovers per actual touches I'd wager that Dwight has a lot more, he handles the ball a lot less and turns it over a lot more in that time, I used the eye test there, but again nice stats.

A lot of turnovers also came from Kobe trying to share the ball TOO much, and trying to force feed the post to get Dwight and Pau going while Nash was injured and he has to play combo guard. Hate it when people decide to just look at stats to decide what a player is and isn't doing instead of watching the game. This game for example, Kobe deferred to everyone for 3 whole quarters and they still played terrible defense, and yet he still get's blasted for trying to get us back in the game (which he did) after we went down by 10 points.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:29 am

whooops again here goes the kobe hate train. are f... serious all of you haters ? no one wanted to hit a shot , no one could hit a shot and you guys blame kobe for it ? man it s like that you ve never really played basketball o0r even have a clou about that sport. he didn t shoot to much . in the first 3 quarters he tried to much to involve other players and in the 4t he saw it doesn t work so he shot it more because no other waqs aible to hit a damn f... shot . and you guys blame kobe for it ? wow . no words . all of you are so pathetic and no one really knows the game . only thing what all of you haters could do look at the stats and hating in him. i bet most of you guys didn t really saw the game. i am sick and fed up of you haters. shame on all of you . :bang: :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:30 am

whooops again here goes the kobe hate train. are f... serious all of you haters ? no one wanted to hit a shot , no one could hit a shot and you guys blame kobe for it ? man it s like that you ve never really played basketball o0r even have a clou about that sport. he didn t shoot to much . in the first 3 quarters he tried to much to involve other players and in the 4t he saw it doesn t work so he shot it more because no other was aible to hit a damn f... shot . and you guys blame kobe for it ? wow . no words . all of you are so pathetic and no one really knows the game . only thing what all of you haters could do look at the stats and hating in him. i bet most of you guys didn t really saw the game. i am sick and fed up of you haters. shame on all of you . :bang: :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 am

I just don't understand, how can you call yourself "Lakers fan" if you come in Kobe topic after every game that we lose, and write all those things how he is destroying team, how is he balhog, how he only care for stats, this is just crazy.
Think about it, and that guy who started new topic, if i remember corect, title was "IT'S TIME TO AMNESTY KOBE" ?! WOW that is just amazing, probably some bandwagoner fan who can't accept losing, no way that Lakers fan want to amnesty Kobe, that is just wrong.
Sorry for my bad English, fan from Serbia here.
KobeBryant
#vamos #juntos #lakercorazon #vino
Uncle Drew

Postby trodgers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:32 am

JGC wrote:Talk is cheap.

Fortunately with Kobe it's NEVER just talk.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion