Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Dead legs

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Weezy wrote:F*** that ref that didn't call that absolute hack foul on a dunk attempt and then gave Kobe a tech for yelling "come on man". Yeah, you f'ed up the call so instead of letting the frustration go you decided to puff out your chest and flex your power. Disgusting. Kobe is the most disrespected superstar in the NBA.

There were three mind-blowing non calls on kobe in that stretch. I cant imagine they are actually that incompetent, had to be intentional.

Too bad the game wasnt closer so we could complain about it. :man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby trodgers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

khm, btw, I don't think Kobe's doing a good job on D right now. Not at all, but he IS guarding people. He's not JUST roaming free. He does it once every few possessions. That's too much, but by saying that he's not guarding people, it's simply a massive, massive overstatement.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm

kobe was a bright spot tonight. i liked that he was shooting mid range shots and attacking the bucket.

i can't believe we're headed for the lottery.
Pig Miller

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Pig Miller wrote:i can't believe we're headed for the lottery.

Yeah, we're getting Phoenix a really great draft pick, bet their fans aren't so mad about the Nash thing now.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 pm

Weezy wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:i can't believe we're headed for the lottery.

Yeah, we're getting Phoenix a really great draft pick, bet their fans aren't so mad about the Nash thing now.

with our luck, they'll draft the next great superstar with that pick.
Pig Miller

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 pm

trodgers wrote:khm, btw, I don't think Kobe's doing a good job on D right now. Not at all, but he IS guarding people. He's not JUST roaming free. He does it once every few possessions. That's too much, but by saying that he's not guarding people, it's simply a massive, massive overstatement.

I dont call what he did today guarding people, but yes less roaming but not really guarding either in my books, did you see those 2 straight layups by Allen? One of which he just completely blew by him.
khmrP

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:53 pm

side note: i'm curious as to how this season (assuming we ocntinue on this path) will impact kobe's legacy.
Pig Miller

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Pig Miller wrote:side note: i'm curious as to how this season (assuming we ocntinue on this path) will impact kobe's legacy.

Not very well. If he finishes his career with 2 bad seasons and goes out like that, hurts him with the MJ comparisons even if unfairly.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Pig Miller wrote:side note: i'm curious as to how this season (assuming we ocntinue on this path) will impact kobe's legacy.

if it was his last season, i'd be furious. still, it's not nice to have a blemish like this. this is a pretty colossal failure.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Armani on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

There's two reasons this roster was overrated - the name on the front of the jersey, and the name on the back of the jersey. People won't realize this, and bash him anyway. His play has been stellar and MVP like for 90% of this year.
Armani

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm sorry, but Kobe's help D was atrocious today. Absolutely atrocious. He let guys get wide open jumpers, and let Wroten and Aurther get free dunks. Didn't even try. :bang:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:

if it was his last season, i'd be furious. still, it's not nice to have a blemish like this. this is a pretty colossal failure.

pretty sure this is great material for the haters, I"m not one of his biggest fans but this debacle shouldn't be on him, he tried his best in the beginning but its obviously wearing down on him big time now.
khmrP

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 pm

khmrP wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:

pretty sure this is great material for the haters, I"m not one of his biggest fans but this debacle shouldn't be on him, he tried his best in the beginning but its obviously wearing down on him big time now.

just wanna clarify i'd be furious FOR him. kobe deserves better than this.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Weezy wrote:

Not very well. If he finishes his career with 2 bad seasons and goes out like that, hurts him with the MJ comparisons even if unfairly.

MJ comparisons? :man10:

He's not even better than LeBron
v1n5anity

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Before anyone snaps, that was a joke. Something the general public might say due to the "recency effect".
v1n5anity

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Honestly, I think it's time for Kobe to start taking a reduced role. And what I mean by that, is figure out how many minutes he can play per game, where he can play at 100% on both offense and defense. Play him only that many minutes every game or less, and see who can step up.

It's obvious that no matter what happens this season, he just can't do 35+ mins per game and be effective the way Kobe Bean Bryant can be so why are we doing it? We're not even doing it for short terms wins. Start reducing his minutes so we can maximize his on-court efficiency and then figure out how to make the other pieces work and pick up that slack.

Reason I say this is whether it's Kobe fault or not, is moot at this point. But I just can't stand to see a team with this many weapons dump it to Kobe and ball watch. And I'm talking about Pau, Nash, Dwight, everyone.

I just don't see what good there is, in playing Kobe all these minutes. They're going to need to figure out how to win and play well without over relying on him so let's start figuring that out now.
JGC

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 pm

^^ Agree. Its obvious that fatigue is affecting him.

Chances D'Antoni actually has the stones to make this happen?

Zilcho.
phoenixrisingla

Postby escitnj on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Did anyone catch Kobe's postgame interview?
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
escitnj

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 pm

escitnj wrote:Did anyone catch Kobe's postgame interview?

Yup. Dude's pissed.
phoenixrisingla

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 pm

the postgame interview reminded me of this

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 pm

What did he say? Are they restarting it? :man1:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:

Yup. Dude's pissed.

Damn. I came straight here and missed it.
JGC

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Saw only the first couple minutes before my feed got cut. He was pretty stone-faced. Just angry/numb from all the losing.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby shoe on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Any quotes?
shoe

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:

Yeah, no "riding out into the sunset" as people call it, unless we purposely tank next year, then the expectations to win will be lower.
dj vitus

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion