Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 am

kosstick wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:^^^^
You can re-aggravate anything. Kobe doesn't know squat about Dwight's shoulder and had no right to comment about it. Behind closed doors and one-on-one? Maybe? But publicly for the world to see? Complete low blow and he all but shut the door on Dwight returning. Thanks Kobe. :bang:

Sorry bro you are overreacting. I am with Kobe on this, and always will be. If Dwight is only at 75% he needs to stop whining about not getting touches. You can't want to be #1 or #2 option and then complain that your 75%

Then you throw out the possibilty of objectively looking at a situation.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby KentuckyLaker on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:39 am

If anyone is bashing Kobe Bryant at this point in the season they straight up don't know basketball. The Mamba is all we have left at this point basically. He's had a phenomenal season and the rest of the organization hasn't lived up. And really, it's pitiful to see the greatest Laker ever have to suffer through this. A damn shame.

And P.S., for anyone saying Kobe needs to step back and defer to a "younger star", please. The only way Kobe defers is if either LeBron James or Kevin Durant is on this team. In fact, those are the only two worthy of him deferring to, IMO, and that's only in certain situations.
"Everything negative- pressure, challenges -is all an opportunity for me to rise. "

- Kobe Bryant

Bred and raised in the hills of Eastern Kentucky, following the Lakers and UK Wildcats for life.
KentuckyLaker

Postby kosstick on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
kosstick wrote:
You can re-aggravate anything. Kobe doesn't know squat about Dwight's shoulder and had no right to comment about it. Behind closed doors and one-on-one? Maybe? But publicly for the world to see? Complete low blow and he all but shut the door on Dwight returning. Thanks Kobe. :bang:

Sorry bro you are overreacting. I am with Kobe on this, and always will be. If Dwight is only at 75% he needs to stop whining about not getting touches. You can't want to be #1 or #2 option and then complain that your 75%

No I am not, I objectively looked at it and what I mean't by that statement is that I will be with him on these types of situations. We have seen countless players go through a labrum tear, (Kobe, Lamar especially) they played through it. Even Jason Smith on the hornets has the same injury and is still playing through it.

I am sorry if Dwight can't take what Kobe said then he is much weaker mentally than I first thought.
Last edited by kosstick on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
kosstick

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Screw Kobe man. I'm sick of this guy. He all but shut the door on the possibility of retaining Dwight. For him to call out another teammate's injury like that and almost force him to play? Come on.

:jam2: Boy, how I have missed your insights and wisdom. :bow:

Can't forget how you complain about the refs almost after every loss. Comical stuff indeed. Always the refs fault.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:54 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
kosstick wrote:

I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:02 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Screw Kobe man. I'm sick of this guy. He all but shut the door on the possibility of retaining Dwight. For him to call out another teammate's injury like that and almost force him to play? Come on.

:jam2: Boy, how I have missed your insights and wisdom. :bow:

Can't forget how you complain about the refs almost after every loss. Comical stuff indeed. Always the refs fault.

Really? It is weird. When I point out calls that were costly I back them up with fact based on momentum shifts. You have the right to disagree with the idea that officiating cost game (I am sure that no call on the 49ers for pass inteference didn't cost them the superbowl but eh) but I do on occassion. Of course, I choose not to show my lack of bball IQ by blaiming the guy who is playing out of his mind to keep this team afloat because of my deep rooted hate for him. I rather blame the officials and be right than blame a player and be nothing more than a hater.

Anyone, who could find fault with Kobe last night has painted their "agenda" in bright red all over CL. Yes, comical stuff indeed. I do have a question though... You stated....

Kobe doesn't know squat about Dwight's shoulder and had no right to comment about it. Behind closed doors and one-on-one?

You lost me here... Can Kobe say something about Dwight or not? I mean if he has no right to comment then wouldn't that be both in front of doors and behind closed ones too? More importantly, how did he all but ensure Dwight wasn't coming back? Because Kobe said that Dwight has never had to play through an injury and he has to learn how too? I'm sure even you Kobe hate can see that it was a true statement. Then again, you quest to prove Kobe is infact the devil may have blinded you to seeing the truth. In any case, please carry on with your quest I, for one, find it amazing.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 am

^^^^

I'm saying that to question another man's injury is a no-no to begin with but if you are going to do it, at least do it one-on-one with a lot of tact. You present your argument very carefully without trying to offend the guy. But to publicly tell the world about it was completely classless and a low blow.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 am

I'm saying that to question another man's injury is a no-no to begin with but if you are going to do it, at least do it one-on-one with a lot of tact. You present your argument very carefully without trying to offend the guy. But to publicly tell the world about it was completely classless and a low blow.

Wait are we talking about Kobe or Nash? Nash called him out as well. Why aren't you in the Nash thread bashing him up and down? Hmm...
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby trodgers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:39 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
JLaker17 wrote:I get that Dwight wants to heal up and all that, but Kobe is right. We don't have time to keep waiting for it to heal. We need wins and we need them now.

:bang: Are you for real man? I mean really? Do you know the extent of his injury? Does Kobe? Then you shouldn't comment. Who is Kobe to question the extent of another player's injury, especially if this player does NOT have a history of missing games or not giving max effort. Unreal.

If he shouldn't comment, then neither should you. Kobe said he didn't tell Dwight to play. But reports are that Dwight was CLEARED to play by a Doctor. Is it possible that you're reading only what supports your view of Kobe as a douche?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 am

Looking for the pot/kettle image. Has anyone seen it?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am

CP3 has been cleared to play for a few games now but the team wants to hold him back because they want to make sure that when he goes, he's close to 100% and won't reaggravate anything. And i think that is the smart thing to do with your franchise player. Seems like the opposite siutation in Laker Land. People don't give Howard the benefit of the doubt. Based on his history, i think he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

I just don't get why people are all over Howard. The guy's back is obviously affecting his overall play and you add in his shoulder and he still gives you 18/11.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:CP3 has been cleared to play for a few games now but the team wants to hold him back because they want to make sure that when he goes, he's close to 100% and won't reaggravate anything. And i think that is the smart thing to do with your franchise player. Seems like the opposite siutation in Laker Land. People don't give Howard the benefit of the doubt. Based on his history, i think he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

I just don't get why people are all over Howard. The guy's back is obviously affecting his overall play and you add in his shoulder and he still gives you 18/11.

They are sitting in the 3rd seed even after a slide and are saving their best player for a planned deep playoff run.

We are playing for our lives with a sub .500 record, struggling to even get in the playoff picture, and our other center just went down.

Surely you can see the diff?
phoenixrisingla

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 am

@kobebryant

Just finished team prep mtg. #Counton1assisttonight All jk aside I will make the correct play if it leads to assist then great #countonit

https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/299935353127710720
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:55 am

hey Lets Go Lakers are you a kobe hater and a lakers fan or only a kobe hater.

Attacks on other members are not allowed.

~Revgen
kobebryant248

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:CP3 has been cleared to play for a few games now but the team wants to hold him back because they want to make sure that when he goes, he's close to 100% and won't reaggravate anything. And i think that is the smart thing to do with your franchise player. Seems like the opposite siutation in Laker Land. People don't give Howard the benefit of the doubt. Based on his history, i think he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

They are sitting in the 3rd seed even after a slide and are saving their best player for a planned deep playoff run.

We are playing for our lives with a sub .500 record, struggling to even get in the playoff picture, and our other center just went down.

Sure do. But i also see the potential for Dwight to reaggravate his shoulder. I mean he reaggravted it once so if he comes back too soon, there's a good chance he does it again wouldn't you say?
Lets Go Lakers

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:

Sure do. But i also see the potential for Dwight to reaggravate his shoulder. I mean he reaggravted it once so if he comes back too soon, there's a good chance he does it again wouldn't you say?

His injury can NOT get any worse. It's torn. It's off the bone. It requires surgery to repair. When he says "reaggrevate", it just means that it hurts. How many players do we have to hear come out and say they played through this injury??

If he's to much of a punk to play when the team needs him THE MOST WE EVER HAVE then just say so and we can deactivate him.

He would never say that though, because he knows how it makes him look. He'd rather try to hide on the bench and lie about the medical staff clearing him to play.
phoenixrisingla

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:

No he can't, we should all feel bad for poor Dwight. :man6:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby TIME on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:

It's almost a lock that he will get the arm wacked again and aggravate the shoulder. That's not the point. The doctors have told him that it is likely to happen but that he won't injure it any worse by playing if he can handle the pain. Some guys can and do, like Kobe, and some guys don't want to deal with the pain.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 am

I'm sorry but when our team has struggled like it has and we are fighting for a playoff spot he HAS TO play if he can. They've said numerous time it is a pain issue, the injury will be here for the rest of the season. He might as well get the surgery and end the season because if he doesn't want to play with pain there goes our season. I can see why people doubted his mental strength and his want to win.
JLaker17

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 am

So if Kobe is wrong for saying that Dwight should play hurt, what is Nash for saying the same thing, what is 'Antoni for telling the media that Dwight was cleared to play 3 games ago but just didn't feel like it until last night's game?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:33 am

So a guy that played an entire season and won championships with broken fingers, has no say so in telling his teammates as a leader to play through pain like he did in order to be successful? I'm not understanding this? If Kobe never got injured a day in his career then he has no right, but we're talking about a guy who's almost seen every injury you can imagine so I think it's warranted. I don't know why people keep saying it's bad for the public, he's speaking as a player and from experience. Not to be mean, geesh.
Jazzygirl205

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 pm

I blame them both, Kobe and Cry Baby....one Kobe should realize what a mental midget Howard is and shouldn't be saying anything to the media at all. We all know how much they like to spin crap around and try to get players to point fingers at each other. Howard, well like I said he's a mental midget who takes offense to anything said negatively about him, even if its twisted by the media, he is to dumb/egotistical to take any comment not to his liking in a positive way.
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Poor Kobe. It's not his fault.
Chillbongo

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

khmrP wrote:I blame them both, Kobe and Cry Baby....one Kobe should realize what a mental midget Howard is and shouldn't be saying anything to the media at all. We all know how much they like to spin crap around and try to get players to point fingers at each other. Howard, well like I said he's a mental midget who takes offense to anything said negatively about him, even if its twisted by the media, he is to dumb/egotistical to take any comment not to his liking in a positive way.

This is what happens when we dont have other strong locker room personalities buffering an intense and unforgiving Kobe from more fragile and excuse oriented players.

I cant help but wonder if having someone like DFish in there would have helped.
phoenixrisingla

Postby borri on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Let's Go Lakers.....bro, you're barking up the wrong tree here.
borri

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion