Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby TIME on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:49 pm

Words fail... :bow:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:10 pm

the sig
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby juninho on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:22 pm

juninho

Re: Kobe Discussion:Vintage Kobe

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:05 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
Amnesty THAT
Retweeted by Ramona Shelburne

Holy Crap...LMAO!!!! Kobe tweeted THAT? Freaking awesome!! :man10: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Weezy wrote:I've always liked how respectful Dirk has been of other players, you never hear him speak badly of anyone or start crap in general. He's always shown nothing but admiration and respect for Kobe.

I was surprised to read in the LONG S.I. Jordan article in NBA Discussion that MJ put Dirk on his short list of greats than could have played in his time. Dirk doesn't seem like his type of player simply because of their size differences. But game knows game proven once again.
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Juronimo wrote:
Finwë wrote:
KobeSystemtwofour wrote:
@mcuban: Nice to know there is a least one team and their players, outside of the Mavs, that listen to everything I say."

*eye roll* *facepalm*

Mark Cuban is always good for some doom. What a dumbass.

What the hell was that footage of him working out on a stairclimber with a bunch of people and some cameras around, like look at me I'm a jock, I'm a physical guy??? I mean....he is in great shape compared to most guys in his position with a sports team but it seemed really tacky. Was he in a club or one of the areas in his arena?
LTLakerFan

Postby Juronimo on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Was Cuban really doing that? Talk about trying too hard.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:40 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
Juronimo wrote:
Finwë wrote:
KobeSystemtwofour wrote:
@mcuban: Nice to know there is a least one team and their players, outside of the Mavs, that listen to everything I say."

*eye roll* *facepalm*

Mark Cuban is always good for some doom. What a dumbass.

What the hell was that footage of him working out on a stairclimber with a bunch of people and some cameras around, like look at me I'm a jock, I'm a physical guy??? I mean....he is in great shape compared to most guys in his position with a sports team but it seemed really tacky. Was he in a club or one of the areas in his arena?

He works out in the training room at the arena before every game
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby kenzo on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Mark Cuban ‏@mcuban
But I do have to give props to @kobebryant for a great tweet. #Welldone.
kenzo

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:35 pm

:man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:43 pm

juninho wrote:Image

*Fixed* (right-click, view)

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Funny when Kobe has a great all around game his assists, fg% and rebounds are hardly mentioned. But he just scores without any assists or a few rebounds they make sure to highlight the lack of assists and seldom rebounds he had.
Jazzygirl205

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Kobe :jam2:
JLaker17

Postby 432J on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Juronimo wrote:Was Cuban really doing that? Talk about trying too hard.

he's always done that from as far as i can remember going back to the '06 finals

i remember when i first saw him doing that i just laughed
432J

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Weezy wrote:I've always liked how respectful Dirk has been of other players, you never hear him speak badly of anyone or start crap in general. He's always shown nothing but admiration and respect for Kobe.

+1

Guys like Dirk don't come around often. He's loyal, he's a leader, he's classy, and the perfect face of a franchise. On top of that he played like a GOAT during the Maverick's finals run. One of most incredible individual playoff runs i've ever witnessed. I hate that his title came at the expense of the Lakers, but if anyone deserves a title, it's Dirk.
Frank Dux

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Dirk has been my favorite non-Laker since 2003, every time the Mavs have been in the playoffs and the Lakers were already booted, I always rooted for them to win. I remember in the 11' Finals when the Mavs won that series I was practically celebrating.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 pm

so no complaints about him shooting more than 20 times?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Finwë on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:16 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Dirk has been my favorite non-Laker since 2003, every time the Mavs have been in the playoffs and the Lakers were already booted, I always rooted for them to win. I remember in the 11' Finals when the Mavs won that series I was practically celebrating.

I celebrated like crazy when they beat Miami. Even though they swept us, always been a huge Dirk fan and just wanted him to get one. Plus I did NOT want Miami to win on their first season together after forming 'the big 3'.

Phoenix's Nash, T'Wolves' Garnett, KD, Ginobili, always been a huge fan of them.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:so no complaints about him shooting more than 20 times?

Plus taking a bunch of tough perimeter shots...
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:so no complaints about him shooting more than 20 times?

That's only if we lose and the passes he makes aren't turning into assists. ESPN can't use that stat for their agenda when we win, so it's not mentioned. Just like when he's passing and shots aren't going in he's trying to prove a point, but when they are he's facilitator Kobe, or when he's taking tough shots and missing they're "bad shots", but when they are he's just great.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:53 am

Kobe is shooting his best FG% in the 4th quarter this season (46.4) since 1999-2000 ( when he was obviously shooting way less)
wcsoldier81

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:07 am

kobe was great vs dallas. he took some and made some very tough shoots that only kobe can make. i hope he takes it more to the basket tonight vs denver because these type of shots he made you will not make every time . so the only thing i have to say if we had lost this game i bet there were some complaints about kobe because he shot to much or something stupid like that. but because we won no one complaints hahaha. so kobe shut all up with that brilliant game at least for one day . kobe right now looks so focused and i absolutely love it. keep it up kobe and do it again vs denver .hahhaha that has nothing to do with the thread but this time espn can t ride the d... of lebron because he was awful and very passive vs cavs yesterday. he was a no show in the 4th quarter had only 1 point and 1 assist and needed d. wade to rescue him and his heat. ahahha again this time they couldn t say the king was great , no he was awful.but back to kobe . i hope he can continue this tonight because we will need him definetely again . i hope also he takes the ball this time more to the basket for some easier shots tonight.so go kobe go :jam2:
kobebryant248

Postby Maluco Beleza on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:34 am

Vintage Kobe
Maluco Beleza

Postby Johnnyboy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:40 am

Kobe's done lots of amazing things in his career that will look amazing when we look back...What a lot of people don't realize (mostly non laker fans) is what he is doing after 17 years of deep playoff runs is simply amazing. VERY few players have done what he is doing. If the lakers don't do anything this year, I will still feel lucky to watch one of the greatest athletes to ever play pro sports. Mj in his prime was better, but overall what Kobe is doing is ridiculous and makes him a top 5 player of all time.
Johnnyboy

Postby Tragic on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:37 am

It's only days like these that odom1year doesn't show up. :man10:
Tragic

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion