Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: TripDub!

Postby kenzo on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Lol at anyone here thinking that Kobe will change. As long as he plays, he'll do "his thing".
kenzo

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 pm

him and morris combined for 10 out of the 19 turnovers. imagine when nash is back and morris isnt starting and kobe isnt playing both guards. not too worrid about kobe's 6TO tonight but would like less. can live with 4ish
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:13 am

Shot 50% or better 10 times in 14 games ... last season 15 times in 58 games
wcsoldier81

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:19 am

^
8=========>-----
I love that stat
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:44 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:8=========>-----

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:42 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:^
8=========>-----
I love that stat

:man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 am

Still, in that second quarter, he had Meeks, Duhon, and Dwight wide open a few times, and was forcing shots - IMO. I know he was facilitating in the 1st, and putting pressure on the Mavs, but he was also trying to get his points. He is still too concerned with getting his 27 per game (and worrying about how his stats will compare to MJs when he is done).

I would like to see him totally buy in (ala 2008 Celts style) and focus on making the right play, esp when the team is hot and having fun. Pass out of double teams. Play hard D and don't roam. And trust Meeks and Duhon more.

He doesn't need to try to split doubles so much. I know he can. But he doesn't need so many TOs. And he gets trapped a lot because he is looking to score by going around or splitting, and not passing immediately and moving the ball when the double comes. I am not saying I want him to be lebron-like in unselfishness, but right now, with Nash out, he should stay focused on getting all others easier looks.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:02 pm

ahhhh... The "Kobe needs to do" post have returned. :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Relax Puff. I love Kobe and he is playing great. Just nit picking really. He forced a few times when guys were wide open, esp Dwight under the rim. For the "feel good" of the role players, just would have liked him to pass a few more times and not force things to get his points. Nothing really to complain about with last night's win.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Murdock on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:52 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Still, in that second quarter, he had Meeks, Duhon, and Dwight wide open a few times, and was forcing shots - IMO. I know he was facilitating in the 1st, and putting pressure on the Mavs, but he was also trying to get his points. He is still too concerned with getting his 27 per game (and worrying about how his stats will compare to MJs when he is done).

I would like to see him totally buy in (ala 2008 Celts style) and focus on making the right play, esp when the team is hot and having fun. Pass out of double teams. Play hard D and don't roam. And trust Meeks and Duhon more.

He doesn't need to try to split doubles so much. I know he can. But he doesn't need so many TOs. And he gets trapped a lot because he is looking to score by going around or splitting, and not passing immediately and moving the ball when the double comes. I am not saying I want him to be lebron-like in unselfishness, but right now, with Nash out, he should stay focused on getting all others easier looks.

couldn't have said it better .... Long lasting issue with him ... he played great game against mavs frist quarter - amazing ...
Murdock

Postby LooN3y on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:08 pm

i really liked the ice cube reference title, if its going to be trip dub, lets change it back to it

westside,

Looney

:man1:
LooN3y

Postby LooN3y on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:19 pm

JGC wrote:
odom1year wrote:Time to pass the torch. Please pass the ball to D12 more and save your energy for the last quarter.

This. The only time I want Kobe forcing the issue is in closing time.

Otherwise, force the team concept. Even if it isn't going well, do what it takes to get it working again. It makes no sense for him to waste all of his energy in the 2nd and 3rd quarters because all it does is get everyone else out of sync and his own legs tired.

Uncle Drew wrote:Pass the torch to who? DWIGHT? So he can get stripped every time when he is trying to post up? hahahahaaa come onnnnn first, don't lie to yourself, second be realistic, if you watched at least one game you know what i'm talking about. Dwight has NO O. And that's what's up. I would rather watch Kobe force shot, at least his shot's are touching the rim, Dwight can't even get in shoting motion because he get stripped every DAMN TIME. So stop with that torch pass bs.

yea i want kobe to close, but unbelievable as he is, hes still needs to be in rhythm to be most efficient. i mean that goes for anyone.

yea but passing the torch, i dont know aobut that. dude gets stripped every, every time and we all knew he had basically no offense outside getting baby assists. dwight still has alot to learn and i hope hes learning some moves from pau and the cap.

but passing the torch? lmao did u not see any orlando games? dude is not clutch, whether he gets hacked and needs to make free throws, or whether he needs to score 6 straight points working in the post.

unless he gets those 2 things down, i hardly can see him as the clutch player on this team. i mean look at him when he takes more than 2 dribbles when he posts up, its so stale, so forced and his hookshots are so flat theres like no margin for error.

honestly i dont want to see dwight post up at all, i know pau hasnt been playing his best, but hes never in the post and hes always taking Js, and pau's post game is light years better than dwight.

i never liked howard, due the fact that hes just so limited offensively. but im damn glad we got him considering bynum is basically done for this season and mayb the next
LooN3y

Postby checkers09 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:08 am

Kobe’s a pain in the a**. He’s been a pain in the a** since the day he came in the league and he still is. He’s one of the great ones. In every aspect, he can do it. He doesn’t get much credit for defense, but if he decides he’s going to go guard somebody, he can do that too. There’s nothing the guy can’t do. He’s pretty amazing. - Gregg Popovich

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm

just saw this on Shaq's twitter.

“@SHAQ: “@Big_Money09: @SHAQ Did Kobe ever tell you how your a** tasted?” HE DIDN'T HAVE 2. HE WON HIS 5th RING & I CAN C 2 MORE W/ @DwightHoward”
Ariza3

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Ariza3 wrote:just saw this on Shaq's twitter.

“@SHAQ: “@Big_Money09: @SHAQ Did Kobe ever tell you how your a** tasted?” HE DIDN'T HAVE 2. HE WON HIS 5th RING & I CAN C 2 MORE W/ @DwightHoward”

Pretty soon Shaq's going to be talking about how Kobe's @** tastes. He's gotta give Kobe props where they are do...

I think Shaq was more or less just being a funny dude with his @** tastes video. Having fun...
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby lakerzkb8 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Hes very close to 30,000 points..
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:47 pm

When Kobe Bryant started off the 2012-13 season with four straight games in which he shot 50 percent or better from the field, there was optimism about his improved accuracy. But it was measured.

Yes, it was just the fourth-longest 50 percent streak in Bryant's 17-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers. And, yes, he hadn't had four straight games when he made more shots than he missed since Jan. 17-25, 2011. But there was still the question of how long he could keep his hot streak going.

Well, 10 games have passed since then and Bryant is still shooting better than he has at any point in his career.

Bryant is shooting 51 percent overall so far this season (his previous career best was 46.9 percent in 2001-02), 41.5 percent from the three-point line (his previous career best was 38.3 percent in 2002-03) and 87.4 percent from the foul line (his previous career best was 86.8 in 2006-07). He also has shot 50 percent or better in 10 out of the Lakers' 14 games, so his accuracy has been consistent. And with 17.1 percent of the season in the books, the sample size has grown to the point where this can't just be an aberration.

So, where does the credit go? How does Bryant jump from shooting just 43.0 percent overall a year ago -- his worst shooting mark since his second season in the league, back in 1997-98 -- to his best marksmanship as a 34-year old?

"I think the system has a lot to do with it," Bryant said Monday. "The floor is spaced out a little bit more. I can penetrate to the basket and get to the free throw line a lot more."

He is averaging 7.92 free throw attempts per game this season, up from 7.77 a game last year. The improvement isn't dramatic in that category, but Bryant seems to have adopted the mental standpoint that slashing opportunities are there for him whenever he wants them, whereas, last season, he would have Andrew Bynum and his defenders clogging up the paint.

"I think, really, it's just I had more lanes to the basket," Bryant said. "We don't have people on the block, on the post all the time, so it enables me to drive to the rim and draw fouls, get to the free throw line a lot."

Bryant didn't credit his time with USA Basketball or his comfort playing with his fractured index finger or improved health in his knees, either.

"Outside of that, I'm just a bad mother (expletive)," Bryant said with a smirk.

Or as coach Mike D'Antoni put it, "Kobe is tuned in."

Bryant believes that tune may sound even better when Steve Nash finally returns and the two are able to mesh their games in harmony.

"[The shooting percentages will] probably get better because I have to do less with the ball," Bryant said. "I'll have more catch-and-shoot opportunities, more catch-and-go opportunities and I'll really be able to get to the basket, really attack the rim and score."

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lak ... efficiency
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Maybe I'm irritated or something but I wish people would just chill about his shots and the way he plays. When he's playing well it's good for the team, when he isn't it's bad for the team, bottom line the offense still runs through him whether he's taking the bulk of the shots or not. When he has a bad game or two you all are making outlandish comments almost like armegeddon is nearing. If Kobe is taking almost 30 shots to get 30 point then I'm sure going to rip him, but he hasn't even done close to that this season and people COMPLAIN. If you've been Laker fans for as long as he's been a Laker then you should know how he plays the game by now, if not then I don't know where to start. Kobe only took 11 shots last games, some of you are making it seem as if he was just snatching "Camera time" if you will from the other players every second he got, he didn't. Other guys got theirs obviously we won and others players had double digit points, so they got theirs. KOBE IS NOT A POINT GUARD. Don't care how obsessed some people are with "showtime" it's time to get over that and I'm sure Steve Nash will give us all that pleasure when he returns. Dwight is NOT SHAQ 3peat era so stop looking forward to that as well, so cut the pass the torch nonsense, Dwight is still not 100% and needs his teammates to get him the ball as his athleticism is affected a little. The fact that Kobe only took 11 shots, people still complaining let's me know some of you just nit pick just to nit pick for whatever reason. Kobe already said he doesn't play for people's approval, he has helped win two titles for the franchise over the past 5 seasons playing the way he always has, some people don't like it but oh well he'll retire soon so people can be happy :)
Jazzygirl205

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Maybe I'm irritated or something but I wish people would just chill about his shots and the way he plays. When he's playing well it's good for the team, when he isn't it's bad for the team, bottom line the offense still runs through him whether he's taking the bulk of the shots or not. When he has a bad game or two you all are making outlandish comments almost like armegeddon is nearing. If Kobe is taking almost 30 shots to get 30 point then I'm sure going to rip him, but he hasn't even done close to that this season and people COMPLAIN. If you've been Laker fans for as long as he's been a Laker then you should know how he plays the game by now, if not then I don't know where to start. Kobe only took 11 shots last games, some of you are making it seem as if he was just snatching "Camera time" if you will from the other players every second he got, he didn't. Other guys got theirs obviously we won and others players had double digit points, so they got theirs. KOBE IS NOT A POINT GUARD. Don't care how obsessed some people are with "showtime" it's time to get over that and I'm sure Steve Nash will give us all that pleasure when he returns. Dwight is NOT SHAQ 3peat era so stop looking forward to that as well, so cut the pass the torch nonsense, Dwight is still not 100% and needs his teammates to get him the ball as his athleticism is affected a little. The fact that Kobe only took 11 shots, people still complaining let's me know some of you just nit pick just to nit pick for whatever reason. Kobe already said he doesn't play for people's approval, he has helped win two titles for the franchise over the past 5 seasons playing the way he always has, some people don't like it but oh well he'll retire soon so people can be happy :)

I always enjoy the "yeah Kobe's gotta realize he's 34 years old now and needs to pass the torch on to Dwight who's the young stud". The thought of Kobe formally turning over the competitive reins to the team while he's still on it always is a hoot..... :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby Aonex on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 pm

While I mostly agree with this, what makes the situation different is that Dwight can walk at the end of the season, so to a certain extent they have to keep him relatively happy with his role here.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Yes I agree with that too. A lot of chances for chemistry and egos to clash if they are crashing and burning in the playoffs and Dwight seems like the type to not want to put up with a whole lot if he's not happy. Grass is greener elsewhere. Hope not. Phil would have been good for that very reason.
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 am

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Kobe Bryant has flu-like symptoms and is not at shootround. We'll have an update later from the arena.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Now would be a good chance for Ebanks to play well and crack into the rotation and earn some backup SF minutes.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Like Kobe isn't going to play :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby jOeyB7000 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Kobe Bryant has flu-like symptoms and is not at shootround. We'll have an update later from the arena.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I predict he goes off for 40pts tonight.
jOeyB7000

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion