Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby trbo823 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:14 am

If I recall correctly, Bucher also said the Kobe will never play in a Lakers uniform again....How credible is this sucker?
LAKERS: We use Division and Conference championship banners as TOILET paper while other teams hangs them from their Rafters.
trbo823

Postby KB24 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:20 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Deng, Ty Thomas, filler.

That's the only package I'd accept from Chicago.

yes but how many SFs do we need?

Odom, Walton, Slalom, Deng, Tyrus...thats killing the balance outthere...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Re: Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby knm131 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:22 am

Punk-101 wrote:
girlsfavtoy wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:According to Ric Bucher on ESPN Sportscenter, he said Kobe was ready to begin the season with the mindset that the Los Angeles Lakers were not going to grant his wish and trade him, but now that they have mentioned the possibility, he wants it to happen as soon as possible.

I really think there is some truth to this.

Why? To me, it really seems as though Kobe has no interest in these first two preseason games. I know it's just the preseason. I know he shouldn't care anyway, but i see something more. I've NEVER seen kobe play like this. He looks like he doesn even care at all. He's just goofing around. Kobe has a competitive fire in pretty much all situations. These two games look like apathy to me.

Right... 17 in the first qrt... in the first game...

Then 8 assists in the other.

You do know kobe has a different role this year right... to be a facilitator.

Kobe only took one shot in the first quarter of the first game. he scored 17 in the 3rd quarter.

Kobe's averaging 5.5 turnovers in just over 20 mpg. That's incredible. Those TO's aren't bad team chemistry or rookie mistakes dropping passes. Kobe is just messing around in my eyes. He has no desire on defense and he's just being silly on offense. Of course he can sill put up some good stats when not trying cause he's that good, but im not talking about stats. I am a huge kobe fan. I take his side all the time. I DO NOT want him traded however. It saddens me a lot to see what i think im seeing. II think he wants to be traded very soon and knows he probably will be. I hope im wrong.

It's preseason ... I'm sorry but for you to say he looks disinterested during preseason, is like saying Michael Jordan looked focused in the playoffs.
knm131

Postby melo061 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:37 am

Kobe looks disintrested? He did in game 1 for the first half but since then i'd say no. In the first quarter yesterday Bryant was attacking the warriors paint and creating for his teamates. That's agressive playmaking, not lame duck facilitating like you see Lamar Odom doing.

I mean, he had like 4 assists in the first quarter yesterday breaking down the warriors defense. Not passive assists.
melo061

Postby Joe_Blow on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:39 am

knm131 wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
girlsfavtoy wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:According to Ric Bucher on ESPN Sportscenter, he said Kobe was ready to begin the season with the mindset that the Los Angeles Lakers were not going to grant his wish and trade him, but now that they have mentioned the possibility, he wants it to happen as soon as possible.

Why? To me, it really seems as though Kobe has no interest in these first two preseason games. I know it's just the preseason. I know he shouldn't care anyway, but i see something more. I've NEVER seen kobe play like this. He looks like he doesn even care at all. He's just goofing around. Kobe has a competitive fire in pretty much all situations. These two games look like apathy to me.

Kobe only took one shot in the first quarter of the first game. he scored 17 in the 3rd quarter.

Kobe's averaging 5.5 turnovers in just over 20 mpg. That's incredible. Those TO's aren't bad team chemistry or rookie mistakes dropping passes. Kobe is just messing around in my eyes. He has no desire on defense and he's just being silly on offense. Of course he can sill put up some good stats when not trying cause he's that good, but im not talking about stats. I am a huge kobe fan. I take his side all the time. I DO NOT want him traded however. It saddens me a lot to see what i think im seeing. II think he wants to be traded very soon and knows he probably will be. I hope im wrong.

It's preseason ... I'm sorry but for you to say he looks disinterested during preseason, is like saying Michael Jordan looked focused in the playoffs.

Yes, because pre-season is irrelevant to a team stacked with so much veteran leadership. They'll simply "flip the switch" when the real games start.

It's practice man, practice... are we talking about practice... it's practice!!!
Joe_Blow

Postby blakeruns on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:42 am

:hurl:
keepin it fresh eight days a week
blakeruns
CL Global Moderator

Postby knm131 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:00 am

Joe_Blow wrote:
knm131 wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
girlsfavtoy wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:

Yes, because pre-season is irrelevant to a team stacked with so much veteran leadership. They'll simply "flip the switch" when the real games start.

It's practice man, practice... are we talking about practice... it's practice!!!

It's irrelevant to veterans.

Do you HONESTLY believe that veteran NBA players play preseason games with similar levels of effort than they do regular season and postseason games?

Really?

Your cred/rep is on the line here .... be careful.
knm131

Are you kidding me?

Postby Nasty-Nate on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:05 am

Jason Terry and Josh Howard for Kobe? Are you freaking kidding me? Is the goal to make this team better or worse?

We are talking about the most prolific PLAYER in NBA history, and all we're getting for him is an above average player in JET and an over-achiever in J. Howard? Does anyone remember Brian Grant (are we still paying his contract?), Caron Butler and Lamar Odom? Sound familiar?

Let's start taking bets on how many games LO is gonna play this year. I'm gonna start with 35 - any more than that and I'll genuinely be SURPRISED. That man is the most injury-prone guy on the planet. The guy is shockingly silky smooth, but he can't seem to play consistently or even when it counts. The guy is fun to have on our team, but we should have done the deal for ARTEST.

Now Artest. Artest is the type of guy who will not let his team lose. Artest is so psycho that you had better pick you game up, ugh, KWAME.

I could go on and on. But seriously, I'd rather watch the Lakers suffer through another season WITH KOBE than WITHOUT HIM. The suffering is a foregone conclusion.

At the end of last year's playoffs with the Lakers elimination by the Suns, my friend Gabe said it best: "It's gonna be a long summer." And its gonna be an even longer season. Diehard Laker fans, we need to come together.
Nasty-Nate

Postby Nasty-Nate on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:08 am

Punk-101 wrote:

Right on the money.
Nasty-Nate

Postby Nasty-Nate on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:14 am

lakerzkb8 wrote:I agree PUNK- 101, his demeanor at training camp looks pretty lathargic too. Hes usually making comments left and right and taking lead, but hes been really behind the scenes this season during training camp.

Also, if you go over to kb24.com , his site even posted what Buss said and Kobe's response to it, and they were like see how "fans are reacting by clicking here" Like seriously, WTF is that for?? Its as if the people who manage his website have been given the nod to act like the media and turn this into something its not and inevitably force a trade

Man you are so incredibly RIGHT about that. The freaking media is having a FIELD DAY with this story. All Dr. Buss said was that he would entertain options for Kobe. LIKE THAT WASNT GONNA HAPPEN ANYWAY - what with a little day on the calendar called THE TRADE-DEADLINE. But no, ESPN has gone bat-sh1t crazy with this story - and I can just see Kobe going from simmering to boil with all the media coverage. Kobe Bean Bryant is gonna do anything possible to not come out like a "loser" in this situation.

This hurts me to even write, but I think Kobe is as good as gone. Welcome back Sedale Threat, Elden Campbell Lakers.

I'm hoping through some MIRACLE passed down from CHICK HEARN, that this team GELS, stayins injury-free and starts off the season like they did last year. But thats exactly what it is, a miracle.
Nasty-Nate

Re: Are you kidding me?

Postby knm131 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:17 am

Nasty-Nate wrote:Jason Terry and Josh Howard for Kobe? Are you freaking kidding me? Is the goal to make this team better or worse?

We are talking about the most prolific PLAYER in NBA history, and all we're getting for him is an above average player in JET and an over-achiever in J. Howard? Does anyone remember Brian Grant (are we still paying his contract?), Caron Butler and Lamar Odom? Sound familiar?

Let's start taking bets on how many games LO is gonna play this year. I'm gonna start with 35 - any more than that and I'll genuinely be SURPRISED. That man is the most injury-prone guy on the planet. The guy is shockingly silky smooth, but he can't seem to play consistently or even when it counts. The guy is fun to have on our team, but we should have done the deal for ARTEST.

Now Artest. Artest is the type of guy who will not let his team lose. Artest is so psycho that you had better pick you game up, ugh, KWAME.

I could go on and on. But seriously, I'd rather watch the Lakers suffer through another season WITH KOBE than WITHOUT HIM. The suffering is a foregone conclusion.

At the end of last year's playoffs with the Lakers elimination by the Suns, my friend Gabe said it best: "It's gonna be a long summer." And its gonna be an even longer season. Diehard Laker fans, we need to come together.

I'll take your bet of 35 games. 36 or more, you donate $100 to ClubLakers.com. 34 or less I will donate $100 to CL. 35 is a push.
knm131

Postby ndrui on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:16 am

Weezy wrote:
Chicago - Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, and Tyrus Thomas

That's a pretty good offer, but it'd be better if it were Deng, Nocioni and Thomas, I'd have a hard time saying no to that if I were the Lakers.

I'd take Deng, Gordon and Thomas over any of the other Chicago trades...They wouldn't really need Gordon anyway if they got Kobe...and I couldn't see leaving them Hinrich and Gordon. I still like the Atlanta scenario better, Johnson, Horford and Smith...for Kobe and the 2009 lottery protected first round pick.
ndrui

Postby A Rush on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:12 am

Nasty-Nate wrote:We are talking about the most prolific PLAYER in NBA history,

Seriously, WTF are you smoking? Kobe is not even CLOSE to being the most prolific player in NBA history. You need a steady diet of NBA history and some sense knocked into you.
A Rush

Postby NY_Laker_Fan on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:20 am

thisbjgz wrote:lmao @ jerry buss for now wanting to part with Bynum for J kidd.

now he wants to trade kobe for howard+terry? LOL !@*()@$&^&*#^*$&%^@#%&!(%@^!(@*!()@!&#@#@

wow..if the big guy doesnt even develop ANYWHERE NEARLY where his (the P word comes into play) POTENTIAL, the city of Los Angeles is going to be a riot.

Buss said the trade offers were laughable. For you slow of mind that means ... he is NOT willing to make that trade.

No wonder people criticize our schools. Posts such as this ... and so many others like it ... clearly show that the reading comprehension of the American public has gone to hell.
NY_Laker_Fan

Postby UKUGA on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:34 am

as mentally tough as Kobe as, this is sure to get to him. He knows that this team, as currently constructed is not a contender, and throw in that the Lakers are resigned to lose him by 2009, I'm sure he just wants to go ahead and get this over with.

doesn't bode well for the 2007-8 Lakers
UKUGA

Postby bumrusherer on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:42 am

Once we realize that we will come out of this deal the worse off...that is when you can start to formulate realistic trades.

The Dallas deal would be ok, but only if Terry didnt have so many years remaining.

Switch Deng or Kirk with Gordon..and the Chi deal would be fine with me.

It would also be nice to get a 1st rounder with both deals though...just to add a little sizzle.

Quite frankly..I see nothing happening and Kobe leaving as a free agent. There just isnt enough teams that could lose enough and still be good enough for Kobe to waive his No-Trade.
bumrusherer

Postby mixtim on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:53 am

Terry & Howard?

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Nice try, Mark
mixtim

Postby The Maverick on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:59 am

Nasty-Nate wrote:We are talking about the most prolific PLAYER in NBA history

LOL.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby Joe_Blow on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:37 am

knm131 wrote:
Joe_Blow wrote:
knm131 wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
girlsfavtoy wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:

It's irrelevant to veterans.

Do you HONESTLY believe that veteran NBA players play preseason games with similar levels of effort than they do regular season and postseason games?

Really?

Your cred/rep is on the line here .... be careful.

Cred/rep on a freekin' message board? Man, that's hilarious!!!

Do I believe vets exert the same amount of energy to both pre-season and regular season games? OF COURSE NOT. Yet, there's a huge difference between max effort and lackadaisical.

Look, I didn't watch the games, so I'm in no position to comment on the validity of some folk's assertions that "Kobe acted like he could care less." There may be some anecdotal evidence to suggest so, but that's a slippery slope and one I'm not interested in going down. My beef is with all the responses that are akin to "of course he's disinterested... it's pre-season... it doesn't matter." IT DOES MATTER... TO A YOUNG TEAM, IT MATTERS A LOT... TO A PLAYER WHO'S ROLE HAS CHANGED, IT MATTERS A LOT... TO A TEAM THAT'S IMPLEMENTED SYSTEM CHANGES, IT MATTERS A LOT... NOW IS THE TIME TO WORK ON THAT STUFF... SO EVERYONE BETTER DAMN WELL BE INTERESTED!!!

For a young team, pre-season sets the tone for the rest of the season. These guys don't have everything figured out... we're not talking about a veteran ball club. So, yes, it's damned important. Unless you assume it's ok to just wait and figure stuff out during "real" games, it's incredibly important. There's not a lot of time for extended practice during the season... NOW is the time.

By the way, I suspect that Phil, considering his comments re: "Kobe may not be able to play the role we've set out for him" after watching the pre-season games, did consider them kind of important.
Joe_Blow

Postby Darrius Lovehall on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:54 am

I have to completely disagree with those of you who feel the Bobcats deal would be bad for the Lakers. What has been the main gripe of many Laker fans especially on this board? Our weakness at the PF position. Okafor soldifies the PF position for the next 10 years.

His career averages of 14ppg, 10rpg and 2.1bpg is EXACTLY the type of production we need from that spot. He provides the defensive anchor so many of you here are constantly yearning for. On top of all that, the guy is ONLY 24 years old. A great character guy and from all accounts a fantastic teammate. Humble and hardworking. He would fit in perfectly with the young core we already have.

Along with Okafur you get a freakishly athletic and talented swing guard to replace Bryant. While Richardson is not on the top tier level of 2 guards in the league, the guy is not far behind. He has range, quicks, and is a highwire act that will continue to bring excitement to Staples on a nightly basis. Career averages of 18ppg, 5.4rpg,1.2spg, and 3.4apg.

If you guys could tell me another SG the Lakers could get for Bryant who's as talented as Richardson, I'd love to hear who that is. As much as I do like Ben Gordon from Chicago. I'd rather have Richardson based on size, quickness and athletic ability alone.

IMO, there is no other trade that could net the Lakers BOTH an impact PF and an all around talented SG for Bryant. Both of who are still in their mid twenties, and who would fit PERFECTLy with the current young core we have. This hypothetical trade is better than the alleged Dallas trade offer and anything the Bulls are willing to part with for Bryant.

Bynum-7'2
Okafor-6'11
Odom-6'11
Richardson-6'6
Critt-6'5

IMO, that lineup would/could do some damage. The team would be much more balanced than the "Kobe and scrub" show we've witnessed the past three seasons. You have low post scoring ability, slashes, shooters, shotblocking, and outstanding rebounding ability. The Lakers would still have the flexibility to be players in the 2010 free agent class to bring in an impact player to add to that core.
~ Romance is about the Possibility of the Thing. Ya See. Its about the time between when you first meet some fine woman. Then when you first make Love to her. Or when you first ask a woman to marry you and when she says I Do. When people who been together for a long time say that the Romance is gone...What they’re really saying is they've Exhausted the Possibility.
Darrius Lovehall

Postby Flatlyner on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:48 am

Yes, let's not forget that Agent Zero is a free agent after this year and has expressed his desire for the Los Angeles area. If we trade Kobe, we might have the cap to sign him and, along with the pieces we get in the trade, could have a contending team come 2008.
Flatlyner

Postby jlkr on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:35 am

Random thoughts again:

Lakers are not getting under the cap next year. Even if they get a big expiring as part of the deal. Have to remember that some of the players mentioned in deals are about to get extensions that have to be paid for. If it's Agent Zero to here, they'll need an S&T to make that happen, but that is not a Kobe destination.

Charlotte sounds good on the surface for the Lakers. Think about it some more and one realizes that this leaves Charlotte without an All-Star quality big man without whom Kobe will never win another title. Further, Okafor has back problems and that doesn't augur well for his long term future. Do the Lakers want to gamble on that? I say let Charlotte keep him.

I can't see the Suns trading Amare; they absolutely positively have to keep him to counter the All-Star or HOF quality bigs on the other top 4 teams in the Western Conference. Also I don't believe they'll give up Barbosa without getting somebody back to spell Nash. So the best Suns offer would be Marion, Bell and Atlanta #1. Or it could be Marion, Barbosa, Diaw, Atlanta #1 for Kobe, Kwame and Farmar. I can live with either of those trades as long as the Atlanta #1 is in them. But does the Lakers FO accept these guys for Kobe?

I don't like the Dallas deal: there's not enough talent and no good draft picks coming back. It's laughable...

So it's back to Chicago. The holdup is Deng. For the Lakers, everything starts with him. For Chicago (and Kobe), he is off the table. I like Deng, Gordon, Noah and PJ Brown (for salary filler). Forget Gordon's demand for an extension; let him walk because Crit will be ready by that time. PJ's deal is only guaranteed 1 year, let him walk too. Extend Deng. So the Lakers are essentially trading Kobe for Deng, Noah and the pick. Then in about two years, you'll see Bynum, Noah, Deng, Crit and Farmar with Vlad, Turiaf, etc. coming off the bench. This could be a pretty good team. I like...

Fun...
jlkr

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:37 am

being its ric bucher talking none of this is happening.
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby klassix on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:24 pm

A Rush wrote:
Nasty-Nate wrote:We are talking about the most prolific PLAYER in NBA history,

Seriously, WTF are you smoking? Kobe is not even CLOSE to being the most prolific player in NBA history. You need a steady diet of NBA history and some sense knocked into you.

For people who started watching the NBA/Lakers in the late 90s he probably is.
klassix

Postby Alleyhoops on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:00 pm

While they would never admit or discuss it publicly, I think other GMs know that Kupchak has a history of being unable to get equal value in trades. We're going to be offered garbage for Bryant until we flinch and accept someone's BS offer. Teams are positioning themsleves to try to be the one that steals Kobe from us. No one is even offering their top tier player for arguably the best player in the world. It's gonna wind up being another Shaq for garbage, Caron for garbage trade.

Other GMs are like vultures and just waiting for us to trip over ourselves and commit to another blunder.
Alleyhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion