Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby Nasty-Nate on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:38 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:While they would never admit or discuss it publicly, I think other GMs know that Kupchak has a history of being unable to get equal value in trades. We're going to be offered garbage for Bryant until we flinch and accept someone's BS offer. Teams are positioning themsleves to try to be the one that steals Kobe from us. No one is even offering their top tier player for arguably the best player in the world. It's gonna wind up being another Shaq for garbage, Caron for garbage trade.

Other GMs are like vultures and just waiting for us to trip over ourselves and commit to another blunder.

Agreed.
Nasty-Nate

Re: Are you kidding me?

Postby lakerskobe247 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:00 pm

A Rush wrote:
Nasty-Nate wrote:We are talking about the most prolific PLAYER in NBA history,

Seriously, WTF are you smoking? Kobe is not even CLOSE to being the most prolific player in NBA history. You need a steady diet of NBA history and some sense knocked into you.

Skillwise, he is the GOAT.
http://www.youtube.com/LakersRule24
Visit, comment, and subscribe to the #1 Kobe Bryant Game Archive on the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U616sib8v-Y
Kobe Bryant Clutch Compilation: Game Winners as of 2009
lakerskobe247

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:02 pm

lakerskobe247 wrote:
A Rush wrote:

Seriously, WTF are you smoking? Kobe is not even CLOSE to being the most prolific player in NBA history. You need a steady diet of NBA history and some sense knocked into you.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Amongst_Kings on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:34 pm

why do we care what ric bucher says? he was the guy who said kobe would deifantely not report to training camp right? the same guy that said that kobe was done with the lakers and it was beyond repair...both wrong. I wont believe him now
Amongst_Kings

Postby lakerskobe247 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
lakerskobe247 wrote:
A Rush wrote:

Yet another instance of how the media is able to so easily brainwash the minds of young kids.
http://www.youtube.com/LakersRule24
Visit, comment, and subscribe to the #1 Kobe Bryant Game Archive on the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U616sib8v-Y
Kobe Bryant Clutch Compilation: Game Winners as of 2009
lakerskobe247

Re: Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby Punk-101 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:03 pm

knm131 wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
girlsfavtoy wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:According to Ric Bucher on ESPN Sportscenter, he said Kobe was ready to begin the season with the mindset that the Los Angeles Lakers were not going to grant his wish and trade him, but now that they have mentioned the possibility, he wants it to happen as soon as possible.

I really think there is some truth to this.

Why? To me, it really seems as though Kobe has no interest in these first two preseason games. I know it's just the preseason. I know he shouldn't care anyway, but i see something more. I've NEVER seen kobe play like this. He looks like he doesn even care at all. He's just goofing around. Kobe has a competitive fire in pretty much all situations. These two games look like apathy to me.

Right... 17 in the first qrt... in the first game...

Then 8 assists in the other.

You do know kobe has a different role this year right... to be a facilitator.

Kobe only took one shot in the first quarter of the first game. he scored 17 in the 3rd quarter.

Kobe's averaging 5.5 turnovers in just over 20 mpg. That's incredible. Those TO's aren't bad team chemistry or rookie mistakes dropping passes. Kobe is just messing around in my eyes. He has no desire on defense and he's just being silly on offense. Of course he can sill put up some good stats when not trying cause he's that good, but im not talking about stats. I am a huge kobe fan. I take his side all the time. I DO NOT want him traded however. It saddens me a lot to see what i think im seeing. II think he wants to be traded very soon and knows he probably will be. I hope im wrong.

It's preseason ... I'm sorry but for you to say he looks disinterested during preseason, is like saying Michael Jordan looked focused in the playoffs.

I hope you're right. I completely understand vet's differing level of interest, and i took that into consideration while stating my opinion in that post. Im just stating what I think i see. I very well could be wrong. It just really looks like somthing different from any preseason from kobe before. Im not basing this on bucher's comments or any of the trade stuff. Sure, they support what i think im seeing, but im trying to focus on his apparent apathy independent of those things. His disinterest level looks to be "F this" in my eyes.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby dj vitus on Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:35 pm

TIME wrote:If those two offers are real then Dr. Buss' comment about laughable offers makes sense.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby MaddDogg on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:07 pm

First, People who say that kobe is not as intense in the preseason is because he is not. He was playing with the best players in the world over the summer, and was trying to do the same passes he did with team USA. Kobes turnovers came because he was messing around. Its the preseason, everybody is wearing hawaiian shirts, kobe will play when it counts, but let him have fun when it doesn't.

Second, Buss is a idiot. Buss stop dating 23 year old girls and concentrate on your franchise. We essentially have the same team as last year and we are going nowhere.

We made zero moves to make the team better. Our big men are as mediocore as can be. Cook and christina are terrible. Bynum is only going to be an average center.

The only thing to look forward to is crit, and farmar.

If kobe is traded we are done.
MaddDogg

Postby d.carter4kobe on Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:00 am

Darrius Lovehall wrote:I have to completely disagree with those of you who feel the Bobcats deal would be bad for the Lakers. What has been the main gripe of many Laker fans especially on this board? Our weakness at the PF position. Okafor soldifies the PF position for the next 10 years.

His career averages of 14ppg, 10rpg and 2.1bpg is EXACTLY the type of production we need from that spot. He provides the defensive anchor so many of you here are constantly yearning for. On top of all that, the guy is ONLY 24 years old. A great character guy and from all accounts a fantastic teammate. Humble and hardworking. He would fit in perfectly with the young core we already have.

Along with Okafur you get a freakishly athletic and talented swing guard to replace Bryant. While Richardson is not on the top tier level of 2 guards in the league, the guy is not far behind. He has range, quicks, and is a highwire act that will continue to bring excitement to Staples on a nightly basis. Career averages of 18ppg, 5.4rpg,1.2spg, and 3.4apg.

If you guys could tell me another SG the Lakers could get for Bryant who's as talented as Richardson, I'd love to hear who that is. As much as I do like Ben Gordon from Chicago. I'd rather have Richardson based on size, quickness and athletic ability alone.

IMO, there is no other trade that could net the Lakers BOTH an impact PF and an all around talented SG for Bryant. Both of who are still in their mid twenties, and who would fit PERFECTLy with the current young core we have. This hypothetical trade is better than the alleged Dallas trade offer and anything the Bulls are willing to part with for Bryant.

Bynum-7'2
Okafor-6'11
Odom-6'11
Richardson-6'6
Critt-6'5

IMO, that lineup would/could do some damage. The team would be much more balanced than the "Kobe and scrub" show we've witnessed the past three seasons. You have low post scoring ability, slashes, shooters, shotblocking, and outstanding rebounding ability. The Lakers would still have the flexibility to be players in the 2010 free agent class to bring in an impact player to add to that core.

Joe Johnson+Al Horford???? These are my 2 favortie deals tho....but its in doubt that Kobe would go to either team(Hawks would be a better but bobcats have MJ)
d.carter4kobe

Postby The Maverick on Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:02 am

lakerskobe247 wrote:
A Rush wrote:

No, he's not.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby GCMD on Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:22 am

Laker's Fan wrote:It is entirely possible that Doc Buss is ready to show Kobe the door and just needs him to forgo his trade veto power. That would explain the comments in the paper.

If Kobe opens his list up why not give Charlotte a call and see if they would swing Okafor/Wallace/Filler for Bryant? (It would need to wait for December 15th but Wallace isn't BYC b/c Charlotte is under the cap).

Word is ticket sales have been low in Charlotte and they just spent bank on Carroll, Wallace and Richardson. Okafor is up for an extension and Felton is right behind him next year. Charlotte would A) See an imediate spike ticket sales and B) Pair Mike Jordan with his heir apparent. If you think they wouldn't be interested just ask youself, would Jordan have traded for himself at all costs? Just a thought.

Wallace and Okafor are both great shot blockers and Okafor is an elite rebounder. A front line of Wallace/Okafor/Bynum would be a good starting point defensively. Add Critt and Turiaf and you have a solid young nucleus.

That leave the Lakers with Odom, Farmar, Kwame (expiring) as additional trade assets.
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion