Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby shaveice on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:09 pm

DALakeshow wrote:A Bullspackage id consider accepting from the Bulls if Deng is not involved would be

Hinrich, Gordon, Noah, Ben Wallace

for Kwame, Kobe, Farmar

C Bynum
PF Wallace
SF Lamar
SG Gordon
PG HInrich

I think Noah will be better then Tyrus Thomas

You know, the other team has a say in the deal too. You basically gip Chicago of all the talent they have. This is what their starting 5 looks like:

Duhon
Kobe
Deng
Nocioni
Kwame

W..T..F
shaveice

Postby Shortodom on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:11 pm

kobezaballa wrote:lets go marion/barbosa/diaw/ 1st rnd pick for kobe/kwame/cook

Why do we want Barbosa when we have Fisher,Criitenton and Farmer as pg's already?
Shortodom

Postby shaveice on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Shortodom wrote:

Why do we want Barbosa when we have Fisher,Criitenton and Farmer as pg's already?

Because he can play the SG?
shaveice

Re: Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:12 pm

klassix wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:According to Ric Bucher on ESPN Sportscenter, he said Kobe was ready to begin the season with the mindset that the Los Angeles Lakers were not going to grant his wish and trade him, but now that they have mentioned the possibility, he wants it to happen as soon as possible. Here are the deals he mentioned that were discussed.

Dallas - Jason Terry and Josh Howard

Chicago - Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, and Tyrus Thomas

He mentioned that the Dallas offer was an actual offer and that Jerry Buss took a few days to think about it and then rejected it.

He also mentioned that the Chicago scenario is more of a discussion since the Lakers front office wants all negotiations to start with Luol Deng.

Both of those deals are putrid.

The longer the Los Angeles Lakers wait, Kobe Bryant's option gets closer, and the trade offers will get worse...
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby Weezy on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Shortodom wrote:

Because Barbosa is awesome, you take the best talent you can get regardless of position. You can always trade your other PG's later, plus he can play some SG. That's like saying why do we want Amare we have Mihm and Bynum. :man11:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Joe_Blow on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:19 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:The longer the Los Angeles Lakers wait, Kobe Bryant's option gets closer, and the trade offers will get worse...

Possibly. The Kobe "asset" is a bit like an options contract... definitely time-sensitive.

Funny, the biggest leverage point Kobe has against the team is TIME -- trade me or I'm gone. Likewise, the biggest leverage point L.A. has against Kobe is TIME -- be more flexible with your demands or you're stuck for 2 years.

Gonna be an interesting few months!
Joe_Blow

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:20 pm

someone made a great point...the FO isnt willing to trade Bynum for Kidd, JO, etc but they're willing to trade KOBE for guys like Josh Howard and Luol Deng? Come on now...i think that if push comes to shove, we might hafto deal Bynum and LO for JO...i'd rather keep Kobe than keep Bynum and LO....we have guys at LO's posiition that can fill in (walton and vlad) and we'll still have a pretty deep front court, instead of Bynum, Kwame, Mihm and Turiaf, we'll have JO, Kwame, Mihm and Turiaf...which I think would be better for now...our team would still be pretty deep...i think at most it would be a 3 for 1 swap...with Sasha being the third player in the trade....im down to do it cuz our team would STILL be very deep with a starting unit of JO, Turiaf, Walton, Kobe and Fish with Mihm, Kwame, Vlad, Evans, Farmar, Critt and Cook off the bench....who agrees with me?
FabFourLakers

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:28 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:someone made a great point...the FO isnt willing to trade Bynum for Kidd, JO, etc but they're willing to trade KOBE for guys like Josh Howard and Luol Deng? Come on now...i think that if push comes to shove, we might hafto deal Bynum and LO for JO...i'd rather keep Kobe than keep Bynum and LO....we have guys at LO's posiition that can fill in (walton and vlad) and we'll still have a pretty deep front court, instead of Bynum, Kwame, Mihm and Turiaf, we'll have JO, Kwame, Mihm and Turiaf...which I think would be better for now...our team would still be pretty deep...i think at most it would be a 3 for 1 swap...with Sasha being the third player in the trade....im down to do it cuz our team would STILL be very deep with a starting unit of JO, Turiaf, Walton, Kobe and Fish with Mihm, Kwame, Vlad, Evans, Farmar, Critt and Cook off the bench....who agrees with me?

I believe that trading Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom for Jermaine O'Neal was the absolute correct move to make when this situation initially transpired, but now I believe that the situation has gotten so far out of control, and with or without this move, there is no reconsiliation.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby lakerskobe247 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:34 pm

If I were the Laker management, with the direction they're going, I would do Kobe for Harris/J. Howard/Diop/Future 1st round pick/Cash. Then trade Odom for Shawn Marion(1 year, 18 mil). That leaves LA with,

PG: Harris
SG: Crittenton
SF: Howard
PF: Marion
C: Bynum

Then they will have cleared a huge amount of salary cap.
http://www.youtube.com/LakersRule24
Visit, comment, and subscribe to the #1 Kobe Bryant Game Archive on the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U616sib8v-Y
Kobe Bryant Clutch Compilation: Game Winners as of 2009
lakerskobe247

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:someone made a great point...the FO isnt willing to trade Bynum for Kidd, JO, etc but they're willing to trade KOBE for guys like Josh Howard and Luol Deng? Come on now...i think that if push comes to shove, we might hafto deal Bynum and LO for JO...i'd rather keep Kobe than keep Bynum and LO....we have guys at LO's posiition that can fill in (walton and vlad) and we'll still have a pretty deep front court, instead of Bynum, Kwame, Mihm and Turiaf, we'll have JO, Kwame, Mihm and Turiaf...which I think would be better for now...our team would still be pretty deep...i think at most it would be a 3 for 1 swap...with Sasha being the third player in the trade....im down to do it cuz our team would STILL be very deep with a starting unit of JO, Turiaf, Walton, Kobe and Fish with Mihm, Kwame, Vlad, Evans, Farmar, Critt and Cook off the bench....who agrees with me?

I believe that trading Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom for Jermaine O'Neal was the absolute correct move to make when this situation initially transpired, but now I believe that the situation has gotten so far out of control, and with or without this move, there is no reconsiliation.

yea seriously...it's too late to make that move now...who would want to come to this mess that our FO has created? Seriously we need to fire Mitch and Buss needs to sell the Lakers...his time is up and we need new blood...
FabFourLakers

Postby shaq34oneal on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:51 pm

lakers trade kobe to pacers for danny granger,troy murphy, and marquis daniels.................

pg javaris
sg marquis
sf granger
pf odom
c bynum
shaq34oneal

Postby lakerskobe247 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:57 pm

shaq34oneal wrote:lakers trade kobe to pacers for danny granger,troy murphy, and marquis daniels.................

pg javaris
sg marquis
sf granger
pf odom
c bynum

Great trade. This will make us automatic contenders. :jam2:

lakerskobe247

Postby LakeSHOW80 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:58 pm

lakerskobe247 wrote:
shaq34oneal wrote:lakers trade kobe to pacers for danny granger,troy murphy, and marquis daniels.................

pg javaris
sg marquis
sf granger
pf odom
c bynum

Are you serious? Contenders? LOL.
LakeSHOW80

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:01 pm

lakerskobe247 wrote:Typical media hype, typical media response, typical media blowing things out of proportion. All of them are very predictable. Bucher and the media need to stfu.

:jam2:

Aren't "journalists" held to standards any more? This is just as much nonsense as Bucher saying "Kobe *will not* show up to camp."

Why are you guys buying into this?
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby 10scott10 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:05 pm

LakeSHOW80 wrote:
lakerskobe247 wrote:

pg javaris
sg marquis
sf granger
pf odom
c bynum

Are you serious? Contenders? LOL.

he forgot to add OJ mayo after we win the lottery with that team cause thats the only thing that team as posted is a contender to win.
10scott10

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:06 pm

scottiep1013 wrote:
I disagree. I think Kobe is just feeling out his new role in the team. He's looking to pass early and then he's going to try and take over later in the game. He's only not shooting early cause it's preseason. I am positive that when the season starts he'll really start running the offense.

Thank you! Kobe doesn't look disinterested at all, he look *interested* in getting his teammates into their spots and then getting them the ball.

Jesus Christ, it's like Jerry Springer around here...
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby 10scott10 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:08 pm

mandingo wrote:
scottiep1013 wrote:
I disagree. I think Kobe is just feeling out his new role in the team. He's looking to pass early and then he's going to try and take over later in the game. He's only not shooting early cause it's preseason. I am positive that when the season starts he'll really start running the offense.

Thank you! Kobe doesn't look disinterested at all, he look *interested* in getting his teammates into their spots and then getting them the ball.

atleast on jerry springer there is someone top keep things on topic
10scott10

Postby mandingo on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:09 pm

10scott10 wrote:
mandingo wrote:
scottiep1013 wrote:

atleast on jerry springer there is someone top keep things on topic

:man10: :man10:

I wonder what Jerry's final thought would be about all of us idiots getting ready to jump off of a bridge over speculation and rumor...
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby kray28 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:13 pm

mandingo wrote:Aren't "journalists" held to standards any more?

No, they aren't. Didn't you know that lying is actually protected free speech (look it up, I'm not joking). Fox News was sued a few years back about it (lying in a news report) and the Supreme Court ruled in their favor.
kray28

Postby SrekalBulc2 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:23 pm

"I'd bet my house on it."- This public service anouncement has been brought to you by a complete tool. :bang:
SrekalBulc2

Postby lakerskobe247 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:27 pm

Those that say that Kobe is disinterested is wrong. In fact, Kobe played and looked more "disinterested" in the 06-07 season than the 2 preseason games played. He would just dribble the ball, pass the ball, and stand around like a duck. Way to buy into the media hype, again.

lakerskobe247

Postby J.C. Smith on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:27 pm

girlsfavtoy wrote:Right... 17 in the first qrt... in the first game...

Then 8 assists in the other.

You do know kobe has a different role this year right... to be a facilitator.

I'm not sure if Kobe is disinterested or if he is just struggling with his new role, but he has looked pretty bad... Primarily the fact that he has allowed Azubuike to completley go off, what happened to his defense this summer? He's not carrying a heavy load offensively at the moment but he lets some scrub score 22 and 27 on him in two pre-season games?

The 17 in the third quarter of game 1 was after the crowd started booing. Up until that point he had taken one shot, had 0 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 6 turnovers. Him then scoring 17 in about 8 minutes was the equivalent of saying "If I want to, I can do this!". In game 2, 8 assists was nice, but 5 sloppy turnovers was not. So far in the pre-season he has shot 29% from the field and averaged 5.5 turnovers per game.

It's the pre-season, he has a new role. If he's just struggling with that role or coasting then that's okay, but if he's dogging it to try to force a trade then get him out of here.
J.C. Smith

Postby marcelo on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:27 pm

this is taking too long.. a part of me says he´s gone...

i love Kobe, i don´t want him to go. But it´s kinda exciting seeing what kid of team we could have without Kobe but with a couple of good young players, a more balanced lineup..
marcelo

Postby klassix on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:45 pm

pg javaris
sg marquis
sf granger
pf odom
c bynum

:hurl:
klassix

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:46 pm

marcelo wrote:this is taking too long.. a part of me says he´s gone...

i love Kobe, i don´t want him to go. But it´s kinda exciting seeing what kid of team we could have without Kobe but with a couple of good young players, a more balanced lineup..

I agree. Honestly I'm getting closer and closer to actually wanting us to trade him away.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion