Kobe Trade Offers per Ric Bucher

Postby lakerskobe247 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Here is a nice post someone made about the Lakers FO/Kobe situation.

Kobe Bryant was 23 years old, and had just won his third championship ring. When asked how many rings Kobe would end up with, Magic pondered "Realistically, I would say 8 or 9." Kobe is now 30 years old, and he still has only three rings. The seven most productive years of his invaluable career, one that was predestined to be the greatest of all time, have been wasted.

This man's biological clock is ticking, he is antsy as hell, and to think that some so-called Lakers fans would be 'disappointed' with his trade requests...
And this has less to do with Shaq, and more to do with Buss/Kupchak. It is absolutely mind-numbing how many STAR players the lakers have passed on. Players that would have been PERFECT compliments to Kobe in his quest for another title:

Jason Kidd
Josh Howard
Carlos Boozer
Manu Ginobli
Leandro Barbosa
Monta Ellis
Chris Duhon
Ron Artest
Tayshawn Prince
Baron Davis

I know , some of you will say, "Stop living the past...." But he Lakers' Front office never learns. Why aren't they going after Artest? Why aren't they doing Odom for Marion...

Why would you deal Caron for Kwame , who is about to walk at the end of the season?

I am as excited as most of you are for this upcoming season, but face it , can we really win a 7-game series? Will we stay Healthy?

We have the most unstoppable scorer in the NBA and thanks to Phil Jackson's stupidity, he will play passive and dish it to these dumbed-down scrubs like he did last year. Thanks Phil, lets just put the reigns on the most unstoppable player ever so he doesn't shoot and proves he is " a leader."

We were promised changes, we got NOTHING. Fisher was dropped into our lap, and Crittenton was a just a standard draft pick. Woopi-doo! Kobe should have just sat out the season..... this is ridiculous.

The man's biggest passion, his biggest talent, his dreams, his sacrifices, his time and effort, his career, his legacy are all going down the goddamn toilet thanks to this piece of (bleep) organization.

They will go from having the two best players of the past decade to having nothing. Personally, I would have sat out and enjoyed life with my family. Why turn 7 wasted years into 8?

Sorry to post it here, but if I made a thread about it it would get locked. It's amazing how many Laker fans want Kobe gone. It's ridiculous, actually.
http://www.youtube.com/LakersRule24
Visit, comment, and subscribe to the #1 Kobe Bryant Game Archive on the net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U616sib8v-Y
Kobe Bryant Clutch Compilation: Game Winners as of 2009
lakerskobe247

Postby Unphony Phranchise on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:00 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA BUCHER!!!! Like we believe a single word he has to say. HAHAHA. Mr. "Kobe will never play a game in a Laker uniform again"

Hold on gimmie a second...........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BUCHER HAS TURNED HIMSELF INTO THE LEAST CREDIBLE REPORTER OF ANYONE, WORSE THAN EVEN JACK HALEY.

You think I'll ever believe a word he has to say? After this summer and the whole Kobe thing, he has lost all my respect.

:bspn:
:bspn: :soap:
Unphony Phranchise

Postby Showtime is Magic on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:12 pm

klassix wrote:
shaq34oneal wrote:lakers trade kobe to pacers for danny granger,troy murphy, and marquis daniels.................

pg javaris
sg marquis
sf granger
pf odom
c bynum

:hurl:

:hurl:
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby The Maverick on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:46 pm

No way I'm taking Gordon, Nocioni and Thomas. It's either Deng and Thomas + Fillers or nothing.
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby ElginTheGreat on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:55 pm

The deals being thrown out are just awful. I honestly think they would be better off letting him walk in two years and just having the cap room to offer a free agent.
ElginTheGreat

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:07 pm

The Maverick wrote:No way I'm taking Gordon, Nocioni and Thomas. It's either Deng and Thomas + Fillers or nothing.

And you are? Jerry Buss? Jim Buss? Mitch Kupchak? Neither of them...then it does not matter. The Los Angeles Lakers have dug themselves a hole deep enough where they are losing leverage each passing day.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby MiraculousComeback on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:32 pm

popo wrote:Howard is too much like Odom, but man Dallas with Kobe and Dirk wow scary thought. :man4:

Sure, Dallas would be good...but that would be an interesting pairing th have Dirk and Kobe together!!

One of the game's crunch time players in Kobe and one of the NBA's alltime big-game chokers in Nowitzki!! :mhihi:
MiraculousComeback

Postby 2wheelgod on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:03 pm

I would like to see Kobe traded ASAP. If Kobe wanted to win, he would have kept his mouth shut when Shaq was here. At anyway rate, I want to see him gone asap. I would have a more enjoyable time watching the young guys play and grow up as a group. Watching young players grow up and mature is more fun than watching an egistical star. Good bye Kobe and break an ankle on your way out.
2wheelgod

Postby Darrius Lovehall on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:07 pm

As ive said several times, the absolute best deal for the Lakers would be to send Bryant to the Bobcats for Okafur, Richardson, and a couple of number one picks. Bobcats keep their best player in Wallace to pair with Bryant. While the Lakers get one hell of a package for Bryant. A C/PF combination of Bynum and Okafur has the potential of being flat out dominate in the very near future. Rebounding and shotblocking would be on lock. While the Lakers would have an extremely talented and athletic backcourt with J-Rich and Critt. Lakers could not get a better deal for Bryant, IMO.

Bynum_Brown_Mihm
Okafur_Turiaf_Cook
Odom_Radman_Walton
Richardson_Evans_Sasha
Critt_Farmar_Fisher

That team is incredibly SOLID with the potential of being dominate in a couple of years when Odom comes off the books, Bynum and Critt develop even more and the Lakers cash in on some draft picks.
~ Romance is about the Possibility of the Thing. Ya See. Its about the time between when you first meet some fine woman. Then when you first make Love to her. Or when you first ask a woman to marry you and when she says I Do. When people who been together for a long time say that the Romance is gone...What they’re really saying is they've Exhausted the Possibility.
Darrius Lovehall

Postby Showtime is Magic on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:13 pm

^^^

NO trade clause? :man3:
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Darrius Lovehall wrote:As ive said several times, the absolute best deal for the Lakers would be to send Bryant to the Bobcats for Okafur, Richardson, and a couple of number one picks. Bobcats keep their best player in Wallace to pair with Bryant. While the Lakers get one hell of a package for Bryant. A C/PF combination of Bynum and Okafur has the potential of being flat out dominate in the very near future. Rebounding and shotblocking would be on lock. While the Lakers would have an extremely talented and athletic backcourt with J-Rich and Critt. Lakers could not get a better deal for Bryant, IMO.

Bynum_Brown_Mihm
Okafur_Turiaf_Cook
Odom_Radman_Walton
Richardson_Evans_Sasha
Critt_Farmar_Fisher

That team is incredibly SOLID with the potential of being dominate in a couple of years when Odom comes off the books, Bynum and Critt develop even more and the Lakers cash in on some draft picks.

#1, Kobe Bryant has a no trade clase, and #2, why would the Charlotte Bobcats trade the only center they have? If they want to win with Kobe Bryant, they need a center.
March 21, 1999:

Venti Quattro

Postby Darrius Lovehall on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:39 pm

Showtime is Magic wrote:^^^

Bryant wants out of LA desperately, right? Why wouldnt he want to go to the Bobcats and play for his idol? They have much better pieces than the Lakers according to many of you here, and they reside in the East. If Bryant is as great as he and many of you think he is. If he has the leadership abilities to take a team to the finals, why would he not want to go there? Lebron took an even less overall talented team to the finals. Bryant couldnt?

Brezac
Harrington
Wallace
Bryant
Felton

With Carrol, May, Morrison, Anderson and McInis coming off the bench. Bryant SHOULD be able to make that team a contender in the East.
~ Romance is about the Possibility of the Thing. Ya See. Its about the time between when you first meet some fine woman. Then when you first make Love to her. Or when you first ask a woman to marry you and when she says I Do. When people who been together for a long time say that the Romance is gone...What they’re really saying is they've Exhausted the Possibility.
Darrius Lovehall

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Darrius Lovehall wrote:

Bryant wants out of LA desperately, right? Why wouldnt he want to go to the Bobcats and play for his idol? They have much better pieces than the Lakers according to many of you here, and they reside in the East. If Bryant is as great as he and many of you think he is. If he has the leadership abilities to take a team to the finals, why would he not want to go there? Lebron took an even less overall talented team to the finals. Bryant couldnt?

Brezac
Harrington
Wallace
Bryant
Felton

With Carrol, May, Morrison, Anderson and McInis coming off the bench. Bryant SHOULD be able to make that team a contender in the East.

Kobe wants to win. Him with that line-up is nothing in the East. They wouldn't even beat the Pistons.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby fahrique on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:43 pm

Whatever happens, if Kobe is traded there's no way Lakers get equal value, so can we at least get a silver lining and tie Kobe's ankle to Cook's so he goes too?
fahrique

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Darrius Lovehall wrote:

Brezac
Harrington
Wallace
Bryant
Felton

Brezec is not a true center, he plays mostly from the top of the key.

Harrington a starting power forward? :man10:

May is out for the season.

Anderson is almost old enough to legally retire.
March 21, 1999:

Venti Quattro

Postby vayacondios on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:49 pm

Darrius Lovehall wrote:As ive said several times, the absolute best deal for the Lakers would be to send Bryant to the Bobcats for Okafur, Richardson, and a couple of number one picks. Bobcats keep their best player in Wallace to pair with Bryant. While the Lakers get one hell of a package for Bryant. A C/PF combination of Bynum and Okafur has the potential of being flat out dominate in the very near future. Rebounding and shotblocking would be on lock. While the Lakers would have an extremely talented and athletic backcourt with J-Rich and Critt. Lakers could not get a better deal for Bryant, IMO.

Bynum_Brown_Mihm
Okafur_Turiaf_Cook
Odom_Radman_Walton
Richardson_Evans_Sasha
Critt_Farmar_Fisher

I always respect the heck out of your posts, but I actually have to question how good a deal this is for the Lakers. Okafor is about 2 years away from being a Larry Johnson back injury nightmare. Richardson is a good player, I admit, but I think he's another floater (kind of like LO). But I don't think that roster is going anywhere anytime soon. If I'm simply waiting for Bynum and the picks to develop, what am I doing with Richardson's overpriced contract? I'd rather get a Ray Felton or expiring parts from them to accelerate this process. I think an Okafor, Richardson, Odom core is (at best) 7-8 in the West, and that's not really going to do anything one way or the other.
vayacondios

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:52 pm

vayacondios wrote:I think an Okafor, Richardson, Odom core is (at best) 7-8 in the West, and that's not really going to do anything one way or the other.

That core is not in the playoffs in the Western Conference...
March 21, 1999:

Venti Quattro

Postby Massacre on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:
vayacondios wrote:I think an Okafor, Richardson, Odom core is (at best) 7-8 in the West, and that's not really going to do anything one way or the other.

You know why? Because they will play a combined 7 games together.
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby vayacondios on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:

Likely true. I was giving the roster the benefit of the doubt. Since there's no guarantee an Okafor, Richardson, Felton core would make the playoffs in the East, hard to see that swapping Odom in would make the playoffs in the infinitely more difficult West.
vayacondios

Postby Venti Quattro on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:05 pm

vayacondios wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:

Likely true. I was giving the roster the benefit of the doubt. Since there's no guarantee an Okafor, Richardson, Felton core would make the playoffs in the East, hard to see that swapping Odom in would make the playoffs in the infinitely more difficult West.

I looked at it a different way...If Kobe Bryant plus the Lakers scrubs are a seventh seed in the Western Conference, replacing him with Okafor and Richardson does not make them better...it makes them worse.
March 21, 1999:

Venti Quattro

Postby The Maverick on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:16 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:
The Maverick wrote:No way I'm taking Gordon, Nocioni and Thomas. It's either Deng and Thomas + Fillers or nothing.

And you are? Jerry Buss? Jim Buss? Mitch Kupchak? Neither of them...then it does not matter. The Los Angeles Lakers have dug themselves a hole deep enough where they are losing leverage each passing day.

I'm giving my opinion, or isn't that allowed anymore?
The Maverick
Australia's Lakers Rep

Postby Crispy on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:17 pm

Both of those deals make me puke.
Crispy

Postby fahrique on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:23 pm

If Nocioni were involved, wouldn't that trade have to wait until December?
fahrique

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:25 pm

fahrique wrote:If Nocioni were involved, wouldn't that trade have to wait until December?

Dec 15.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby thisbjgz on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:01 am

lmao @ jerry buss for now wanting to part with Bynum for J kidd.

now he wants to trade kobe for howard+terry? LOL !@*()@$&^&*#^*$&%^@#%&!(%@^!(@*!()@!&#@#@

wow..if the big guy doesnt even develop ANYWHERE NEARLY where his (the P word comes into play) POTENTIAL, the city of Los Angeles is going to be a riot.
thisbjgz

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion